The Bb. Pilipinas 2017 Pageant Thread

Comments

• JeSuisBillyJeSuisBilly A Better Me! PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
  • steelbardancersteelbardancer Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ricky-lo.jpg CONVERSATIONS By Ricky Lo (The Philippine Star) | Updated May 7, 2017

Luckier the second time around

Beaty-Pageants-1.jpg
    Following in the footsteps of Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach who won
    the local pageant on her third attempt, the new Binibinis confirmed
    that there’s no harm in trying again, and again, until... —
    Photographed by VER PAULINO at the Novotel, Araneta Center

Meet the new Binibinis (from left):

Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental Katarina Rodriguez, 24, from Davao City, graduated with a double major (Business Management and Philosophy) from De La Salle University, a Black Belt in Taekwondo;

Bb. Pilipinas Grand International Elizabeth Durado Clenci, 26, from Mandaue City, Cebu (who spent time in Australia), a full-time bassist for three years now;

Bb. Pilipinas International Maria Angelica “Mariel” de Leon, 23, daughter of actors Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong, studied at Southville International School and took up Culinary Arts at a university in New Zealand, and a member of the Opera Belles;

Bb. Pilipinas Universe Rachel Peters, 25, from Naga City, graduated with a degree in Business, Tourism & Events from La Trobe University in Australia, and completed her International Baccalaureate at the British School in Phuket, Thailand;

Bb. Pilipinas Supranational Chanel Olive Thomas, 26, from San Antonio, Nueva Ecija, holder of a Certificate III in Business Administration, Certificates III and IV in Fitness, grew up in Cairns, Australia; and

Bb. Pilipinas Globe Nelda Ibe, 23, from Tarlac City, AB English graduate and a cadet pilot in Alpha Aviation Group.

Two are proud Binibini second-timers — Mariel was among the Top 15 semi-finalists in 2013 and Elizabeth was a candidate in 2011; and four are crossovers: Nelda was 2014 Miss World Philippines Second Princess, Rachel a 2014 Miss World Philippines Fourth Princess, Chanel a 2015 Miss Earth Philippines-Air, and Katarina a 2014 second runner-up in Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 2.

In a sense, they are all repeaters in beauty pageants.

Let’s do another round of Q&A with the ladies, who epitomize “beauty and brains,” closer than they did during the pageant at the Smart Araneta Coliseum Sunday last week.

Pia Wurtzbach has made being a repeater fashionable. How did you live up to the second-time-around challenge?

Katarina: It’s actually my first time to join a pageant like the Binibini, so unlike Asia’s Next Top Model which is not a pageant but a reality-TV show. The dynamics are different, what happens is different. It’s really up to you how you pursue your path after the contest; while in the Binibini, it’s more controlled, there are more expectations. It’s my first time so let’s see how it goes.

Elizabeth: I don’t see it as joining a second time; I see it with fresh new eyes as a more mature woman. I was so young when I joined the first time. I don’t see repeating as a disadvantage or anything. If anybody has a dream, it doesn’t matter how many times you fail, it’s about getting up and trying again and risking everything, and that’s what makes you a winner.

Mariel: I believe that if you really want something in life, you shouldn’t stop until you get it. Same thing with pageants. You join and join until you get the crown. At the end of the day, you will know if it’s really for you or not.

Rachel: If you are a repeater, people expect more from you to a certain extent because you have done it before. I have a lot of respect for girls who do it for the second or for the third time because it shows resilience and a lot of character.

Chanel: When I joined Miss Philippines-Earth, I did it just to grow as a person. The second time, you are more experienced and more confident. I love developing myself and improving. This time, I joined for the platform for my advocacy which is inspiring and empowering young girls to believe in themselves and follow their dreams. I want to be a motivational speaker. So it’s a different feeling this time; there’s so much you can do, there’s so much potential; I have a purpose.

Nelda: I don’t see any problem with being a repeater. What you learned from the first time you can use in the second time. You evolve and that’s a big plus.

You will be competing abroad with equally gorgeous, smart and intelligent hopefuls. How would you measure up to the challenge?

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Katarina: It’s not only the fact that you are representing the country but also that you are representing yourself. I believe that all starts within yourself so it’s believing in what you can do and how far you can make it. Having fun is the secret definitely because there are so many things that can get your mind clouded, and I think it resonates if you’re having fun with something and everyone can see it. And who wouldn‘t want to be a winner by just having fun?

Elizabeth: It’s gonna be a whole different ballgame for sure. Like what they were saying, just focus on yourself and show what the Philippines can bring. The best that we can do is to the best person that we can be.

