Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas

UST-hindi ba talaga nag-aaccept ng transferees?

im planning to transfer to UST nxt term, pero sabi ng webmaster nila di daw nag-aacept ng transferees dun. is it true? pls. clarify on this...

Comments

• as far as i know. hinde talaga . . .even if ur shifting course from within the university is mahirap . . .i dunno lang ngayon
  • AltweggAltwegg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Shifting courses within UST is in itself hard, what more if it involves transferring from other schools? Anyways, why not try it? There's no harm in trying.

:)
  • Originally posted by bamz
    im planning to transfer to UST nxt term, pero sabi ng webmaster nila di daw nag-aacept ng transferees dun. is it true? pls. clarify on this...

just like what altwegg said, why not try your luck? just be sure to back yourself up with good grades ang credentials.... :D
  • As of what I know, UST accepts transferees in the start of the school year. They don't accept transferees in between semesters/terms.
  • AltweggAltwegg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by psychic_psycho
    As of what I know, UST accepts transferees in the start of the school year. They don't accept transferees in between semesters/terms.
    I think we, Thomasians, know the system more than you do.
    Anyways, as I said, transferring from other schools to UST is hard. But, you can always try. And be armed with above-average grades to boost your chances.

*okay*
  • The Royal and Pontifical University of Santo Tomas limits applications for transfer to exceptionally meritorious cases.

Siguro kung may na-discover kang bagong element o nanalo ka kaya ng Nobel Prize? :)
  • onwilsonwils PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    UST has this unspoken policy of not accepting transferees, not unless you're related to someone important like the President of the Philippines.

In this matter, I can say that UST is the most biased university I know of. No matter how good you are, whether you're the top of your class, your chances of tranferring to UST is close to NIL. My friend was the top of his batch in MAPUA, but he still wasn't given even the consideration to transfer to UST. No questions, no tests, just NO.

It seems that if you're from another school, you're looked upon as "damaged goods" or someone having an uncurable, contagious disease.
  • here you are again bashing your CLAIMED school . . .it is the policy of ust not to accept transefrees so why cant u accept that? and u call urself a thomasian . . . :shakehead:

Originally posted by onwils
    UST has this unspoken policy of not accepting transferees, not unless you're related to someone important like the President of the Philippines.

In this matter, I can say that UST is the most biased university I know of. No matter how good you are, whether you're the top of your class, your chances of tranferring to UST is close to NIL. My friend was the top of his batch in MAPUA, but he still wasn't given even the consideration to transfer to UST. No questions, no tests, just NO.

It seems that if you're from another school, you're looked upon as "damaged goods" or someone having an uncurable, contagious disease.
  • Originally posted by onwils

Silly, if you have read The Royal and Pontifical University of Santo Tomas' handbook, the rules on accepting transferees are like your nagging mom. :)
    How many transferees you guys know?
  • i have a friend ryt now at the faculty of pharmacy, she was from FEU and medtech cors nya dati.... i saw her transcript... she has above average grades... thats why she was accpeted at UST, and may iba pa syang friends na natanggap sa UST, pero sa ibang colleges, like Archi, and Educ...

so, para matanngap ka sa UST. u must have at least 1.75 or better GWA...

okies
    *okay*
    Good for her.

UST may be accepting tranferees, but what happened to my friend can't be denied. UST might be biased against schools without a strong Christian background. As I said my friend was the top of his batch. They don't have any academic basis for denying his transfer into UST.

My friend went to a non-religious school in high school. That might have dimmed his hopes of getting into UST.
  • UST DOES NOT ACCEPT TRANSFEREES.

BUT IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY WHO COULD HELP YOU, MAAARI.

:bubble:
  • other colleges do not accept trnsferes..
    ex.

Nursing
    Rehab
    Science
    AB
    educ
    and all

all i know is the Fine arts and Archi do.... but be sure u can stand after uve entered....
  • Originally posted by psychic_psycho
    As of what I know, UST accepts transferees in the start of the school year. They don't accept transferees in between semesters/terms.
    CORRECT! MAHIRAP KASI BLOCK ANG MGA SECTIONS, THERE IS NO HARM IN TRYING!
  • nde ba sila tumatangap pag sipa ka sa last school mo?

:( bad trip naman! hanap na lang ako ng ibang school!
  • Uy hindi naman! Try mo!
  • paano naman sa case ko, i'm an engineering student of la salle. e gusto ko magtransfer sa college of education ng ust pero average lang grades ko, what's my chance of getting into to ust.pero it's a fact na engineering is a hard course, wala bang considerations un?
  • wow, im in the same situation with wesborland. i'm planning to pursue my dream course which is hotel and restaurant management sa ust, dba college of educ. un? kailangan ba na above average tlga grades mo, hindi kasi clear ung conditions nila for transferees sa website. do u know people who were able transfer kahit na average lang grades nila? pls. help.....:confused2:
  • try nyo siguro inquire thru phone or personally sa college of education . . .