Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - TV
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

GMA Network: MY KOREAN JAGIYA (Heart Evangelista)

dryedmangoezdryedmangoez PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
GMA is happy to announce its strong lineup of shows for the second half of the year
April 12, 2017

Summer may be over, but we’re still bringing you the hottest offerings!

The hit original comedy game show is back! Hosted by our very own Kapuso comedian Eugene Domingo, Celebrity Bluff returns to our screens on its 13th season powered with new segments and a new celebrity bluffer – none other than seasoned host Edu Manzano!

Rumored couple Tom Rodriguez and Carla Abellana will also be back on GMA Telebabad, but this time for a romantic-comedy series, I Heart Davao. The story will revolve around how Carla’s character Hope will change after receiving a heart transplant. Her love life will also take a twisted turn when she discovers who her heart donor is. Shot on location in Davao, fall in love with the beauty of the Crown Jewel of Mindanao and follow the serendipitous story of Hope.

Animation meets live action in the situational comedy Alex and Amie. The story revolves around Alex (Mikael Daez) and his invisible friend Amie, who will make his professional and personal life colorful. Dominic Roco is also in the show as Patrick, Alex’s rival to Bing’s (Andrea Torres) heart. A light and kilig-filled show with moral lessons for the kids, the story is perfect for the young and young at heart.

We’re also staying true to our GMA News and Public Affairs’ tagline “Serbisyong Totoo” with the airing of GMA Public Affairs’ 30th Anniversary Sa Serbisyong Totoo, Nabago Ang Buhay Ko this June.

To top it all off, these three shows will make you look forward to rainy nights on your couch: My Korean Jagiya which will feature Heart Evangelista; The Good Teacher which will star Primetime Queen Marian Rivera marking her much-awaited comeback on Primetime Telebabad; and Alyas Robin Hood Book 2 which top bills Primetime King Dingdong Dantes and Andrea Torres.

GMA's latest offerings will surely make you enjoy TV time until the rest of the year!
http://www.gmanetwork.com/entertainment/tv/30185/gma-is-happy-to-announce-its-strong-lineup-of-shows-for-the-second-half-of-the-year/story/

Comments

• dryedmangoezdryedmangoez PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm most interested in this one. Hopefully they cast an actual Korean actor for leading man. Not Steven Silva or Ken Chan playing a Korean guy. :lol:

Is this related to that deal last year about a Philippine/Korean co-production or something?
  • etxeteraetxetera PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I doubt magsasabay ang serye ng mag BFF na si Heart at Marian :glee:
    Maybe mauuna ito? Pwede sa last slot since it sounds like a lighter romantic dramedy. Maybe Mulawin-MLFTS-Jagiya tapos yung kay Marian magkasabay sa Arrow Season 2 ni Dingdong para nasa primetime ang "King and Queen" at the same time in 2 out 3 slots :glee:
  • CJ7_RussellCJ7_Russell taehyung.jungkook PEx Expert 🎖️
    kung totoong Korean actor ang kapair ni Heart dito, at believable na makukuha for the show, sino suggestion niyo?

siguro Kim Jeong Hoon? :lol: wala kasi siyang show ngayong 2017

okay din sina Jo Hyun Jae at Jae Hee, kaso may show na sila this year,.
  • kyupaybkyupayb PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    They should cast Steven Silva. That ultimate survivor deserves a break.
    ^^But Steven Silva isn't Korean. That's my point. GMA cast him as one in Koreana with Kris Bernal and even TV5 cast him as Korean on a Wattpad Presents. He's improved a lot lately and deserves work on TV, but mas okay if they find an actual Korean actor.
  • JeSuisBillyJeSuisBilly A Better Me! PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    kung totoong Korean actor ang kapair ni Heart dito, at believable na makukuha for the show, sino suggestion niyo?

siguro Kim Jeong Hoon? :lol: wala kasi siyang show ngayong 2017

okay din sina Jo Hyun Jae at Jae Hee, kaso may show na sila this year,.

Apparently si EA ang pinili over Steven Silva or any Korean actor :shrug:
    I saw the pics and was like "Are you serious with no Korean actor?"