Mariel: In going to the international competition, my goal is to be excited about it and not being nervous, be happy that I am representing the Philippines and I’m gonna be around so many beautiful women. That would make me happy, instead of comparing myself to them and feeling bad. I’m just grateful for this journey and do my best. (The reigning Miss International, Kylie Verzosa, is from the Philippines. Does it put pressure on Mariel?) I won’t let that bother me and I’ll just focus on myself and my own journey. It’s important to do that so you can really shine. And I’m gonna pray a lot.

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Rachel: As a Filipina, I think I have the fighting spirit to make myself stand out in the Miss Universe pageant. Also, I believe something that really, really helps is that we have the Filipino people behind all of us. In the last few days, I’ve been getting a lot of messages and it’s really touching to hear from all of them saying, “We are behind you 100 percent all the way.” I think it will inspire us all to get to the finish line and win the crown.

Chanel: It’s an amazing opportunity to be representing the Philippines, especially for my mom who grew up here. It’s just like she’s representing the country as well. I will do exactly what I did during the Binibini; I always put myself first. I don’t want to get distracted by being so involved with what goes on around me. I’m taking it one day at a time and praying a lot. And I always remember why I join beauty contests, which is for my advocacy and that’s what I’m bringing to Supra. I hope to do my country proud and I believe that I can.

Nelda: Being a beauty queen is not all physical; what counts is inner beauty. My being a pilot helps me in gaining a lot of confidence.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER][/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Whether you like it or not, you are now role models. How do you feel about it?

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Katarina: It’s something that I’m used to because of my prior career as a model. I was also a deejay for MTV, and as a talent under Viva Artists Agency, I did the Sari-Sari show with Candy Pangilinan and Kuya Empoy, a really fun show. But, as Elizabeth said, this is a different ballgame because you’re not here as an artista but as a role model. And there’s a difference between a supermodel and a role model. You’re a beauty queen and you have to pursue beauty in every sense of the word. You can be a game-changer by being honest and sincere, and showing especially the young how genuine you are.

Elizabeth: Whether you are in a position of influence or not, you should always lead by example every day. Before the pageant, I wasn’t always in make-up and this time, I see to it that I’m true to my title anywhere I go.

Mariel: When the pageant ended, all eyes were automatically on us. These days, there’s so much negativity. It’s important for women, actually for everybody, to spread kindness and compassion, not just to love but to be yourself, and be an inspiration for other people.

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Rachel: Before the pageant, I wasn’t a very girly-girl. I would go to the gym and walk around in my gym clothes all day without any make-up. We are Binibinis now and so we can’t do that. It’s exciting because it shows that we are into a new chapter in our lives. If we do things properly, we can really make a difference in the world.

Chanel: As I said, I want to be a motivational speaker so I’ve always wanted to be a role model. It’s not just what I’m doing during my reign as Binibini but something that I want to continue doing, if it’s God will, internationally. I want to be that voice so every day, you have to be the best version of yourself because that’s what life is all about…to be a good example to other people and help them make better persons.

Nelda: Nakaka-pressure. But it’s amazing how you touch people’s lives and you reach out to the kids. My advocacy is to be able to build homes for unfortunate kids…the street kids.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER][/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

BB PILIPINAS 2017 QUEENS || ASAP Guesting || Behind The Scenes
    powerhousePH
    Published on May 7, 2017

ASAP: Piolo and Sam serenade Bb. Pilipinas 2017 new queens
    ABS-CBN Entertainment
    Published on May 7, 2017
    Piolo Pascual and Sam Milby serenade the newly crowned queens of Bb. Pilipinas 2017.
    lolit-solis.jpg STARTALK Ni Lolit Solis (Pang-Masa) | Updated May 9, 2017

Kahit may korona na, Mariel na-starstruck kay Liza

Mariel-Liza.jpg

Kahit beauty queen na si Mariel de Leon, fan pa rin siya dahil hindi niya napigilan ang sarili na magpakuha ng litrato na kasama si Liza Soberano nang magkita sila sa ASAP noong Linggo.

Kasama ang ibang winners ng Bb. Pilipinas 2017, umapir si Mariel sa Sunday musical show ng Kapamilya Network at dito niya na-sight si Liza.

Umiral ang pagiging fan ni Mariel dahil inabangan niya si Liza sa backstage para sa photo op na kanyang pinapangarap.

Nakakatuwa si Mariel dahil starstruck siya sa ibang mga artista kahit parehong mga sikat na showbiz personality ang kanyang mga magulang na sina Sandy Andolong at Christopher de Leon.

