COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The Universe is Alive. It is Eternal. And it may very well be God itself!

sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
c4bfe62dab824a2580ebd19671fb2410.jpg

Big Bang, Deflated? Universe May Have Had No Beginning
http://www.livescience.com/49958-theory-no-big-bang.html

Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

The Universe is “Alive”: 5 Facts Showing that We Exist in a Living Universe -
See more at: http://www.enlightened-consciousness.com/the-universe-is-alive-5-facts-showing-that-we-exist-in-a-living-universe/#sthash.XNbdaFgi.dpuf

Why We Need to Believe in a Living Universe
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/duane-elgin/living-universe_b_862220.html

The Universe as God

Imagine for a moment you are God. You exist before time, before the universe, before everything! You have no body you have no shape, it hasn’t been created yet. You are just floating in space. You are pure consciousness without form or shape, it’s as if you were nothing. How would you even know you existed? You have no external reference points, and no internal reference points either for that matter. You have no idea who you are and what you’re even capable of.
You are God, nothing exists outside of you, you are everything. You are pure energy, completely formless and unlimited. You are infinite. Something very difficult to comprehend. Now, you wish to learn about yourself, and who you are and what you can do. So you begin to create, but since you are everything and are infinite you can’t create outside of yourself you must create within yourself. It is impossible for something to exist outside of infinity. So you begin to create dimensions like up and a down, and left and right, you begin to create little objects within your self. These objects are not separate from you, they are you, they are within you.
Now you have established internal reference points and objects and are learning about yourself, and what you are capable of. Yet you are not finished. You begin to create little entities within yourself and give them consciousness, so they can look up at you and say: “Ah that’s God, this is me, and this is what we can do.” The singularity has become a plurality but at the fundamental level it is still a singularity.

http://www.gestaltreality.com/articles/the-universe-as-god/

Comments

• KAGEMUSHAKAGEMUSHA Nobody! PExer
    Sound concept!
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Will this God be concerned about my sex life? I hope not. We have enough of uptight Gods.
  • sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    if the universe is god, each living creature is probably god's braincell.
  • ramblerrambler I wait for You, my Savior. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1. The universe is not eternal - 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, First Cause, 2 Peter 3:10

2. God is bigger than the universe and is eternal
    Ateo wrote: »
    Will this God be concerned about my sex life? I hope not. We have enough of uptight Gods.

so because he put moral boundaries, uptight kaagad? :glee:
  • KAGEMUSHAKAGEMUSHA Nobody! PExer
    rambler wrote: »
    1. The universe is not eternal - 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, First Cause, 2 Peter 3:10

how about- God IS PART of universe
    KAGEMUSHA wrote: »
    how about- God IS PART of universe

I cannot accept that. There is more power in God's pinky finger than the whole of the universe. He is NOT part of the universe. He can bring the universe into existence or extinction at will.

Psalm 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.

Revelation 20:11 - And I saw a great white throne and the One sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from His presence, but they found no place to hide.
  • KravenKraven Member PExer
    It's funny that creationists could not accept the concept that the universe could be eternal, that there is a possibility of it as an endless loop of big bangs and crunches, or that a multiverse might exist with other dimensions as shown by the string theory. That our scientific concept of physics, time or space might not necessarily apply to all parts of the universe.

and yet pag dating sa idea ng isang God: omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient. /end of story. lol

Masayang i-explore yung ganitong topic eh, pero yung mga die-hard creationists, we get it. You are 101% convinced that a God (who's existence is basically immune to all sort of argument or debate) created everything and you believe everything in the bible.

We get it. No need to debate. You won't accept any other concept or ideas other than a God created everything.

