Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread misinformation.

Fuel saver power boosters

Sa mga mahilig po magkalikot. Lets share knowledge and experience.

I have tried virtually all kinds of power boosters and fuel savers I have heard off. From vortex mufflers and intakes. Alcohol combustion enhancer. HHO combustion enhancer. Electronic combustion enhancer. Spark plug modification and fuel vaporizer. all of them works for me except the last not because its not true but because I failed to do it correctly. Maybe I have missed something and hoping that someone here can fill in the blanks.
«1

Comments

  • Fuel saving devices = SNAKE OIL!

    [#]Peke[/#] [#]Huwad[/#] [#]HuwagManiwala[/#] [#]HuwagPaUto[/#]
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Fuel saving devices = SNAKE OIL!

    [#]Peke[/#] [#]Huwad[/#] [#]HuwagManiwala[/#] [#]HuwagPaUto[/#]

    Kung di ka nakakaintindi mauuto ka talaga. Ano na nga ang karanasan at qualification mo at parang marami kang alam tungkol sa bagay na ito. Would you like to have a discusion with me in order to showcase your huge knowledge in regards. for starters paki explain ang difference between an ICE and IEE, which one is more efficient and why?
  • bukol2 wrote: »
    Kung di ka nakakaintindi mauuto ka talaga. Ano na nga ang karanasan at qualification mo at parang marami kang alam tungkol sa bagay na ito. Would you like to have a discusion with me in order to showcase your huge knowledge in regards. for starters paki explain ang difference between an ICE and IEE, which one is more efficient and why?

    Maraming ibig sabihin ang IEE acronym na iyan.

    Pero sa totoo lang 'di kailangan maging dalubhasa para malamang HUWAD ang mga fuel saver na iyan! Kung nakatitipid talaga ng gaso iyan, DAPAT SINAMA na sa DESIGN ng makina ng sasakyan!

    Huwag kayong utu-uto!
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    we are talking about engines using fuel at kung di mo alam ang IEE in this context that makes something very obvious.

    sabi na nga ba....
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    this thread is intended for knowledge sharing and I hope that someone knowledgeable in the subject will find time to discuss with me. If not then I am open to share what I have learned from 35 years of playing with ICE.

    Yung matinong kusap lang please kahit konti o walang alam basta aware lang sa level ng knowledge niyo
  • kelunjikelunji PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    For some of these "fuel savers", the principle seems sound and in theory should work, but with the caveat that if you are not careful you may blow the engine. Bt in reality however engines these days are "smart" and will just ignore it or go into "limp-mode" as it may detect a fault. Example yung mga bypass filters w/c put a tube or pipe right after the MAF/MAP sensor. This leans out the fuel, but you may end up leaning the fuel too much because its uncontrolled and cause the engine to overheat (extra fuel is actually chucked in to cool the engine) or cause a smoky exhaust as the air-fuel ratio is now incorrect. Not to mention lose power. A better option would be to simply get n ECU re-map or get a piggy-back ECU. One can think of an ECU "map" as a simple Excel spreadsheet or graph where for every x-amount of air coming in (as detected by the air sensor), the ECU will tell the fuel regulator to give y-amount of gas (with some variations depending on the environment such as temperature, especially on the newer cars). If you can "lean" the fuel properly, you can save gas and even gain some power w/o damaging the engine.

    Yung vaporizers, if your injector is working fine, the fuel should vaporize/atomize efficiently anyway. Unless you have a better explanation on how it should work.
  • DaugGreenDaugGreen PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    HP boosters i've tried so far.

    1. Intake upgrade - Muffler, straight pipe, headers, cold air intake/ram air
    - IMO, gives a little bit of OMPPH with the power and torque. But not that much, unless you slam a turbo.