Maganda at normal ang pagpapalaki nina Sandy at Boyet sa kanilang mga anak kaya ni minsan, hindi pumasok sa isip nila na Drama King ng Pilipinas ang ama nila. Tatay at nanay nga ang tawag sa mag-asawa ng kanilang mga anak. Ganyan kasimple ang De Leon family.

Sirene Sutton nakaraos na sa depression

Moving forward si Sirene Sutton, ang Bb. Pilipinas 2017 candidate at prot?g?e ni Bambbi Fuentes na dumanas ng depression dahil sa performance niya sa question and answer portion.

Dalawang araw na iniyakan ni Sirene ang karanasan niya. Two days din siya na nagkulong sa kuwarto pero sa tulong at moral support ng mga nagmamahal sa kanya, back to her old self ang kaloka-like ni Nanette Medved.

Kung si Bambbi ang tatanungin, gusto niya na sumali si Sirene sa Bb. Pilipinas sa susunod na taon. Kapag nakumbinsi niya ang dalaga, sisiguraduhin ni Bambbi at ng ibang mga tumutulong kay Sirene na with a vengeance ang muling pagsali nito.
    ricky-lo.jpg FUNFARE By Ricky Lo (The Philippine Star) | Updated May 12, 2017

There’s showbiz in 4 Binibinis

bb-pilipinas-1.jpg
    The reigning Binibinis(from left): Rachel Peters, Universe;
    Mariel de leon, International; Katarina Rodriguez, Intercontinental;
    Chanel Olive Thomas, Supranational; Elizabeth Clenci, Grand
    International; and Nelda Ibe, Globe. — Photos by VER PAULINO

Just like most of their predecessors. The new crop of Binibinis might just end up in showbiz.

Of the six, four have already showbiz in their system:
      Bb. Pilipinas-Universe Rachel Peters is the daughter of the family that owns Midas Promotions which produces concerts featuring international artists.
      Bb. Pilipinas-International Mariel de Leon 100 percent showbiz. Her parents are Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong, Lara de Leon and Pinky de Leon are her aunts; and Lilia Dizon is her grandmother (and the late Gil de Leon was her grandfather). There are more relatives along the line. She has tried acting in a teleserye and a movie but she said that it’s not for her. “I want to pursue a career as an opera singer,” said Mariel who is a member of Opera Belles.
      Bb. Pilipinas-Intercontinental Katarina Rodriguez is under Viva (managed by Joji Dingcong) and has hosted a TV show.
      Bb. Pilipinas-Supranational Chanel Olive Thomas was linked to actor Jake Cuenca even before she first joined a beauty contest (she finished Miss Philippines-Air in a Miss Earth Philippines pageant).

Eventually, given a chance, Bb. Pilipinas-Globe Nelda Ibe and Bb. Pilipinas-Grand International Elizabeth Clenci might try maybe not acting but hosting.

Meanwhile, here are the two other questions missed in The STAR’s exclusive interview with the six queens, said to be bitin (lacking) by some readers.

A Miss U question: What would you do if you discovered that your boyfriend is gay or straight but having an affair with a gay?

Nelda: Oh my God, I wouldn’t know! But I want to make one thing clear… I don’t have any problem with the LGBT community. I’m okay with my boyfriend and I’m sure of what he is. (Nelda is a cadet pilot and her boyfriend is a pilot.)

Rachel: I trust that he would never cheat on me. Regardless of whether he cheated on me with a woman or with a gay, that would be the end of our relationship, hahaha!!! (Rachel has been going steady with Camarines Gov. Migz Villafuerte for more than four months.) Since this is our topic, I’d like to say that somebody who I really look up to is Joey Mead-King. I have a lot of respect for her; she’s one of my idols. I’m sure people know Joey and her husband Ian King (who “outed” himself and insisted that he still prefers women). I’ve spoken to her several times and I feel that we have a few things in common. Initially, people suspected that it was all for publicity but when you talk to her you will know that she is genuine and sincere, it was so heartfelt. I really love Joey.

Katarina: I would be mad if he cheated on me. I would say, “No more!” because of the cheating part. It happened to one of my close friends. Her boyfriend turned out to be gay and they remained friends. He was the one designing her gowns when she served as a muse in an event. If it happened to me, I would stay close to my ex…I’m the clingy type, you know. He can be gay if he wants and I would still let him hold my hands and let him bring me to the movies. I want him to still love me, I’m so malambing you know, but not in a romantic way. The point is, don’t cheat on me, just tell me first and we can talk about it.

Mariel: Cheating is cheating whether it be with another woman or with a gay. He’s gonna feel my wrath, not only my wrath but the wrath of my mother and my father and all my kuyas. So he better be careful.

