COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Angels - what are they for?

sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Angels daw are messengers, servants and slaves of God. At sandamakmak daw ang anghel. So what do they do for God? Its not like God needs anything. And God has been inactive the last 2000 years. So what are angels for? :naughty:

baka kaya nagrebelde si satanas and half the angels in heaven kasi wala silang magawa sa buhay! :lol:

Comments

• JagonJagon Don't listen to me PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    INC has an alleged angel, why don't you ask them :D
  • TrollmeisterTrollmeister B?nned for trolling PEX PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Felix Manalo is the Angel of the Last Times................................. daw!
  • KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kagaya ng maka-ilang milyong beses ko nang sinabi :lol: si FYM ay symbolized as an "angel" sa ilang bible verses.

Ang salitang "angel" ay tumutukoy sa gawain o trabaho ng isang maka-Diyos na nilalang. Tama ang pagkaka-define ng RCC Cathecism sa salitang "angel":

329 St. Augustine says: "'Angel' is the name of their office, not of their nature. If you seek the name of their nature, it is 'spirit'; if you seek the name of their office, it is 'angel': from what they are, 'spirit', from what they do, 'angel.'"188 With their whole beings the angels are servants and messengers of God. Because they "always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven" they are the "mighty ones who do his word, hearkening to the voice of his word".
    http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p5.htm

Also here:

“They are called ‘Angels,’ from a Greek word which means messenger. The word ‘Angel,’ therefore, does not express the nature of these spirits, but rather the offices…” (Crock, Clement H., Discourses on the Apostles’ Creed, p. 72.)

Kaya naman sa biblia, ang ilang TAO ay tinawag na "angel" kagaya ni John the Baptist:

Matthew 11:7-10
    Douay-Rheims
    “And when they went their way, Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John: What went you out into the desert to see? a reed shaken with the wind?
    “But what went you out to see? a man clothed in soft garments? Behold they that are clothed in soft garments, are in the houses of kings.
    “But what went you out to see? a prophet? yea I tell you, and more than a prophet.
    “For this is he of whom it is written: Behold I send my angel before thy face, who shall prepare thy way before thee.”

The Book of Revelation also used the word “angel” referring to human beings:

“To the angel of the church of Ephesus write, 'These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands.” (Revelation 2:1, NKJV)

The “seven angels of the church” mentioned by Revelation are also those mentioned as the “seven stars”:

“He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
    “Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.” (Revelation 1:16,19-20, NKJV)

The “angels of the church” are the pastors or bishops of the seven churches that were likened to “stars.” The “wise” or those who turn many to righteousness are likened to stars:

“Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.” (Daniel 12:3, NKJV)

Even Catholic authorities testify that the “angel of the church” mentioned in Revelation 2:1 indeed referring to the “bishop of the church”:

“Angel: the guardian angel of the Church, or the church itself, or, and this is the common view, the bishop of the church. If St. John addresses the vishops, he regrads them as the incarnation of their respective churches.” (Footnote of Revelation 2:1, Douay-Rheims)

CONCLUSION: Si FYM na tinawag na anghel sa simbolo sa mga hula sa biblia ay tao at hindi espirituwal na "anghel". :)
  • sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kagaya ng maka-ilang milyong beses ko nang sinabi :lol: si FYM ay symbolized as an "angel" sa ilang bible verses.

Ang salitang "angel" ay tumutukoy sa gawain o trabaho ng isang maka-Diyos na nilalang. Tama ang pagkaka-define ng RCC Cathecism sa salitang "angel":
    eh paano iyung spirit angels. anong trabaho nila? may trabaho bang kelangang gawin sa langit?
    sophion wrote: »
    eh paano iyung spirit angels. anong trabaho nila? may trabaho bang kelangang gawin sa langit?

Here is an interesting link:
    http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t005.html

I, personally, believe in most of what's written there :D

Kung tamad kayong basahin ang link, heto ang silbi ng angels:

We don’t know whether every angel carries out the same tasks, or whether some of them specialize in certain areas. The Bible does speak about classes of angelic beings like cherubim (Ezekiel 1) and seraphim (Isaiah 6).

