missuniversepageantry She's honestly so beautiful
    amazingeinnel 😍 ganda
    lalavalove Ang talino nito
    charinellem Sali ka ulit! :)
    aureliakwee Congratulation 😊 love from Indonesia
  • steelbardancersteelbardancer Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    [instagram]

castanedapizarro Ella era la miss universe pilipinas
    claudz4lyf First runner-up I'm still proud of her, please come back next year and take it to wear the Miss Universe - Philippines crown. 👑
    megafiestacolima ella era la ganadora a MU y Sutton a MI 😥😥
    beekyoote Next year for sure!! 😍👑
    jpdesignstudio Sutton or De Leon is perfect for MU. Unfortunately, Sutton was not able to answer. Then they want De Leon as MI for a back to back.
    johnnybraboo You are for miss universe 🙁
    fujhakeko [#]MissUniversePhilippines2018[/#] * [#]MissUniverse2018[/#] 👸🏻🌷
    ilovegucci1 Ok n yn
    ededdedong This is a reserved beauty queen
    xjroumexx @ededdedong indeed!
    jnnyaqn Congrats Maine! Siena Pride :*
    nathandy_ Reserved Queen for next year. Mostly ang mga nananalo mga repeaters kasi kabisado na nila ang BBP.
    gabby54r 💔😫
    phoebegem_ MissU na yan next year for sure.
    charinellem Aw 😍💗
    aureliakwee Congratulation 😊 she's one of my fave , maybe next year 😙 love from Indonesia
    sawfeeya Pang Miss Universe sya! 😉
    pageantfanph Reserved Queen 😉👑💖
    vinceaseron Reserved queen! Buti 1st runner up siya, she can join next year to get the Universe crown! 😀
    [instagram]

sherylmpiape Congrats po @neldaibe ..😍😍😍😍😍
    neldaibe 💗💗💗
    ellawage Congrats ate dhot!!! ❤❤❤
    aureliakwee Congratulation 😊 love from Indonesia 😙
    [instagram]

swatch1980 Congrats @katarinarodri
    gek_ayudya Congrats @katarinarodri 🎉🎉🎉
    mjasncn Congrats!!! and please join again @katarinarodri
    sheeynmorales Congrats @katarinarodri you're my fave and you gave the best answer
    asntmph Congrats our queen Katarina! 😍❤️❤️
    linnocarlo Congratulations Katarina! 💐💐💐
    girlgang199x Congrats love!!!! Join again okay? Look Pia joining for the 3rd time and she finally won. Maybe you too? Congrats, we love u!!! @katarinarodri
    cthrngaliga Congratulations Queen! 😍❤ @katarinarodri You're still the best. ❤
    metyou19 Congrats are @katarinarodri
    jibrylle @Katarinarodri sloan that q&a
    cjycdnga Congraaaats @katarinarodri
    nkdlisme Congratulations Ate @katarinarodri for winning the title of Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental :) Grabe sinubaybayan po kitaaa from Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 2 up to here na sumali kapo ng Bb. Pilpinas :) Worth it po yung pagboto po ng buong family ko saiyo :) Great job ate katarina <3 God bless papo sa journey niyo Love lots :*
    aureliakwee Congratulation 😊 she is so cute 😙 love from Indonesia
    sawfeeya @girlgang199x pwede pa po ba sya magjoin kahit may crown na sya ngayon?
    ghebars Congrats po....Asia next top model cycle 2..'
    rj_malnegro @sawfeeya di na kasi may title na sya except kung runner up lng sya
    kulilitako Green blooded Lasallian Congratulations 💚
    [instagram]

oscar_robertson11 Congrats Chanel Olive Thomas. Very well deserved.
    sherylmpiape Congrats po..😍
    marydalexpats @_sherrran sino kamukha HAHAHAHA
    iamcarolling Congratulations Chanel Thomas 🎊👸
    flashpackairess congrats chanel
    7habibies Ilan ang KF pumasok
    [instagram]

