Home PEx Chat Small Talk

The Problem with EBs OR why EBs fail....

Let's make a list. I'll start.

... you only have the first 10 to 15 minutes (or less?) to make a good impression. (What if you're having a bad day say because of your monthly period, like it's your first day, but couldn't back out at the last minute so there you are anyway.)

Comments

• expect too much from the other party ;)
  • well, siguro kung ang person (that you would be meeting) tells you alot of stuffs not even true ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!
    it happened to me alot of times
  • ...people don't have the same spunk and verve that they do when chatting.

They may seem so lively and funny during those faceless conversations, but once you've met face to face, you discover that he/she and you are both boring people.
  • pag super quiet ka lang during eb's shempre nothing good would come, out of that. tsaka if lahat ng sinasabi mo in pex eh puro pretend lang shempre you wouldn't feel at home kasi you are afraid na malaman nila that you were just lying and stuff like that.

Well, ive been to a couple of eb's and puro okay naman yung outcome . Fun nga eh
  • yup.. it is fun.. as long as you are yourself.
    for me, I am the same on the net and irl...
    so there really is no difference.

hmm now Ijust hope nobody here remembers the things I did in the ebs.. :lol:
  • what would make you say that an eb is a failure? just wonderin'.
  • Rule # 1 ... Don't expect too much
    Rule # 2 ... Communication is the key

I haven't thought of other rules yet eh ... I'll just post if i think of anything else ... Hehe ;)

My 2 cents and not yours ... :)
  • gasolinegasoline PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    if one party suddenly realizes that its not "the person" he/she wants to meet.. or not who you expected.....

:D
  • it fails when you have other agenda aside from having friends .....

:)
  • When the other party has a messed-up schedule (i.e. much unexpected things to happen which might affect the time span of the EB) and thus messing up with your own schedule as well (when you weren't even informed with these unexpected stuff).
  • zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hmm do you mean one-on-one EB's or group EB's?
    the thread starter seems to refer to one-on-one... :|
  • If you're talking of one on one EBs, here's a tip--project who you are before meeting on the 'net so you won't have that problem of making a good first impression in the first 10 or 15 minutes.

And how do you project yourself? In pre-PEx days, I would do it with a website, complete with pictures, biography and articles of interest. In PEx, it's what you post.
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Pag EB kasi dapat magpakatotoo kayo, at wag mag feeling close , wag plastik at higit sa lahat WAG EPAL.
  • EBs fail when you get too choosy of the people you associate yourself with and the venue where it's gonna be held. Keep in find that PEx is for EVERYONE and that you're going to meet people from different walks of life who can be completely different from you. Just be flexible and friendly.
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by KiTTY2babe
    EBs fail when you get too choosy of the people you associate yourself with and the venue where it's gonna be held. Keep in find that PEx is for EVERYONE and that you're going to meet people from different walks of life who can be completely different from you. Just be flexible and friendly.
    *okay* :handsdown:
  • Originally posted by SoliduS_AlphA
    Pag EB kasi dapat magpakatotoo kayo, at wag mag feeling close , wag plastik at higit sa lahat WAG EPAL.

Magpakatotoo at wag plastik, pero wag epal? E pano yun kung feeling niya close na kayo, pero hindi mo naman siya type. Hindi pa ba dapat epalin yun?