Dead Poet Society

what can you say about this line from the film dead poet society?..."TWO ROADS DIVERSE IN A WOOD, AND I TOOK THE ONE LESS TRAVELLED BY AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE...":rolleyes:

Comments

• _candies__candies_ Gryffindor PExer
    "oh captain.. my captain" :hear:

fave movie to ng ate ko nung bata pa ko. na- memorize ko na yata yung buong film sa kakapanood nya. :see:

cute si ethan hawke sa movie! *okay*
  • supergirlherosupergirlhero Obsessed Arrow PExer
    Carpe diem!

Anyways, about the quote...its just saying that we shouldn't always follow the status quo...sometimes, not being "normal" is the bravest thing to do :D
  • SamadhiSamadhi Registered User PExer
    actually it tells of "seizing the day", which means living life to the fullest.

carpe diem: seize the day. gather rosebuds while ye may.

i love the movie. it is one of the few movies that have made me cry.
  • pSeUdO_bLuEpSeUdO_bLuE Legally Insane PExer
    i fell in love with Robbie Williams...grabe...

:drive:

:flamer:
  • tequilapjtequilapj nobody can eat 50 eggs PExer
    Robin Williams: Funny, I never figured you for a cynic...

Teacher dude: Not a cynic, more like...a realist...Show me a man unfettered by foolish dreams, and i'll show you a happy man.

Robin Williams: Ahh, but only in their dreams can men be truly free. T'was always thus and thus it will always be.

that's one of my favorite quotes in one of my favorite films of all time.

*okay*:moviebuff:
  • with_a_Kwith_a_K K. Frost PExer
    The dead poets were dedicated to sucking the marrow out of life...

A great, great movie.
    there's this one Friends episode... i think The One with the fake Monica. It poked fun at DPS. One character (the fake Monica) told Monica that her life-changing moment was when she watched Dead Poets Society. Struck, Monica asked the Fake One why. She said something like, "For two hours, I watched this film... and it was... so... BORING!!!! I can't believe I just wasted two hours of my life with that piece of crap. Where can you find a promising young boy killing himself just because he can't join the play? For heaven's sake join the community theater!!!" Monica, was naturally dumbfounded. The fake Monica continued, 'From that moment on, I resolved not to waste another two hours, another hour, another second of my life." :D

Hehehehehe! The spoof really tickled my funny bone! It just seemed so paradoxically... CUTE! So true yet so wrong.

I really love the film (not because it bored me but because it made me feel good about life and myself). I have seen it three times and in those three occasions, pebbles of tears streamed down my face.

Gather rosebuds while ye may! Don't waste another two hours of your life (logging in to Pex). hehehehehe! Joke!
  • nakuponakupo Member PExer
    Well, a superbly chosen cast makes dis movie one of d best chick flicks ever made. Pure genius. There is a character 2 appeal 2 everyone, and another one we can all identify with. And, they r all cute and adorable and vulnerable and dateless! Yeah! it's a fantasy on screen for girls.

The movie is very moving and very well timed. The plot could perhaps be a tad more believeable, but hey, it's fantasy. I *want* to see hot guys lounge around a cave. :myheart:
    hehehehe... but that is not supposed to be the reason why we all love DPS... of course it was our first glimpse of Uma Thurman's husband... hehehehe.
  • vidavida Member PExer
    originally posted by nakupo

Well, a superbly chosen cast makes dis movie one of d best chick flicks ever made. Pure genius. There is a character 2 appeal 2 everyone, and another one we can all identify with. And, they r all cute and adorable and vulnerable and dateless! Yeah! it's a fantasy on screen for girls.

The movie is very moving and very well timed. The plot could perhaps be a tad more believeable, but hey, it's fantasy. I *want* to see hot guys lounge around a cave.

Agreed! :heartful:
  • Isa918Isa918 Sooobra Graaabe PExer
    I really like this movie. Aside from the HOT guys, I really liked the story. But my favorite part of the movie is when Knox(played by the adorable Josh Charles) went to Chris' (the cheerleader) hs and made a fool of himself...hehhehehe Anything for love right? :)
  • unbeingunbeing typical PExer
    hi guys jus wana ask if u hav any idea wer i can buy a copy of dis, wether vcd or vhs? tnx
  • biachbiach *arschloch* PExer
    Originally posted by cupcakes
    what can you say about this line from the film dead poet society?..."TWO ROADS DIVERSE IN A WOOD, AND I TOOK THE ONE LESS TRAVELLED BY AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE...":rolleyes:
    it just means that one chooses what he/she thinks is right not what the "flow" says.It tells us to learn to go with what we think is right not what the stereotypical tells us:vale:
  • creme_bruleecreme_brulee Member PExer
    what can you say about this line from the film dead poet ""TWO ROADS DIVERSE IN A WOOD, AND I TOOK THE ONE LESS TRAVELED BY AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE."

