FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

tama ba na...

RoyalAssassinRoyalAssassin Inculpated CradleSnatcher PExer
tama lang ba na pagtaguan mo ang parents mo ng pera kung gagamitin nila for something _almost_ unimportant, kung ang pag-iipon mo ay for something really important?

Comments

• kartoonistakartoonista Member PExer
    What may seem unimportant to you may be really important to them.

Ano ba yung bibilin nila?
  • rains_delightrains_delight Banned by Admin PExer
    I will ask them how important that thing is?

Sasabihin ko din na pinaghirapan ko yung pera para sa gusto ko.
  • For me, there should be a balance between my love and concern for my parents or family members and of course, my own well-being. Kaya lang, most oftentimes, parents' needs are always important, and if theyhave the courage and the guts to ask from their children, then it must be really important.

Usually, parents ONLY ask when your brother or sister is in trouble and they are not capable of providing the needs of your siblings anymore. Rarely do I encounter requests from parents for "unimportant" things FOR THEM like new clothes or money for their own "gimmicks". Usually, parents ask if your brother or sister has to pay for something important, like tuition fee or medical needs.

So, in case my mom or dad asks money for something which I think is really unimportant, I'd probably think that the real reason for the request may be something more important.

Here's a touching story: When my brother got himself into trouble for being so young and careless, my mom asked him to pay for the expenses SHE PAID initially when my bro got himself a job. My brother paid in cheques (installment) because he was always out of town. When my mom died, we found ALL HIS CHEQUES undeposited (staled and cannot be encashed anymore) in my mom's baul. It means that she never wanted money in the first place, she only wanted my bro to learn something about responsibility.

So, THINK TWICE BFORE YOU CONSIDER THAT SOMETHING "UNIMPORTANT". Parents are wiser than you are, and for now, you may not realize the lessons they are teaching you, but later on you'd regret it if you will not show them your love and respect.

Just a piece of advice..... It's just that I miss my parents so much and I would give up the money I have just to have a glimpse ofthem again.... Just so you remember.... :sunny:
  • k8_d_qt_chixk8_d_qt_chix evEr loYal PExer
    hindi nman sa pinag-tataguan mo cla ng pera

... sympre savings mu un noh ...

... sakin lang ... i don't think it's the child's obligation to give money to their parents ... except nlang kung hinehelp ka nila na mag-save ... tulad ng sister ko ... mwehehehe ... :laugh: ... bukuhin ba!! ... :bonkself:

... money mo un noh ... kya syo un ... :redsmile:
  • RoyalAssassinRoyalAssassin Inculpated CradleSnatcher PExer
    okay, 'eto 'yung kaso ko... see, my mom bought a brand new car. thinking kaya niyang bayaran 'yun, hindi na ako umimik. anyway, parehas kaming nagtratrabaho, tho' mas malaki nga kinikita ko kasi 40hrs/week ako eh cya 8hrs/week lang. pero may sideline cya as a financial analyst, occasionally recieving triple-digit (in USD) commissions from the company for recommending customers.

ako naman, nagtratrabaho to get back to college. pinahinto nila ako kasi hindi na daw niya ako kayang pag-aralin, and besides sabi niya sa 'kin... (please check the thread out...)

Originally posted by RoyalAssassin
    "Hindi ko na sagutin pagpapa-aral sa 'yo... Hindi na kita responsibilidad."

... kaya ako nagiipon for college. siya naman, hindi na kayang bayaran 'yung car niya. she expects na sagot ko ng buo 'yung $380, considering na ang kinikita ko eh $800+/mo after taxes.

one time, binigay ko sa kanyang check 200 lang. tanong niya, "bakit 200 lang?" sabi ko, 'la na ko pera. t'os siya pa 'yung masama ang loob, "eh pa'no ko babayran 'yung kotse?"

ang akin lang naman, ba't 'ndi na lang siya bumili ng medyo luma-lumang kotse, kung hindi niya naman pala kayang bayaran mag-isa? eh akala ko ba kaya ako nagtratrabaho eh para makapag-aral ako? minsan nga, 'pag nag-issue ako ng post-dated na check, kasi masasaid 'yung laman ng account ko, i don't know how she manages to do that, pero naipapasok niya agad, and, cyempre, auto-bawas sa account ko. minsan nga, 20 na lang natira sa account ko, eh may inissue akong $30 check pambayad ng telepono. buti na lang nga paycheck day, t'os naideposito ko agad 'yung sweldo ko bago naipasok ng phone co 'yung check.

this month, i felt i didn't have a choice. i gave her a 180 check and told her, 'yan na lang pera ko, although i still had 400 something to my name.

wala naman akong maling ginawa d'un, 'no?
  • Originally posted by RoyalAssassin
    okay, 'eto 'yung kaso ko... see, my mom bought a brand new car. thinking kaya niyang bayaran 'yun, hindi na ako umimik. anyway, parehas kaming nagtratrabaho, tho' mas malaki nga kinikita ko kasi 40hrs/week ako eh cya 8hrs/week lang. pero may sideline cya as a financial analyst, occasionally recieving triple-digit (in USD) commissions from the company for recommending customers.

ako naman, nagtratrabaho to get back to college. pinahinto nila ako kasi hindi na daw niya ako kayang pag-aralin, and besides sabi niya sa 'kin... (please check the thread out...)

