Are we alone?

bengaboyzbengaboyz C,eh..N,eh..D,eh PExer
wala lang. Just wanna know your thoughts.
are we being naive in thinking that there are no other intellingent life forms out there? or are we the pioneers who will eventually conquer and inhabit the final frontier.

Comments

• freakster2k1freakster2k1 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    is there any intellegent life form? is this really a question given tehre are billions of stars out there? i dont know. but is this really crucial to us?

it is more important to ask, if we can travel at the speed of light, or faster than it. if not, then there is no point really in asking if there is life out there. because contact seems to be not feasable.
  • kTmkTm Member PExer
    r we alone?

though i usually am alone or i prefer to b alone..... sa tingin ko, i never am alone. i (think or) believe that there's this bigger world out there. sum world wherein we myt only b "little" compared 2 them or da othr way around..... lam m mnsn feeling m may naktngn sau, wla namn.... :) :) :)
  • nymianymia Think about OFWs PExer
    To think that we are alone is to think that evolution happens only on Earth.

To think that we are alone is to deny there is a possibility of life outside Earth.

To think that we are alone is to accept that our understanding about the cosmos is truly primitive.
  • bengaboyzbengaboyz C,eh..N,eh..D,eh PExer
    Originally posted by freakster2k1
    is there any intellegent life form? is this really a question given tehre are billions of stars out there? i dont know. but is this really crucial to us?

it is more important to ask, if we can travel at the speed of light, or faster than it. if not, then there is no point really in asking if there is life out there. because contact seems to be not feasable.

crucial? I don't know if it's crucial, but knowing there are other intelligent life forms will answer a lot of existential questions.
    as for travelling the speed of light, I believe there are ongoing experiments on this matter. One that seems
    plausible is the concept of teleportation. we may not have the technology yet but, if u were asked if
    men can walk on the moon 200 years ago, u probably would've said: "that seems to be not feasible".
    Originally posted by ktm though i usually am alone or i prefer to b alone..... sa tingin ko, i never am alone. i (think or) believe that there's this bigger world out there. sum world wherein we myt only b "little" compared 2 them or da othr way around..... lam m mnsn feeling m may naktngn sau, wla namn....

hmmm....very interesting indeed...ever think about seeing a phsychiatrist:glee:...biro lng dre, wag galet..heheh....but anything is a possibility until it can be proven otherwise..di ba nga.
    Originally posted by nymia To think that we are alone is to think that evolution happens only on Earth.

To think that we are alone is to deny there is a possibility of life outside Earth.

To think that we are alone is to accept that our understanding about the cosmos is truly primitive.
    To think that we are alone is to think that evolution happens only on Earth.

I agree..but can we really apply earth's laws and evolutionary theories outside of our solar system. a solar system is only "a system". even intelligence may take on another dimention or life for that matter.
  • SpartanSpartan Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I like the quote in the movie Contact,

"I'd have to say, if it is just us.... seem's like an aweful waste of space."
  • freakster2k1freakster2k1 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bengaboyz

teleportation as in the startrek conception of? u mean i will be reduced to energy and recreated back into matter ? but isnt energy travels at the speed of light too?

what i meant by asking this Q: is even if there are life forms out there, and i am assuming there are, given the probabilities.. can we actually have contact with them? If i say hello, ppl from the nearest star system will get the message in 4 years. Then again, i understand that they can have hyper space, where we can manipulate the space time contineum. but the problem is, will the ppl manipulating it will age or not ?

seems fictional as the landing on the moon 200 years ago. But landing in the moon seems comprehendable. but hyper warping? maybe.. we should be more concern with the solar system, before we tackle projects outside the solar system, like sending a man craft to the nearest star system
  • nymianymia Think about OFWs PExer
    Originally posted by bengaboyz
    I agree..but can we really apply earth's laws and evolutionary theories outside of our solar system. a solar system is only "a system". even intelligence may take on another dimention or life for that matter.

I think it would be sufficient to prove the existence of the basic elements such as hydrogen, helium and oxygen in both places, then it also possible to find the other elements as well.

It is well known and well documented that these far-off places have these kinds of elements and more often than not, these elements behave like the elements found in our solar system.

