Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

What is your LOVE FOOLOSOPHY?

Why do you keep avoiding commitments in these strange times?

Why do you keep a distance from that potential someone? Or is it potential heartbreak?

Why do you keep doing the same mistakes and hurting your special someone?

How do you see yourself in the grand scheme of things about love and commitment?

Do you prefer casual dating than formal ones?

Do you realize that you may have given the wrong signals?

Why keep fooling someone and yourself?

Comments

• Why do you keep avoiding commitments in these strange times?

strange times. define strange times. but for me, generally i avoid commitments lang when im not ready, and when i feel that the commitment is based on a lie or dishonesty and when the commitment wud be hurting other people.

Why do you keep a distance from that potential someone? Or is it potential heartbreak?

you keep a distance either because you know he/she is already happy without you there, or because you know you can never make him/her happy.

because that's what love's really about... about paradoxes and sacrifices

How do you see yourself in the grand scheme of things about love and commitment?

u tell me... :rolleyes:

id rather the casual dating, but formal dates are way ok too. depends on who im dating siguro...

yes. and sometimes, those wrong signals sent are intentional...

because love makes us act like we are fools...
    it's more convenient not to have to think of birthday presents and gifts for christmas, valentine's, holy week, easter, cinco de mayo, independence day, linggo ng wika, and that ever important anniversary and the monthsary too, don't forget

things (and people, for that matter) always seem so perfect when you're looking from a distance. intimacy reveals annoying idiosyncracies, and certain scents you can do without :lol:

what mistakes?

a minute and trivial entity who has not the ability to alter the course of anything, especially not the capacity to contribute to a ruined relationship

casual ones are much more fleeting so you don't have to worry about questions concerning feelings and intimacy and bringing-it-to-the-next-level

constantly. it's the bane of my existence. the way i see it though, i give the right signals and they're just seen the wrong way

but life is far more interesting that way, dontcha think?

:silly: :bop:
  • monicaimonicai PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    What is your LOVE FOOLOSOPHY?

i've been far too jaded.

maybe perhaps waiting for the right timing for everything to fall into place. Heartbreaks only happens to things that are not meant to be.

depends on the kind of mistake. If that mistake is out of love, i'm glad to do that mistake over and over again but then I have to pay the price of getting hurt and getting someone else hurt. I'd rather take the temporal exhiliration of joy and bliss than regret not doing it at all.

selfishly idealistic.....I have to say.....

formal. casual is far too.....tiring.

yup...always and countless times been blamed for it. I just simply say that it's the way I am.

I guess it's out of love......that we make us such fools.

:imu:
  • Originally posted by AltarBoy^_^

and why are you asking these things?

:jbravo:
    I'm idealistic to the point of being unrealistic, at the same time, disenchanted, disillusioned, cynical and jaded. Plus, I've hurt too many people too many times.

Because, I don't think it'll last. Same as the others that didn't last.

Good question.

Love? WTF is that?

It's something that I long for -- that everybody longs for. I just think I'm incapable of it.

I don't 'date'.

Especially not in the formal sense. "Casual" ahermhrrm, yeah.

Sometimes.

Which is why I don't 'date'.

CAUSE I COULD NEVER COMMIT MYSELF TO SOMEBODY I DO NOT COMPLETELY LOVE. SINCE I HAVEN'T FOUND ANYONE THAT I SO ABSOLUTELY LOVE, I HAVE NO BUSINESS TRYING TO PROMISE ANYBODY ANYTHING. EVEN THE BEST EFFORTS WOULD THEN BE FUTILE.

I KEEP MY DISTANCE FROM SOMEBODY I FEEL FOR BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT US TO DESTROY EACH OTHER. I ONLY GIVE IN WHEN THERE IS NO HOPE OF RUNNING AWAY ANYMORE, FOR I AM IN TOO DEEP.

I ALSO KEEP MY DISTANCE WHEN I'M NOT WANTED- DUH! :lol:

I HAVE NO IDEA. BUT I THINK IT'S THE TRUE TEST OF FINDING THE ONE. SEE, MR. RIGHT WOULD BE THAT GUY I WOULD NEVER DELIBERATLEY DO ANYTHING TO HURT, BUT HE IS ALSO THE GUY WHO WOULD PUT UP WITH ALL THE DIFFICULTIES OF BEING WITH ME.

