Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

What are things to do during Lent?

magnabashmagnabash PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Start na ng Lent bukas, March 1.

Comments

• BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ohh yea..... kaya pala may news about canivale kanina.
  • Eat meat.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:
  • YnidhoroYnidhoro PEx Rookie ⭐
    para makabuo ng 12 churches ng visita iglesia, uunahin ko na dalawin ang ibang simbahan tulad ng Baclaran, Sebastian, Sta.Cruz church at iba pa then on Maundy Thursday doon na ako sa Bulacan kokompletuhin ang 6 churches including Malolos Cathedral and Barasoain!
  • ermonskiermonski PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Play heavy metal music. That's the only way to celebrate it.

...without disturbing the neighbors, of course!
  • hermeowninihermeownini PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm not a Catholic so everything that I would normally do outside of lent.

For Catholics, di ba you guys are supposed to do church stuff and some reflection? Goodluck.

I'll be watching movies based on the Bible. The actors playing Jesus are always hot.
  • magnabash wrote: »
    Start na ng Lent bukas, March 1.

Google muna kasi bago gumawa ng sinulid: Five Things To Do During Lent.

Sa mga pagan ang Lent ay BAU.
  • Not sure where the Catholics picked the practice of Lent. Kasi, the Hindus in India have the same practice. During their Lent (thaipussam), they abstain from meat and the devotees mutilate their body, same as the Catholic devotees.

Weird.
  • Not sure where the Catholics picked the practice of Lent. Kasi, the Hindus in India have the same practice. During their Lent (thaipussam), they abstain from meat and the devotees mutilate their body, same as the Catholic devotees.

Weird.

Kailan naging Catholic practice ang "mutilate their body"?
    My husband is Hindu but they don't observe whatever that is. They only fast around Diwali.

According to Google this is usually observed by Tamil's. Tamil's are southern Indians aka the real Indians. There's a lot of Tamils in the Philippines.
  • littlegurllittlegurl PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ To commemorate the things that Jesus Christ did during his time. Like his fasting, until his death. Hence the station of the cross.

Kaya siguro may similarities din ito sa ibang religions, with the notion that we all have the same God, but are ways of praying, etc are different.

ont
    Since I'm away and can't do the Visita Iglesia, I will just read any bible verse each day.
  • Kailan naging Catholic practice ang "mutilate their body"?

"Devotees" bro. Catholic bishops discourages it, but tolerates it.
  • "Devotees" bro. Catholic bishops discourages it, but tolerates it.

Iyong mga may sayad lang ang gumagawa noon dahil hindi naman Catholic practice iyon.
    Isn't the reenactment of the stations of the cross like a form of repentance? The participants then head to the church na may pabasa to get more beating the way Pontius Pilate's men did it to Jesus? Well that's how I understand it. I never really got a clear explanation as to why they do this...and I went to a Catholic school. :lol:

This is a really unhygienic practice cause what if may hepa or AIDS yung deboto tapos tumalsik yung dugo sa open wound mo da ba?
  • Isn't the reenactment of the stations of the cross like a form of repentance? The participants then head to the church na may pabasa to get more beating the way Pontius Pilate's men did it to Jesus? Well that's how I understand it. I never really got a clear explanation as to why they do this...and I went to a Catholic school. :lol:

This is a really unhygienic practice cause what if may hepa or AIDS yung deboto tapos tumalsik yung dugo sa open wound mo da ba?

May sayad talaga iyong mga nagpapahampas at nagpapapako sa krus. Wala ito sa turo ng Simbahan....
  • mag papako sa krus? o kaya pasanin ang krus? teka araw araw daw dapat gawin yun eh.
  • JagonJagon PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sleep, eat pork, play games.

movie binge.

sex

beach/swimming

or

go to work and get hoilday differential rate.
  • mcsteamy17mcsteamy17 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Um... mahirap sabihin eh :rolleyes:

Madalas... mahirap i-control ang urge :weep:

...aaahhhh...
    :dizzy:
  • CelynneCelynne PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's the season of Lent again.
    "
    Lent
    is a Christian tradition that is observed in many denominations. It is the hallowed forty-day period of sacrifice leading up to Jesus' death and Resurrection. During Lent, Catholics and some Protestants prepare for Holy Week by fasting, praying, and reconciling with the Lord."
  • Aagahan ko ang Visita Iglesia ko total naman kasi nandito ako ngayon sa Mindanao Avenue kaya mas malapait ang mga churches dito