FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

87.5 FM1 (Manila)

Now that 87.5 is currently owned by the government, this will possibly become a Top 40/CHR station (and is currently under conceptual stage). Do you have any thoughts?

Comments

• Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    It will be. Last I heard, they already have assembled 10 DJ's and 3 newscasters in their fold. Timeline is indefinite though, since I don't think they have already secured approval for the use of the frequency from the NTC.

No idea who the DJ's and casters are...what I know though is that this will be CHR format and will go up against the likes of Magic, Play and RX.
  • James Ty IIIJames Ty III Member ✭✭✭
    Do you think Delamar will be a fit for the new 87.5 station?
  • muneakiramuneakira Member ✭✭
    Do you think Delamar will be a fit for the new 87.5 station?

Nope. Isn't she still working for RX?

Word on the street is many of the FM1 jocks used to work for the Vera group.
    Delamar has retired already from radio.
  • jayb324jayb324 Light PExer
    Earlier today at around between 12nn and 1:30pm (while I was commuting along Proj. 6, QC), I heard some classic OPM songs on 87.5. Hale, then some songs from the Eraserheads, then Brownman Revival. I don't think either if 87.5 is doing a test broadcast again, or there's a pirate FM station operating.
    UPDATE: Earlier between 11AM and 1PM, foreign Top 40/CHR tracks (2000s) naman ang pinatugtog kanina. Some Beyonce tracks, Jay-Z, Chris Brown, Usher et al. I was listening (still on a low-power status) while heading to Maghinawa St. in Diliman.
  • Pangit ng signal ng FM2 sa mga probinsyang tulad ng Laguna.
  • sirmacsirmac Member ✭✭
    North Andrew recently said Jada (of Wave) will be part of FM1.
  • call23radiocall23radio Member PExer
    Hypothetical question:

Should Karen Bordador get released from jail, do you think she'll be a good addition to FM1, considering that she also has a following?
  • greenfair08greenfair08 Member ✭✭
    It would be great to hear Anne (from Wave 89.1 & 97.9 Home Radio) & Raine (from 99.5 RT, Hit FM 99.5 & 103.5 Max FM) on 87.5 FM 1.
  • muneakiramuneakira Member ✭✭
    Hypothetical question:

Should Karen Bordador get released from jail, do you think she'll be a good addition to FM1, considering that she also has a following?

Considering what she's in the slammer for, I don't think she'd be invited to work in a government office with this particular administration.
  • sirmac wrote: »
    North Andrew recently said Jada (of Wave) will be part of FM1.
    She was previously of Jam 88.3. Good thing she left the station. I disliked her for talking about mainstream pop artists there.
    Someone suggested to me that Jinri Park should be part of FM1 after she was evicted from PBB but I don't think it will be possible because she may be signed to a contract by ABS-CBN as a talent
    Some people asked me on my FB that if Ryan Seacrest's AT40 countdown will be airing on FM1 soon, then it might gonna happen. But as for me, I don't think so.
    jayb324 wrote: »
    Some people asked me on my FB that if Ryan Seacrest's AT40 countdown will be airing on FM1 soon, then it might gonna happen. But as for me, I don't think so.

Especially in a government station
  • sirmacsirmac Member ✭✭
    Monica recently mentioned that Tracy (of Mellow) will be part of FM1.
  • eddyon102eddyon102 Eddie OnAir ✭✭
    It's official! 87.5 is FM1.

[instagram]
    I knew it! Malapit na ang FM1.
  • First on the dial! Can't wait for the actual launch soon
    Judith Caringal of Sports Radio told me that 87.5 will tentatively be launched in April this year. PBS is still finalizing details on its launch.

All other PBS stations will also be rebranded. DZSR will become Philippine Radio Sports.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file