Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Deadpool 2 (2018)

gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited May 2018 in International Movies
Ryan Reynolds finally spilled some ‘Deadpool 2’ details
BGR | Jacob Siegal | December 9 2016

fter fighting for more than ten years to bring Deadpool to the big screen, Ryan Reynolds didn’t have to convince anyone at Fox that the raunchy superhero movie deserved a sequel. The movie made over $700 million despite its relatively small budget, and days after it hits theaters, Fox had already greenlit a sequel.

Although Deadpool 2 won’t take ten years to make, it has been going through some growing pains of its own, losing director Tim Miller, reportedly due to creative differences. In his place, Fox has hired John Wick director David Leitch, and Ryan Reynolds couldn’t be more excited.

“Everbody was just a fan of his work,” Reynolds told Entertainment Weekly in a recent interview. “He’s just a guy who’s so muscular with his action. He also really understands those Deadpool sensibilities and where we need to take the franchise from here. And I love John Wick. One of the things that David Leitch does that very few filmmakers can do these days is they can make a movie on an ultra tight minimal budget look like it was shot for 10-15 times what it cost.”

Regarding Miller’s decision to leave the sequel, Reynolds says that “there is not a human being on earth that worked harder on Deadpool than Tim. He’s an incredibly, incredibly talented director.”

As for the production of the movie itself, Reynolds says that they are “just in the development stage but we’re about to move into production.” He also told EW that the team is currently casting Cable as well as “looking at” bringing Domino (a member of the X-Force strike team) into the sequel.

for the full article: http://bgr.com/2016/12/09/deadpool-2-ryan-reynolds-interview/

Comments

• gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
  • MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
  • audreyjaneaudreyjane ♡ PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
  • Zep_TepiZep_Tepi Carpe Diem PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Zazie Beetz has been cast as Domino.
  • Ahura MazdaAhura Mazda Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    [tweet]

Meh. Should have been David Harbour or Michael Shannon.
  • jayel85jayel85 Roxstarr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    [tweet]

Meh. Should have been David Harbour or Michael Shannon.

I prefer Michael Shannon in WB/DCEU.
  • sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    deadpool-domino-1013049.png

yikes bakit ang pangit ata ni domino? ano yan napulot from the 70s show? :lol:
    ^ that is no domino? as usual, fox is under budget and they have opted to change the image of domino.

expect another rant script by ryan reynolds just like what they did about colossus and nega....
    ^ that is no domino? as usual, fox is under budget and they have opted to change the image of domino.
    budget isnt the issue here. they are doing it in the name of diversity. an african domino might work, but that god awful hair ....grabe binabuy si domino. aaaang paaaangit!!!! :lol:
  • riverhorseriverhorse start me up PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Domino has snow white skin with a black eyepatch on her left eye. They reversed her color scheme so that they could make her African American ? 0.0

landscape-1489139952-neena-thurman-earth-616-from-uncanny-x-men-annual-vol-4-1-002.jpg

Instead of an African-American Domino they could have introduced Misty Knight instead (she has a super strong bionic arm with an attitude to match) :

537bb5ee79404.jpg
    riverhorse wrote: »
    Domino has snow white skin with a black eyepatch on her left eye. They reversed her color scheme so that they could make her African American ? 0.0

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/10/768x384/landscape-1489139952-neena-thurman-earth-616-from-uncanny-x-men-annual-vol-4-1-002.jpg

Instead of an African-American Domino they could have introduced Misty Knight instead (she has a super strong bionic arm with an attitude to match) :

https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/b0/537bb5ee79404.jpg

why do you think they would instead drastically ruin Domino rather than introduce an originally black female comic character that actually looks like that actress who would be playing Domino? this is sooooooooo unbelievably f*cked up. :rolleyes:
    5983921-4026623410-DGGDQ9jV0AEdkgl.jpg%3Alarge

sophion wrote: »
    why do you think they would instead drastically ruin Domino rather than introduce an originally black female comic character that actually looks like that actress who would be playing Domino? this is sooooooooo unbelievably f*cked up. :rolleyes:

They probably wanted to introduce Domino because of her ties with Cable (who has ties with Deadpool). They could have made Cable African American but that would be an even bigger mess since it has been established in the X-men Fox universe that his parents were Caucasian lol. Sigh.