Since the behavior of the two are the same, it can also be stated that if there is life in the particular area, it also follows that they will obey the laws found in these elements.
    Originally posted by freakster2k1
    teleportation as in the startrek conception of? u mean i will be reduced to energy and recreated back into matter ? but isnt energy travels at the speed of light too?

or smthng like that...I don't watch startrek...but teleportation as in characteristics and properties of photons and atoms being transported to a receiver in another location. If I'm not mistaken, scientists have already proven in some experiments that this is a possibility (with photons anyway).
    what i meant by asking this Q: is even if there are life forms out there, and i am assuming there are, given the probabilities.. can we actually have contact with them? If i say hello, ppl from the nearest star system will get the message in 4 years. Then again, i understand that they can have hyper space, where we can manipulate the space time contineum. but the problem is, will the ppl manipulating it will age or not ?

seems fictional as the landing on the moon 200 years ago. But landing in the moon seems comprehendable. but hyper warping? maybe.. we should be more concern with the solar system, before we tackle projects outside the solar system, like sending a man craft to the nearest star system

hahah..but isn't that the beauty of fiction though? it lets ur mind think freely? ..and based on man's current knowledge in modern physics, Time travel cannot be completely ruled as an impossibility. but even if encounters of the third kind seems improbable, just proof that they're out there would be the greatest scientific revelation of all time, wouldn't it?
    :D
    Originally posted by Spartan
    I like the quote in the movie Contact,

"I'd have to say, if it is just us.... seem's like an aweful waste of space."

yeah...nice movie!
  • SacrosanctSacrosanct Kegare Sawari PExer
    if you think about it, humans have only existed for a few million years. compared to the earth's history, this is a very short period of time... what more compared to the timeline of the universe? there may be intelligent life somewhere out there, but the possibility of them existing at the same time we exist is very, very slim...
    Originally posted by nymia

I think it would be sufficient to prove the existence of the basic elements such as hydrogen, helium and oxygen in both places, then it also possible to find the other elements as well.

It is well known and well documented that these far-off places have these kinds of elements and more often than not, these elements behave like the elements found in our solar system.

Since the behavior of the two are the same, it can also be stated that if there is life in the particular area, it also follows that they will obey the laws found in these elements.

Again, I agree with u nymia, everything u've said is true, but this is based on d definition of life as we know it. What I'm questioning is: should we confine our search for life forms based on what makes earthlings tick? could there be no system or life forms out there that is not dependent on d elements that u've mentioned? a system that doesn't have a burning star in the center?:D
    Originally posted by Sacrosanct
    if you think about it, humans have only existed for a few million years. compared to the earth's history, this is a very short period of time... what more compared to the timeline of the universe? there may be intelligent life somewhere out there, but the possibility of them existing at the same time we exist is very, very slim...

and if what ur saying is true, then
    mankind will one day cease to exist or we would've evolve into some other kind of life form.:D
  • The universe is forever expanding and I think it is naive to believe that we are the only life forms in the entire universe....

Is there another life aside from us in the whole universe? I remember a Pastor saying that the Bible is silent on some things, like it didn't mention anything about Dinosaurs, but it doesn't mean that they didn't exist.... I believe its the same thing with "aliens".... it doesn't mean that if the Bible is silent about it's existence, that they are not there.... ;)

There had been accounts of extra terrestial encounters and some scientists believe that there are some genuine stories from folks who have claimed they have encountered such... Will there ever come a time when these "beings" can come to us as "neighbors" and learn from us as much as we can learn from them?

Bengaboyz.... you've been watching too many ET movies! :no:
    Originally posted by Fairy_nd_meadow

Bengaboyz.... you've been watching too many ET movies! :no:

hahaha...honga...alang magawa eh...heheh

mom shy puno na ung mailbox mo...di ako makapag-reply dun sa pm mo...
  • EndymionnEndymionn I Am Tri[p] PExer
    Originally posted by bengaboyz

and if what ur saying is true, then
    mankind will one day cease to exist or we would've evolve into some other kind of life form.:D

And sooner we will...

It's either we destroy ourselves, our world or we will evolve into something new.

Just remember, we are seeking others because we fear for ourselves, we see ourselves as too backward and too destructive.

But if we manage to once and for all get out of this world, settle somewhere permanently, establish a new colony perhaps,

Maybe we would not worry about being alone that much.

We will have the courage to wait...
  • shox920shox920 Slightly Green Minded PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    only GOD knows if there`s really another life form exist

in other planets thousands of miles or million of light years

and beyond....but if you`ll based it in the bible.....it said that

GOD only put life on earth, he put humans and animals and

other living organisms in it.........
  • rey_piniocorey_pinioco Everybody! PExer
    Are there other life forms in the Universe? Very probable.

Intelligent life? Maybe not, yet.
  • basti_amadeusbasti_amadeus freeyourmind! PExer
    wr all alone...
    wr all alone!!!!
    close d window, calm d light...
    and it will b alright...:walkman2:

*peace*
    Originally posted by basti_amadeus
    wr all alone...
    wr all alone!!!!
    close d window, calm d light...