Hey! These lines are very memorable to me. Why? Coz these words were written in a letter given to me by a girl that i courted. But, It did'nt worked out. :hopeless:

Anyway, I still love her in my HEART!!!!!!!! :love:
  • nakuponakupo Member PExer
    originally posted by creme_brulee

what can you say about this line from the film dead poet ""TWO ROADS DIVERSE IN A WOOD, AND I TOOK THE ONE LESS TRAVELED BY AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE."

Hey! These lines are very memorable to me. Why? Coz these words were written in a letter given to me by a girl that i courted. But, It did'nt worked out.

Anyway, I still love her in my HEART!!!!!!!!

We are on a journey in this life. If we look back a week, a month, a year, 5 years, 10 years, we look different, we feel different. We r different. Some of us hv learned things by doing d "right things". Some of us, most of us, I suspect have learned through big mistakes. But what is amazing when we actually sit and reflect on life, we realize that life is about a series of choices-some big, some small. Some of the choices seems big, but hv little effect, while some seem small but are monumental turning points in our lives-and as the lines says-those decisions make all the difference.

So while we journey we make choices. :beauty:
  • nek_02nek_02 Member PExer
    love that movie. i remember this line: "sucking the marrow out of life does not mean choking the bone."

the road not taken
    by robert frost

two roads diverged in a yellow wood.
    and sorry i could not have travelled both
    and be one traveller, long i stood
    and looked down as far i could
    to where it bent in the undergrowth.

then, took the other, as just fair,
    and having perhaps the better claim,
    because it was grassy and wanted wear
    though as for the passing there
    had worn them really about the same.

and both that morning equally lay
    in leaves no step had trodden black
    oh, i kept the first for another day!
    yet, knowing how it may lead on to the way.
    i doubted if i should ever come back.

i shall be telling this with a sigh
    somewhere ages and ages hence:
    two roads diverged in a wood and i---
    i took the one less travelled by,
    and that has made all the difference.

:)
  • neptuneneptune 8th rock from the sun PExer
    well...we discussed Frost's The Road Not Taken in our literature class and here's what i've written down in our yahoo groups...(my critique of the poem)

The forked road can symbolize the decisions we make in our lives.
    There comes a point in our lives when we have to make a "big
    decision", like for example, what college/university we will go to or what careers are we going to pursue. Of course, there are a myriad of choices, but the hardest part is choosing only one. Our choice may or may not be the one that is best for us or what suits because sometimes, the decisions we make are influenced by other factors such as peer pressure, financial problems or society's norms. The persona/speaker sighs at the end of the poem probably because of relief and regret. Relief, because the personal/speaker has justified that he has made the right decision or choice, whether or not the society approves or disproves it. Regret, because he has traveled a road full of pain or problems. Here, the persona has fulfilled or achieved what he wants to achieve by making that decision.He feels fulfilled for he has surpassed the problems regarding the decision he made.Even though he was having second thoughts for taking this road, he still feels he is a winner because he made it through the "course of the road":

"Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should
    ever come back...I took the one less traveled by, and that
    has made the difference."

In this poem, freedom is limited because we don't know if our freedom (to choose) will work for us.Our decisions may not turn out the way we planned them to be.Freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. And every decision we make is a responsibility. Although we have the freedom to choose, still, sometimes, we choose things that are not only good for us but also for the good of other people.
  • neptuneneptune 8th rock from the sun PExer
    "I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life, and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Throeau
  • *keyah**keyah* On My Side Still PExer
    I'm so desperately in search for a VCD or DVD copy of this movie.
    Please PM me if you know where I could get one. Thanks!

One of my mottos in life: Carpe Diem

*okay*
  • nek_02nek_02 Member PExer
    Originally posted by neptune
    "I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life, and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Throeau

i've been looking for the author of this one, thank u for posting this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file