Christians vs Catholics

BarakomanBarakoman Victory is ours! PExer
This time please lets all restrain our nerves and cool our heads....

Let's start in the new beginning of debates between the Roman Catholic Church and the United Christian Community.

As much as possible lets start with questions then the answers, pls no more hot headed approaches.

If you feel offended along the way, please be honest and just say youve been offended or something, in that way the other party may cool down and avoid such insults.....

Speaking of insults, please let us all keep ourselves from commiting such things to offend the other party.....

So now I challenge all the RCC members here to speak out your point of views, and same goes to my fellow protestants....

Thank you and let the FIGHT begin! :D

Comments

• tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    Idolatry is old stuff. Just read the following REALLY BLASPHEMOUS statements issued by the Catholic leadership!

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895.

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty" ...Pope Leo XIII

"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109

The title "Lord God the Pope" is found within a gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4,

"The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ". "The Pope has authority and has often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." This is from Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap.

"...the church is above the Bible, and the transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact" Catholic Record of London, Ontario Sept 1,1923.

...AND MANY MORE AT

http://www.remnantofgod.com/~nicholas/
  • TessariaTessaria Fan Forum's Finest PExer
    Your thread title is a flame war waiting to happen.

Is it your objective (as a Christian) to keep on 'hacking' away at the RCC? Is this is the point of your spiritual life?

I find that incredibly sad.

It is simply wrong to put the Catholic Church and Christianity in separate ends and try to pit them against each other as if they had nothing to do with each other. AND, no offense to our Protestant brethren, Protestants arent the only Christians here, no matter what you believe.

This is misleading. Very misleading. Youre only opening up this thread for the sole purpose of baiting Catholics and Protestants against each other. That is very unChristian of you.
  • loc0loc0 loc0.deviantart.com PExer
    I'm usually an indifferent spectator here, but I just have to ask... which part of "Love thy neighbor" do you refuse to understand? I'm sure you can understand it, but which part do you filter out?

Sometimes I wonder about you people :rolleyes:

..loc0(s/e);
  • abuGianabuGian angel baloney detector PExer
    Catholics are Christians too you know.
  • BarakomanBarakoman Victory is ours! PExer
    Originally posted by Tessaria
    Your thread title is a flame war waiting to happen.

Is it your objective (as a Christian) to keep on 'hacking' away at the RCC? Is this is the point of your spiritual life?

I find that incredibly sad.

It is simply wrong to put the Catholic Church and Christianity in separate ends and try to pit them against each other as if they had nothing to do with each other. AND, no offense to our Protestant brethren, Protestants arent the only Christians here, no matter what you believe.

This is misleading. Very misleading. Youre only opening up this thread for the sole purpose of baiting Catholics and Protestants against each other. That is very unChristian of you.

"They judged me before they even know me...."

Please Tessaria, for the sake of humanity and friendship, please don't judge people afront.

Yes it is true that probably not all protestants here are the only Christians, i agree that there maybe some catholics too.

If you want to prove something that you are a real Christian then show it.

Another thing is I created this thread for our new beginning of broader understanding on our beliefs since 99% protestants here were former catholics (I assume).

For everyone's information, as according to the Bible, the only real Christians or God's children are those who follows His commandments and teachings. We cannot just say a person is a christian yet he/she have a filty mouth, worships idols, killing people, and etc...

In the case with you Tessaria, if you think that you are a Christian then just act like a Christian at hayaan mo nayung ibang tao kahit na anong sabihin nila. Ikaw narin ang magsuri ng kapaligiran natin at sa mga nangyayari sa mga buhay natin. Ikaw narin ang makakakita kung ano ang tama at kung sino ang mga totoong Kristyano.

Simply please follow the rules to avoid anymore flame ups... :)
  • raggsterraggster ghost in the shell PExer
    one would think that after three consecutive threads being shut down because of flaming and flame-baiting, which is obviously the intent of this thread given the title and opening remarks (Christians vs. Catholics; "... let the FIGHT begin!") some people around here would've learned their lesson...

and abugian's right. all of us are Christian, Catholic or Protestant. the thread title itself is very misleading.
    Originally posted by abuGian
    Catholics are Christians too you know.

But you must admit too and be honest to yourself and to others that not all catholics are christians (these days).

We know that you are a Baptist Christian, so yourself should know about this.