claudz4lyf B2B win for Miss International!
    jpdesignstudio Gorgeous! Mmm so, are we aiming for a back to back? Mariel could've easily been the MU winner, instead the MI title - back to back? Go, Mariel!!!!!! 👍🏼👍🏼
    czaajimenez Galing mo!!!! @mariaangelicadl
    harrisons_mommie Should've been miss universe, honestly. But miss international will be yours definitely !
    mhenggay_06 B2B for Ms.International , Congrats 💖
    jasybaex this girl is my bet <3
    ilovegucci1 Sabeeehhhh
    against_all_ods She is much prettier than the Miss Universe. I did not watch the show, so, I solely basing my opinion on how she looks on this picture.
    riughmar @lizasoberano
    sheeynmorales I love you and congrats
    asntmph Congrats!
    mr.wonderfulguy Wow congrats 2nd timer . Sana bumalik si wynwyn marquez @melaniemarquez16
    jibrylle You define [#]resilience[/#] in pageant world congrats! Well deserved crown and minor awards! Hi to you parents! GOODLUCK! BACKTOBACKTOBACK
    profdavebayani Will mariel be the 7th filipina in the history of Miss International?
    cjycdnga Kamukha mo po si @lizasoberano
    aureliakwee Yeeeaaaaa she's one of my fave and she did it 😙 congratulation 😊 love from Indonesia
    welovesistardasom mu dpt
    rhodagpinzon Congrats:-)
    vinceaseron Mananalo 'to.
    hustiniana_22ph Year ago was not your time to showcase what you have and what you aimed for , And I do hope you will do your very best to be on top or to have a back to back win in international pageant :) I so love you.
    [instagram]

rtpi_ 😍
    vandexterxxi Good luck and bring the bacon for our country. 😊😇🇵🇭
    marci_clemente Congrats @rachelpetersx ! Let the streak continues in Miss Universe. Slay girl! [#]TheNextMissUniverse[/#]
    claudz4lyf Possibly make it to the Top 15 in 7th straight long, good luck to her.
    megafiestacolima 😱😱😱😱😳😳😳😳
    clavojovelyn How so galing mo po. Congratulation po☺
    jaymarquette Congratulations. You look like Paulina Vega.
    kript007 Hahhaa see! Kung sino hindi mo expected na manalo... yun ang mananalo' !!!!!
    hekillyoujheniel Deserve n deserve nyo po ang miss u na crown 💙😘😜
    faithyliciouz 💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛
    faithyliciouz Complete package!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    cijtheday @gabbysohot shes from Bicol. fell asleep last night
    norasolano14 Congratz saimo.... watching tfc saudi... binibining pilipinas. ... @rachelpetersx 😀😀😀
    jnnyaqn WELL DESERVED!
    vasnebsungahid hawig nya talaga si solenn. congrats po.
    ireneallofme @laninamachalena jajajaajja
    laninamachalena @ireneallofme Jesús
    gemini_thedreamer_67 😍😘😘👏👏👏👏👏👏
    hipsthehippo @margaux.abella
    peter_pan12122003 homy im soo soo soo proud of u im ur biggest fan love u
    hael.sntsGluck ❤❤❤
    sheeynmorales Massive congrats!!!👏 well deserved
    kobeguyjoco 😍😍😍
    asntmph Congrats!
    sheenalen_lim Yeheyy! Super deserving!
    dieuestamour_ Congrats
    khuyan_morales i believe in you! @rachelpetersx
    mr.wonderfulguy Sana bumalik si wynwyn [#]wynwynmarquez[/#]
    mr.wonderfulguy Congrats
    marylynnealatraca Congrats!!! God bless you deserve the crown
    itsgrazella Deserve mo talaga yung crown!! Mukha kang pure filipino. Bring home the crown! @rachelpetersx
    jibrylle @rachelpetersx i believed since day 1 that you will win the crown and i believed since MsWorldPh that you are bound for a greater opportunity, congratulations and i also believe that u will give @missuniverse 2017 pageant a headache! May laban tayo! @didiiipeters @migzvillafuerte [#]amafan[/#]
    jibrylle @solennheussaff + @supsupshamcey = @rachelpetersx = @missuniverse 2017 crown
    appletej Congratulations Rachel!!
    xxjolinabanana @jaymarquette agree! 😄
    vanzanuri @agusmuhammad95 kaya gendut dsini
    aureliakwee Wow she's beautiful 😊 congratulation 😙 love from Indonesia
    agusmuhammad95 Tp poto2 official bbp nya dia bagus beb @vanzanuri
    rachelpeters15 💓💓💓
    vanzanuri Dia top 5 miss world 2014 kak
    vanzanuri @agusmuhammad95 dia top 5 miss world 2014
    ivannn.v Should've been Elima🙄🙄
    senorito_jerome Pang Latin ang beauty prang hawig rn mukha nya ky mary jane Lastimosa👑
    fashioninstaph @ivannn.v di pa luto masyado next year siguro pede na baka masayang lang e [#]slowlybutsurely[/#]
    fashioninstaph @jibrylle parang Paulina Vega 2.0 din
    READ: Binibining Pilipinas 2017 Q&A for Top 15 finalists
    By Lara Tan, CNN Philippines
    Updated 15:07 PM PHT Mon, May 1, 2017

BB-Pilipinas-2017-Top-15_CNNPH.jpg

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 1) — The top 15 finalists of the Binibining Pilipinas 2017 went through the most-nerve-racking portion of the pageant for the coveted Miss Universe-Philippines title.