There's really no point pushing your agenda here. Gets na namin kayo.
    Sus binaligtad pa. Sino ba mahilig tumuldok sa mga diskusyon tulad nito, hindi ba mga liberals? Sa scientific circles kapag nadiskubre nila na creationist ang isang scientist, automatic ineexclude nila. Ang mga liberals ay makitid ang utak sa mga bagay-bagay.

law of thermodynamics actually prove the universe is eternal, since the first law states that energy cannot be created. CANNOT BE CREATED! nor destroyed. you understand that?

universe = mother nature = God/Goddess

now dont even dare bringing up the 2nd law since people like you have absolutely no idea what that is :lol:

instead see if you can find a 100% scientific article (not a religious site or author!) which uses the laws of thermo to dispute the theory that the universe is eternal.
    I like it when Creationists, like Rambler, mention Science and abuse it or misunderstand it. How can one spurn Science and expect to fully understand it.

I totally agree with Sophion. The First Law of Thermodynamics states that Energy is eternal. There was no need to create it.
    so because he put moral boundaries, uptight kaagad? :glee:

Naah! God did not have his moral boundaries right. Quick examples:

a. Condoning slavery -- the most obvious moral issue of all time. It only takes the most basic of moral intelligence to determine that it is WRONG, and yet god failed to even condemn it in clear terms.

b. Ordering massacre of children and women of defeated tribes. Whoa! God will not even pass the Geneva Convention standards of humans.

And some of the most important theological concepts are immoral per se.

a. Hell - the idea of eternal torture, irrespective of the degree of sin.

b. Faith - the requirement that you should accept and worship a particular god, lest you will be tortured in hell.

c. Immaculate Conception -- really, god?!? You need to impregnate a clueless child in order to save the world?!? That sounds like a fishy alibi for pedophilia.

Now, god's so-called moral boundaries are all about sex anyway. He just does not want specific types of sexual activities. But followers interpret them differently.

a. Muslims don't want hair or face to show.
    b. Catholics don't want condom at all!
    c. Evangelicals (in Red State America) don't want sound sexual education
    d. SDAs are okayish with condoms and pills, but NOT oysters and pork. Really!

Bottomline: moral boundaries of god are messy and wrong.
  • KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sophion wrote: »
    law of thermodynamics actually prove the universe is eternal, since the first law states that energy cannot be created. CANNOT BE CREATED! nor destroyed. you understand that?

Cannot be created by humans through experimentation.
    Here are what the bible says:

God is omnipresent:

1 Kings 8:27
    New International Version
    "But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!

And that is why God is spirit. If He were material, there will not be space for anything He will create.

What is the "highest heaven"?

According to scholars, it is beyond the outer space (universe), the "dwelling place of God"

https://carm.org/what-does-it-mean-when-bible-refers-third-heaven

So it is correct, in a sense, that the universe is God (but just partly because He is beyond the universe). God is in everything and He made it known through the Holy Scriptures:

phesians 4;6
    King James Bible
    One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
  • Mr. YoMr. Yo Now comes the mystery. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Religious nuts talking science = :rotfl:
    Cannot be created by humans through experimentation.

cannot be created by anyone, period.
    So it is correct, in a sense, that the universe is God (but just partly because He is beyond the universe). God is in everything and He made it known through the Holy Scriptures:
    Physicists theorize the existence of multiverses. Multiverse = Gods. :naughty:

Another God is beyond our God. God i hope they get along just fine.
    I like it when Creationists, like Rambler, mention Science and abuse it or misunderstand it. How can one spurn Science and expect to fully understand it.

I totally agree with Sophion. The First Law of Thermodynamics states that Energy is eternal. There was no need to create it.

God is eternal. Nobody created God because as the bible attests, it is God who is the creator. God is a living spirit, that means the nature of God is energy. That "energy" which was not created or uncreated by anyone is clearly God Himself! :D

See what scientists say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM1V2YJZakw
    sophion wrote: »
    cannot be created by anyone, period.

God is not included in that "anyone" since whoever stated that obviously does not believe in God. The Holy Scriptures are very clear that God is the creator of everything, God is the designer of everything.
    Physicists theorize the existence of multiverses. Multiverse = Gods. :naughty:

Another God is beyond our God. God i hope they get along just fine.

