FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Puro na lang kabadingan.

Puro na lang ba kabadingan tong Family, Friends and Society. Bi and Gay threads are mushrooming here. As of now, if i am not mistaken, there are five threads involving these issues.

I find nothing offensive in the threads for and of Gays and Bis, but i am somewhat concerned that we might turn the whole of this into a one big queer (which is a politically right and supposedly unoffensive term) community. We might push other people to become minorities in a supposedly section which should be full of varieties under PEX.

Uulitin ko lang, i am not against the queer community. In fact, i love gays and bis. Pero mga bro, i hope you understand my point.

However, kung onti na lang talaga nag popost dito eh baka ganon talaga.

Comments

• DarkMisterDarkMister Takot sa Sex PExer
    find nothing offensive in the threads for and of Gays and Bis, but i am somewhat concerned that we might turn the whole of this into a one big queer (which is a politically right and supposedly unoffensive term) community.

You find nothing offensive with these threads and yet you don't want to turn this into a queer community. Is it just me, or are you contradicting your own statement? Because if you truly find nothing wrong with these threads, you wouldn't mind them increasing in number. Or do you?

And, as I can glean from the title of this thread, you have such a strange way of saying you don't mean to offend.
    We might push other people to become minorities in a supposedly section which should be full of varieties under PEX.

What are you talking about? Everyone can post if they want. And if it so happens that we (yes, I am speaking for both the bisexuals and homosexuals whose threads you find nothing offensive) are easy to notice to the point that it occurs to you that we are slowly invading this forum, it is not our fault. What minorities are you referring to? Do you mean us? And yes, the last time I heard, we belong to the minority here and otherwise.
    You can post if you want, as often as you want, so everytime we log in, we have to check the second or third page for our threads. Or are you telling us to stop? Please. Let's not make an issue out of this. We violate no PinoyExchange User Agreement. Let us be.

Peace.
  • bJbJ bbm 2736C4C2 PExer
    Dagat even your title is very suggestive. you did not have to explain your side. its plain and obvious.
  • JohnstonJohnston Thank You For The Love ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Dagat
    Puro na lang ba kabadingan tong Family, Friends and Society. Bi and Gay threads are mushrooming here. As of now, if i am not mistaken, there are five threads involving these issues.

I find nothing offensive in the threads for and of Gays and Bis, but i am somewhat concerned that we might turn the whole of this into a one big queer (which is a politically right and supposedly unoffensive term) community. We might push other people to become minorities in a supposedly section which should be full of varieties under PEX.

Uulitin ko lang, i am not against the queer community. In fact, i love gays and bis. Pero mga bro, i hope you understand my point.

However, kung onti na lang talaga nag popost dito eh baka ganon talaga.

What do you want us to think? And besides, only five threads of bis' and gays' are here. There are a lot of threads for you straight people. Kung tatanggalin ang mga threads for bi/gay people or the like, sign of discrimination 'yun. Bisexual/gay people here are just posting their sentiments. No more, no less. Huwag na lang ninyo pansinin ang mga threads namin. Many people are against you, most probably.
  • LordMyxLordMyx unzip me PExer
    There was once a thread created in this forum suggesting that an entirely new forum be created for LGBT communities. Back then I thought that the thread's creator is just narrow minded and homophobic.

But because of what you have said, Dagat, I guess I now agree with him. It's better to have a seperate forum for LGBT people so that those homophobics will surely not see "offensive" threads coz they will not go to that forum in the first place.

With regards to the number of these kind of threads rising, who's to blame? We can not discuss everything that is gay and everything that is bi in just one thread. We have to talk about a lot of things like coming out, relationships, and others (and yes, that includes sexuality). You can not limit that into just one or two threads.

Ever wondered why mabenta ang mga thread na ganito? Because we have to squeeze a lot of issues into very general thread titles like Straight Natured Gay Men and Bisexual Pexers Unite. We don't have the courage to open threads with titles like How did you come out?, How safe are you?, Do your parents(or girlfriend) know?, Same Sex Couples Living In and a lot others worthy of discussion because we are sensitive enough not drive others into minority.
  • JohnstonJohnston Thank You For The Love ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by LordMyx
    There was once a thread created in this forum suggesting that an entirely new forum be created for LGBT communities. Back then I thought that the thread's creator is just narrow minded and homophobic.

But because of what you have said, Dagat, I guess I now agree with him. It's better to have a seperate forum for LGBT people so that those homophobics will surely not see "offensive" threads coz they will not go to that forum in the first place.

With regards to the number of these kind of threads rising, who's to blame? We can not discuss everything that is gay and everything that is bi in just one thread. We have to talk about a lot of things like coming out, relationships, and others (and yes, that includes sexuality). You can not limit that into just one or two threads.