During the pageant's coronation night on Sunday, the candidates were asked questions ranging from typical beauty pageant questions to pressing current event issues, such as death penalty and same-sex marriage.

Despite the nerves, candidates exuded confidence as they answered, while others fumbled—but never losing the poise of a beauty queen.

Early fan favorite Sirene Sutton was asked if it is right for parents to demand support from their children. The early frontrunner failed to articulate her answer before the 30 seconds given to her.

Below are the questions asked by the judges and the answers of the finalists as they were delivered.

Question for Christagale Borja: What kind of day would describe the best day in your life?

Christagale Borja: "It will definitely be this day. This is the moment I've been waiting for. I've been challenged mentally, physically, and emotionally. I moved from Great Britain back to the Philippines, left my stable job, my career, and this is what I'm fighting for and this is the best day of my life."

Question for Sirene Sutton: Is it right for parents to demand support from children in exchange for raising them?

Sirene Sutton: "Will you please repeat the question? Yes, it's right for parents to demand. No."

Question for Katarina Rodriguez: What is your definition of a winner?

Katarina Rodriguez: "My definition of a winner is somebody who understands that winning isn't just because of the real way, it's because of the responsibility that comes along when you win and how you execute the job after you win. I think a winner is somebody who knows how to inspire others, who is kind, and brave, and so ever curious."

Question for Mariel De Leon: What activity perceived to be male-oriented can you do as well, if not better, than males?

Maria Angelica "Mariel" De Leon: "Well I think I can box better than males. I believe I can do anything better than males because it isn't about gender at all. It's about your abilities, your strength, your weaknesses, and your confidence within yourself. With that, you can achieve anything."

Question for Elizabeth Clenci: If you are caught in a heavy, terribly frustrating traffic, what are the best ways to make your time productive?

Elizabeth Clenci: "If I'm caught in traffic, what I usually do is read or I sleep, 'coz time is of essence so I feel like when you're stuck in traffic, you really need to make use of your time. So, I read or I sleep or I talk on the phone with a loved one."

Question for Larah Grace Lacap: The making of a beauty queen is about transformations. What are the most significant transformations you have gone through in your pursuit to become a beauty queen?

Larah Grace Lacap: "The most significant change I've had before joining Binibining Pilipinas is I'm more motivated in what I wanted to do and I am more physically fit than before because I know that what I wanted to do will make me a better person."

Question for Kristel Guelos: Hidilyn Diaz, Olympic silver medalist, exemplifies the physical strength of the Filipina. What kind of strength as a Filipina can you show to the universe?

Kristel Guelos: "As a medical practitioner and as a Binibining Pilipinas candidate, I can show the universe the dedication and passion I am having right now. And that is what I can share to others to become an influence of goodwill and to motivate others to become the better, the best version of themselves."

Question for Rachel Peters: This week, the Philippines hosted the ASEAN Summit. If you were invited to speak, what would have been your message to the leaders?

Rachel Peters: "I believe that one of the biggest problems that our country faces today is divisiveness in politics, in religion and also in culture. And I believe that it is something that is the same across the world. And that is something I would want to address. I believe that when people can learn to tolerate each other's differences and respect each other's opinions, then we will just be a stronger nation and world."

Question for Gabriella Ortega: What fear do you have that you would like to conquer, and why?

Gabriella Ortega: "The fear that I have that I would like to conquer is the fear to fail. That's something that is happening to me in this journey because I receive so much love from my relatives, it was so overwhelming. And I thought, 'Oh if I'm going to fail, what's going to happen?' But then I thought, what you have to do is embrace the people that love you because they accept your failures and your achievements in life and here I am in the Top 15."

Question for Charmaine Elima: What is your view on cursing or pagmumura?

Charmaine Elima: "My view about cursing is something that we should avoid. It is something that other people can hear from the older ones. The things that children should not hear because the children follows what the older people says. So for me, my view about cursing is something that we should avoid in our everyday lives so instead of cursing - that's negativity - we should be more focused about positivity and promote and embrace life as we should..."

