COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Is the bible the word of God?

FrigidFrigid Member PEx Rookie ⭐
If I am getting this right

some say that even if the bible is compiled by humans, but because these humans who compiled the bible were guided by the holy spirit or was compiled through some divine intervention, then the bible could not have undergone some corruption and therefore bible is the word of god

on the other hand, some say that the bible is compiled by humans thus making it prone to corruption and the best anyone can do is to the best of their ability use a combination of logical reasoning, textual criticism, fact finding regarding the real existence of personalities, events and places in the bible by using history and science, confidence in the accuracy of the bible, and divine intervention and all of this in the hopes that truth and corruption in the bible can be distinguished from each other

so which one is the correct way to read the bible?

Comments

• KidlatNgayonKidlatNgayon Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Frigid wrote: »
    If I am getting this right

some say that even if the bible is compiled by humans, but because these humans who compiled the bible were guided by the holy spirit or was compiled through some divine intervention, then the bible could not have undergone some corruption and therefore bible is the word of god

THE BIBLE consists of sixty-six (66) books and written by more than forty (40) men including the Prophet Moses, the King David and the Apostle Paul. However, because the books of the Bible were written by men, others immediately dismissed the Bible as the word of God. They asked, “How can the Bible be the word of God if it is written only by men?” Thus, they dismissed the Bible as a “sacred text” and see it only as a human text that can be analyzed and criticized like any other literary works.

THEY WERE COMMANDED BY GOD TO WRITE HIS WORDS

Not because the biblical books were written by men it does not necessarily means that the Bible is not God’s word, not a “sacred text.” These men wrote God’s words because God commanded them to do so. Jeremiah wrote the biblical book “Jeremiah” because God ordered Him to do so:

“This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you.” (Jeremiah 30:2 NIV)

Even in the Christian era, the apostles like Apostle John, were commanded by God to write His words:

“I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.” (Revelation 1:9-11 NKJV)

Thus, the biblical books were written by men whom God commissioned to do so. What they wrote is God’s words, “'Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you.”

It is like a letter which the president ordered his secretary to write. Technically, it is written by the secretary, but it does not necessarily means that the letter is not from the president.

The prophets and the apostles wrote the biblical books because God commanded them to do so.

on the other hand, some say that the bible is compiled by humans thus making it prone to corruption and the best anyone can do is to the best of their ability use a combination of logical reasoning, textual criticism, fact finding regarding the real existence of personalities, events and places in the bible by using history and science, confidence in the accuracy of the bible, and divine intervention and all of this in the hopes that truth and corruption in the bible can be distinguished from each other

Na-corrupt lang yan nang i-compile o i-cannonize ng RCC dahil marami silang tinanggal :) They removed some books and this is their reason why:

21 reasons why the Apocrypha is not inspired:
    http://www.bible.ca/catholic-apocrypha.htm

Corruption also comes from wrong translations. Maraming translators ang nag-insist na baguhin ang ilang verses to cater to their own beliefs and doctrines. They did not translate the bible literally or at least close to the literal translation of the writings. :D

Kaya kami sa INC, we use ALL AVAILABLE TRANSLATIONS to compare. Kasi nakikita naman pag mali ang translation sa isang verse sa isang particular version. Kung nagko-conflict ang verse sa ibang verse(s) sa mismong version ng biblia ding iyon.
    so which one is the correct way to read the bible?

You should not read the bible on your own until you have heard the words of God from those He SENT:

Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14 How then can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

INC doctrine is based on all teachings of God in the Holy Scriptures delivered by HIS MESSENGER (the one God sent in these last days). We believe and uphold the doctrine of Bro. Felix Manalo as the Last messenger (or sent by God) in these last days.
  • FrigidFrigid Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Na-corrupt lang yan nang i-compile o i-cannonize ng RCC dahil marami silang tinanggal :) They removed some books and this is their reason why:

21 reasons why the Apocrypha is not inspired:

Corruption also comes from wrong translations. Maraming translators ang nag-insist na baguhin ang ilang verses to cater to their own beliefs and doctrines. They did not translate the bible literally or at least close to the literal translation of the writings. :D

Kaya kami sa INC, we use ALL AVAILABLE TRANSLATIONS to compare. Kasi nakikita naman pag mali ang translation sa isang verse sa isang particular version. Kung nagko-conflict ang verse sa ibang verse(s) sa mismong version ng biblia ding iyon.

Are there words of god or message of god (i use the message of the president analogy) that is outside of the bible?
    Are there words of god or message of god (i use the message of the president analogy) that is outside of the bible?

We in INC believe that all of the true words of God are ONLY WRITTEN in the Holy Scriptures which we know today as The Bible. Outside of this are mere human teachings.
    We in INC believe that all of the true words of God are ONLY WRITTEN in the Holy Scriptures which we know today as The Bible. Outside of this are mere human teachings.

