COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

what are your all-time favorite EDDIE MURPHY movies???

Comments

• martyrmartyr In my own way .. PExer
    Originally posted by Jazzy Japs

I believe the character was a donkey and not a goat...

martyr: Life was the title of that movie...

My favorites:

Coming to America
    Beverly Hills Cop II
    The Distinguished Gentleman (where he played a con-artist who became a congressman)

Yep.. Thanks.. that's the title..*okay* ..

I was able to watch "The Distinguished Gentlemen" as well.. medyo flat top pa yung hair ni Eddie Murphy dun. :D .. Saka in the end.. he wants to run for presidency :glee:..

I don't like him when he does drama or horror flicks.. he should stick to doing comedy films.. If i rememeber correctly, his idol is Richard Pryor.
  • Jazzy JapsJazzy Japs Soul Slayer PExer
    From the Internet Movie Database, Eddie Murphy has three upcoming films this 2002. They are:

Showtime (with Robert de Niro) - "This spoof of buddy cop movies is about two very different police officers who are forced to work together, as stars of a new reality-based TV show."

The Adventures of Pluto Nash - "In the future, a man struggles to keep control of his nightclub from mafia control in space."

I Spy - "Based on the 1960's television series I Spy. A professional athlete (boxer - Eddie Murphy) has to help a U.S. government agent recover a missing jet."
  • BabyFATSBabyFATS Every Body's Buddy PExer
    Coming to America
    The Nutty Professor
    The Metro

Trading Places with Dan Aykroyd
    - it's about two people whose lives were interchanged forcibly by a one-dollar bet

TRIVIA
    Eddie Murphy sings too. Back in the 80s he had this duet with a lady whose name I can't remember. The title of the song is "How Can It Be". It's a love song, and a good one too. :love:
  • crybabymakicrybabymaki Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i also like that song ate mariel :walkman2:

by the way, the duet was done by him and crystal blake.

:heart:
    edi syempre idadagdag ko sa list ang "showtime", co-starring robert de niro!!! *okay*

• heart_Eheart_E avid fan PExer
    showtimes
  • amelieamelie Member PExer
    Boomerang

The soundtrack for the movie was good too.... an oldie but a goodie... :)
  • purrfectpurrfect Member PExer
    Coming To America! kahit ilang beses ko ata panoorin 'to enjoy pa rin...
  • damnrightdamnright I feel it in my fingers.. ♫ PExer
    -coming to america
    -nutty professor
    -Beverly Hills cop

:D
  • rhk111rhk111 Son of Boltok The Rapist PExer
    TRADING PLACES. I thought the movie was pretty funny, and I would consider it to be one of the best comedy films of all time. The film was also well written, and the movie just seemed to flow effortlessly and smoothly, with lots of laughs in between.
    Favorite scene: At the start of the movie wherein Murphy was posing as a legless Vietnam vet who was caught by the cops. Truly one of the funniest scenes in movie history.

THE GOLDEN CHILD. Another movie I found to be funny, and very enjoyable because of the action and supernatural angle of the film.
    Favorite scene: Murphy going thru the Nepalese customs and the evil villains carrying the sacred knife using his streetsmarts. Absolutely hilarious.

BOWFINGER. I found Bowfinger to be quite good, with it's innovatively funny and strange plot.
    Favorite scene: The cop catching up with Murphy near the end of the film, trying to make the most of his first "acting" opportunity.

The "Nutty Professor" franchise was also okay, though it seems that Murphy is running out of gags on his own and is resorting more and more to toilet humor. The "Beverly Hills" Cop franchise was sort of okay also but seemingly forgettable films. Same with the "48 hrs." franchise. "Coming to America" was okay, but I found it a bit subdued in terms of humor overall.
  • katkat GHeTTo bOOty PExer
    coming to america :up: :up:
    kahit paulit-ulit...

:)
  • out of orderout of order Member PExer
    Bowfinger. it's also my favorite Steve Martin movie.
  • f0r5aK3nf0r5aK3n Ascendant BridgeBurner PExer
    Trading Spaces is the best Eddie Murphy film in my opinion.

Next would be Coming To America

followed by Eddie Murphy: Raw
    hey thanks for the bump, forsaken :wave:

ive been wanting to revive this thread since i saw "daddy day care" earlier this year, but i just kept on putting it off for later.

speaking of daddy day care, lemme add that movie to my faves list!!! ang kyu-cute nung mga bata.

hes currently starring in disney's the haunted mansion (which personally, i thought was alright, but not really awesome.)

502038.jpg

• badasschickbadasschick Wanderlust PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Trading Places

and Bowfinger (bwahahaha, this one's a real comedy gem!)
  • gastrixiagastrixia Surf's Up! PExer
    yeah Bowfinger was a hoot and a half ... chubby rain :glee:
  • f0r5aK3nf0r5aK3n Ascendant BridgeBurner PExer
    oops... I somehow knew I'd mess up the title... hahaha.. Trading Spaces mah *****$.... I meant Places even... hahaha... that's what I get for watching Trading Spaces all the damn time.
  • StampedeStampede ...but seriously PExer
    trading places was his best.
    mushu02.gif
    donkey_email_fade_04.jpg

eddie murphy provided the voice for two of the most loved animated characters in recent history *okay*

• bing2xbing2x Lavander&Lilac PExer
    - Coming To America (there was a scene here that referred to Trading Places)
    - Trading Places
    - Shrek

:heartgrl:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file