We also know the names of two notable angels: Michael (Daniel 10:13; Jude 9) and Gabriel (Daniel 9:21; Luke 1:19,26). The unnamed angels who appear most often in Scripture carry out a variety of tasks—all designed to serve God…

Worship and praise

This is the main activity portrayed in heaven (Isaiah 6:1-3; Revelation 4-5). Messengers—They serve as messengers to communicate God’s will to men. They helped reveal the law to Moses (Acts 7:52-53), and served as the carriers of much of the material in Daniel, and Revelation.

Guiding

Angels gave instructions to Joseph about the birth of Jesus (Matthew 1-2), to the women at the tomb, to Philip (Acts 8:26), and to Cornelius (Acts 10:1-8).

Providing

God has used angels to provide physical needs such as food for Hagar (Genesis 21:17-20), Elijah (1 Kings 19:6), and Christ after His temptation (Matthew 4:11).

Protecting

Keeping God’s people out of physical danger, as in the cases of Daniel and the lions, and his three friends in the fiery furnace (Daniel 3 and 6).

Delivering

Getting God’s people out of danger once they’re in it. Angels released the apostles from prison in Acts 5, and repeated the process for Peter in Acts 12.

Strengthening and encouraging

Angels strengthened Jesus after His temptation (Matt 4:11), encouraged the apostles to keep preaching after releasing them from prison (Acts 5:19-20), and told Paul that everyone on his ship would survive the impending shipwreck (Acts 27:23-25).

Answering prayer for God

God often uses angels as His means of answering the prayers of His people (Daniel 9:20-24; 10:10-12; Acts 12:1-17).

Caring for believers at the moment of death

In the story of Lazarus and the rich man, we read that angels carried the spirit of Lazarus to “Abraham’s bosom” when he died (Luke 16:22). Author: Dr. John Bechtle.

Executioners

Angels are sometimes used by God to punish sin. An angel of the Lord went forth and smote an Assyrian camp (2 Kings 19:20-34)—“behold, they were all dead corpses.” The Assyrian army was annihilated. A destroying angel was sent, but later withheld, to punish David for his vanity in taking a census of the great number of his people. At the time of Moses and the Exodus, the Egyptian firstborn where killed by an angel of death.

Read more at: http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t005.html
    Here is an interesting link:
    http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t005.html

I, personally, believe in most of what's written there :D

since wala na si god sa earth eh di wala nang magawa mga angels for the last 2000 years but to worship god. tama ba?
    since wala na si god sa earth eh di wala nang magawa mga angels for the last 2000 years but to worship god. tama ba?

Sinong God ang "wala sa earth" eh omnipresent at omnipotent ang tunay na Diyos at yan ay ang Ama! Kung ang tinutukoy mong "God" ay si Cristo, first of all, hindi Siya God. Second of all ito ang sabi tungkol sa Kanya:

Matthew 28:17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him, but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,…

Si Cristo ang ULO ng Iglesia at Siya ang ulo ng lahat ng bagay sa lupa, langit at ilalim ng lupa:

John 3:35
    The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands.

John 17:2
    For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him.

Matthew 11:17
    New International Version
    "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

TAYO NGA EH, nagsasabing "busy" tayo, ano ba lang ang ginagawa natin? :lol:
    Sinong God ang "wala sa earth" eh omnipresent at omnipotent ang tunay na Diyos at yan ay ang Ama! Kung ang tinutukoy mong "God" ay si Cristo, first of all, hindi Siya God. Second of all ito ang sabi tungkol sa Kanya:
    omnipresent nga tulog naman! tignan mo miski sipain ko di magising! :lol:

god is inactive and angel activity on earth is completely non-existent. kaya nagtutuwad mga anghel sa heaven ngayon worshipping god every second, 24 hours a day. right?
    omnipresent nga tulog naman! tignan mo miski sipain ko di magising! :lol:

god is inactive and angel activity on earth is completely non-existent. kaya nagtutuwad mga anghel sa heaven ngayon worshipping god every second, 24 hours a day. right?