    2. Electrical upgrade - Grounding kit, advance timing, sparkplug replacement
    - Not much HP too, but it kinda gives the car some stability and flow of electricity

    3. Mechanical upgrade - Enlarged piston rings (kalikot)
    - This one gives a good amount of HP, specially if done right. But mumog ka nga lang sa gas.
    - Short shifter, racing clutch

    Fuel Savers

    Not tried yet. But most of the new cars now have their own fuel economy system.
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    kelunji wrote: »
    For some of these "fuel savers", the principle seems sound and in theory should work, but with the caveat that if you are not careful you may blow the engine. Bt in reality however engines these days are "smart" and will just ignore it or go into "limp-mode" as it may detect a fault. Example yung mga bypass filters w/c put a tube or pipe right after the MAF/MAP sensor. This leans out the fuel, but you may end up leaning the fuel too much because its uncontrolled and cause the engine to overheat (extra fuel is actually chucked in to cool the engine) or cause a smoky exhaust as the air-fuel ratio is now incorrect. Not to mention lose power. A better option would be to simply get n ECU re-map or get a piggy-back ECU. One can think of an ECU "map" as a simple Excel spreadsheet or graph where for every x-amount of air coming in (as detected by the air sensor), the ECU will tell the fuel regulator to give y-amount of gas (with some variations depending on the environment such as temperature, especially on the newer cars). If you can "lean" the fuel properly, you can save gas and even gain some power w/o damaging the engine.

    Yung vaporizers, if your injector is working fine, the fuel should vaporize/atomize efficiently anyway. Unless you have a better explanation on how it should work.

    yep you are correct engines are now so smart that it will try to nullify the fuel saving device that you introduce. for example if you install an HHO booster the increase oxygen on the flue gases will be sense by the O2 sensor and will command the FI to pump more fuel. But there is a way around it one is as you have mentioned another is play with the O2 sensor so it senses less O2, basically to partially cover it or just get it out a bit out of the exhaust flow. or for the electrically inclined make some circuit that can manipulate the electrical signal of the O2 sensor.

    I agree too that any fuel saving device should be done by or with someone who understand ICE very well. Example is the "Dazo tubig na gasolina" made alledgely by dazo a computer engineer from nevada (alledgely). There is a switch that powers the HHO generator directly from the battery. kung ma on ang switch for a period without the engine running, explosive gas will accumulate in the intake manifold. and it does not matter whether your deisel engine is smart or not it will blow up the engine once started. for gasoline engine its just fine.
    with vaporizer carbs I am talking about the genre belonging to pogue carb.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Nelson_Pogue.

    there is a very safe fuel saver that I have tried and guaranteed to boost engine performance it works for any kind of engine except for my motorbike. The vortex intake and exhaust system. there are now many variants tornado cyclone etc. but all of them operates on the same principle. I wont pretend to know exactly how or why it works. But my guess is that by causing the gases to swirl the flow becomes organize (think of stampede) and it forces more air into the engine and provide some ease on the exhaust.

    In general a fuel saving device should promote more of explosion rather than combustion. explosion produce power combustion produce mostly heat. That is why as you mentioned you need an extra fuel to cool the engine. Fuel being use as coolant does not seem very logical.
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    DaugGreen wrote: »
    HP boosters i've tried so far.

    1. Intake upgrade - Muffler, straight pipe, headers, cold air intake/ram air
    - IMO, gives a little bit of OMPPH with the power and torque. But not that much, unless you slam a turbo.

    2. Electrical upgrade - Grounding kit, advance timing, sparkplug replacement
    - Not much HP too, but it kinda gives the car some stability and flow of electricity

    3. Mechanical upgrade - Enlarged piston rings (kalikot)
    - This one gives a good amount of HP, specially if done right. But mumog ka nga lang sa gas.
    - Short shifter, racing clutch

    Fuel Savers

    Not tried yet. But most of the new cars now have their own fuel economy system.

    you got to try the vortex intake

    I have a playmate he do the electrical and I do the mechanical. He made me a CDI replacement, he designed it himself. I could pull the spark plug cap and position the HT wire tip about half an inch from the S plug and the engine will run and continue running you can see the sparks jumping. What amazes me is it doesnt seem to affect the electrical supplies as if its getting electricity from nowhere. together with this there is a very noticeable power boost and fuel saving.