But the PEP article says this:
    Makakasama nina Heart at EA sa teleserye ang isang Korean star.

Phew! Mukhang wala pa yata nakuha so okay lang :D But what if the "Korean Jagiya" isn't even a main character? :lol:

Nasa GMA pa rin pala si Dasuri Choi. She does GMA News TV shows. At least cast her too para meron naman actual Korean blood on the show other than Jinri. *okay*
  • jaglarjaglar PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Dun sa first pic sa right side parang mga Koreans sila pati yung lalaking nasa right-front na naka-luhod.
    I wonder if they could also be writers and creative consultants. I would hope the show will have Korean consultants of course.
    Former Kapamilya Edgar Allan Guzman paired with Heart Evangelista in new GMA-7 show
    by James Patrick Anarcon posted on June 21, 2017

2017-06-20_16:41:53_Heart-Evangelista-My-Korean-Jagiya.jpg

IMAGE Instagram and Twitter account of GMA Network
    Heart Evangelista is set to topbill GMA-7's new romantic-comedy series My Korean Jagiya. She will be joined by Edgar Allan Guzman, Frances Ignacio, Ricky Davao, Janice De Belen, and Jinri Park.

While she is still part of the ongoing GMA-7 show Mulawin vs. Ravena, Heart Evangelista is set to topbill a new Kapuso show.

She will be the lead star of the new romantic comedy series My Korean Jagiya.

A story conference for this new TV series was held yesterday, June 19.

In a Twitter post by GMA Network, it revealed that Jagiya is a Korean term that means “darling.”

Joining Heart in this show is Edgar Allan Guzman, who marks his return to GMA Network.

Edgar Allan, who is also known as EA in showbiz, started his career in GMA-7 after winning Eat Bulaga’s Mr. Pogi contest way back in 2008.

He then transferred to TV5 in 2011, and to ABS-CBN in 2014.

According to a report by PEP contributor Ricky Calderon, EA will be one of Heart’s leading men in the series along with another Korean actor whose name is yet to be announced.

Veteran actors Janice de Belen and Ricky Davao, Frances Ignacio, Myke Solomon, Iya Villania, and Jinri Park will also be part of the cast.

The show is set to be directed by Mark Reyes, whose last project was the top-rating fantasy-series Encantadia.

Currently, Heart is seen in Mulawin vs. Ravena as Alwina.

No airing date has been announced yet for My Korean Jagiya.

Read more at http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/26263/former-kapamilya-edgar-allan-guzman-paired-with-heart-evangelista-in-new-gma-7-show#jCodRgRcGHifQqUx.99
  • ^^But Steven Silva isn't Korean. That's my point. GMA cast him as one in Koreana with Kris Bernal and even TV5 cast him as Korean on a Wattpad Presents. He's improved a lot lately and deserves work on TV, but mas okay if they find an actual Korean actor.

Telenovela lang ito and to hire a korean actor will cost them a fortune. :whatthe::bonkself:

They are paid per episode. And if they hire a korean actor the lowest they get paid per episode is 10Million Won or in USDollar is $8,400 and in pesos ay 420,000 pesos lang naman. And mga newbie pa lang yan ha. What more kung si Lee Min Ho or si Kim Woo Bin or si Soong Jong Ki pa kaya na 80M won per episode or $67,100. So how many episodes itong kdrama ni heart. kaya local lang ang pwede nila ihire to portray a korean male role.

Sabagay di naman masamang mangarap pero hwag masyadong taasan dahil mahina ang kalaban. :lol:
    There's plenty of local Koreans in the Philippines working as models and such.
    And hindi naman kailangan "big" name Korean actor. Pwede unknown, rookie actor, basta lang Korean talaga. Not a Steven Silva playing Korean or Ken Chan playing Korean (which they have before).
    There's plenty of local Koreans in the Philippines working as models and such.
    And hindi naman kailangan "big" name Korean actor. Pwede unknown, rookie actor, basta lang Korean talaga. Not a Steven Silva playing Korean or Ken Chan playing Korean (which they have before).

Si Ryan Bang Korean na Korean. Hehehe.