Question for Maria Camille Manalo: A high percentage of students are being bullied in schools everyday. What is your message to the bullies and their parents?

Maria Camille Manalo: "My message to the bullied students is no matter what you came from, from being bullied, just stand up, prove to them that they're wrong and then no matter what happen to you, prove to them that you can stand up on your own. Give them your best shot. And that's all."

Question for Nelda Ibe: Death penalty has been a big issue concerning the Philippines in the recent months. Are you for or against death penalty?

Nelda Ibe: "Well, I believe that we should not condemn life. We are sinner but then, we have to give importance to the life that God has given us. So, my stand is, I am against of it. Because we should celebrate what God has given us, and that is life."

Question for Chanel Olive Thomas: Many countries have already legalized same-sex marriage. Do you think the Philippines should follow? Why or why not?

Chanel Olive Thomas: "As a Christian, I do believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. However, I do believe that everyone, every single person in the world deserves to be with whoever they want. And if they want to get married, that is fine."

Question for Juliana Kapuendl: The Philippines has become a powerhouse in the pageant world. What do you think are the main reasons that made this possible?

Juliana Kapuendl: "I think the main reason that the Philippines became the powerhouse of pageants is because of resilience. Like our previous beauty queens, even though they failed on the first time in joining Binibining Pilipinas, they tried second and third time, they emerged victorious not only in our country, but in the whole universe."

Question for Jehza Mae Huelar: What is the role of a beauty queen in a country that lacks unity?

Jehza Mae Huelar: "I think that the role of a beauty queen is not just winning the crown but also to become the voice of the people. I believe that I can use my voice to the people who have affected by the war in my city and to those who are affected by the earthquake in Mindanao. So I will use my voice to become the influence, the influential voice to the other people and it would unite our Filipinos.

The candidates were judged on their intelligence, poise, and personality. The points they earned in this category made up 20 percent of their final score.

Rachel Peters, the 25-year-old Filipino-British stunner from Camarines Sur, was crowned Binibining Pilipinas-Universe 2017.

The pageant's other winners include Bb. Pilipinas 2017 International Maria Angelica De Leon, Bb. Pilipinas 2017 Supranational Chanel Olive Thomas, Bb. Pilipinas 2017 Grand International Elizabeth Clenci, Bb. Pilipinas 2017 Intercontinental Katarina Rodriguez, and Bb. Pilipinas 2017 Globe Nelda Ibe.

The runners up were Charmaine Elima, who won first runner up, and Kristel Guelos, who came in second runner up.

The coronation night was co-hosted by Pia Wurtzbach, Miss Universe 2015. The Philippines hosted the Miss Universe 2016 pageant last January.
    Bb. Pilipinas 2017 titleholders still in shock over win
    ABS-CBN News
    Posted at May 01 2017 12:37 PM

050117_bbpinas.jpg
    The winners of Bb. Pilipinas 2017. Jonathan Cellona, ABS-CBN News

MANILA – The new batch of Binibining Pilipinas queens still can’t believe that they will soon represent the Philippines in various international pageants.

In an interview with ABS-CBN News’ Mario Dumaual shortly after the Bb. Pilipinas coronation night on Sunday, Miss Universe Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters said she is at a loss for words over her win.

“Honestly, it hasn’t sunk in to me yet. This is a dream come true,” she said. “I have no words.”

“But I am so happy and I am so grateful for all the people who have helped me along the way. Thank you to all my family, my friends, my supporters who are here tonight. I love you all and I hope I can make the Philippines proud.”

Chanel Olive Thomas, who was crowned Bb. Pilipinas Supranational 2017, had a similar response: “I really, really want it (crown). I feel very blessed and it hasn’t sunk in yet.”

She went on to acknowledge the presence of her family during an important moment in her life. “My mother is here, my auntie and my cousin. My dad always told me that he would come to the international pageant,” said Thomas, who won Miss Philippines Air in 2015.

Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental 2017 Katarina Rodriguez, meanwhile, considers the pageant and her victory a huge responsibility.

“It’s very different from everything else. I thought of it like, ‘Okay, this is like work, it’s like a performance.’ But then, you see all the girls and you see the people and it’s (responsibility) very, very, very heavy,” said Rodriguez, who was a finalist at cycle 2 of “Asia’s Next Top Model.”