Chanel: I’m free for a while now and I’m taking my time before I enter a relationship. I must add that I really respect what (Jake) and I had before. (Chanel went steady with Jake Cuenca; they broke up and got back together until they broke up for good.) I believe that whoever I end up with, our relationship should be built on trust.

Elizabeth: I think infidelity is probably the key. It’s not a matter of gender orientation or sexuality, it’s more about infidelity. It’s okay to have a certain view in life. Things change and people change but infidelity and playing with somebody’s trust is never okay. You put your trust and love in a relationship and if one of the partners breaks that, whether with a man or a woman, I don’t think that’s right.

What would make you give up your crown — maybe a proposal from a prince or a man that means the whole world to you?

Nelda: Maybe my profession as a pilot. Before joining Bb. Pilipinas, I told myself that, win or loss, I would go back to my profession as a pilot. And that’s exactly what I’m doing after my reign.

Rachel: I won’t give up my crown for anything. If he loves me, he can wait. Winning this crown is a dream come true. It’s an honor and a responsibility, and we are under contract for 18 months. I want to fulfill my responsibility and after that I can do whatever I want in my life. He understands that 100 percent and he’s very supportive.

Katarina: I would never give up my crown for a boy. But I think if you’re really a queen no one can take your crown away from you. The reign is only a year, I’m still young, I’m 24, no need to get married just yet. When the time comes, I can get married and have little princes and princesses.

Mariel: Maybe if there’s an emergency but, knock on wood, I hope nothing happens. With me, family is always first; I will do everything for them.

Chanel: If he can give me a new crown, why not? That’s the only reason I could think of.

Elizabeth: I guess I agree with all of them.
    Beauty queens hail mothers
    By: Regina Mae Parungao and Stephanie Marie Bernardino
    Published May 14, 2017, 3:00 AM

MG_0098-1400x933.jpg
    THE NEWLY CROWNED BINIBINIS
    (Photos by Camille Ante/Manila Bulletin)

Warm hugs, reassuring kisses, soothing lullabies and encouraging words – a mother gives all of these and more. She can be best friend, teacher, cheerleader, and so on.

This is true to regular folks as it is with newly-crowned Bb. Pilipinas beauty queens, all of whom credit their mother for honing them into who they are today.

Here, Bulletin Entertainment shares their heartfelt messages to their moms in time for Mother’s Day.

MISS UNIVERSE – PHILIPPINES 2017 RACHEL PETERS

KCA_0268-833x1250.jpg

Born to a British father and a Bicolana mother, Rachel said it was her mom who taught her the importance of hard work.

“My mom came from very humble beginnings. In fact, she went to Bahrain to work. She left her family because she really wanted to have a better life,” she shared.

Rachel is grateful to her mom for giving her a wonderful life.

“My mom knows how much I love her. Although I don’t say it so much, I appreciate everything that she has done for me. My mom deserved to be told that she is the best mother in the world. Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom in the world.”

MISS INTERNATIONAL – PHILIPPINES 2017 MARIA ANGELICA ‘MARIEL’ DE LEON

KCA_0247-833x1250.jpg

Mariel is the daughter of actors Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong.

Mariel shared her mom, whom she considers her best buddy, always tells her to stay humble and grounded.

“I’m more close to my mom ’coz I can tell her anything and ask for advice. And of course she would understand my part ’coz she’s also a woman. So it’s kinda, in a way, easier to talk to her,” she said.

“This Mother’s Day, I just want to thank her for all the moral support and the love that she gave me. As in 100% talaga, laging siyang nand’yan para palakasin ang loob ko.”
    MISS SUPRANATIONAL – PHILIPPINES 2017 CHANEL OLIVE THOMAS

KCA_0210-833x1250.jpg

Chanel would have it her way, Mother’s Day would be celebrated every day.

“I believe when you have a relationship with someone, you don’t have to wait for that one day to celebrate with them. It should be a regular thing, and I have that relationship with her (mother),” she said.

According to the Filipina-Australian beauty queen, she learned Filipino hospitality through her mom.

“Growing up we always have get-togethers every week. All of the family members come together. And it’s so fun, so much food, so much happiness. It’s the Filipino vibe that I actually love,” she shared.

Her mom taught this beauty to be independent.

“My mom told me na I have to do things on my own. That if I really want something, I should pursue it without asking help from other people,” she related.

Asked to describe her relationship with her mother, Chanel said: “It’s very special.”

“She’s always been my number one supporter. She is always there to guide me and support me in all things I want to do,” she maintained.

“This Mother’s Day, I just want to tell her na ‘Salamat sa lahat at I love her so much.’”

