Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Technical Writers wanted

I heard ASUS Taiwan is looking for technical writers. Pinoy raw ang preferred -- Pinoy ang HR, and iba rin talaga ang work ethic ng Pinoy

Comments

• They also probably love the way the Pinoys say ASUS! :D
  • Sigurado ako mey kinalaman sa lenguaheng Ingles yan. :D

Pero hindi nakakabilib, nakakahinayang!
  • Originally posted by caporegime
    Sigurado ako mey kinalaman sa lenguaheng Ingles yan. :D

Pero hindi nakakabilib, nakakahinayang!

Bakit naman?
  • There was a time I had the impression that ALL companies in Taiwan went to a same, single agency for all their English translation needs, for use in their product manuals, tech docs etc. Mey pinagkapareho kasi ang grammatical errors, and they're the worst I've seen.

But, how come they're sellin' and we aren't? We should be writing tech literature for our own stuff instead.
  • Technical writing is a service. You can also view it as a product itself. Remember, you can only write stuff if there is something to write about. So there is nothing wrong with writing for a Taiwanese company.

Some Taiwanese companies outsource their manuals, others maintain their own documentation departments. In our company's Taiwan office (not ASUS), there are three writers: two Filipinos (I included), and a Canadian. We also have other writers in the Philippines and US.

Why they sell and we don't has nothing to do with tech writing.
    Its like blaming a gasoline boy for selling non-Filipino petroleum.

This is a job opportunity people -- lets keep things in perspective.
  • Originally posted by Adroth
    Why they sell and we don't has nothing to do with tech writing.
    Its like blaming a gasoline boy for selling non-Filipino petroleum.
    Yes you're right, it doesn't (Taiwan did sell notwithstanding the broken English) and I'm not really blaming anyone. I'm just reminding peeps we Filipinos could have had the EDGE here.

Well, keep up the good work. I'm just hoping we'll have more of our own somethings to write tech docs for.

You may consider that as a challenge. :)
  • Originally posted by caporegime

Yes you're right, it doesn't (Taiwan did sell notwithstanding the broken English) and I'm not really blaming anyone. I'm just reminding peeps we Filipinos could have had the EDGE here.

Well, keep up the good work. I'm just hoping we'll have more of our own somethings to write tech docs for.

You may consider that as a challenge. :)

That's why I write about tech writing -- its a product in itself. :)
  • Hi! I'm a writer and currently looking for job.

Could you send me a PM about this technical writing job? Thanks! :)
  • Originally posted by Sung Empress
    Hi! I'm a writer and currently looking for job.

Could you send me a PM about this technical writing job? Thanks! :)

Been getting a number of PMs about this, so might as well provide the link:

http://www.asus.com.tw/inside/employment.htm

The email address it at the bottom of the page.

A friend of mine got wind of it here. He didn't like it because it was too far from where he lived (close by Manila standards though, still in Taipei), so I believe it is still open.
  • Our company is also looking for a technical writer. For an overview of our company and our products & services, please visit our Web site at:

http://www.telic.net

Please send inquiries to [email protected]. Please attach your resumé and, if possible, a sample of your work.

Please make your attachments text or MS Word format, and make sure all attachments don't exceed 200KB in size.

Thanks.
  • Are there no writing jobs for non technical writers like me?
  • are there no writing jobs for non technical writers like me?:rolleyes:
  • are there no writing jobs for non technical writers like me?:rolleyes:
  • oops sorry tripple post na gnawa ko ah.:D
  • Originally posted by lukaret
    oops sorry tripple post na gnawa ko ah.:D

Why do you say that you are a "non-technical" writer?
  • Originally posted by Adroth

Why do you say that you are a "non-technical" writer?

I mean that I'm not quite that literate in I.T. and stuff.