COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The JOY of being alone...

Being alone, is it
...no more worrying (for someone)
...living freely (more freely)?

tell me...:)

Comments

• zen_gzen_g Member PExer
    i always believed that i would be a lot happier being alone, but doubt started after last night ....... ang hirap malayo sa nanay pala .......
  • E-pleasuresE-pleasures Member PExer
    being alone for me is seasonal...situations trigger the need to be alone...but in the end i always just find myself yearning for someone...

would it be happier kaya if we guys just like live alone forever?????? well in the aspect of loving someone...wala lang...so that no one will get hurt and suffer the pain of loving someone who could never be yours...or loving someone and lost it in the end?!? just a thought...

i guess everything takes and has its own sweet time...:imu:
  • H_ieLH_ieL Member PExer
    being ALONE is knowing yourself better...
    sometimes i tend to be a loner when problems rise up...
    i find consolation with being ALONE...
    when you're ALONE, you don't need to be a 'someone'
    just be "yourself" to yourself...
    its reality!

am i talking with sense?!

i guess am just sleepy...

but hey, my mind is awake! hehehe... :)
  • AdonaiAdonai This is FALSE..... PExer
    Okay lang.. Masarap din. Nabibigyan ko ng pansin sarili ko. Nakakusap ko sarili ko. Marami akong nari-realize na bagay. :)

Ay. Introvert daw ako sabi ng mga psych tests ko. :)
  • Aina24Aina24 Member PExer
    Its best to be alone so you can focus on your GROWTH. Enjoy your freedom. Do everything you want to get into. Be the best of what you can be, be independent and then ... you'll be ready to be with SOMEBODY.
  • tAdtAd movin' on PExer
    >There are myriads of advantages and disadvantages of living alone and the person's personality is always a thing to consider. There are people who can't stand being alone for a long period of time and there are also who can't stand with the number of people around them for a longer period of time.
    >Viewing from the vantage point of experience, i think it teached me and still is, a lot of things in life. Aside from nothin moves unless moved by me, i feel in control of things and myself in that limited invironment. It thought me the significance of privacy and being able to draw the line between your public self and the "self" of yourself....sounds like a vicissitudes of the I.
    >Other consolations are, well, the place will look exactly the same as how you left them. you can walk around naked anytime you want. no one's gonna eat the cake in your fridge or touch your toothpaste. you can play your kind of music with out having anybody to criticize you for it.
    >The downsides are, when you're sick it becomes like hell (the more...), having nobody to pick up your mess and you pay all the bills..hahahahah
  • Sally_SheerzSally_Sheerz Lux Gloriana PExer
    Unless a person deliberately chose to be alone, there's no such thing as joy in it. People who find happiness in being alone are those who are NOT. The people who are truly alone- they didn't choose to be alone.
  • FishFish Member PExer
    The house is empty. It's Saturday. No sounds. No other people. You have a fleeting memory of good times spending weekends with someone you loved. But on this day you're alone. You pick up the phone -- but who do you call? What are you going to say? You are alone today -- like you were last night, like you will be tomorrow.

Gibran, the great poet says, "A tree cannot grow in the shade of another. Therefore let there be spaces in your togetherness." Without aloneness, closeness can begin to feel smothering.

Aloneness is a gift. Many people are searching for ways to create down time in their hectic lives. It can be a time of getting back to your Self, of re-centering, of coming home to your own life. Most sacred traditions, Eastern, Western, and Native recognize the need we have for this time. A person who cannot have an hour for him/herself a day, is not really a person.

So the first step is to create a space for the gift of aloneness. Think first about what you can do with this time and space. Is it time to read, to meditate, to play with the computer, to go walking -- or just to relax in your favorite spot? How would you like to use this alone time?

You may plan an activity in that alone time. If you are caught up in doing, doing, doing, I would encourage you to plan some time just to be - to relax -- and not feel like you have to fill it with some activity in order to make the most of it. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing you can do.
  • CirqueCirque .0. PExer
    being alone is liberating. i have more time for myself.

i can choose to do what i want to do and when i want to.

im independent.

not everyone is strong enough to stand alone.
  • levi19levi19 the cute chemist PExer
    being alone is a gift...

a gift that other people don't like...

a gift that they rather reject...

being along is a blessing...

a blessing that keeps you attached to your senses...

a blessing to knwo yourself more...

a blessing that you can stand Independent...

being alone is being strong...

being confident...

being YOU...

being alone is a gift, a blessing, a strength and because...

its YOU...
  • rampagerampage reinventing eve PExer
    I POSTED THIS IN THE OTHER THREAD ABOUT BEING ALONE. AND THEN I REALIZED THAT IT BELONGS IN THIS THREAD TOO.

