FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

QCinema Film Festival 2016

PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
Isa na naman post-film festival thread :glee:

Was only able to catch Ang Mananggal Sa Unit 23 B. Bullets ko na lang yung thoughts ko.
  • Most of the "manananggal" scenes are implied. You only get to see the full-on creature near the end, and boy is the special effect great, given the budget.
  • Ryza Cenon pulls off the "girl next door" cute convincingly and has great chemistry with Martin Del Rosario.
  • The use of Taken by Cars' December 2 Chapter VII is probably one of the most ill-fitting choices for a background song I've ever seen in history.
  • The grandma steals the show. Nearly all of her scenes had the entire cinema exploding in laughter. At times, I wondered if ad lib lang yung mga interplay dun like the batchoy scene.
  • Yes, as the trailer implies, cardboard justice is used by Ryza to dispose of her victims and this is played with a couple of times. Sayang though, I felt like they didn't take advantage of the joke enough considering its potential.

Sa mga nakapanood ng Purgatoryo - care to share what was the supposedly shocking ending? :glee:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file