COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Social benefits with church membership, what do you think about that?

susmariosepsusmariosep Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
This topic should be of interest to us all who are keen to gain social benefits in life, like a sense of belonging in a group and obtaining benefits thereby, but also contributing to the group.

Right now I have the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) in mind, and also the church of Quiboloy in Davao - what is the name of this community of Quiboloy?

Wait, I will look it up.

Here is the title of Quiboloy's church website:
[center-hidden]
The Kingdom of Jesus Christ The Name Above Every Name

KJC Compound Phil-Japan Friendship Hi-way, Davao City Philippines

Copyright © 2016 • All rights reserved.
Kingdom Nation
[/center-hidden]

http://www.kingdomofjesuschrist.org/

I guess we can just call Quiboloy's church with these three letters: KJC. for the present.

Now this group just comes to mind, namely, the Ang Dating Daan, which I think has also social benefits for its members.

Why am I interested in this topic, social benefits with church membership?

Because I care for social benefits.

What about you guys here who are into discussion about religious topics?

Paging INC folks here, please contribute to this thread, basically with telling us about the social benefits of church membership in the INC - honestly I like to know about it for I care for social benefits.

About the KJC, the social benefit seems to be very conspicuous, when we witness that many young folks are enjoying the social benefit of living in the KJC compound in Davao City.

And what about the members of the Ang Dating Daan?

I guess they must have good social benefits, otherwise why would they join the Ang Dating Daan church - let's call it ADD.

What social benefits do I look forward to?

To be down to earth honest and frank, I like to enjoy the benefit of social housing, what about that?

But do these three churches really provide social housing to their members?

In regard to the INC, from stock knowledge, I seem to read and hear time and again that the INC are into housing projects for their members, and also employment.

What should people be keen on in society, if not first and foremost: housing and employment?

Dear colleagues here, when you contribute to this thread, please try to mention social benefits from the church you know about.

That is what I like to know, what churches give the best social services to their members.

Happy posting, everyone!

Comments

• sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    If you are single who have very few friends, church membership would definitely give you the social interactions and relationships you are craving for.
  • KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    First of all, define "social benefits". The fact that we INC believe that we will be saved come judgment day is ENOUGH benefit :)

BUT FEEL FREE TO CHECK: incmedia.org Lahat ng gawain ng INC ay makikita dyan. Sa Youtube, INCmedia at INCTV. Meron din sa Facebook.

www.incmedia.org

INCTV Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt-iEGXzoeQLLZJ9DjN6k8Q
  • susmariosepsusmariosep Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    That's very good.

But you are not answering the question because even with a family and home of your own, there are still social benefits which we would care to enjoy, with church membership.

Or you deny that people join up with a church for social benefits? of course they are also after spiritual benefits, which spiritual benefits are also to be obtained in a social context.

Now, it is my submission that we can do better in regard to social benefits, by learning from how churches establish social benefits, in particular even for people with family and their own home, there is still social housing benefit to be aspired after.

Why?

Because social housing is more affordable than shall we call it, non-social housing?

There are so many of our countrymen who are living in homes and with their family, but they are squatters, or what are called in the correct political words, informal settlers.

These are the people who can appreciate and welcome social housing.

I think that is what Vice President Robredo is into, and she can learn a few lessons from churches which make available social housing to their members.
    That's very good, I refer to the post of Sophion.
    That's very good.

But you are not answering the question because even with a family and home of your own, there are still social benefits which we would care to enjoy, with church membership.
    depends. yes sometimes even if you have a wife and kids you might still enjoy the social benefits of church membership:

* weekly fellowships & bible study
    * religious festivals
    * charity events
    * parties

families who dont have enough friends and relatives of their own would benefit from these.

personally me and my family have more than enough social life to benefit from church membership. :)
    Here is what I find with googling these words: philippines Iglesia ni cristo and social housing, see Annex below.

Now that is one church I like to shift to, but I don't think they will accept me, because upon interviewing me, they will learn that I don't like church activities, like long worship service.

Better sign up with Vice President Robfedo.

Annex
    Google: philippines Iglesia ni cristo and social housing

About 21,900 results (0.61 seconds)

Search Results

Iglesia ni Cristo - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglesia_ni_Cristo
    Iglesia ni Cristo is an international Christian church that originated in the Philippines. It was ..... On January 23, 2015, Manalo inaugurated the livelihood and housing project. ... Along with other senior ministers which comprises the Church Economic Council (Tagalog: Lupon ng Sanggunian), the Executive Minister forms the ...

Iglesia ni Cristo opens housing, livelihood projects in Yolanda-hit ...
    www.gmanetwork.com/.../iglesia-ni-cristo-opens-housing-livelihood-pro...
    Mar 16, 2014 - Current top breaking Philippine headlines regarding the nation, ... Iglesia ni Cristo opens housing, livelihood projects in Yolanda-hit Leyte.