Other titleholders of Bb. Pilipinas 2017 include Maria Angelica De Leon (Bb. Pilipinas International), Nelda Ibe (Bb. Pilipinas Globe) and Elizabeth Clenci (Bb. Pilipinas Grand International).
    ricky-lo.jpg By Ricky Lo (The Philippine Star) | Updated May 2, 2017

Boyet on Mariel: More exciting than winning award

Mariel-5.jpg

MANILA, Philippines - On her second try, Mariel de Leon finally bagged a title Sunday night at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, as 2017 Bb. Pilipinas-International.

“It’s even more exciting to me than winning an award,” said Mariel’s father, multi-awarded actor Christopher “Boyet” de Leon. “An award feels like an icing on the cake while winning a beauty title is something else. You have to compete with 40 equally beautiful ladies who have gone through rigorous screening.”

Mariel-5B.jpg

Mariel’s mom Sandy Andolong couldn’t stand the suspense so she decided to watch the pageant on TV at the nearby Novotel, accompanied by Boyet.

“I knew it was going to be stressful,” said Sandy, “but as soon as the winners were announced, we ran to the Coliseum to be with Mariel.”

Boyet and Sandy noted that Mariel worked hard for her second try at the Binibini.

“She improved a lot,” observed Sandy. “She has become more confident and more determined. I knew that she stood a big chance. Mother’s instinct, you know.”

“But still,” added Boyet, “we were surprised. Umiba ang aura niya.”

Accompanied by their other children Gabriel and Mica, the couple hugged as they arrived at the Coliseum.

“Prayer helped a lot,” said Sandy.
    Rachel, na-motivate kay Gabriela
    By GORGY RULA
    May 2, 2017

rachel-maxine-001-288x336.jpg

ANG nagwaging Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2017 na si Rachel Peters ay pinuri sa sagot niya sa Q & A portion.

Aminado siyang sobra siyang kabado pagkatapos niyang malagpasan ang naturang bahagi ng competition.

Ani Rachel, “I was very nervous. As soon as I got up stage, I was trying to think about what I was saying and I couldn’t remember, but all the girls were saying ‘oh you did really good, you did really good.”

Ayaw na sana niyang sumali sa Binibini dahil sa ‘di niya gaanong magandang karanasan nang sumali siya sa Ms. World-Philippines nung 2014.

Hindi nakuha noon ni Rachel ang title, at hanggang 4th princess lamang siya. Hindi siya masaya sa Q & A portion nang lumaban siya sa Ms. World-Philippines, kaya nagdalawang-isip siyang sumali sa Binibini, kahit marami na ang nangungulit sa kanya.

“It took me two years to gain confidence to be able to do it again. And after deciding, I was training for about four months,” sabi nito.

Natuwa rin si Rachel sa magagandang komento sa kanya na kamukha niya ang dating Ms. Universe na si Gabriela Isler at pati ang Kapuso actress na si Solenn Heussaff.

“Oh they’re all compliments, you know she was Ms. Universe and that’s what I’m aiming for from day one, and so it also motivated me.

“I watched a lot of videos of her and so thank you Gabriela Isler for the motivation,” nakangiting pahayag ng bagong Bb. Pilipinas-Universe.

Marami ang nakaalam na si Rachel ang kasalukuyang girlfriend ng Camarines Sur Governor Migz Villafuerte.
    Rachel, sumo-Solenn ang ganda!
    Gov. Migz, parang nanalo na rin!

By Allan Diones
    May 2, 2017

rachel-migz-002-288x336.jpg

UMEPEK ‘yung plano ng mag-asawang Christopher de Leon at Sandy Andolong na sa hotel lang sila manood ng coronation night ng Bb. Pilipinas 2017 kesa sa Araneta Coliseum.

Sabi sa amin ni Ms. Sandy nu’ng huli namin siyang makatsika sa grand opening ng resto-bar ni Lotlot de Leon sa Parañaque, for a change ay hindi sila manonood ni Boyet nang live sa Big Dome, baka sakaling manalo ang anak nilang si Bb. #15 Maria Angelica ‘Mariel’ de Leon.

Isa pa ay para silang hihimatayin sa tensyon ‘pag nandu’n sila sa Araneta, so doon na lang sila sa hotel room ni Mariel sa Novotel.

Ayun, tumalab naman at naiuwi ni Mariel nu’ng Sunday night ang korona ng Bb. Pilipinas-International.

Bago pa ang gabi ng kompetisyon ay pawang si Mariel ang hinuhu*la ng beauty pageant experts na mag-uuwi ng most co*veted Miss Universe-Philippines crown.

Hindi man ‘yun ang nakuha niya ay naiuwi ni Mariel ang 2nd most prestigious title.