The Expansion of the Universe

The Bible indicates in several places that the universe has been “stretched out” or expanded. For example, Isaiah 40:22 teaches that God “stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.” This would suggest that the universe has actually increased in size since its creation. God has stretched it out. He has expanded it (and is perhaps still expanding it). This verse must have seemed very strange when it was first written. The universe certainly doesn’t look as if it is expanding. After all, if you look at the night sky tonight, it will appear about the same size as it did the previous night, and the night before that. Ancient star maps appear virtually identical to the night sky today. Could the universe really have been expanded? It must have been hard to believe at the time.

In fact, secular scientists once believed that the universe was eternal and unchanging. The idea of an expanding universe would have been considered nonsense to most scientists of the past. It must have been tempting for Christians to reject what the Bible teaches about the expansion of the universe. Perhaps some Christians tried to “reinterpret” Isaiah 40:22, and read it in an unnatural way so that they wouldn’t have to believe in an expanding universe. When the world believes one thing, and the Bible teaches another, it is always tempting to think that God got the details wrong, but God is never wrong.

Most astronomers today believe that the universe is expanding. This expansion is a very natural result of the physics that Einstein discovered—general relativity. Moreover, there is observational evidence that the universe is indeed expanding. In the 1920s, astronomers discovered that virtually all clusters of galaxies appear to be moving away from all other clusters (see creation in-depth box at the bottom); this indicates that the entire universe is expanding.

This effect can be illustrated with points on a balloon. As the balloon is inflated, all points move farther away from each other (see illustration at left). If the entire universe were being stretched out, the galaxies would all be moving away; and that is exactly what they appear to be doing. It is interesting that the Bible recorded the notion of an expanding universe thousands of years before secular science came to accept the idea.

Conservation of mass-energy

A very important concept in physics is the conservation of energy. This principle states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. There are a lot of different kinds of energy; heat, light, sound, and electricity are all forms of energy. We can change one type of energy into another and we can move energy from one place to another, but the total quantity of energy in the universe is constant and cannot be changed.

There is also a conservation principle of mass. Mass is the property of an object to resist a change in its motion. Things that possess a lot of mass are very heavy; things with little mass are light. We can move mass from place to place, and transform one kind of mass into another (by a chemical reaction for example), but, just like energy, mass cannot be created nor destroyed. So both mass and energy are conserved. In fact, Einstein was able to demonstrate that all energy possesses an equivalent mass, and vice versa. To put it another way, mass and energy are really the same thing manifesting in different ways. This is the meaning of Einstein’s famous equation E=mc2. We can combine these principles into the conservation of mass-energy. Colloquially speaking, the amount of “stuff” in the universe is constant.

Conservation of mass-energy is exactly what we would expect on the basis of Scripture. First, the Bible indicates that no new material can come into existence. This is indicated in John 1:3 and Genesis 2:2. John 1:3 states that all things were made by God, and nothing has come into existence apart from Him. Furthermore, God ended His work of creation by the seventh day of the creation week, according to Genesis 2:2. Since only God can bring new things into existence from nothing, and since God ended His work of creation by the seventh day, no new material will come into existence today.

Second, the Bible suggests that nothing will cease to exist. This is because God is upholding all things by His sustaining power (Hebrews 1:3) and by Him all things consist (Colossians 1:17). Neither matter nor energy will cease to exist, because God is sustaining them, and since nothing new will come into existence, we can conclude that the amount of material in the universe is constant. Of course, the Bible makes room for miracles—supernatural interventions by God, but miracles (by definition) do not conform to the laws of physics; they are exceptions by their very nature. The universe itself obeys the law of conservation of mass-energy.

The number of the stars

The Bible often uses the “stars of heaven” to represent an extremely large quantity. Genesis 22:17 teaches that God would multiply Abraham’s descendants “as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is on the sea shore.” Genesis 32:12 makes it clear that this represents a number which is uncountable by humans: “the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.”2 These are excellent analogies. Clearly the sand of the sea and the stars in the universe cannot be counted exactly by humans, though of course, they can be roughly estimated. Interestingly, the two quantities come out to about the same order of magnitude: 1022, or ten billion trillion, give or take a factor of ten or so.3 (For other verses using stars as an illustration of large numbers, see Deuteronomy 1:10 and 10:22.)