I SEE MYSELF AS MY OWN VICTIM, SAVORING EVERY HEARTBREAK SIMPLY BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL HUMAN.

I DON'T EXACTLY DATE. I FIND SOMEBODY I LIKE AND HANG OUT WITH HIM. ONE OF THESE DAYS YOU'D BOTH FIND SOMETHING WORTH LOOKING INTO. IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOU BECOME FRIENDS.

IF YOU DON'T BECOME FRIENDS, WHO CARES? YOU NEVER PROMISED EACH OTHER ANYTHING ANYWAY.

I ALWAYS END UP GIVING THE WRONG SIGNALS. ESPECIALLY TO IDIOTS WHO MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING. BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

IM GOING TO TAKE "FOOLING" IN THE CONTEXT OF PLAYING GAMES.

DEALING IN MIND GAMES IS AN EASIER THING TO HANDLE THAN ACTUALLY FALLING IN LOVE. MIND GAMES I CAN TERMINATE AT WILL WHEN I GET BORED.

FALLING IN LOVE I CANNOT UNDO, EVEN IF IT'S BECOMING INCREASINGLY BAD FOR MY SYSTEM.:lol:
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Libog lang yan.

Hi there! this question is not applicable to me but then again, i join you in asking this stinger to all guys out there who can't commit and offer security to the one special person in their lives.

maybe, (see, im trying to make guesswork here,) these guys don't think the can keep up with their partner's expectations. but duh? nobody can perfectly keep up with a lover's expectations. all of us seem insufficient for our loved ones but its the magic that will keep the relationship together :)

why? because you're afraid you'll fall so hard for that wonderful person. relationships flourish and fell aprt, every soul knows that, you just have to make the best out the gap in between.

that's because you don't communicate you're feelings well, if someone is so dear to you, then go for it and tell her or better yet, tell the whole world. don't lie. trust. and respect. Allow yourself to make mistakes coz everybody does, the biggest though is not trying to do something about it when you already knew that you have to do something :(

I see myself hurting most of the time because i love and commit. I dont play and collect.

Casual dating is fine for couples and lovers, the formal ones should be left for special occassions.

Sometimes. but like jokes, they are half-meant :cool: How bout you altar boy , how many times do you give out wrong signals? or have you?

Because you're afraid. you're a coward and you're a chicken. May sound harsh but it is true. we keep fooling ourselves because we don't want to get hurt, we are afraid that other people may see through us, and this make us fragile and weak. we all hate to look weak.

;););)

...the last time I committed...it made my heart torn into pieces

...that is my problem, I cannot keep a distance from a potential heartbreak!:bonkself:

...I've only hurt one person and I swear not to do that again.

...I always fall in love at the wrong time, with the wrong person. But that doesn't change my perception about love. Commitment? hmm...most of the people are afraid of it I guess,

Before, casual dating is fine with me. Formal dating is much safer nowadays. Or is it the other way around?

Sometimes.

...because you LOVE.

I DON'T. I JUST HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE I LOVE ENOUGH TO MAKE ME WANT TO COMMIT, AND ACTUALLY WORK MY BUTT OFF TO KEEP THAT COMMITMENT. OTHERWISE, IT JUST WON'T WORK.

TO SAVE MYSELF. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S PAINFULLY OBVIOUS THAT WHAT IM HAVING IS A UNILATERAL DELUSION.

THIS QUESTION GOT ME STUMPED.

I'VE FALLEN IN-LOVE ONLY ONCE, AND IM NOT EVEN SURE IF THAT WAS REAL, OR JUST A DELUSION.

SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME MY EMOTIONS ARE LIKE SPECTACULAR FIREBALLS WHICH EXPLODE LIKE CRAZY, AND THEN IN A MINUTE, THEY'RE GONE.

THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE HE MIGHT BE RIGHT.

I'VE NEVER REALLY "DATED".

ALWAYS. THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY MORONS IN THE WORLD.

SOMETIMES BECAUSE IT'S FUN. I KNOW, CRUCIFY ME. :lol:

:spinstar:
  • AltarBoy^_^AltarBoy^_^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Snape

and why are you asking these things?