Robredo to replicate Iglesia housing projects - The Manila Times Online
    www.manilatimes.net › News › Nation
    Jul 18, 2016 - Vice President Leni Robredo will use housing projects of the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC or Church of Christ) as models in housing programs to be ...

Over P1B bank loans for the Iglesia ni Cristo's Philippine Arena?
    www.rappler.com/.../138609-iglesia-ni-cristo-billion-peso-bank-loan-phi...
    Jul 27, 2016 - Ang Iglesia ni Cristo ay hindi nagsasanla ng mga titulo ng lupa para ... the growing clout of homegrown Philippine church Iglesia ni Cristo .... An INC insider also said that some of the mortgaged property were housing for church ministers, ... Welcome to Rappler, a social news network where stories inspire ...

INC inaugurates sustainable resettlement community | The Good ...
    www.philstar.com/.../inc-inaugurates-sustainable-resettlement-communit...
    In February last year, Iglesia Ni Cristo brethren from all over the world walked for a cause to help ... (The Philippine Star) | Updated February 2, 2015 - 12:00am ... The community consists of 500 housing units now ready for .... Social Spotlight.

Iglesia Ni Cristo to inaugurate housing and livelihood projects for ...
    www.eaglenews.ph/iglesia-ni-cristo-to-inaugurate-housing-and-livelihoo...
    Jan 22, 2015 - (Eagle News Service) — The Iglesia Ni Cristo is scheduled to ... benefit of the survivors of the strongest typhoon on record in the Philippines.

Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church Of Christ)
    iglesianicristo.net/
    Welcome to the official website of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church Of Christ). ... faith — regardless of one's nationality, cultural background, social standing, economic status, ... INCTV-49, as well as major cable stations in the Philippines and some ...

Housing and Resettlement Projects - INCMEDIA.org
    https://incmedia.org/housing-and-resettlement-projects/
    Translate this page
    Housing and Resettlement Projects. Discover the housing and resettlement projects established throughout the history of the Iglesia Ni Cristo. Share386.

New Beginnings for Tacloban - INCMEDIA.org
    https://incmedia.org/new-beginnings-tacloban/
    Tacloban City, Philippines (March 14, 2014) – The Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) or Church Of ... Not only will this project provide housing for thousands of those left ...

Iglesia Ni Cristo gives housing, livelihood to indigenous tribes in ...
    ▶ 0:56
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EySlF3qNqVE
    Nov 9, 2015 - Uploaded by EagleNews PH
    Iglesia Ni Cristo Executive Minister Bro. Eduardo V. Manalo inaugurated the housing project provided ...

Searches related to philippines Iglesia ni cristo and social housing

iglesia ni cristo history
    iglesia ni cristo beliefs
    iglesia ni cristo directory
    iglesia ni cristo website
    iglesia ni cristo songs
    iglesia ni cristo doctrines
    iglesia ni cristo debate
    iglesia ni cristo news
    Next
    Now that is one church I like to shift to, but I don't think they will accept me, because upon interviewing me, they will learn that I don't like church activities, like long worship service.
    back when i was a born again christian there was this one dude who enjoyed all the benefits of church membership without paying any price. he only comes in when there are festivities and parties. totally walang pakisama. did not even give 1 centavo to the church coffers. a real ChrisTiyan :lol:

is that what you are? ;)
  • alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Religion is personal. kaya pumapapel ang pera sa relihiyon kasi social social daw. syempre pag social, nanjan yung business business.
    Ito ang sabi sa biblia:

Matthew 6:31 Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans pursue all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.…

SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD. Ang Kingdom of God ay ang iglesia. Kapag ikaw ay napasok sa tunay na iglesia, ang mga bagay na kailangan mo para mabuhay ay ibibigay ng Diyos sa ayo, you don't have to worry, sabi.

Ang masasabi ko lang sa INC, bagama't karamihan sa aming mga miembro ay mahihirap lamang, WALANG NAMAMALIMOS sapagka't hindi kami pinababayaan ng Diyos.

Ito ang sabi ni King David:

Psalm 37:25
    New International Version
    I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

AT ALAM NAMAN NATIN KUNG NASAAN YUNG MGA PULUBING NAMAMALIMOS DI BA? :D

Ang INC ay hindi iglesia na papasukan mo para sa mga materyal na bagay. Pumapasok ka sa INC dahil hinahanap mo ang Diyos, gusto mong mabilang sa katawan ni Cristo, ang iglesia, na siyang maliligtas sa araw ng paghuhukom. Hindi ka papasok dito para makinabang sa "social benefits" na sinasabi mo.