Nang una siyang suma*li sa Bb. Pilipinas nu’ng 2013 ay pumasok lang si Mariel sa Top 15. This time ay title-holder na siya.

Opera singer ang gandarang anak nina Papa Bo at Ms. Sandy.

Applauded ang sagot ng 23-anyos na dalaga sa Q&A portion at nanga*bog siya nang rumampa sa red Cary Santiago gown kaya siya ang nanalo ng Best in Long Gown.

Top winner sa ‘Game of Crowns’ nu’ng Linggo nang gabi ang kandidata ng Camarines Sur na si Rachel Louise Peters.

Bukod sa gandang pam-beauty queen, seksing katawan at charm, si Rachel ang pinakakabogera ang sagot sa kinatatakutang Q&A portion.

Dahil wapak ang sagot ni Bb. #19 ay deserved niya ang titulong Miss Universe-Philippines 2017.

May aura si Rachel na sumo-Solenn Heussaff ang beauty niya.

Boyfriend ang 25-anyos na Bicolana ang young Governor ng CamSur na si Migz Villafuerte.

Sa dami ng nagko-congratulate kay Gov. Migz sa pagwawagi ni Rachel ay parang nanalo rin ito ng titulo.

Maraming tamis-tamisan pics sa Instagram sina Rachel at Migz. Madalas ay nasa dagat silang dalawa dahil pareho silang beach bums.

Laging naka-bikini si Rachel habang si Migz ay shorts lang ang suot. Madalas din silang magbiyahe abroad.

Sumali si Rachel sa Miss World Phili*p*pines 2014, na ang nanalo ng korona ay si Valerie Weigmann.

4th Princess lang doon si Rachel at 2nd Princess si Nelda Ibe, na nanalong Bb. Pilipinas Globe 2017 last Sunday sa Big Dome.

Base sa mga nakita naming pics nila sa IG ay taong 2014 nang maging sina Rachel at Migz.

Halatang sobra silang inlabey sa isa’t isa base sa mga post nila.

Bago ang coronation night ay may post si Migz sa IG na, “So excited for Rachel Peters! By far, you are the most genuine, sexiest and most beautiful of them all. So proud of you!”

Tila match na match ang dalawa — isang pulitiko at isang beauty queen.
    Will there be Binibining Pilipinas 2017 shake-up?
    (philstar.com) | Updated May 2, 2017

UNIVERSE.jpg
    Miss Universe Philippines 2016 Maxine Medina passing
    the crown to Miss Universe Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters.
    Philstar.com/Efigenio Christopher Toledo IV

MANILA, Philippines — A pageant enthusiast page on Tuesday hinted a shake-up on the recently concluded Binibining Pilipinas 2017 pageant.

In its Facebook page, The Philippine Pageantry posted a photo with the text: “Expect a shake-up that will break your hearts. It broke ours.” It included the hashtag #BinibiningPilipinas2017.

The Facebook post sparked several speculations on the dethronement or a possible switching of titles due to a passport or citizenship issue.

The Philippine Pageantry, which described its page as a “source of news and features for our local and national pageantry winners, including foreign winners with Filipino lineage,” however, refused to comment on the issue.

“We will refrain from making further comment until BPCI makes an announcement,” the page commented.

17796145_1301627043247708_8059626694552859729_n.jpg?oh=9199d705c29305cf81ec4c6e34df24db&oe=5982ED1E The Philippine Pageantry

18278571_1335911619819250_3600914690173762569_o.jpg?oh=fe5a573dce707a7f0ebee4e0b7ee3610&oe=59C28011

When we heard the news, this was our reaction: 😔

#BbPilipinas2017
    #ThePhilippinePageantry

The Binibining Pilipinas Charities Incorporated has not made any announcement on the issue as of posting.

On Sunday, Binibining Pilipinas held its grand coronation night where Rachel Peters won the Miss Universe Philippines 2017 title. Here’s the complete list of winners:
      Bb. Pilipinas 2017 2nd Runner-Up – Kristel Guelos
      Bb. Pilipinas 2017 1st Runner-Up – Charmaine Elima
      Bb. Pilipinas 2017 Globe – Nelda Ibe
      Bb Pilipinas 2017 Intercontinental – Katarina Rodriguez
      Bb Pilipinas 2017 Grand International – Elizabeth Clenci
      Bb Pilipinas 2017 Supranational – Chanel Olive Thomas
      Bb Pilipinas 2017 International – Maria Angelica De Leon
      Miss Universe Philippines 2017 – Rachel Peters

— Rosette Adel with a report from C. Mendez Legazpi
    Katarina denies ‘not accepting’ Binibining Pilipinas crown
    By Rosette Adel (philstar.com) | Updated May 2, 2017

INTERCON.jpg
    Binibing Pilipinas Intercontinental 2017 - #31 Katarina Rodriguez.