The reason why I separated the Catholics and the Christians are to stop the confusions between us. And I assume that you know why.
  • raggsterraggster ghost in the shell PExer
    barakoman, no one is "judging you before we've known you," because a little more than 24 hours ago you were the most active flamer and flame-baiter in this entire forum, narrowly edging out klapowcius.

furthermore, this attitude of your that Catholics must be pitted against Christians (again, a misleading premise) has always resulted in flame-baiting and flame wars, regardless of the thread title.

consider this thread ignored.
    Originally posted by raggster
    one would think that after three consecutive threads being shut down because of flaming and flame-baiting, which is obviously the intent of this thread given the title and opening remarks (Christians vs. Catholics; "... let the FIGHT begin!") some people around here would've learned their lesson...

and abugian's right. all of us are Christian, Catholic or Protestant. the thread title itself is very misleading.

ok im considering this as actual debates now.

well RAGGSTER, if thats your belief that catholics are christians too then so be it.

but what is the right term that we should use is, not all catholics are christians. as what i said, i created it that way just to avoid anymore confusions.

personally, i still believe that somehow in the otherhand the reasons why the catholics were called "christians" mainly because their founder was Jesus Christ himself.

but these past hundred of years that religion had been contaminated by the pagans. thats why its hard to say that these days they deserve to be called christians. well again, not all though.

thats why i separated catholics from the christian community.

lastly, i concede that i might have used the wrong term too and misprinted the title of my thread. yes, i should have made it as "Catholics vs Protestants" instead.

but well guys its late i guess unless if Brownpau wouldnt mind to change it for the sake of our catholic brothers..... :D
    Originally posted by raggster
    barakoman, no one is "judging you before we've known you," because a little more than 24 hours ago you were the most active flamer and flame-baiter in this entire forum, narrowly edging out klapowcius.

furthermore, this attitude of your that Catholics must be pitted against Christians (again, a misleading premise) has always resulted in flame-baiting and flame wars, regardless of the thread title.

consider this thread ignored.

brother, stay away from this thread please. you are insulting me again and my thread itself. please i need some respect and i want a new life now.

please dont push me into temptation again so i ask you to stay away nalang para walang gulo. so pls kung manggugulo ka lang muli ay wag kanang maki-join dito, cge ka ikaw rin. alam kong hindi ka maka-resist tuwing nakakakita ka nang atake sa religion mo....

so pls raggster? wag na tayong magaway pa ulit? ang totoong kristyano ay umiiwas sa gulo, ok? kaya kung gusto mo nang mas matino nang debate, so pls behave like a dog.

at alam kong ayaw mo lang ng dinidebate kayo dahil wala naman kayong maisabi rin. kaya nga masgusto ko yung ganitong approach para step by step and one by one we could all cast our questions and answers for the sake of much broader understanding that we may have........

ok *okay* ?
  • freakster2k1freakster2k1 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    barakoman

the issue is quite misleading. christianity vs catholicism. why ?

1. u cannot have a vs of the same concept. forexample eating out vs eating out on a friday nite. so put it this way, u already assume that catholicism is not a christian religion.

1a. if ur pre supposition is such then why ask the Q: u ask, on a christian doctrine what is better: christianity or non-christianity<catholicism> see. based on this, there is no point in continuing this thread unless u rephrase the issue, to (protestant or what ever denomination u r) vs catholicism
    Originally posted by freakster2k1
    barakoman

the issue is quite misleading. christianity vs catholicism. why ?

1. u cannot have a vs of the same concept. forexample eating out vs eating out on a friday nite. so put it this way, u already assume that catholicism is not a christian religion.

1a. if ur pre supposition is such then why ask the Q: u ask, on a christian doctrine what is better: christianity or non-christianity<catholicism> see. based on this, there is no point in continuing this thread unless u rephrase the issue, to (protestant or what ever denomination u r) vs catholicism

well im starting to wonder again why these catholic pexers dont have anything to say now kundi puro nalan gtungkol sa titulo ng thead ko.

ano ba kayo? galit na galit kayo kung kayo ang kinokorek namin tapos ngayung nagbibigay na ako ng opportunity para sa lahat para magkaliwanagan tayong lahat sa bagng debate natin ay mukhang umiiwas nanaman kayo uh?

:nope:

pls wag nyo nang pansinin ang title, hindi yan ang importante dito oh please....... :)
  • brownpaubrownpau Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I'm sorry, but this thread really is a flame war waiting to happen. How many times have I asked that discussions such as this be opened on the scope of specific doctrines and dogmas, rather than the catch-all topic of Protestantism versus Roman Catholicism? Barakoman, with your voluminous posting histry, it should come as no surprise that other members immediately take you to task for suddenly admonishing others "restrain nerves and keep cool heads." It's seen as a pot-kettle-black statement.

Here's what we do: I lock, and we start focusing on specific doctrines: eucharistic interpretations, faith and works, Marian devotion and apparitions, etc., etc. The more specific, the better, but without derailing into the grand Protestant-Romanist debate again, because I've found that's just asking for major trouble. `Kay?
This discussion has been closed.