Ang INC ay napakarami nang natulungan, yung mga pinakamahihirap sa bansa natin at maging sa buong mundo. Ang natulungan ay mga miembro at hindi miembro ng iglesia.

Nagkaroon ng mga pabahay, patrabaho at eco-farming na tumulong sa mga indigenous people at mga biktima ng mga disaster na kagaya ng bagyong Yolanda.

Iglesia Ni Cristo gives housing, livelihood to indigenous tribes in Camarines Norte
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EySlF3qNqVE

Kabihug tribe experiences increase in standard in living
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XOuRQuV_s&t=26s

Housing and Eco Farming Community Project for B'laan Tribe in Danlag, South Cotabato
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDmjS56KfWo&t=501s

Lingap sa Mamamayan sa mga Katutubo o Lumad sa South Cotabato | Church News Special Report
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IjnYXFgS6Y&t=1226s

Self Sustainable Community Resettlement Project Sitio New Era, Bgy. Alang-alang, Leyte
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6X-63mwtng

Super-typhoon victims express happiness in receiving new homes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpfDpmOf65I

Marami pang eco-farming sites sa Pilipinas na tumutulong para bigyan ng trabaho ang maraming mahihirap na kapatid at hindi kapatid sa Iglesia

Sa ngayon, ang pinatutuunan ng pansin ay ang mga kapatid at mga tribu sa Africa na magkaroon din ng ganitong self-sustainable communities.
  • Emilio BonifacioEmilio Bonifacio Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Try to look at the bigger picture, observe and compare the INC to the other groups who have been in existence far longer than the INC.

As describe by an editorial write up,... "The INC stands out like a rock of sobriety, unity and nationalism amid the political, and economic turbulence shaking the country today. ..." Editorial, "Iglesia ni Cristo's Executive Minister Erano G. Manalo mark his 76th birth anniversary," Manila Bulletin,January 2, 2001

hear some words of outsiders, speaking about the INC's social significance

"'The Iglesia Ni Cristo has indeed set a good example to other church groups and non-government organizations extending assistance to our brothers and sisters in war-torn places Mindanao,' [Bess] Masangkay, who is also the president of the Quota International of Las Pinas, an NGO known for its various socio-civic services in cities of Muntinlupa and Las Pinas, further stressed."

"INC's Mindanao mission supported," Manila Bulletin, July 28, 2000

“Beyond ministering to the spiritual well-being of its members, the lglesia ni Cristo epitomizes and compassion concern even for those outside its fold."

"The Iglesia ni Cristo in Century" Philippines Free Press: 1900-2000 The Philippine Century, pp. 214-215

"Yet for all its magnificent temples and imposing edifices and other signs of material wealth, the Iglesia has remained faithful to its mission as the church of the poor. ... its deeds in improving the life of its followers, spiritual and physical, are indelible tracks in Philippine religious movements."

Villanueva, Robert C. "A Church In Every Valley," Philippines Free Press, July 30,1994

The material wealth and social benefits we enjoy being members of INC are just secondary.

Sa mga INC members, meron kaming pagkakaintidan... "Only true "tupa" knows"... this I think is the kind of mindset that separates INC members, their thoughts and actions from what is perceived as the general norms.

We don't aspire for worldly material wealth dahil mas higit pa doon ang kayamanan nakalaan sa amin pagdating ng araw ng paghuhukom. Mahirap man ang mga members pero napakayaman naman sa pananampalataya.

Subalit ang Iglesia Ni Cristo ay napakayaman dahil ito ay sa DIYOS. At lalo pa itong magiging mayaman at makapangyarihan dahil isa ito sa mga magiging patotoo para magampanan ng Iglesia ang kaniyang palatuntunan, ang ipangaral sa buong mundo ang ebanghelyo ng dakilang lumikha.
    I am not advocating church membership in order to enjoy social benefits.

My idea is that people who are keen on helping the heop, like in the housing problem, they can look to churches which are doing well with helping their members get a decent dwelling, instead of squatting.

And there are other social benefits of course with churches which are into social concerns i.e. making people socially relevant and contributing to society, that means being useful citizens.

Now, I will study how the INC helps the victims of Yolanda typhoon, it seems the INC is doing much better than the government.

And there is the item about Vice President Robredo doing the same thing as the INC, for the victims of Yolanda.

With the community fo Quiboloy, that is something else for examination; for I am always curious what the young people there have for plans on their future - some of them have been with Quiboloy, I imagine, for over ten years.

Don't these kids ever think about their future?

Back to INC.
    Robredo to replicate Iglesia housing projects - The Manila Times Online
    www.manilatimes.net › News › Nation
    Jul 18, 2016 - Vice President Leni Robredo will use housing projects of the Iglesia ni Cristo (INC or Church of Christ) as models in housing programs to be ...