MISS INTERCONTINENTAL – PHILIPPINES 2017 KATARINA RODRIGUEZ

KCA_0278-833x1250.jpg

Though she rarely sees her mother, Katarina makes sure to talk to her at least four to five hours a day.

“Actually she’s very emotional so it’s really hard to talk to her from afar kasi I know she misses me and she wants all of her kids together,” she shared.

Right now, Katarina lives with her 74-year-old lola, whom she considers her second mother.

“Now that I am living away from my mother, my lola serves as my mother. She’s always been there to support me throughout my journey.”

“So this Mother’s Day, I wanted to tell my mom and lola, ‘Salamat and I really really love you,’ I believe without their guidance, wala ako ngayon sa posisyon ko. So thank you so much for the best moms in the world,” she said.
    MISS GLOBE – PHILIPPINES 2017 NELDA IBE

KCA_0207-833x1250.jpg

Nelda has nine siblings and she says her mother raised them all equally.

“I’m really proud of her, kasi super naalagaan niya kami ng pantay-pantay,” she said.

Though admitting there have been some “tampuhan” or “pag-aaway,” Nelda shared her mom has always been very supportive of her dreams.

“Kasi growing up, medyo naging pasaway din ako. Dumating pa sa point na she asked me ‘What did I do, bakit ka ganyan?’” she shared. “Pero later on, sinasabi niya ‘Okay lang ’yan anak, magiging maayos din ang lahat.’ From that point, sobrang pinahalagahan ko ’yung pag-aalaga at pagmamahal ni Mama.”

According to Nelda, her mom is not strict as long as she knows her own limitation.

“Naniniwala ako kasi kung kelan masyadong hinihigpitan ang isang bata, lalong kumakawala at nagrerebelde,” she shared. “So dapat equal ’yung pagpapalaki, hindi masyadong strikto, hindi siya masyadong maluwag at ’yun ang ginawa ni Mama sa’min.”

So what is her Mother’s Day message to her mom?

“Mama alam ko naman na madami tayong tampuhan but then, I’m so proud of you. You supported me all the way, mula sa career ko bilang pilot and now I’m a beauty queen, so gusto lang kitang pasalamatan ng sobra. Lagi niyong tatandaan na mahal na mahal ko kayo,” she said.

MISS GRAND INTERNATIONAL – PHILIPPINES 2017 ELIZABETH CLENCI

KCA_0267-833x1250.jpg

Elizabeth says her mother is a funny person.

“She makes me laugh all the time,” she said, adding her mother often calls her “Inday.”

Having a good heart and respecting other people are values Elizabeth learned from her mom.

“She really pushes me to follow my dreams and make use of what I have,” she said. “Growing up, she told me the importance of having a good heart and always respecting your elders and just be natural.”

“She’s really been there for me, my mom was working a lot to give all we need, my mom sacrifices her time with us so she can give us a good life. So I just want to thank her for everything that she has given us, there are times that we argue and we don’t get along but I just want to thank her for being the best mom.”

-Published in Manila Bulletin
    not sure kung pwede rito.

But then I think Rachel might not wear the DIC crown should she win... Crossing fingers na maaayos itong issue na ito between MUO/IMG and DIC.

http://push.abs-cbn.com/features/79359/miss-universe-organization-sue-makers-of-the-miss-universe-crown/
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpOybloz0Wwv1UMUh68Xe2gWCwzqWC5lsZn9UD1ln5EVs3fJ3L847b

Miss Universe-Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters warns about her posers on Twitter
    by Bernie Franco posted on May 24, 2017

2017-05-24_19:21:16_Rachel-main.jpg
    IMAGE Allan Sancon / Instagram

Nagbabala si Miss Universe-Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters hinggil sa mga pekeng Twitter accounts na gumagamit sa kanyang pangalan upang makapanloko ng ibang tao.

Noong nakaraang linggo, ibinahagi ni Rachel sa Instagram ang kanyang official Twitter account.

Bahagi ng kanyang mensahe: “I've only been using it to keep up to date with the news but have heard others have been posing as me and ripping people off.”

Humingi rin ng paumanhin si Rachel sa mga nabiktima ng posers.

“So my apologies to anyone who has fallen victim and pls share so we can stop these people...”

[instagram]

Sa comments section, ibinahagi ni Rachel ang modus operandi ng posers na ito.

Ini-report na raw niya ito at umaasang maaksyunan agad.