MANILA, Philippines — Newly-crowned Katarina Sonja Rodriguez denied reports that she is not accepting her crown as Binibining Pilipinas – Intercontinental.

According to reports, Binibining Pilipinas Charities Incorporated said Rodriguez “has expressed that she may not accept the crown.” She was crowned to represent the country in Miss Intercontinental.

The agency reportedly has yet to receive her formal resignation letter. Some news agencies said her alleged resignation has something to do with residency issues.

Nonetheless, Rodriguez took to social media to deny this announcement.

“I never made any announcements that I'm not accepting the crown? Is it alright if everyone refrains from making assumptions first,” Rodriguez wrote.

[tweet]

[tweet]

[instagram]

Rodriguez represented Davao in the pageant. She is a former finalist at the "Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 2."

She just graduated from De La Salle University (DLSU) with a degree in Philosophy and Business Management and was a former member for the DLSU Women’s Track and Field Team.

On Tuesday morning, pageant enthusiast page, The Philippine Pageantry, hinted a “heartbreaking” shake-up on the Binibining Pilipinas 2017 pageant. This sparked rumors on crown switching and dethronement.

Rodriguez was a crowd favorite during the pageant. —Reports from Aubrey Madelaine Alejo
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpOybloz0Wwv1UMUh68Xe2gWCwzqWC5lsZn9UD1ln5EVs3fJ3L847b

Gov. Migz Villafuerte proud of girlfriend Rachel Peters for winning Miss Universe-Philippines 2017 title
    by Nerisa Almo posted on May 2, 2017

2017-05-02_16:31:46_Migz-Villafuerte,-Rachel-Peters,-Binibining-Pilipinas.jpg
    IMAGE Instagram photo of Migz Villafuerte

Camarines Sur Governor Migz Villafuerte is one proud boyfriend.

His girlfriend, Rachel Peters, was crowned Miss Universe-Philippines 2017 at the Binibining Pilipinas 2017 coronation night, held last Sunday, April 30.

Migz's happiness for Rachel's victory was written all over his face when they met right after the coronation night.

This was captured in a photo that the young politician shared on his Instagram account yesterday, May 1.

He said on the caption: "you made it - i'm so proud of you."

Migz added, “[My] face, when i first saw Rachel finally crowned last night!!”

[instagram]

In an interview with Rappler right after the pageant, the 28-year-old politician from the Bicol region joked about Rachel's triumph: “Parang nanalo uli ako sa eleksyon.”

He then commended Rachel for all her hard work to get the crown.

“Sa totoo lang, alam ko kung ano ang pinagdaanan ni Rachel.

"Grabe pong sakripisyo, hard work, sleepless nights.

"And awa ng mahal na Diyos, nakuha po niya ang pinapangarap niya sa buhay,” said Migz.

Before the pageant, Migz also posted a message of support to his girlfriend:

“by far, you are the most genuine, sexiest and most beautiful of them all.”

[instagram]
    Katarina Rodriguez to give up Bb. Pilipinas crown?
    Mario Dumaual, ABS-CBN News
    Posted at May 02 2017 06:05 PM | Updated as of May 02 2017 08:14 PM

20170501-araneta-binibining-pilipinas-coronation-slides-19-jc.jpg
    Katarina Rodriguez is crowned Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental 2017.
    Jonathan Cellona, ABS-CBN News

MANILA – (2ND UPDATE) Days after being crowned Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental 2017, Katarina Rodriguez is said to be giving up the title.

In a text message to ABS-CBN News, Bb. Pilipinas Charities Incorporated (BPCI) spokesperson Gines Enriquez said Rodriguez has expressed that she may not accept the crown.

Enriquez added that BPCI is still awaiting the formal letter of resignation from Rodriguez this Tuesday, May 2.

The succession for Rodriguez's title, if vacated, has yet to be discussed. As of press time, trainer Jonas Gaffud is in talks with Rodriguez regarding the issue.

The statement of Enriquez, however, goes against what Rodriguez said on her social media accounts on Tuesday afternoon.

The beauty queen stressed that she never mentioned anything about not accepting the crown and asked the public to stop making assumptions.

"There's a lot of magic in honesty. Remember that," she said.

I never made any announcements that I'm not accepting the crown? Is it alright if everyone refrains from making assumptions first.

