Home PEx Chat Small Talk

What is your personality profile?

It occurs to me that most of the folks who are here in this section of PEX maybe looking for possible mates for life, or at the very least looking for potential friends who share the same or contrasting personalities to complete and enrich our lives. I suppose it would be useful if we know each other's personality types to begin with ...

Let me begin with my own personality type:

50% INTP, 50% INFP, which can become 100% INTP, or 100% INFP depending on the circumstances involved.

INTP: Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceving (thinker, observer)
INFP: Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving (dreamer, idealist)

In short I'm sort of a mixed bag who can't decide whether to trust the brain (logic) or heart (emotion). :D

If you dont know your personality profile, I encourage you to take a personality test. There are several free online tests which usually involve only multiple choice questionaires. It is really interesting. Once you get your profile, read about it. It can be equally unnerving as well as fascinating to read about yourself being described in a most accurate and comprehensive way. Know Thyself said Thales, and what better way to begin accomplishing that than by understanding your own personality.

Comments

• Would you mind sharing with us the links where we could find these tests? Tenkz!
  • I'm more on the INTP(thinker, observer) than INFP.

atleast 75% INTP and INFP 25%... but then again pwede rin 100% INTP, or 100% INFP depending on the circumstances involved. :D
    Would you mind sharing with us the links where we could find these tests? Tenkz!

yeah... give us some links so that mas accurate ang results.
  • Here are some links to tests:

http://www.advisorteam.com/user/ktsintro1.asp
    http://www.scientology.org/oca.html
    http://test.thespark.com/person/
    http://www.personalityonline.com/tests/tests.html

I'm sure there are more. Please use search engines to look for them.

Some of the tests do not result to the MBTI classification system but if you know the MBTI personality types (listed below), it shouldnt be too difficult to "convert" the results.

I = introverted
    E = extraverted

N = intuitive
    S = sensing

T = thinking
    F = feeling

P = perceiving
    J = judging

MBTI Type Summaries for those who think they already know themselves and do not need tests. (wishful thinking btw) :D

ENFJ : "Pedagogue". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 5% of the total population.

INFJ: "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1% of the total population.

ENFP: "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 5% of the total population.

INFP: "Questor". High capacity for caring. Calm and pleasant face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

ENTJ: "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.

INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 1% of the total population.

ENTP: "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.

INTP: "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 1% of the total population.

ESTJ: "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 13% of the total population.

ISTJ: "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 6% of the total population.

ESFJ: "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 13% of the total population.

ISFJ: "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 6% of the total population.

ESTP: "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 13% of the total population.

ESFP: "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 13% of the total population.

ISTP: "Artisan". Impulsive action. Life should be of impulse rather than of purpose. Action is an end to itself. Fearless, craves excitement, master of tools. 5% of the total population.

ISFP: "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. The senses are keener than in other types. 5% of the total population
  • According to the Keirsey Temperament Description, here is my personality profile:

The Guardian Portrait
    All Guardians (SJs) share the following core characteristics:

Guardians pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hard-working.
    Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.
    Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.
    Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.
    Guardians are the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing goods and services--from supervision to maintenance and supply--and they use all their skills to keep things running smoothly in their families, communities, schools, churches, hospitals, and businesses.
  • HYPERION : :wave: REMEMBER ME?
  • Your Free Keirsey Temperament Description
    The Rational Portrait

All Rationals (NTs) share the following core characteristics:

* Rationals tend to be pragmatic, skeptical, self-contained, and focused on problem-solving and systems analysis.
    * Rationals pride themselves on being ingenious, independent, and strong willed.
    * Rationals make reasonable mates, individualizing parents, and strategic leaders.
    * Rationals are even-tempered, they trust logic, yearn for achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology, and dream of understanding how the world works.

Rationals are the problem solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the many complex systems that make up the world around us. Rationals might tackle problems in organic systems such as plants and animals, or in mechanical systems such as railroads and computers, or in social systems such as families and companies and governments. But whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyze them to understand how they work, so they can figure out how to make them work better.

Rationals are very scarce, comprising as little as 5 to 7 percent of the population. But because of their drive to unlock the secrets of nature, and to develop new technologies, they have done much to shape our world.
  • I'm 50% estp &:o

50%esfj:p
  • TheSpark.com's Personality Test

POLITICIAN
    (Dominant Extrovert Abstract Thinker )

Like just 5% of the population you are a POLITICIAN (DEAT)--forceful, outgoing, and forward-looking. You are strong-willed and extroverted, so you enjoy interacting with other people. You aggressively pursue your goals.

Your creative style of thinking allows you to come up with unusual arguments and original ideas that appeal to others, but behind it all is an analytical mind that never forgets the bottom line. While some might see you as manipulative, your close friends know you are a talented person who deserves the best in life.

Whatever. You *are* manipulative. Whether you use your power for "good" or "bad", it's up to you. If you're confused what good or bad means, ask a HEALER. Like EXPERIMENTERS, you have a propensity for cheating.

:lol:
  • Hi Eileen. Of course I remember you! :) Have ya taken your personality test yet? :D

Bluetaurus, u should take more tests to pinpoint your specific Guardian personality. There are four types of SJ, namely ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ and ISFJ and these are very different types of personalities.

Pinkrose, you are clearly an ENTJ. Born leader and executive!
  • personality profile:

* stands 5'4, fair-skinned, shoulder length hair, have curves on the right places..:):)

* 3rd yr speech communication student at the University of the Philippines- Diliman

* an out-going person, loves to party, smoker (but preserve still those nice red lips and set of teeth) drinks moderately (fave: vodka)
  • Hi m_eileen ... I think we need more info. Ok so we know you are an extrovert, and since you are a mass comm student at UP, siguro may brains so possible na Thinker hehe. Most likely ENTJ but we cant be sure yet ...

Btw from UP Diliman din ako. But nauna yata ako sa iyo by 10 years ... :D
  • Your Keirsey Temperament is: Rational (NT)

Your Free Keirsey Temperament Description

The Rational Portrait
    All Rationals (NTs) share the following core characteristics:

Rationals tend to be pragmatic, skeptical, self-contained, and focused on problem-solving and systems analysis.
    Rationals pride themselves on being ingenious, independent, and strong willed.
    Rationals make reasonable mates, individualizing parents, and strategic leaders.
    Rationals are even-tempered, they trust logic, yearn for achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology, and dream of understanding how the world works.

Rationals are the problem solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the many complex systems that make up the world around us. Rationals might tackle problems in organic systems such as plants and animals, or in mechanical systems such as railroads and computers, or in social systems such as families and companies and governments. But whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyze them to understand how they work, so they can figure out how to make them work better.

Rationals are very scarce, comprising as little as 5 to 7 percent of the population. But because of their drive to unlock the secrets of nature, and to develop new technologies, they have done much to shape our world.
  • TheSpark.com's Personality Test

JUDGE
    (Dominant Introvert Concrete Thinker )

Like just 3% of the population you are a JUDGE (DICT). Your affinity for facts and analytical approach to life help you some complex problems and make tough decisions that others cannot. But don't think you don't act like a ***** a lot of the time. You jump into arguments and hold grudges like crazy. Try jumping into the sack and holding buttocks, instead. You could probably use some love.

While some may see you as a bit overbearing and arrogant, your friends know that you are a trustworthy person with depth and a strong sense of righteousness. Although you are introverted and somewhat reserved, you have a forceful personality that your friends appreciate and your enemies fear. God help them. God help all of us.
  • Hi Krak,

You are most definitely INTJ, rocket scientist stock hehehe. :D

My Spark result is SIAT (submissive introverted abstract thinker) or MASTERMIND!

You are a MASTERMIND (SIAT). You can be silent and withdrawn, but behind your reserved exterior lies an active mind that allows you to analyze situations and come up with creative, unexpected solutions. Normal people call this “scheming.” Don’t learn German.

Anyway, your sense of style and originality are your strengths, and people will respect your judgment once they get to know you. If you learn to be a little more personable, you could be a great leader--you’ve definitely got the “vision” thing down. Just make sure all the plotting you do behind those eyes of yours is healthy.
  • DICF- (Dominant Introvert Concrete Feeler )

PROBER)--curious, passionate, driven, and probing. You're the kind of person who can't leave well enough alone. You have a very strong personality and a sense of adventure. And you'd rather go out and experience things for yourself than take someone else's word for it. Some people probably think you're a maniac.

People have a hard time believing you're an intelligent person. Perhaps there's a reason for this? Time will tell.

---
    Semper Fi
  • 75% INTP: Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceving (thinker, observer)
    25% INFP: Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving (dreamer, idealist)

:blowsmoke:
  • Originally posted by Hyperion
    Hi Krak,

You are most definitely INTJ, rocket scientist stock hehehe.
    The thing with these tests is they show us who we are so that we can work on our weaknesses. PExers here would probably see me more as extroverted than introverted. Years ago, that would not have been the case. :)
    INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 1% of the total population.
    Exactly. I build systems for a living and I build EBs here in PEx. When I do EBs part of the motivation is also in having some ideas applied and tested. They're EBs not for EB's sake but for building community. :D
  • According to the Spark...Politician (DEAT) and Performer (DEAF)

MYERS-Briggs...INFP (Questor) or ENFP (Journalist)

5'8"-9" Average build...neat appearance...studying 2 simultaneous quota courses at UP Diliman...workaholic and enterprising student...looking but not expecting (she has to be naturally quick and sharp...it would be unfair for both of us if she wasn't)...with personal transpo...:p...complex personality...22 years of age...fun at night would be great...especially for the medyo insomniac like myself...:p

Sleepy (more up my sleeve) :p

Hey Krak!...:p How're u doing...:p
  • According to the Spark...Politician (DEAT) and Performer (DEAF)

MYERS-Briggs...INFP (Questor) or ENFP (Journalist)

5'8"-9" Average build...neat appearance...studying 2 simultaneous quota courses at UP Diliman...workaholic and enterprising student...looking but not expecting (she has to be naturally quick and sharp...it would be unfair for both of us if she wasn't)...with personal transpo...:p...complex personality...22 years of age...fun at night would be great...especially for the medyo insomniac like myself...:p

Sleepy (more up my sleeve) :p

Hey Krak!...:p How're u doing...:p
  • The thing with these tests is they show us who we are so that we can work on our weaknesses. PExers here would probably see me more as extroverted than introverted. Years ago, that would not have been the case.

Nicely said. There is but one natural purpose of knowing one's self ... and that is to improve and go beyond the temporary boundaries of our temporary personalities.