Nagtataka ako doon sa sentence mo na sabi
    Na-corrupt lang yan nang i-compile o i-cannonize ng RCC dahil marami silang tinanggal

ano ba ang ibig sabihin nito? yung pagtanggal ng extra parts ay a form of corruption? yun ba yon?
    Nagtataka ako doon sa sentence mo na sabi

ano ba ang ibig sabihin nito? yung pagtanggal ng extra parts ay a form of corruption? yun ba yon?

Well, tinanggal nila dahil may reason sila for doing this. Maraming nasusulat doon sa mga tinanggal nila na hindi ayon sa doktrina nila. Isa na ang MALINAW na pagiging tao ni Cristo at hindi Niya pagiging Diyos. Marami pang iba. I cannot tell you everything, find out for yourself.
  • sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Na-corrupt lang yan nang i-compile o i-cannonize ng RCC dahil marami silang tinanggal :)

what about iyung sinasabi mong tinanggal ng catholics, where are they? they should be the "words of god" too, right? :naughty:
    Well, tinanggal nila dahil may reason sila for doing this. Maraming nasusulat doon sa mga tinanggal nila na hindi ayon sa doktrina nila. Isa na ang MALINAW na pagiging tao ni Cristo at hindi Niya pagiging Diyos. Marami pang iba. I cannot tell you everything, find out for yourself.

pabor ka ba sa pagtanggal ng ilang parte dahil "Maraming nasusulat doon sa mga tinanggal nila na hindi ayon sa doktrina nila."
    sophion wrote: »
    what about iyung sinasabi mong tinanggal ng catholics, where are they? they should be the "words of god" too, right? :naughty:

They are still around, they are called the Apocrypha:

A·poc·ry·pha
    əˈpäkrəfə/
    noun
    singular proper noun: Apocrypha
    - biblical or related writings not forming part of the accepted canon of Scripture.
    - writings or reports not considered genuine. < This because RCC said so
    plural noun: apocrypha

Read this:
    They are still around, they are called the Apocrypha:

A·poc·ry·pha
    əˈpäkrəfə/
    noun
    singular proper noun: Apocrypha
    - biblical or related writings not forming part of the accepted canon of Scripture.
    - writings or reports not considered genuine. < This because RCC said so
    plural noun: apocrypha

Read this:

naniniwala ang INC sa apocrypha? the catholic bible have them. protestant bible ang walang apocrypha, sila ang nagtanggal.
    pabor ka ba sa pagtanggal ng ilang parte dahil "Maraming nasusulat doon sa mga tinanggal nila na hindi ayon sa doktrina nila."

Hindi ako pabor pero kahit natanggal ang mga iyan ay buo pa rin ang katotohanan sa biblia. Merong references sa mga yan ang biblia. :) Besides, kahit may mga maling translations sa ilang verse sa isang version ng biblia, kinokontra naman ito ng ilang verses sa version na yon mismo. Kaya kailangan tingnan mo rin ang ibang versions ng biblia, and they will make sense kung iminulat na ng Diyos ang iyong isipan sa katotohanan.

Luke 24:45
    New International Version
    Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
    naniniwala ang INC sa apocrypha? the catholic bible have them. protestant bible ang walang apocrypha, sila ang nagtanggal.

The bible is the bible. Kahit pa na-corrupt na ay naroroon pa rin ang essential teachings na kakailanganin para sa kaligtasan. Anyways sinabi naman:

1 Corinthians 4:6
    International Standard Version
    Brothers, I have applied all this to Apollos and myself for your benefit, so that you may learn from us not to go beyond what the Scriptures say. Then you will stop boasting about one person at the expense of another.

Ang importante, masunod ng tao ang lahat ng requirements for salvation na madadali lang :)
    The bible is the bible. Kahit pa na-corrupt na ay naroroon pa rin ang essential teachings na kakailanganin para sa kaligtasan.

purgatory is an essential teaching in both judaism and catholicism. and the book of maccabees support this doctrine.

so bakit inc di naniniwala sa purgatory eh naniniwala naman pala kayo sa apocrypha.
    purgatory is an essential teaching in both judaism and catholicism. and the book of maccabees support this doctrine.

so bakit inc di naniniwala sa purgatory eh naniniwala naman pala kayo sa apocrypha.