Rachel-comment.jpg
    Maine & Kristel: They could be the next winners
    By Celso de Guzman Caparas (The Philippine Star) | Updated May 18, 2017

Maine-and-Kristel-3.jpg
    Charmaine ‘Maine’ Elima (far left) and Kristel Guelos (left)
    won’t mind competing again

MANILA, Philippines - 2017 Bb. Pilipinas first runner-up Charmaine “Maine” Elima, 24, from Binangonan, Rizal is an international flight attendant at Philippine Airlines for the past four years and currently on leave without pay. She was the class valedictorian of Basic Safety Training for Cabin Crew in 2013. Maine graduated cum laude from Siena College with an International Hospitality Management degree. She’s the younger of the two children of Elmer Abuel Elima, a retired employee, and Dr. Adelaida Francisco Elima, a practicing dentist. Maine was a 2013 Bb. Pilipinas Top 15 semi-finalist, was 2013 Miss Rizal and 2012 Miss Mandaluyong.

2017 Bb. Pilipinas second runner-up Kristel Guelos, 24, from Tanauan City, Batangas, is a practicing dentist who graduated from Centro Escolar University Manila. She just finished a one-year training program on Orthodontics and is planning to enroll at the Philippine Academy of Esthetic Dentistry after her reign. She’s the youngest of the four children of Vivencio Carandang Guelos and Eugenia Nones Guelos, both businessmen. Kristel was 2016 Miss Manila third runner-up, 2014 Miss CEU first runner-up, a 2013 Miss Philippines Earth candidate and 2012 Bb. Tanauan winner.

What are the sacrifices you have made for Bb. Pilipinas 2017 pageant?

Charmaine:
    I have sacrificed a lot for this pageant. I have to leave from work without pay in order to prepare and train for the pageant. I also sacrificed my time with my family and friends wherein I’m used to being with them most of the time. I also sacrificed my rest and sleep. I always have 12 to 15 hours sleep before I joined the pageant. But since we have to be early for our day-to-day activities, I only have six hours sleep.

Kristel: It is actually the time and effort. Being in this pageant, you need to give a lot of sacrifices, actually your whole self, you need to be focused and self-driven. And as a practicing dentist, I was not able to attend to my patients for the past two months. Good thing, my patients are very understanding and very supportive. And all the sacrifices are all worth it.

What is the most important lesson this pageant has taught you?

Charmaine:
    The most important lesson this pageant has taught me is to always believe in yourself. People will try to throw stones at you, pull you down and make you feel that you’re not worthy enough to even win a title. That’s why you have a really strong foundation and believe that you can do anything and be everything that you wanted.

Kristel: The pageant industry taught me that it is not just about showcasing beauty, talents and intelligence but it also boils down to character and attitude which are very important. You must have a good heart because this is also influencing others and touching the lives of other people.

What for you is an empowered woman? Do you consider yourself one?

Charmaine:
    An empowered woman, for me, is someone who is willing to make a change, with or without a crown. She is someone who is willing to help the society even if no one is looking...someone who will inspire and motivate other people to be the best that they can be. Yes, I consider myself an empowered woman. And as a Bb. Pilipinas 2017 first runner-up, I know I can influence more people and I can use this chance to empower more women and youth to make a change — change to be a better and to be the best versions of themselves.

Kristel: For me, an empowered woman is a woman of courage and perseverance. She’s articulate on what she is doing and knows how to be a good example to her fellow people. She’s an instrument of God and I believe I am one, because it is my purpose to serve others and I am an instrument to motivate others to become also an inspiration of hope and courage.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpOybloz0Wwv1UMUh68Xe2gWCwzqWC5lsZn9UD1ln5EVs3fJ3L847b

Miss Universe Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters mixes fun with business in Siargao
    by Kaye Koo posted on May 28, 2017

2017-05-28_11:33:44_Rachel-Peters.gif
    IMAGE Mark Jeslava

A lot has definitely changed since Filipina-British entrepreneur Rachel Peters bagged the Miss Universe Philippines 2017 title last April.

The 25-year-old beauty queen has been busy going back-and-forth from her hometown in Camarines Sur, as well as attending press events, a month after the pageant.

PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) interviewed her at Cosmopolitan Philippines' 20th anniversary, Friday night, May 19, fresh from her Camarines Sur and Ilocos trips.

With her hectic schedule, Rachel said she could use a short break.

"I would go probably... definitely go to Siargao," she told PEP.

A quick look at her Instagram account, it can be noticed that Rachel is very much into water sports, particularly surfing. This is why she probably picked Siargao.

However, the beauty queen not just want to visit Siargao for a surfing trip. She's also opening up her latest business venture in Siarago—a coffee shop called Bake.

Rachel noted, "It's not yet done and something I had to put on hold during Binibining Pilipinas.