— Katarina (@KatarinaRodri) May 2, 2017

And maybe think it's been two days since coronation which I obviously enjoyed so much. It was one of if not the funnest things I've done.

— Katarina (@KatarinaRodri) May 2, 2017
    Kylie Verzosa believes in new Binibining Pilipinas winners
    By Deni Rose M. Afinidad-Bernardo (philstar.com) | Updated May 3, 2017

KYLIE%20V%20COVER.jpg

MANILA, Philippines — Despite rumors of disqualification or resignation of at least one Binibining Pilipinas 2017 queen crowned last Monday, Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa firmly believes that this new batch of Binibini beauties can continue the Philippines’ winning streak in international pageants.

In a recent interview with Philstar.com during the launch of Samsung S8, Kylie said the new Binibinis are “a new batch of incredible girls” and she is positive that the girls will perform well in competitions abroad.

These bets, according to Kylie, make her proud, adding that she is sure they will make the country proud as well.

Last Monday, Rachel Peters of Camarines Sur was hailed to represent the country in Miss Universe, followed by Mariel De Leon for Miss International, Chanel Olive Thomas for Miss Supranational, Elizabeth Clenci for Miss Grand International, Katarina Rodriguez for Intercontinental, and Nelda Ibe for Miss Globe.

Rodriguez reportedly resigned from her post, which the “Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 2” finalist denied.

Kylie expressed gratitude for Filipino fashion designers that have been instrumental in their journey as beauty queens.

“It’s good that we have a lot of creative designers," she noted.

Beauty pageants, she said, are a good avenue for both queens and designers to show the uniqueness of the Filipino.
    Kylie Verzosa offers tips to Miss International bet Mariel De Leon
    By Deni Rose M. Afinidad-Bernardo (philstar.com) | Updated May 3, 2017

INTL.jpg

MANILA, Philippines — “Stay true to yourself. Stay strong. It’s going to be an incredible ride!” Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa advised new Binibining Pilipinas International 2017 winner, Maria Angelica “Mariel” De Leon.

This tip also applies to other Binibining Pilipinas winners tasked to represent the country in international pageants, Kylie said.

In an interview with Philstar.com during the recent launch of the Samsung Galaxy S8, Kylie said she admires how the new batch of queens, including Mariel, carried and emphasized one of the Philippines’ national costumes, the terno.

In this year’s competition, Mariel also won Best in Long Gown. She is a classical singer and the daughter of veteran actors Christopher De Leon and Sandy Andolong.

Kylie is only too happy to pass on her crown to Mariel.

“I’m glad that I’m here and not there (on the stage)!” she told Venus Raj, when the Miss Universe 2010 4th runner-up asked how she felt passing her Binibining Pilipinas International crown.

“I want the girl to be strong and focused not only on the crown, but on being an inspiration and being relevant to society,” Kylie told Raj on what she is looking for the next Binibining Pilipinas International.

If Mariel wins in Miss International this year, Kylie will be happy and proud to pass on another crown on Mariel’s head.
    sol-gorgonio.jpgPIK PAK BOOM Ni Sol Gorgonio (Pilipino Star Ngayon) | Updated May 4, 2017

As of presstime, wala pang inilabas na bagong statement ang Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. kaugnay sa status ngayon ni Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental Katarina Rodriguez.

Kamakalawa ay naglabas ng statement ang BPCI at hinihintay daw nila ang resignation ni Katarina. Pero naglabas naman ng pahayag si Katarina na wala siyang balak mag-resign.

Ang lumalabas na kuwento, ang mga taga-Binibini mismo ang gustong tanggalin siya dahil sa naglalabasang sexy pictorials daw niya sa FHM. Meron din yatang sexy pictorials ang beauty queen sa Rogue magazine, at matagal na itong hindi puwede sa Binibining Pilipinas. Para ma-save na lang daw sa kahihiyan si Katarina, palalabasin na lang na nag-resign ito.

Pero wala pa tayong nakuhang latest development sa ngayon dahil may naririnig din kaming tuloy pa rin siya sa Binibini.

Kung sakaling matutuloy ang pagtanggal sa kanya sa Binibini, ang first runner-up na si Charmaine Elima raw ang ipapalit.

Narinig din naming hinihintay lang daw ni Charmaine ang naturang announcement at tatanggihan daw niya ito. Balak kasi nitong sumali uli next year dahil target niya talaga ang Miss Universe crown.
  • JeSuisBillyJeSuisBilly A Better Me! PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    [instagram]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file