It was not always believed that the stars were so numerous. The astronomer Claudius Ptolemy (A.D. 150) cataloged 1,022 stars in his work The Almagest.4 Many astronomers believed that these were the only stars that existed, even though Ptolemy never claimed that his catalogue was exhaustive.5 Of course, there are many more stars than this number. The total number of stars that can be distinctly seen (from both hemispheres under ideal, dark sky conditions) with the unaided eye is around 10,000. The precise number depends on how good one’s vision is.

Today, with the help of modern science, we have an even greater appreciation of just how innumerable the stars are. Powerful telescopes allow us to see stars much too distant and faint to be seen without optical aid. Even binoculars reveal countless multitudes of stars that cannot be seen by the unaided eye. It is estimated that our galaxy alone contains over 100 billion stars. Astronomers believe that there are more galaxies in the visible universe than there are stars in our own. Each of these galaxies would have hundreds of millions to trillions of stars. Modern science certainly confirms Genesis 22:17.

The Ordinances of Heaven and Earth

The Bible teaches that the universe obeys physical laws—“the ordinances of heaven and earth” (Jeremiah 33:25). The universe is neither haphazard nor arbitrary; nature conforms to logical, mathematical relationships set in place by the Lord.

The laws of physics and chemistry are examples of these ordinances of heaven and earth. The clockwork precision of the planets as they orbit the sun is due to their strict obedience to God’s ordinances. The stars and planets are never late nor are they early. They do not fail to appear in their proper place at the proper time (Isaiah 40:26).

The laws of nature are consistent and logical, because the Creator is consistent and logical. We can trust that the same physics which worked yesterday will also work today. This principle is foundational to the scientific process. The very reason that science is possible is because the universe consistently obeys simple mathematical formulae. Furthermore, God created our minds with an impressive (though finite) ability to interpret the data around us, and draw logical conclusions. We are therefore able to discover (at least to some extent) the ordinances of the universe by observation, experimentation, and logical reasoning. Once we understand the nature of these physical laws, we can use them to make accurate predictions about the future—such as computing the positions of the planets in advance.

Both earth and the rest of the physical universe (“heaven and earth”) obey the laws of nature. Many ancient cultures believed that the universe beyond earth was the realm of the gods. Indeed, the planets were often worshiped as gods. In reality, the planets are simply created objects which obey the same laws of nature which we can study on earth. In an incredible leap of insight, the biblical creationist Isaac Newton realized that the moon orbits the earth because the moon is pulled by earth’s gravity. The moon “falls” just like any other object; earth’s gravity deflects the moon’s path through space (see the in-depth box below). Since the moon has a tangential (perpendicular to the line from the earth to itself) velocity, it falls “around” the earth rather than straight down. Newton also realized that the planets orbit the sun for the same reason; the sun’s gravity keeps them in their orbit. The planets and stars are not gods; they are mere creations (Genesis 1:14–19) in nature which obey the Lord’s ordinances.

Astronomy confirms the Bible

Today, the reliability of the Bible is being increasingly attacked. Can we really trust the Bible in our modern age of technology and science? As we have seen, science is not an enemy of the Bible. On the contrary, modern science has been able to confirm much of what the Bible teaches about astronomy. Many of the biblical teachings which would have been difficult to believe in the past (such as an expanding universe) are now accepted in science textbooks. This is an important lesson to learn. Ideas in secular science can change from time to time, but the Bible has demonstrated itself to be consistently true without the need for change.

https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/taking-back-astronomy/the-universe-confirms-the-bible/
  • KravenKraven Member PExer
    ^
    God is not included in that "anyone" since whoever stated that obviously does not believe in God.

so the first law of thermodynamics is simply stated by someone who does not believe in God ? lol.

gets na nga namin, for you guys God created everything and the bible is the ultimate truth. period. end of story. No need to engage in scientific arguments/discussions kung puro bible verses lang din naman ang dadalhin niyo sa mesa.
    God is not included in that "anyone" since whoever stated that obviously does not believe in God. The Holy Scriptures are very clear that God is the creator of everything, God is the designer of everything.
    the bible did not say that god created energy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file