FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

104.3 FM2 (Mega Manila)

Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
It's brewing somewhere in this Republic. A fine assembly of talents playing nothing but real good 80s and 90s music....

Soon!

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Is this Metro Manila based station? :D
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    forg wrote: »
    Is this Metro Manila based station? :D

Yes it is....bound to be exciting...if plans push through, the DJ roster would be an all-star cast....
  • badofiladabadofilada Member ✭✭
    Sigurado yan na yung 87.5 FM na ine-establish ng Philippine government. 😂
    That one, too. Although I heard 87.5 will go CHR and compete with the likes of Magic, RX, Play, among others...

The other one is going to be a little more exciting, because, if plans don't miscarry, you'll probably have the best assembly of DJ talents in one station since 99.5RT of the 90's.
  • James Ty IIIJames Ty III Member ✭✭✭
    Probably some former DJs of Retro 105.9 will be a part of the new station
  • badofilada wrote: »
    Sigurado yan na yung 87.5 FM na ine-establish ng Philippine government. 😂

Yep. As what Sec. Andanar said in the year-ender report of PCOO na magtatayo sila ng FM station for the youth nationwide. And that is on 87.5 mHz.
  • kariristakarirista Pasaway buster PExer
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Will it be that the current government FM station will undergo a MAJOR overhaul so this could be accommodated?[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
    Let's just say that there are officially two government stations in the FM band today. One is the present 104.3 DWBR-FM, where radio jocks like Bob Novales, George Boone, Jun Sta. Ana, among others, go on air.

The other one is the recently secured 87.5 frequency. This one apparently will have a CHR format that will go up against the likes of Magic, RX, Play, among others.

The 104.3 frequency will be very interesting though in the coming days. From the teaser, it says it will be Metro Manila's Hit Back Music Station, so expect music from the 80's and 90's to dominate the playlist. But the one thing I'm really very excited is the roster of top-tiered DJ's, soon to be announced. The cast is extremely stellar - perhaps the best assembly of DJ talents since 101.1 KISS-FM of 1985 or RT of the 90's.

To give you a clue, two of perhaps the best DJ's in FM radio history are projected to be together in this project. A third one is perhaps one of the most innovative radio executives ever. It will be a combination of radio personalities coming from RT, KISS, Magic and K-Lite.
  • badofiladabadofilada Member ✭✭
    The 104.3 frequency will be very interesting though in the coming days. From the teaser, it says it will be Metro Manila's Hit Back Music Station, so expect music from the 80's and 90's to dominate the playlist. But the one thing I'm really very excited is the roster of top-tiered DJ's, soon to be announced. The cast is extremely stellar - perhaps the best assembly of DJ talents since 101.1 KISS-FM of 1985 or RT of the 90's.

To give you a clue, two of perhaps the best DJ's in FM radio history are projected to be together in this project. A third one is perhaps one of the most innovative radio executives ever. It will be a combination of radio personalities coming from RT, KISS, Magic and K-Lite.

Hoping na yung bagong 104.3 ay hindi masyado alisin yung music from the big band era to 70s, pati yung kundiman music.
  • kariristakarirista Pasaway buster PExer
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]If it doesn't help, PBS-BBS has created an FM division which was tasked by bureau head Bong "Sonny B" Aportadera to overhaul the current government FM station.

The said division is headed by the former voice of Tiger 22, Carlo Jos? Villo.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • j5bataj5bata There's also ONE BENILDE! ✭✭✭
    I'll miss hearing Business Radio's TOH jingle if it does get a facelift. It's been the same for much of my childhood/young adulthood, except for that time in 2000 when there was an extended version of it if I recall it right.
    Will former DJs of RX be also part of the new station? I won't be surprised if Lil Joey and Mike, both formerly of Play FM, will join 87.5.

I wonder if Bob Novales and company will be retained in the new 104.3.
    George Boone just announced on his FB page that his show Fresh will have its last broadcast on DWBR this Friday morning
  • jayb324jayb324 Light PExer
    Here's what I've suspected: FM 2 might be the sister station of FM 1 (https://twitter.com/fm1ph)

My possible theories:

FM 1 - CHR/Top 40
    FM 2 - either Classic Hits or AC/Hot AC + News from PBS
  • I just hope the government have completed their technical studies in using 87.5 MHz. Unless there is a new standard, the Philippine FM band is from 88 MHz to 108 MHz. Cheap receivers might not be able to properly tune to 87.5 MHz as this is below standard. Car receivers with digital display/tuning might be able to tune to this frequency (mine does. I checked. No broadcast yet though) but if the majority of FM receivers may have reception issues, then there will be limited listenership for this new station.
  • eddyon102eddyon102 Eddie OnAir ✭✭
    FM1 and FM2... Shades of BBC (UK) Radio 1 and 2? Parang bahagi ng strategy ng PBS.
    104.3 is now on test broadcast, playing 80's and 90's music non-stop.

A preview of things to come? Not even close, perhaps. The greatest come-on of this station is its battery of DJ's, assuming everyone has said yes to join this fledgling station.
  • TotnakTotnak Theistic Apologist ✭✭✭

A preview of things to come? Not even close, perhaps. The greatest come-on of this station is its battery of DJ's, assuming everyone has said yes to join this fledgling station.

is Papa Jack coming on board? He mentioned in his FB that he'll be going back on air pretty soon.....

What about 87.5?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file