FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Breast lump

Hello everyone. Need your advice on this. Last night while doing my breast self exam, may nafeel ako na lump sa left side ng breast ko. And everytime na ippress ko, masakit siya. So I went to the doctor earlier dahil nasstress na ko and she advised me to have a breast ultrasound pero sabi niya may schedule daw yun (5-10 days after 1st day ng period), ang concern ko dun is sobrang irregular ng mentruation ko because i have PCOS, baka months pa bago ako magkaroon. So I went right after sa ultrasound section. Ayaw nila ako tanggapin for ultrasound kasi nga may sched na sinusunod, sinabihan ko na sila na irregular ang period ko kaya baka matagalan pa eh may lump nga ako sa breast, ayaw pa din nila ako tanggapin kasi baka daw mamisdiagnose ako. Sobrang napaparanoid na ko. Last period ko, almost 5 months ang gap. I can't wait for another 5 months to have this checked out. Huhuhu. Ano po gagawin ko? I'm still in my 20s kaya i'm not advised to have a mammogram yet.

Comments

• matulis wrote: »
    The reason breast imaging is performed after menses is to avoid the petiod when inflammatory hormonal changes which may obscure the image and that it is less painful. Menstrual period has a lot of these changes. Since you are irregular and do not feel there any breast fullness yet you may have your mammography done. Just avoid the period before and after menses

Thanks for the reply po. However, my doctor does not encourage / advised me not to have a mammogram yet since I'm still too young for it daw. She told me to have an ultrasound lang. Pero ayun nga po, ayaw ako tanggapin for ultrasound kasi strict sila sa 5-10day after 1st day of period schedule. Based on my previous cycle, almost 5 months ang gap in between periods ko so it's probable that it will take me another 5 months pa before I can have my breast ultrasound kasi nagkaroon ako last november. Nung sinabi ko sa doc before pumunta sa ultrasound na pano kung hindi ako payagan iultrasound, sabi niya I have to wait. Ediba po time is of the essence when you notice something, especially a lump?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file