Opinion mo lang yan kasi nga foolish unbeliever ka! :lol: Mag-ingat ka baka ikaw ang "sipain"! :rotflmao:
    Opinion mo lang yan kasi nga foolish unbeliever ka! :lol: Mag-ingat ka baka ikaw ang "sipain"! :rotflmao:

ok nga na sumipa pabalik si god para naman maramdaman kong may dios nga! heto sisipain ko ulit....."god sipain kita ha huwag kang mapipikon!"....hayyaaaaaa! SIPA! heto sipain ko ulit....!!!!!

....wala eh. tulog nga yata talaga si lord. :lol:
    ok nga na sumipa pabalik si god para naman maramdaman kong may dios nga! heto sisipain ko ulit....."god sipain kita ha huwag kang mapipikon!"....hayyaaaaaa! SIPA! heto sipain ko ulit....!!!!!

....wala eh. tulog nga yata talaga si lord. :lol:

Proverbs 28:14
    How blessed is the man who fears always, But he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity.

Psalm 103:17
    But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—

Ecclesiastes 12:13 - Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

Proverbs 14:26 - In the fear of the LORD [is] strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Job 28:28 - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that [is] wisdom; and to depart from evil [is] understanding.

Psalms 33:8 - Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

STOP BEING AN UNBELIEVER AND FOOLISH, my friend!

Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
    Alam mo, I pray to God that He show you His truth by letting you experience a positive miracle, hindi yung "sipain" ka Nya! :)

At sana kilalanin mo ito, otherwise, lalo Niyang patitigasin ang puso mo kung kaya ikaw at lahat ng iyong minamahal ay matutupok na lahat nang walang katapusan sa dagat-dagatang apoy! At matatandaan mo itong usapan nating ito at magsisisi ka nang walang hanggan! ;)
  • alchemistofophiralchemistofophir Christian Communist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    inaapi nila si angel manalo. lagot sila kay Lord.
    Alam mo, I pray to God that He show you His truth by letting you experience a positive miracle, hindi yung "sipain" ka Nya! :)

At sana kilalanin mo ito, otherwise, lalo Niyang patitigasin ang puso mo kung kaya ikaw at lahat ng iyong minamahal ay matutupok na lahat nang walang katapusan sa dagat-dagatang apoy! At matatandaan mo itong usapan nating ito at magsisisi ka nang walang hanggan! ;)

do you honestly believe i deserve to be tortured forever for not believing in a story? :rolleyes:
  • almario38almario38 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Guys, beware of the angels posted/introduced here in RoT.

gal 1:8, 9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
  • TrollmeisterTrollmeister B?nned for trolling PEX PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    meron pa lang Anghel Manalo na nagpakasarap sa mundo :lol:
  • maximus2349maximus2349 Member PExer
    Serious question, diba INC believes complete apostasy. So nung time na yun nawala lahat ng mga angel kasi tumalikod at nawalan ng guidance at protection? Kasi based dun sa definition mo angel's purpose is to guiding, providing etc?
  • almario38almario38 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    meron pa lang Anghel Manalo na nagpakasarap sa mundo :lol:
    2 cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
  • susmariosepsusmariosep Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Dear posters here, please let us talk about the big division of beings, which is into physical beings and spiritual beings.

We are all physical beings, so also the earth and the whole universe as studied by scientists.

So, there, we know what are physical beings, they have size and weight and mass and they are bound to space and time; is that all right with everyone here?

What about the existence of spiritual beings or spirits?

From my stock knowledge, spirits are beings which exist without size, weight, mass, and what about space and time, do they also exist outside space and time?

Allow me to bring up examples of spirits:

God is a spirit, and I understand God to be in concept from my part, as first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

Next, angels are also spirits.

Now, angels are of two kinds basically, namely: good ones and bad ones; angels as such named, angels, they are understood as good ones, while the bad ones are called devils.

What about demons?

They are also from my stock knowledge, like bad angels.

Now, here is the spirit that is a part of our existence and life as human beings, namely, the soul that is the spiritual part of our existence and life.

From stock knowledge, when we die in our body, the soul continues to exist.

So, the big question we should ask first, is Do spirits exist? before we even talk about what angels do at all.

And I have not answered my own question, Are angels subject to time and space?

From stock knowledge, not with God, in concept from my part, God is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning.

What do you say, guys here, shall we first talk about the existence or non-existence of spirits?
    ^ angels have no mass, ok. so what are they for? what have they been doing all this time?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file