Now that the Vice President has resigned from Du30's cabinet or been ousted, what is going to happen to the housing projects she has started?

What I know about government people is that once they get into a job, they will discontinue the works of their predecessors and start with something new and different or just neglect altogether the erstwhile ongoing projects of the previous office-holders.
  • Emilio BonifacioEmilio Bonifacio Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I am not advocating church membership in order to enjoy social benefits.

My idea is that people who are keen on helping the heop, like in the housing problem, they can look to churches which are doing well with helping their members get a decent dwelling, instead of squatting.

And there are other social benefits of course with churches which are into social concerns i.e. making people socially relevant and contributing to society, that means being useful citizens.

Now, I will study how the INC helps the victims of Yolanda typhoon, it seems the INC is doing much better than the government.

And there is the item about Vice President Robredo doing the same thing as the INC, for the victims of Yolanda.

With the community fo Quiboloy, that is something else for examination; for I am always curious what the young people there have for plans on their future - some of them have been with Quiboloy, I imagine, for over ten years.

Don't these kids ever think about their future?

Back to INC.

Now that the Vice President has resigned from Du30's cabinet or been ousted, what is going to happen to the housing projects she has started?

What I know about government people is that once they get into a job, they will discontinue the works of their predecessors and start with something new and different or just neglect altogether the erstwhile ongoing projects of the previous office-holders.

If the government can indeed replicate what INC does in it's housing/resettlement and Eco-farming sites then that will be a big boost to the country's anti-poverty efforts.

As of now, no government housing/resettlement projects had the same Holestic approach as the INC wherein settlers were not only provided housing but also complete and self-sustaining communities, complete package ika nga, may trabaho at may pinagkakitaan para sa pang araw araw na pangangailangan. This was made possible through the INC's Eco-farming projects setup along resettlement sites, the INC provided the following:

1. Farmlands and farming equipments for planting of imported rice varieties, imported fruit bearing trees, vegetables and cultured mushrooms.
    2. Dried Fish Factory
    3. Garments Factory
    4. Farm to market vehicles

Contrast these to the government sponsored resettlements, example: Trece Martires, Cavite,. karamihan mga squatters inilipat doon, pero makalaunan bumabalik lang din sa Manila dahil wala rin naman mapagkakitaan, others resorted to petty crimes to survive.

The INC does all these without expecting anything in return, it only admonishes those afforded with these blessing to live the Christian life so to speak. Violations to Church rules and doctrines for example, will mean expulsion from the Church and the forfeiture of their right of abode at the INC resettlement sites.
    If the government can indeed replicate what INC does in it's housing/resettlement and Eco-farming sites then that will be a big boost to the country's anti-poverty efforts.
    what anti-poverty? kidlat just said that most INC members are poor!
    sophion wrote: »
    what anti-poverty? kidlat just said that most INC members are poor!

We are poor but most people are even poorer to the point that they are hopeless. While we have hope and we can still stand on our two feet :D

We lack money and other material things while others do not have anything!
    We are poor but most people are even poorer to the point that they are hopeless. While we have hope and we can still stand on our two feet :D

We lack money and other material things while others do not have anything!

i'm sure most filipinos would still like to rise above INC's level of poverty. ;)
    i'm sure most filipinos would still like to rise above INC's level of poverty. ;)

Pumunta ka na lang sa Youtube at tingnan mo ang itsura ng mga INC members at mga RCC or other protestant members. Makikita mo na kaagad ang diperensya :D
    Pumunta ka na lang sa Youtube at tingnan mo ang itsura ng mga INC members at mga RCC or other protestant members. Makikita mo na kaagad ang diperensya :D

no need, I know a few inc families dito sa gta. at mas mahihirap nga sila sa mga kilala kong catholics and protestants.
    no need, I know a few inc families dito sa gta. at mas mahihirap nga sila sa mga kilala kong catholics and protestants.

Nakalimutan ko na tagadito ka nga pala sa GTA, lol!

Gusto ko lang makita mo in comparison ang attendees ng RCC mass at INC worship service:

Ito sa RCC:
    Misa Nazareno Sunday TV Mass September 11, 2016 (sa medyo bandang huli makikita ang mga attendees)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMEcCekw_os

Ito sa INC:

NET25 - Ang Pagsamba sa Iglesia Ni Cristo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tQHmFn-sls

Gusto ko lang sabihin mo, yung totoo ha, nakikita bang "mas mahihirap" ang mga miembro ng inc kesa miembro ng RCC?
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    social benefits in a congregation only comes if you become a very very active and prominent member doing clergy activities because you become noticeable. there is social activities in a mass.

unlike in born again and evangelical congregation were they encourage social interaction.

kaya nga malakas ang networking diyan.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file