"As soon as Binibining is over, I would open the shop, but then, I won!"

The beauty hails originally from Camarines Sur, but is setting up a coffee shop in Siargao.

Rachel added that her cafe is now 80 percent finished.

"I just need to go there," she exclaimed.

When asked to describe her cafe, Rachel said, "Bake is pretty much just me."

The events host-turned-beauty queen said they will be offering quality pastries and coffee.

She also said that their guests can be "baked by the sun," as they are located right by the beach, hence the name Bake was chosen.

Rachel grew up in Australia and finished her college degree there.

During her stay there, she learned the basics of becoming a barista which inspired her to open up her own coffee shop.

She recalled, "I studied in Melbourne, the coffee capital of the world.

"So while I was there, I learned how to be a barista."

Rachel graduated with a Bachelors degree in Business, Tourism and Events from La Trobe University in Australia.

For the beauty queen, Bake is an opportunity to put everything that she loves together.

She gushed, "I love surfing, I love Siargao, I love the beach."

Rachel also noted that she was highly-involved when it comes to the design of her coffee shop.

"Yes, we did that as well, we built it from the ground up."

Her target opening date is this June, and Rachel couldn't hide her excitement to finally open up her business.

She said, "I can't wait until it's finally done.

"Hopefully, I just need to get away for, like, a week or two to set it up and get it going."
    Rachel Peters begins preparation for Miss Universe 2017
    By Jan Milo Severo (philstar.com) | Updated June 13, 2017

UNIVERSE.jpg
    Philstar.com/Efigenio Christopher Toledo IV

MANILA, Philippines — Binibining Pilipinas Miss Universe 2017 Rachel Peters said she already started her preparation for the upcoming annual international beauty pageant that she heard will be once again to be held in the country.

“I’m working with myself. I think that’s probably the most important factor for me when I go to the Miss Universe especially that I heard that it’s most likely going to be in the Philippines,” Rachel said at the launch of PLDT Home Roku Powered TVolution, an all-in-one plug and play box that enables one to watch high-definition TV channels.

She admitted that when she heard the news that the Miss Universe will probably held once again in the country, she hoped it was not true and wanted it to be held in Las Vegas instead. But now, she wants the news to be true as she wants to savor the support of her countrymen.

“I’m actually super warming up with the idea that na lahat ng mga kaibigan ko, family, they are all going to be here. I am really happy if the Miss Universe will happen here,” she said.

Rachel noted that she is not feeling the pressure of joining the pageant. “I want to go in with the very positive mindset and that is something I’ve been working on since the day I won.”

The Filipino-British model said she already talked to Miss Universe 2016 Top 6 Maxine Medina, who gave her an advice. “She just said, 'Try not to get stressed out.' I’m working with myself before I do my training. With the training naman, it’s kind of like riding a bike. Once you know how to walk, you’re not going to stop knowing how to work. It is what it's really all about. Working on you in the inside and then it will shine through.”

She hopes to meet Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach soon, so they can sit down also talk about tips. “I will ask her what she thinks on the things I need to improve on. I would definitely ask for her advice on what the main things I need to improve!”
    Charmaine snipped her hair a few days ago. Ganon kaya magiging look niya if ever she joins BBP the third time around?
    normannorman.com
    Rachel Peters and her Hideout in Siargao
    Posted by Norman on June 16, 2017

img_0996.jpg?w=627

Yesterday was a special date for Miss Universe Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters since it was the soft opening of her Hideout in Siargao charmingly called “Bake by Hideout” (a business partnership with boyfriend Migz Villafuerte). It is a very cozy place where guests can have a good cup of brewed coffee or latté along with a choice of one of the premium pastries she herself baked. As you can see in the photos below, the interiors are very welcoming the minute you enter. It’s like being in your own living room with friends and enjoying light – albeit animated – talks.
    From this point onwards, Bake by Hideout will be a permanent fixture in the surfing paradise. So when you fancy a visit to Siargao or are planning to have a vacation there soon, don’t forget to drop by. Who knows, Rachel might be the barista in duty and prepare orders herself. 😉

img_0999.jpg
    Rachel’s very first customers

img_0998.jpg

img_1001.jpg

img_1002.jpg

img_0997.jpg
    Charmaine snipped her hair a few days ago. Ganon kaya magiging look niya if ever she joins BBP the third time around?

normannorman.com
    Sunday Specials: The New Look of Maine Elima
    Posted by Norman on June 18, 2017

img_1255.jpg?w=627

The caption on her latest Facebook update says it all: “when was the last time you did something for the first time? “.
    Bb. Pilipinas 2017 1st Runner-Up Charmaine “Maine” Elima now sports a significantly shorter hair that begs the question: Is this her way of telling everyone how she really feels about not getting a title last April? Or is she just going for a totally “wash-and-wear” look to give her long hair a rest from all the constant stylings during the competition?