There’s always an alibi for loneliness. Man's favorite is being alone. Why are we so afraid to be alone? Are we afraid of what we might discover about ourselves when we are free from the penetrating observation of other people?

Its almost as if we are forever trying to justify why were on the downside, why were so beaten and blue and weary, why were unable to maintain an optimistic cheerfulness around us.

We equate solitude to loneliness, we use our isolation from the maddening crowd as our scapegoat, and we eventually come to resent everything that has led to our situation. So we become this impenetrable person, like a steep, thick wall begging to be climbed, yet keeping even the brave at bay.

I have no problems being alone.

I love my own company.

I am probably the only person in the world who can stand my company for indefinite stretches of time. Being alone allows me to be myself, without having to consider if being me is harmful or irritating or disturbing to other people. Being alone allows me to talk to and scold and criticize and praise and berate and convince and assess myself, at my own pace- on my own terms.

Loneliness is not necessarily born out of being alone. The loneliest feeling is when you’re in a crowd, surrounded by the multitudes, and still standing by yourself against something nobody else could see.
  • Eugene HikaruEugene Hikaru THE GAME! PExer
    Walang magsasabing weirdo ka kung gusto mo mag-isa (e hindi ka naman talaga loner in nature).....
  • ^PoloBOY^PoloBOY Member PExer
    no one really is alone in life, for if he/she was, then there would be no joy in that life whatsoever.. for me the joy in being alone would be in every momentary loneliness.

Seclusion and isolation from the everyday hectics of daily life, that would be good for the soul. It makes you ponder upon things and life in general.
  • tAdtAd movin' on PExer
    Originally posted by Fish
    The house is empty. It's Saturday. No sounds. No other people. You have a fleeting memory of good times spending weekends with someone you loved. But on this day you're alone. You pick up the phone -- but who do you call? What are you going to say? You are alone today -- like you were last night, like you will be tomorrow.

Gibran, the great poet says, "A tree cannot grow in the shade of another. Therefore let there be spaces in your togetherness." Without aloneness, closeness can begin to feel smothering.

Aloneness is a gift. Many people are searching for ways to create down time in their hectic lives. It can be a time of getting back to your Self, of re-centering, of coming home to your own life. Most sacred traditions, Eastern, Western, and Native recognize the need we have for this time. A person who cannot have an hour for him/herself a day, is not really a person.

So the first step is to create a space for the gift of aloneness. Think first about what you can do with this time and space. Is it time to read, to meditate, to play with the computer, to go walking -- or just to relax in your favorite spot? How would you like to use this alone time?

You may plan an activity in that alone time. If you are caught up in doing, doing, doing, I would encourage you to plan some time just to be - to relax -- and not feel like you have to fill it with some activity in order to make the most of it. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing you can do.

dude! i can see you have your share of hermitical way of living life. way to go monk. kahlil gibran rocks!!!THE PROPHET is a blast. reading it is as good as having an orgasm.
  • FishFish Member PExer
    Originally posted by tAd

dude! i can see you have your share of hermitical way of living life. way to go monk. kahlil gibran rocks!!!THE PROPHET is a blast. reading it is as good as having an orgasm.

Monk? Hahaha. Thanks, seminarian.
  • mintymalonemintymalone The dynamite PExer
    I like being alone. It's a time for me to reflect and think about the things happening in my life.
  • Sally_SheerzSally_Sheerz Lux Gloriana PExer
    Originally posted by tAd

depends on the kind of orgasms you've had.
  • britsterbritster Member PExer
    with the world moving in a very fast paced, time out for reflections seem to be the least priority for most people... i think this is where our problems lie most of the time... our thinking and actions, and even our feelings, tend to become directed to and influenced by other people. the effect being we cannot be ourselves anymore..

but try to reflect some, appreciate ourselves more, and see our uniqueness to the fullest....i trust the rewards will be great... smile!!
  • tAdtAd movin' on PExer
    Originally posted by Sally_Sheerz

depends on the kind of orgasms you've had.

whatever kind it was lets not go there.
  • tAdtAd movin' on PExer
    Originally posted by Fish

Monk? Hahaha. Thanks, seminarian.

appearance wise? you look more like it.....hahahahaha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file