Ever wondered why mabenta ang mga thread na ganito? Because we have to squeeze a lot of issues into very general thread titles like Straight Natured Gay Men and Bisexual Pexers Unite. We don't have the courage to open threads with titles like How did you come out?, How safe are you?, Do your parents(or girlfriend) know?, Same Sex Couples Living In and a lot others worthy of discussion because we are sensitive enough not drive others into minority.

I agree with you. It should have a separate forum for the bi and gay people here.

:)
  • sasiemaysasiemay Beauty and Brain.. PExer
    I see no problem with that...and so what would you like to talk about ba?..pagpasensyahan mo na cla...take care!:rolleyes:
  • RoyalAssassinRoyalAssassin Inculpated CradleSnatcher PExer
    'yaan na lang natin sila. hindi naman nila tayo ginugulo eh.
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Member PExer
    In the last 20 days, there are about 5 pages of threads, or about 150 separate threads here which discuss very diverse topics. Why single out the gay threads? I mean, why conclude or say "puro na lang kabadingan"? What's 5 divided by 150? That's even less than 4% of the total number of threads here.
    Queer -

1. Deviating from the expected or normal; strange: a queer situation
    2. Odd or unconventional, as in behavior; eccentric; strange
    3. Of a questionable nature or character; suspicious.
    4. (Slang) Fake; counterfeit. Feeling slightly ill; queasy.
    5. (Offensive Slang) Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual person.

A sizable percentage of people to whom this term might apply still hold queer to be a hateful insult, and its use by heterosexuals is often considered offensive. Extreme caution must be taken concerning their use when one is not a member of the group.

Originally posted by Dagat
    i am somewhat concerned that we might turn the whole of this into a one big queer (which is a politically right and supposedly unoffensive term) community.
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA Abusayafsucks! PExer
    Originally posted by RoyalAssassin
    'yaan na lang natin sila. hindi naman nila tayo ginugulo eh.
    ]
    Tama. Let us respect them.Kahit nakukulitan ako sa mga bading may kaibigan din kasi ako na mga bading.
  • bJbJ bbm 2736C4C2 PExer
    besides, each one has his own right of posting here. you can choose what thread to post. :argue::argue::argue:
  • BabyFATSBabyFATS Every Body's Buddy PExer
    Live and let live. *okay*
  • rains_delightrains_delight Banned by Admin PExer
    I dont find something abrasive in those threads. Besides, reality among homosexuals and bi's are being said.

They are brave enough to say their sexual preference.
  • Yup, we've the freedom to post whatever threads we want to post so long as we follow the rules and regulations of PEx. :spectator:

I don't find anything offensive in threads about gays and bis because it's reality. They exist and we've got to accept that fact. I find a lot of other threads here which are not about sexual preferences.... so if you're up to that, then just answer those you feel you wanna answer. Those who would like to answer threads about gays and bis, let them do so. We're all free to choose what we want to read and what we want to answer here. And may I also suggest that we don't get judgmental until we meet and get to know the real person. :life:
  • DagatDagat Member PExer
    SUKO NA AKO.

Naiintindihan ko naman kayong lahat ok. Nagtatanong lang. No need to get mad at me ok.

I sure did receive a good spanking here. Mwehehehehehehe.

Peace na ok.
    Dagat *okay*

Hey, you can drop by our threads anytime. You might want to browse through the pages, just to 'enlighten' you on our lifestyle. It's very harmless, trust me. :sunnysmile:

Peace!
  • RoyalAssassinRoyalAssassin Inculpated CradleSnatcher PExer
    sali ako, pwede?

... joke lang. :lol:

sorry, no offense. it's just not my cup o' tea. :D
  • :?:? Unregistered ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by BabyFATS
    Live and let live. *okay*

WRONG. It's Live and Let Die - by Guns and Roses
  • Econ_majorEcon_major Working Fella PExer
    duh ! as if !!!

lemme just say it to you once. what's the thing about being "queer". i think that queer applies to people who are weird. you cannot say that fellow bisexuals and even homosexuals are queer because it is a fact that we exist especially in this modern and liberated world. you cannot impose to us to become straight coz you are not experiecing what we are experiencing. its not like we choose to become bisexuals, it is what we became. i

sorry kung medyo naaway kita pero watch mo kasi ung paggamit mo ng terms kasi nakaka-offend ka sa ibang mga tao dude !

peace !
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Hi Dagat,

Thank you for bringing this up. I understand your point, but I think that you wouldn't have gotten a lot of negative responses if you used other phrases and words.

You mentioned that there are five threads here talking about issues related to being gay. I assume that you're talking about the front page? Please note that there are 40 threads on the front page. Five out of 40 isn't that bad.

I don't think gays in general are "queer". Yes there are queer gays out there, just as there are there are queer heterosexuals.

I think Dagat gets the point already, so I'll just close this thread. Don't be too harsh on him. :)
This discussion has been closed.