Sometimes, its better that you hear different points of view about these things when you can't answer them by yourself. Or maybe I'm just fooling you and myself. :smokin:
  • high ka na naman ba???..:lol::D
    i haven't had any commitments to anybody probably because that person who deserves it hasn't arrived yet. when you commit ksi, you have to give your 100%. hindi naman sa kung sino-sino na lang yun di ba?

unless i'm a 100% sure na the feeling is mutual, i will always set a wall b/w us.

ksi you're not perfect. you can't change overnight.

lalim naman nito pare....ewan ko pero ako, parang gusto ko na magkaroon ng S.O yet m still having second thoughts on committing. nlabo 'no?

yep. no strings attached.

yep. at ang pangit dun baka umasa sha sa wala. aba, ala akong kasalanan dun ah.

defense mechanism mo lang yan. ksi nga ayaw mo masaktan.

Sometimes, its better that you hear different points of view about these things when you can't answer them by yourself. Or maybe I'm just fooling you and myself. :smokin:

I know that pare, pero ang mananaig pa rin sa'yo ang decision at feelings mo. I can say that i've been there, done that. Sana lang lahat ng tao ma-realize na dapat magpakatotoo sila sa mga nararamdaman nila dahil malay natin, huli na pala ang lahat. Nasa huli ang pagsisisi. Tulad ko ngayon.
    goodluck sa'ting lahat.

-because commitments control your life in a certain way. and i don't want anything to control me,what i wanna do, and what would become of me

-because i have experienced hurt..and dint exactly like the feeling. And so, i wouldn't want to get hurt all over again

-maybe because that's what my loved ones are doing to me too and i'm just trying to rebel....

-i have always tried to find someone to love and to commit to for all eternity but i realized that , i shouldn't try to find love but instead Love should come and find me

-casual... definitely. i'm not into the dress up kind of dating

-sometimes

-because that's just the way it is

I know that pare, pero ang mananaig pa rin sa'yo ang decision at feelings mo. I can say that i've been there, done that. Sana lang lahat ng tao ma-realize na dapat magpakatotoo sila sa mga nararamdaman nila dahil malay natin, huli na pala ang lahat. Nasa huli ang pagsisisi. Tulad ko ngayon.
    goodluck sa'ting lahat.

The idea of love foolosophy stems from the experiences we had in the past that made us colder, if not wiser.

Hindi pa naman magiging huli ang lahat talaga kung pinili nating magmahal ng tunay pero ang hapdi sa puso ay mananaig pa rin sa isipan. Sana nga eh maliwanagan ang lahat sa mga problema nila dito.
    Originally posted by sidea_jg
    high ka na naman ba???..:lol::D

Heto isang stick!:smoker: :evil_lol:

The idea of love foolosophy stems from the experiences we had in the past that made us colder, if not wiser.

Hindi pa naman magiging huli ang lahat talaga kung pinili nating magmahal ng tunay pero ang hapdi sa puso ay mananaig pa rin sa isipan. Sana nga eh maliwanagan ang lahat sa mga problema nila dito.

I agree with you. But in my case, huli na ang lahat. Pinakawalan ko na ang babaeng nagmamahal sa'kin ng totoo at tinatanggap ang buong pagkatao ko. Dahil sa pagiging maramot ko, sising-sisi ako ngayon :bonkself:

Me and my selfishness! :(
    i like relationships with no strings attached

fear of being hurt. fear of failure.

Why do you keep doing the same mistakes and hurting your special someone? its a habit. or maybe its a "foolosophy"- hurt them before they can hurt you.

1. i dont think ill ever fall in love
    2. i dont think im ready to commit

casual, its more relaxed...hassle-free

i always do

its a game. just like life's a game

I agree with you. But in my case, huli na ang lahat. Pinakawalan ko na ang babaeng nagmamahal sa'kin ng totoo at tinatanggap ang buong pagkatao ko. Dahil sa pagiging maramot ko, sising-sisi ako ngayon :bonkself:

Me and my selfishness! :(

Hindi pa huli ang lahat. Love Foolosophy is the way! :up: