Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - TV

Points of View on "Points of View"

NewtoNNewtoN PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
What's your opinion about this show & its hosts?

Comments

• Well The rock says this: Dong Puno is a first class candy ***** who likes to hear the sound of his own voice. He's especially riding high now that his brother is in Erap's cabinet. Mo Twister is a jerk who pretty much gets by only through his American accent. Jessica Zafra is her usual straightforward self, often becoming more irritating than entertaining. She's still trying to be the Filipino Howard Stern. Tough luck *****. Cher Calvin is probably the one bright spot on this show as she is clearly an intelligent person, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A MAJOR BABE!

Still, this show bugs The Rock as more often than not, the hosts clearly impose their opinion on their invited guests and end up agreeing among themselves at the end of the show when all the guests are gone.
  • The Rock: I take it you don't like the show ??? hehehe

I find the show boring most of the time which is a pity because format of the show is quite unique (as compared to the other talk shows around)... Also I find lack of chemistry among the hosts, Dong Puno almost always ends up with his "I'm-older-so-I'm-right-you're-wrong-routine", Mo Twister sometimes looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about and as for Zafra, She's just not as good in TV (and radio) as she is in print. Yep Cher is a babe but that "lazy eye" bugs me...

Also, the "personalities" of the hosts are not that clear Who's conservative ??? Who's liberal ??? I think the show would have worked better if they put in hosts with opposing personalities AND with equal ego's (i.e. won't back down to one another)... As it is, Puno always ends up dictating the show...

I'd like someone to put up a show which copies the format of "Politically Incorrect". For those who don't know the show, it's a show hosted by Bill Maher, and he discusses issues with his guests. Usually his guests are of two groups, the "serious" guests - politicians, journalists, scientists, etc and the "funnies" - comedians, actors, satirists...
  • To be perfectly honest, Jessica Zafra rubs me the wrong way on the show. I haven't read any of her works but if she's trying to project some form of progressive thinking, it's not working. With the exception of Dong Puno (who, at least, is not a spineless conservative), any man on the street can come up with opinions like theirs.
  • i dont know why but i find it boring even when the topic is interesting.
  • I wholeheartedly agree with The Rock including Cher Calvin being the only redeeming trait of the show although she comes across as too high class and westernized (if that's a word) sometimes.

Peace.
  • Maganda siya in fairness.
  • abscbnabscbn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    What channel is this on?
  • I miss this show... I got a crush on Teddy Locsin Jr...
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    the show was aired on studio 23 a long time ago hehe

I love Jessica Zafra, I have all her books! hehe

check out http://jessicarulestheuniverse.com