Yun naman pala eh. In that case, look after yourself na lang. It seems talagang mas important ang makapag tapos ka sa pag aaral mo. So, make it a point to save. I-explain mo sa kanya na maganda rin yung mga pinaglalaanan mo ng pera, and if she still insists on paying her car, well, nasasa kanya na yun.

What's important is you've made your point clear to her. For as long as it's not a matter of life and death naman, and you feel you're not being unfair... then finance your own education ano?

Sorry to say this also pero ba't naman ganun nga? Sana ma explain mo rin yung side mo at sana magkaintindihan kayo. Sana ma realize nya na she doesn't own you, and that you have your own life to live. In fact, ako I don't expect my daughter to owe me anything. I didn't have her because I'd like to have someone take care of me in the future. Just having her is a blessing, and how she decides to live her life is up to her, though I do my best to raise her well.

Pray mo na lang na magbago pananaw ng mom mo. *purpleangel*
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    It's unfortunate that your mom is like that. I really think that parents have obligations to their children, no matter what. In your case, she should prioritize your education, and not that damn car. But if she's like that, then I guess you can't do anything about that. But for you to pay for her car, I really think that's unfair. You have no obligation whatsoever to pay for her car. She gave you a burden - for you to earn on your own to be able to go back to school. And now she's giving you another one? In the first place, why did she buy the car if she's not sure how she'll pay for it.

Yes, children should be grateful to their parents, and somehow, they should 'return' something in the future. But in this case, your education is obviously more important than the car she just bought.
  • JoYcE`TiKJoYcE`TiK Member PExer
    1) if you're paying for the car, make sure nandun din yung pangalan mo sa registration.
    2) hintayin mo na lang ma-repo yung kotse nya.

my gosh, why would she buy something that she can't even afford? i think she was really counting on you to pay for the car since you're the one who has a stable job.
  • pink_fivepink_five BioMan!! PExer
    Originally posted by JoYcE`TiK

my gosh, why would she buy something that she can't even afford? i think she was really counting on you to pay for the car since you're the one who has a stable job.

korek!!!

ay nko agree ako ... y would she buy a car if she can't even afford it ... then rely on you to pay for it ...

tsk tsk tsk ...

it's not that wala kang pakialama ... pero sympre u have ur priorities dba ... sympre for you education is more important ... and she should know that because she's a parent! ... ang weird nman non ... unahin ung car over education ... and besides ... it's for ur future nman dba ... she should understand ...

... mahirap kausapin ... kc bka mag-away lang kyo ... pero i guess ok lang na mag-tago ka ng money for urself eh ... kc it's urs ...
  • art727art727 Member ✭✭✭
    I will never if I can help it to hide anything to my mom,especially money...I think you should not do that ( in my opinion) hiding something that you really have...kasi kung may talagang dumating na pangangailangan at wala talagang mapagkunan ang pamilya in time of emergency..aaminin mo ba na nagsinungaling ka sa kanila? Hindi ba nakakahiya ang ganon? If I were you I will talk to your mom and tell her that since you can't pursue your education for financial reason..you decided to save money to finish what you are aiming for..and for this you can be of more help to them (parents)if you have a degree...so tell them, please don't use this money (your money) to pay for her car....kailangang sabihin mo sa kanya na may pinaglalaanan ka ng perang itinatago mo..at sigurado bilang ina mauunawaan niya ang kalagayan mo...don't you think so? and if she insist to you to pay for her car....kailangan siguro itago mo na ng husto..hehehe
  • mintymalonemintymalone The dynamite PExer
    depende kung saan talaga gagastusin yung pera. Pero as much as possible magbibigay na ako. Magulang mo iyan, malaki ang utang na loob mo diyan.
  • titotito Member PExer
    Are are helping out in the rent/ mortgage payment???
    Do you share in the grocery expense?
    Are you also using the car?
    Anong share mo sa gastos sa bahay??????
  • 11# UST_guard'9811# UST_guard'98 Camp Lejeune PExer
    RoyalAssassin U frm cali, right? do u live by Orange, CA?
    Meron kasing opening sa branch namin dyan sa Orange baka maipasok kita.... email me na lang if ur interested.

---
    Semper Fi
  • Econ_majorEcon_major Working Fella PExer
    well i guess you have a right to keep it from them since your the one who saved it penny for penny.
  • ReLaTiViTyReLaTiViTy CleVeR GuRL !!! PExer
    it's your money, right? i tihnk it's your call tlga. i agree, what might be important to you may nit be important to them and vice versa... but it comes down to this, it's your money e. so you would have to decide on it kse ikaw yung naghirap mag-ipon nun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file