    http://www.instructables.com/id/Save-Gas-And-Incerase-Horsepower-By-Side-Gapping-S/
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    there is another neat trick that you can do. i been doing it for at least ten years now. Just add lube oil to your gasoline whenever you top up. better to use the same kind you use as engine oil. the amount depends on the condition of the engine. Basta di lang umusok tambutso. There is a downside. the lube oil will accumulate on the exhaust pipe. If you floor the accelerator for sometime the exhaust will get hot enough to vaporize those oils. If you have seen one of those lutuan ng copra thats how it will look like. What I did is to bore small holes on the exhaust pipe where I suspected oil to accumulate. It seems to be working. Havent use it on engines with Catalytic Con so I dont know how it will affect.
  • bukol2 wrote: »
    Sa mga mahilig po magkalikot. Lets share knowledge and experience.

    I have tried virtually all kinds of power boosters and fuel savers I have heard off. From vortex mufflers and intakes. Alcohol combustion enhancer. HHO combustion enhancer. Electronic combustion enhancer. Spark plug modification and fuel vaporizer. all of them works for me except the last not because its not true but because I failed to do it correctly. Maybe I have missed something and hoping that someone here can fill in the blanks.


    Which one will be the best method to save fuel?
  • bukol2 wrote: »
    there is another neat trick that you can do. i been doing it for at least ten years now. Just add lube oil to your gasoline whenever you top up.

    Bago kami maniwala, maglabas ka muna ng aral na nagsasabing makatitipid sa gaso ang pagdagdag ng langis. Sana bago matapos ang Abril taong 2017....
  • kelunjikelunji PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bukol2 wrote: »
    yep you are correct engines are now so smart that it will try to nullify the fuel saving device that you introduce. for example if you install an HHO booster the increase oxygen on the flue gases will be sense by the O2 sensor and will command the FI to pump more fuel. But there is a way around it one is as you have mentioned another is play with the O2 sensor so it senses less O2, basically to partially cover it or just get it out a bit out of the exhaust flow. or for the electrically inclined make some circuit that can manipulate the electrical signal of the O2 sensor.

    Use a piggyback system like Apexi's SAFC, get an ECU remap or custom ECU like Megasquirt.
    I agree too that any fuel saving device should be done by or with someone who understand ICE very well. Example is the "Dazo tubig na gasolina" made alledgely by dazo a computer engineer from nevada (alledgely). There is a switch that powers the HHO generator directly from the battery. kung ma on ang switch for a period without the engine running, explosive gas will accumulate in the intake manifold. and it does not matter whether your deisel engine is smart or not it will blow up the engine once started. for gasoline engine its just fine.
    with vaporizer carbs I am talking about the genre belonging to pogue carb.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Nelson_Pogue.

    This HHO generator, will again in theory work. Hydrogen combined with oxygen releases a lot of energy, and both are abundant as water. But the drawback is trying to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen requires A LOT of energy (electricity to be precise). So much so that any energy you derive will not be worth the energy you expended. Water is already very stable hence it can't be used as fuel by itself (that con-man from Paranaque notwithstanding).
    there is a very safe fuel saver that I have tried and guaranteed to boost engine performance it works for any kind of engine except for my motorbike. The vortex intake and exhaust system. there are now many variants tornado cyclone etc. but all of them operates on the same principle. I wont pretend to know exactly how or why it works. But my guess is that by causing the gases to swirl the flow becomes organize (think of stampede) and it forces more air into the engine and provide some ease on the exhaust.

    That actually works, it should give more power (yung naglalagay ng "torotot" or velocity stacks). The stacks works by making the airflow smooth but remember once you start chucking in air, the engine also begins feeding in more fuel to give you more power. Thats just how it goes.
    In general a fuel saving device should promote more of explosion rather than combustion. explosion produce power combustion produce mostly heat. That is why as you mentioned you need an extra fuel to cool the engine. Fuel being use as coolant does not seem very logical.

