Home PEx Campus University of Santo Tomas

Planning to transfer for s.y 2017-2018

Hello everyone! I am currently a 2nd year Engineering student, enrolled in UE Manila, and am interested in transferring to UST College of Architecture for S.Y 2017-2018. I would like to ask for your help regarding the transferring requirements and some other things.

1) Will they be open for transferees?
2) What are the requirements/ documents that are needed?
3) Kung meron man po, what are the cons of passing the 2015 USTET (note that my first choice back then was Engineering, then followed by Archi)? Will it give me an advantage in transferring?
4) I've heard that once the student passed the Dean's evaluation, he/she will be given the approval to take the Transferee's Qualifying Examination. Is the content of the exam related to Architecture or is it a general exam?

I am really motivated to pass all my subjects this 2nd sem for the sake of giving a good impression when I'll be transferring since I really do want to take Archi in UST. I'm looking forward to your answers and suggestion ^^ Thanks in advance!

Comments

• LabuyoXVIIILabuyoXVIII PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nekoshei wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am currently a 2nd year Engineering student, enrolled in UE Manila, and am interested in transferring to UST College of Architecture for S.Y 2017-2018. I would like to ask for your help regarding the transferring requirements and some other things.

1) Will they be open for transferees?
    2) What are the requirements/ documents that are needed?
    3) Kung meron man po, what are the cons of passing the 2015 USTET (note that my first choice back then was Engineering, then followed by Archi)? Will it give me an advantage in transferring?
    4) I've heard that once the student passed the Dean's evaluation, he/she will be given the approval to take the Transferee's Qualifying Examination. Is the content of the exam related to Architecture or is it a general exam?

I am really motivated to pass all my subjects this 2nd sem for the sake of giving a good impression when I'll be transferring since I really do want to take Archi in UST. I'm looking forward to your answers and suggestion ^^ Thanks in advance!

TRANSFEREE
    Acceptance of a transferee from another school/college/university shall be subject to the stringent standards set by the University and the availability of slots in the program where the transferee wishes to enroll.
    Policy Guidelines and Conditions
    A student from another school/college/university who wishes to transfer to the University must:
    1.have no failing grades in any course;
    2.have not been subjected to disciplinary action in the school/college/university of origin; and
    3.meet the requirements for residency in the University.

Procedures for transferring
    1. Transferee must submit the following to the Dean’s Office of the faculty/college/institute where the program of choice is offered:
    1.1. A Letter of Intent addressed to the Dean of the faculty/college/institute where the program is offered;
    1.2. Clear photocopy of duly certified transcript of records; and
    1.3. Certificate of Good Moral Character coming from the Dean and the Head of the Office for Student Affairs of the school/college/university of origin.

2. The transferee applicant shall forward the Certificate of Good Moral Character to the University’s Office for Student Affairs for clearance.

3. After careful evaluation of the transferee’s credentials, the Dean shall endorse the transferee to the Office of the Secretary General for approval to take the UST – Transferee’s Qualifying Test (UST – TQT).

4. If the transferee passes the UST – TQT, he/she must accomplish the Admission Memo and submit it to the Office of the Registrar together with his/her original copy of transfer credentials.
  • Hindi na po ba ieentertain kapag may bagsak na subject? Alanganin po ksi finals ko sa Integral but i'm doing my best :(
  • LabuyoXVIIILabuyoXVIII PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nekoshei wrote: »
    Hindi na po ba ieentertain kapag may bagsak na subject? Alanganin po ksi finals ko sa Integral but i'm doing my best :(

You can try. As you know, enrollment count in all Universities are low as of the moment because of the K-12 transition. In normal circumstances, UST only accepts transferees under meritorious (and very well-connected) cases. Having a failing grade diminishes the chances of a transferee to get into the University. But since mababa ang enrollment count, who knows?

Good luck!
  • Might as well post this one here since the other thread that I butt in was inactive for a long time now. (To the original OP of this thread, papost din po if you don't mind.) I would just want you to judge if I'm capable of transferring to UST. I recently finished my 2nd year as a BSTM student in OLFU. So far, I do think I'm doing pretty well actually. I have a 1.9 GWA when I was 1st year and a 1.7 GWA last 2nd year 1st sem. My grades for 2nd year 2nd sem aren't yet released so I'm still unsure about that. I failed USTET when I was aiming to be a freshman in college, most probably because I have low grades back when I was in High School. I even passed the PUPCET exam despite of it being more difficult. I definitely changed my ways and is working hard to have good grades so I could potentially be a transferee in UST. Another thing, I've seen the subjects for BSTM and fortunately, I've taken most, if not all of them in Fatima. (It is the same but the name is kind of different) so, is UST considerate in crediting those subjects? Last thing, is the qualifying exam for transfer much easier than USTET? Thank you
  • You can try. As you know, enrollment count in all Universities are low as of the moment because of the K-12 transition. In normal circumstances, UST only accepts transferees under meritorious (and very well-connected) cases. Having a failing grade diminishes the chances of a transferee to get into the University. But since mababa ang enrollment count, who knows?

Good luck!

Got all my grades today. Unfortunately I failed integral but all my other subjects are high (ranging from 2-1.25). I won't be discouraged by that one subject, it wouldn't hurt to try, tama rin naman po kayo :) Makikita rin naman siguro nila yung previous grades ko last semesters since I used to be a scholar... tignan nalang po natin. Thank you po so much :D