We know that our reigning Queens (including the two runners-up) have long tresses to frame their faces in a more feminine way. And with Maine’s new cut, her public appearances will be the talk of everyone. Not that BPCI will reprimand her for doing so. After all, she won’t be prepped up for any international pageant as 1st Runner-Up.

Are you liking the short hair, dear readers? 

img_1256.jpg?w=424&h=597
    This was how Maine looked like during Bb. Pilipinas 2017
    normannorman.com
    Sunday Specials: The Bb. Pilipinas whose middle name spells F-R-I-E-N-D-L-Y

img_1243.jpg?w=627

There are friendly beauty queens and there are very friendly beauty queens. And then there is Chanel Olive Thomas, our reigning Bb. Pilipinas Supranational. There is a good reason why – aside from winning one of the Bb. Pilipinas 2017 crowns – she was also named the friendliest by her fellow candidates.
    Chanel is not your typical social butterfly. In fact, she’s not the amiable “in-your-face” type of individual. She is beyond cordial, and actually sits somewhere between affectionate and well-disposed. Once she becomes close to someone, she shows such a companionable spirit that is natural and heartfelt. And this is the quality I love most about her – the same trait that she will bring along with her in the international competition she is set to compete in later this year.

Chanel always sets the tone among her fellow Queens in almost any public gathering. She’s like the ray of sunshine who can make any boring appearance seem exciting. And wearing the Bb. Pilipinas Supranational sash gives her the big opportunity to do so. No self-made entitlements, just good old Miss Congeniality in action. 

img_0416.jpg
    Chanel (rightmost) with her fellow Queens

Credits for Chanel’s topmost image:
    Raymond Saldaña Photography
    Stylist: Mikee Andrei
    Assisted by Dave Arden
    Hair and Makeup: Jim Ryan Ros
    Swimsuit: Cesa Swimwear
    Costume: Patrick Isorena
    normannorman.com
    Sunday Specials: The New Look of Maine Elima

https://normannorman.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/img_1255.jpg?w=627

The caption on her latest Facebook update says it all: “when was the last time you did something for the first time? “.
    Bb. Pilipinas 2017 1st Runner-Up Charmaine “Maine” Elima now sports a significantly shorter hair that begs the question: Is this her way of telling everyone how she really feels about not getting a title last April? Or is she just going for a totally “wash-and-wear” look to give her long hair a rest from all the constant stylings during the competition?

We know that our reigning Queens (including the two runners-up) have long tresses to frame their faces in a more feminine way. And with Maine’s new cut, her public appearances will be the talk of everyone. Not that BPCI will reprimand her for doing so. After all, she won’t be prepped up for any international pageant as 1st Runner-Up.

Are you liking the short hair, dear readers? 

https://normannorman.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/img_1256.jpg?w=424&h=597
    This was how Maine looked like during Bb. Pilipinas 2017

Could she keep her hair short for BBP 2018?
    Binibining Pilipinas International Mariel de Leon napiling leading lady ni Coco sa ‘Ang Panday’
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 9:00

mariel-de-leon-coco-martin-300x300.jpg

ANG ANAK nina Christopher de Leon at Sandy Andolong and newly-crowned 2017 Binibining Pilipinas International na si Mariel de Leon ang leading lady ni Coco Martin sa bagong version ng Ang Panday.

Ginanap ang pormal na announcement tungkol dito sa Fernwood Gardens few hours ago (July 4) kasabay din ng pag-a-announce sa iba pang cast ng kasama sa pelikulang ididirek ni Coco at ipapalabas sa 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival.

Present si Mariel sa announcement at nakunan pa sila ng ilang press na magkasama.

Hindi naman namin nakuha ang reaksyon ni Coco kung bakit si Mariel ang napili niyang leading lady. But I’m sure, may nakita si Coco na special kay Mariel kaya niya ito ginawang leading lady.

On Mariel’s part, inamin niya na ngayon pa lang ay nakakaramdam na siya ng pressure working with Coco.

“Napakagaling niya at alam ko na matutulungan niya ako sa pag-arte. Pressured talaga pero I am challenged,” sey pa ni Mariel.

Meanwhile, Ang Panday naman ay kasama sa first four films na napili ng Metro Manila Film Festival Selection Committee at opisyal na magiging entry sa MMFF sa December 25.

La Boka
    by Leo Bukas

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file