    Its actually quite logical, any excess will be burned off. Unless you try using water (actually the Germans did that in WW2 for their planes, but engine lives back then where measured in hours before an overhaul or replacement).
    bukol2 wrote: »
    there is another neat trick that you can do. i been doing it for at least ten years now. Just add lube oil to your gasoline whenever you top up. better to use the same kind you use as engine oil. the amount depends on the condition of the engine. Basta di lang umusok tambutso. There is a downside. the lube oil will accumulate on the exhaust pipe. If you floor the accelerator for sometime the exhaust will get hot enough to vaporize those oils. If you have seen one of those lutuan ng copra thats how it will look like. What I did is to bore small holes on the exhaust pipe where I suspected oil to accumulate. It seems to be working. Havent use it on engines with Catalytic Con so I dont know how it will affect.

    Why? Unless you are using this on a 2-stroke engine? How will this save on fuel? When you have to floor the gas once in a while (burning more gas) and having to buy extra oil, wouldn't this mean you are actually spending more?
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    "Why? Unless you are using this on a 2-stroke engine? How will this save on fuel? When you have to floor the gas once in a while (burning more gas) and having to buy extra oil, wouldn't this mean you are actually spending more?"

    sorry for not being clear. But this one is meant to boost power. not save fuel It does not occur to me to measure fuel consumption on this one although I believe there is some. Again i wont pretend to know how or why it works but it did works for me and the best proof you can have is try it yourself. The only explanation I got is it lubricates the cylinder and piston better especially on the upper part or maybe the oil being introduce at the top will be force on and seal the the ring gaps during power stroke. Anyways Its kind of moronic to demand a written explanation when all you have to do is pour some oil on your tank and observe it the next time you go and its a far better proof than a written one. I know you are not demanding proof and far be it that you are a moron... just saying.

    Ok so for the HHO if you look at the "energy created energy spent" aspect you will miss the real deal. lets look at at it on the bullet concept. I am only going to post a concapt of how a bullet works it applies to HHO plus petro or diesel. you have an excellent analytical mind I know you can make it up
    bullet-parts.jpg

    [video]http://www.ibuzzle.com/articles/how-does-a-bullet-work.html[/video]
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    mirksosr wrote: »
    Which one will be the best method to save fuel?

    dont drive hahaha

    ok kidding aside HHO svae me 30% thats conservative. Im on the process of masking my 4rd HHO reactor. Its twice as big as the previous I found out that the more HHO produce the more fuel I save. Carefull with diesel engines though.

    some tips on HHO
    There is a lot of BS online
    use a dry cell
    use saturated baking soda solution as electrolyte
    If you want to go max install an additional alternator


    how do you know you are producing HHO and not some useless gas? simple. Fill a small plastic with the HHO produce directly from your reactor and lit it with a match. I use a small plastic for ice candy. It should explode like a 22 cal. Dont try an slice bread plastic you'll probably end up in barangay hall or police station.

    PS you need to remap your ECU as kenunji saggested or do any of the suggestion I made above.

    more importantly add lube oil to the fuel. The engine will run hot if you dont because you are basically eliminating the coolant part of the fuel charge.
  • Nietono_no_ShanaNietono_no_Shana PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    @bukol2

    "Just add lube oil to your gasoline whenever you top up."

    Where do you usually drive and what is your vehicle? IMHO it will increase your smoke emission, in which it will probably be a problem if your drive within NCR.
  • kelunjikelunji PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bukol2 wrote: »
    "Why? Unless you are using this on a 2-stroke engine? How will this save on fuel? When you have to floor the gas once in a while (burning more gas) and having to buy extra oil, wouldn't this mean you are actually spending more?"

    sorry for not being clear. But this one is meant to boost power. not save fuel It does not occur to me to measure fuel consumption on this one although I believe there is some. Again i wont pretend to know how or why it works but it did works for me and the best proof you can have is try it yourself. The only explanation I got is it lubricates the cylinder and piston better especially on the upper part or maybe the oil being introduce at the top will be force on and seal the the ring gaps during power stroke. Anyways Its kind of moronic to demand a written explanation when all you have to do is pour some oil on your tank and observe it the next time you go and its a far better proof than a written one. I know you are not demanding proof and far be it that you are a moron... just saying.

    If we are going to go to the "I don't know why or how it works, but it works for me..", then do you have a 1 peso coin in your pocket? What if I claimed that it keeps tigers away? Hey I have a P1 coin right here and no tiger has attacked me, so...

    Seriously, unless you are using a 2-stroke engine don't do this. Engine oil is significantly thicker than gasoline or diesel and you are running the risk of clogging your injectors and fuel lines. Not to mention having a smoky exhaust (you already pointed out that you have an oily exhaust pipe). I can also only imagine what the insides of your cylinder heads looks like.
    Ok so for the HHO if you look at the "energy created energy spent" aspect you will miss the real deal. lets look at at it on the bullet concept. I am only going to post a concapt of how a bullet works it applies to HHO plus petro or diesel. you have an excellent analytical mind I know you can make it up
    http://www.ibuzzle.com/images/diagrams/bullet-parts.jpg

    http://www.ibuzzle.com/articles/how-does-a-bullet-work.html

    Well if you are only looking at this purely from "power whatever the cost" perspective sure go ahead. Show us dyno figures and how much have you spent so far.

    Honestly I would go for the tried and tested forced induction route.
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    kelunji wrote: »
    If we are going to go to the "I don't know why or how it works, but it works for me..", then do you have a 1 peso coin in your pocket? What if I claimed that it keeps tigers away? Hey I have a P1 coin right here and no tiger has attacked me, so...

    Seriously, unless you are using a 2-stroke engine don't do this.
    [B]told you already been doing it for at least ten years and lately my brother claimed that he read it on forums people are talking about it. Well I have shared it to as many people. If you dont believe me then there is no point to continue discussing with you[/B]


    Engine oil is significantly thicker than gasoline or diesel and you are running the risk of clogging your injectors and fuel lines. Not to mention having a smoky exhaust (you already pointed out that you have an oily exhaust pipe). I can also only imagine what the insides of your cylinder heads looks like.



    Well if you are only looking at this purely from "power whatever the cost" perspective sure go ahead. Show us dyno figures and how much have you spent so far.

    Honestly I would go for the tried and tested forced induction route.

    go ahead try whatever you want.

    "show us Dyno figures how much you spent"
    seriously. after telling me that you dont believe me?
    jeeezz I'm not an academe. I'm an inventor. We think and do things differently. we are risk takers. Breaking something is part of the fun but it pays handsomely. If you are not a risk taker you found the wrong person.

    Did you get the bullet concept applied to ICE?
  • bukol2bukol2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    @bukol2

    "Just add lube oil to your gasoline whenever you top up."

    Where do you usually drive and what is your vehicle? IMHO it will increase your smoke emission, in which it will probably be a problem if your drive within NCR.

    dito lang ako sa kabundukan ng quezon.
    L300FB GMC V8 ; Toyota dyna and motorbike. all without catalytic converter. Yes you are correct thats why before renewing license I clean exhaust pipe first its only once a year.

    Here is another one for you'

    side gaping spark plug

    FGFOEH3F6S8Z4UE.MEDIUM.jpg
  • kelunjikelunji PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bukol2 wrote: »
    go ahead try whatever you want.

    "show us Dyno figures how much you spent"
    seriously. after telling me that you dont believe me?
    jeeezz I'm not an academe. I'm an inventor. We think and do things differently. we are risk takers. Breaking something is part of the fun but it pays handsomely. If you are not a risk taker you found the wrong person.

    Did you get the bullet concept applied to ICE?

    Oh an inventor? An inventor who doesn't understand basic science nor has the drive to understand. Here's the thing, if you want people to take your "inventions" seriously, you have to at least have to tell them the basic science behind it. Hindi pwede yung pikon ka.
Sign In or Register to comment.