Essential sa kanila pero WALA sa BIBLIA. Anyways pareho namang hindi ligtas na ang dalawang yan. Ang mga Hudyo ay hindi naniniwala kay Cristo kaya tinalikuran na sila ng Diyos. Ang RCC ay talagang palalong naniniwala kay Cristo pero sa kasinungalingang ginawa nila. ;)

Nasan sa Apocrypha, baka pati yun ay kinorap na rin :lol:
    The Bible does not mention the exact word “purgatory,” but instead it makes reference to a place which can be understood as what is referred to as purgatory. To claim that purgatory does not exist because the exact word does not appear in Scripture is a failure to understand Scripture.

http://www.aboutcatholics.com/beliefs/where-is-purgatory-in-the-bible/

Paano naging 'ESSENTIAL" yan? :lol: :rotflmao:
    Essential sa kanila pero WALA sa BIBLIA. Anyways pareho namang hindi ligtas na ang dalawang yan. Ang mga Hudyo ay hindi naniniwala kay Cristo kaya tinalikuran na sila ng Diyos. Ang RCC ay talagang palalong naniniwala kay Cristo pero sa kasinungalingang ginawa nila. ;)

Nasan sa Apocrypha, baka pati yun ay kinorap na rin :lol:

2 Maccabees 39-46

"39 On the following day, since the task had now become urgent, Judas and his men went to gather up the bodies of the slain and bury them with their kinsmen in their ancestral tombs.

40 But under the tunic of each of the dead they found amulets sacred to the idols of Jamnia, which the law forbids the Jews to wear. So it was clear to all that this was why these men had been slain.

41 They all therefore praised the ways of the Lord, the just judge who brings to light the things that are hidden.

42 Turning to supplication, they prayed that the sinful deed might be fully blotted out. The noble Judas warned the soldiers to keep themselves free from sin, for they had seen with their own eyes what had happened because of the sin of those who had fallen.

43 He then took up a collection among all his soldiers, amounting to two thousand silver drachmas, which he sent to Jerusalem to provide for an expiatory sacrifice. In doing this he acted in a very excellent and noble way, inasmuch as he had the resurrection of the dead in view;

44 for if he were not expecting the fallen to rise again, it would have been useless and foolish to pray for them in death.

45 But if he did this with a view to the splendid reward that awaits those who had gone to rest in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought.

46 Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin. "

Anyways pareho namang hindi ligtas na ang dalawang yan. Ang mga Hudyo ay hindi naniniwala kay Cristo kaya tinalikuran na sila ng Diyos.
    diba nga napagkasunduan na natin last week na kahit sino may pagaasang maligtas depende sa trip ni lord? ;)

40 Authors!

... which is why its full of contradictions, that christians cant agree what to believe on! :lol:
  • sophion wrote: »
    40 Authors!

... which is why its full of contradictions, that christians cant agree what to believe on! :lol:

Yes 40 authors, amazing diba? 40 sila pero hindi naman basura nung pinag sama sama. Try mo magpasulat ng 40 katao about isang topic at pag samasamahin mo, ewan ko lang kung ano mabuo mo.

Depends on how you look at it. The way I see it kasi, hindi lahat ng nag sasabi na Christian sila ay Christian talaga. Madaming nang gugulo, madaming nag papanggap kasi may something o force (satan) na gustong pumigil o lumalaban. At imagine? na prophesied na rin yan back hundreds of years ago na maraming mga false prophets na dadating. Dumating na kasi yung iba, nagtayo na ng sarili nilang kulto at tinatawag din nila ang sarili nilang christians.
    Yes 40 authors, amazing diba? 40 sila pero hindi naman basura nung pinag sama sama. Try mo magpasulat ng 40 katao about isang topic at pag samasamahin mo, ewan ko lang kung ano mabuo mo.
    not amazing, ITS DISGUSTING! people would prefer a single author who is direct to the point. thats why lots of people are converting to islam, even though everyone knows its a violent religion. its because of its simplicity.

doesnt it bother you that there are thousands of sects in christianty who cant agree with each other? resulta yan ng magulong biblia ninyo na halo halo ang author. kaya when you read the bible you will have to cherry pick.

diba nga napagkasunduan na natin last week na kahit sino may pagaasang maligtas depende sa trip ni lord? ;)

Pero yan ay sa mga naniniwala rin lang kay HesuKristo bilang messiah:

John 3:18
    Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Sinabi ko naman sa yo na hindi lahat ng Christian-professing religions ay maliligtas at dahil sa awa ng Diyos ay aagawin sila dyan sa mga yan para ilagay sa tunay na iglesia.

Yung mga hindi talaga naniniwala kay Cristo bilang messiah like the Jews (based on their doctrine) and atheists like you (unless na kumilala ka uli sa Kanya) ay HINDI maliligtas.

At saka yung verses sa Maccabees ay PARANG purgatoryo lang, hindi yung eksaktong purgatoryo ng mga naniniwala dito (siguro isa rin ito sa pinag-basehan ng doktrina nila and yet tinanggal ang aklat) :lol:

IN FACT ITO NGA ANG SINABI NG RCC;

The Bible does not mention the exact word “purgatory,” but instead it makes reference to a place which can be understood as what is referred to as purgatory. To claim that purgatory does not exist because the exact word does not appear in Scripture is a failure to understand Scripture.

http://www.aboutcatholics.com/belief...-in-the-bible/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file