I can't remember if there's a law ( I can't find it in google) that mandates that all US film and television shows allow equal representation of minorities in media. Perhaps this has spawned the "African -Americanization" of previously Caucasian characters.

Related :

Color-blind casting

Non-traditional casting, or integrated casting, and sometimes color-blind casting is the practice of casting without considering the actor's ethnicity. A representative of Actors' Equity has disputed the use of the term "color blind", preferring the definition "non-traditional casting." Non-traditional casting "is defined as the casting of ethnic minority actors in roles where race or ethnicity is not germane."

Color-blind casting

Non-traditional casting, or integrated casting, and sometimes color-blind casting is the practice of casting without considering the actor's ethnicity. A representative of Actors' Equity has disputed the use of the term "color blind", preferring the definition "non-traditional casting." Non-traditional casting "is defined as the casting of ethnic minority actors in roles where race or ethnicity is not germane."

I dont think Hollywood ever did a 'color-blind casting' when casting for major roles like wonder woman, superman, captain america and spiderman. :lol:
    I dont think Hollywood ever did a 'color-blind casting' when casting for major roles like wonder woman, superman, captain america and spiderman. :lol:

True, but they changed the race of Jimmy Olsen (Supergirl) , Ned Leeds (Spider-Man Homecoming) , MJ ( still debatable if Michelle will be Peter's MJ ) , Valkyrie (Thor Ragnarok), Heimdal ( Thor 1 and 2 ), etc.
    5983921-4026623410-DGGDQ9jV0AEdkgl.jpg%3Alarge

mukha lang syang may balat sa mukha sa totoo lang :lol:

they have to make cable completely awesome for fans to ignore this screw up. :D
    they really screwed up with this. they did not even give Domino a solid birth mark.

is she even a mutant or a human with a birth mark.

They probably wanted to introduce Domino because of her ties with Cable (who has ties with Deadpool). They could have made Cable African American but that would be an even bigger mess since it has been established in the X-men Fox universe that his parents were Caucasian lol. Sigh.

I can't remember if there's a law ( I can't find it in google) that mandates that all US film and television shows allow equal representation of minorities in media. Perhaps this has spawned the "African -Americanization" of previously Caucasian characters.

Related :

Color-blind casting

hay naku. they could have casted a black actress and colored her white with a black eye patch. they did it with Zoe Saldana and colored her green to stay with the comic character of Gamora.

being white does not mean you are caucasian.
    mukha lang syang may balat sa mukha sa totoo lang :lol:

they have to make cable completely awesome for fans to ignore this screw up. :D

Cable needs to be [email protected] and look formidable.
    they really screwed up with this. they did not even give Domino a solid birth mark.

is she even a mutant or a human with a birth mark.

hay naku. they could have casted a black actress and colored her white with a black eye patch. they did it with Zoe Saldana and colored her green to stay with the comic character of Gamora.

being white does not mean you are caucasian.

You do have a point. In some African cultures they paint their faces white. They could have done that with Domino then give her the black eyepatch.

Domino, in the comics, was genetically engineered/bred in a laboratory. What used to be considered as her luck power if I remember correctly there was this one panel that explained her powers are actually low level telekinesis. So does that mean she's psionic ? Her powers are basically the poor man's version of Scarlet Witch's powers. She's much better at physical combat than Scarlet Witch, though.
  • MrSinisterMrSinister Destroyer of Senses PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Check Out The First Official Images Of Josh Brolin As Cable

DGo0JrnVYAATB5j.jpg

DGovov0WAAAMMVa.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file