The PEX Guide to HONG KONG [PLEASE READ PAGE 1 BEFORE ASKING]

Comments

• florenofloreno Miyembro PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rm94 wrote: »
    hi bumili na po ako ng sim card from klook and also octopus card.pero *** octopus card na nabili ko 50hkd lang *** laman. san po kaya ako pwede magpareload ng octopus card inside the airport once i touchdown hk?

also can you recommend a good hostel for a solo female first time traveler in hk? I tried booking for golden crown but no more available rooms

Reloading stations just located at the arrival section of the HKIA.

I could recommend any hostels within the Sincere House located in Argyle st. Mongkok....Particularly Dragon Hostel.

hi confirmed po ba *** 15-17 degrees for december? ill be in hk dec 1 to 3 so kelangan ba thick jackets suot ? pangwinter?kasi when i was in busan last october the temperature was 14-15 degree and halos magkasakit ako sa limit .

Di pa kailangan (for me). First week of December weather could be like baguio weather. It would really depends on your cold tolerance.

For @xyrwyn

Dec 15
    - Double check the schedule of the pool along Kowloon park. AFAIK, sarado sya during winter or my last
    winter experience sarado sya.
    - Its cool to Jog along lugard road in Victoria peak. :)

Dec 18 - Dragons Back liesure climb. :)
  • commonercommoner Honorary Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    xyrwyn wrote: »
    My itinerary trip for December 2016

Dec 14
    Arrival, Check in at Taisan Guesthouse Haiphong Branch 11:30pm

Dec 15

5am Jog, Swim at Kowloon Park, Walk to AustraliaDairyCompany for breakfast
    12nn Check out Taisan. Head to China Ferry Terminal for Macau
    3pm Check in at Parisian Macau (booked our room sa mismong site. They have Grand Opening promo. 9kphp plus when I converted.

Any local eateries for breakfast in Macau that you suggest? Kaso mukhang wala dun sa Cotai Area.

Dec 16
    12nn Depart Parisian Macao
    Take 1:30pm ferry ride to HK
    3pm Check in at Novotel Kowloon in Jordan
    5:30pm Ride Aqualuna (booked at Klook, ma try lang hehe)
    7pm onwards shopping at Harbour City. Have dinner at CitySuper food court, my favorite (I dont know why haha)
    9pm onwards walk around TST. Have a cocktail somewhere. Any suggestions? Aside from Knutsford Terraces.

Dec 17
    8am Board ferry going to Llama Island and do trekking. Spend the rest of the day at Yung Shue Wan beach (I like it there).

7pm Dinner at IFC Mall. Any personal suggestions for restaus na must try? No Tim Ho Wan basement please hehe

Dec 18

What to do morning?

12nn Grocery/Convenient Stores shopping for pasalubong Wellcome/Bestmart/Prizemart

4pm Head to Central for Peak Tram (I have a first timer with me hehe. Booking our ticket at Klook)

Dec 19

What to do?

2pm check out
    10pm Flight to Manila

@commoner Few years back pa yung Ocean Park ko, didnt like it there kaya wala ako masusuggest hehe. Actually im typing pa what else I can add pa sa advices and tips.

Instead of ADC, I suggest you go to Capital Cafe or Kam Wah instead. Or other breakfast joints in Kowloon. Sablay ng ADC. Restos: http://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong/restaurants?amenityId=1009&cuisineId=1004&districtId=2010

For local eateries in Taipa, you can either go to Taipa Village (mostly Macanese/Portugese food) or Broadway Hotel in Galaxy. They got all the famous local restos and asked them to open in Broadway, fantastic. Personal favorite, Hung's Delicacies which is originally from Hong Kong. It won't disappoint, I guarantee it.

Since nandyan ka na, might as well checkout Studio City and Wynn Palace if you have time. Though personally you can skip them since nothing special.

The only place I've tried (and I can afford) besides THW in IFC is Joel Robuchon. Ang sarap ng sandwich nila. Kain ka nalang ulit sa Kowloon pag ginutom ka uli. It was 100HKD but very worth it.

Dec 18 - Mahilig ka ba sa Daiso/Japan Home? You can check out their giant store in Mongkok which opens at 10AM. 601 Nathan Road. Tapos proceed to Prince Edward for the rest of your pasalubong shopping.

Get the Klook express pass for the Peak tram.

Last Day - Since may kasama kang first timer, early checkout tapos Ding Ding Tram from Causeway Bay to Sheung Wan or vice versa. After this, shopping or museums in TST or Nanlian Garden or Stanley. Depende sayo. 630PM head to airport, dinner at airport.
  • rm94rm94 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    ah ok . baguio weather pala. thank you po for the reply.btw ano pong name ng reloading station for octopus? or pwede rin sa kook booth magpareload? I emailed dragon hostel for reservation . hopefully i get a response from them soon
    floreno wrote: »
    Reloading stations just located at the arrival section of the HKIA.

I could recommend any hostels within the Sincere House located in Argyle st. Mongkok....Particularly Dragon Hostel.

Di pa kailangan (for me). First week of December weather could be like baguio weather. It would really depends on your cold tolerance.

For @xyrwyn

Dec 15
    - Double check the schedule of the pool along Kowloon park. AFAIK, sarado sya during winter or my last
    winter experience sarado sya.
    - Its cool to Jog along lugard road in Victoria peak. :)

Dec 18 - Dragons Back liesure climb. :)
    ah ok . baguio weather pala. thank you po for the reply.btw ano pong name ng reloading station for octopus? or pwede rin sa kook booth magpareload? I emailed dragon hostel for reservation . hopefully i get a response from them soon

You can reload the octopus at any convenient store and any MTR station through the reloading machines.

December is usually just Baguio temperature but with climate change, anything can happen. The most accurate forecasts will be known a week before your trip. Just check: http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/fnd.htm

And your tolerance to cold will also be a factor.
  • rm94rm94 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    thanks for the responses .very helpful.

btw sold out na rin pala dragon hostel and just inn .

any other recommendations? I'm looking for something that is easy to locate, accessible with mtr and safe for first timer female solo travelers .
  • popdaypopday Member PExer

any other recommendations? I'm looking for something that is easy to locate, accessible with mtr and safe for first timer female solo travelers .

Try Yiu Fai or Hao's Inn. Same building with Golden Crown. Stayed there twice, recently last Nov 2-5. Clean and accessible to MTR & Star Ferry.
    hug.yah wrote: »
    Good day po newbie here..

We will be going to Hk this Jan20-25... This will be our 3rd visit to the city pro this time we have 3kids to celebrate my son's birthday... We are planning to bring 2 light weight strollers.... Pede po ba ito i hand carry?Our arrival will be at around 10am and our flight back will be at 8am... I have read a lot from your post po sir commoner thank you so much for all the important information... Would like to ask what other ideal places can we visit aside Disneyland and Oceanpark? Ok po ba s Noah's ark and Snoopy land? I'm thinking of availing the 2day Disney pass since it's a peak season *** sulit with the long lines or just the ticket with meal... I would like to ask din po where to go in Macau na di po masyado mahaba lalakarin destinations po with free bus rides... btw, we are staying at Mia Casa hotel Kennedy po... Thank you so much and God bless

3 kids is no joke so I suggest doing the most minimal, least tiring itinerary each day.

Can't answer your question about the strollers. I'll give you 2 options for Day 1:

20 - MTR to Sheung Wan / Ding Ding Tram to Causeway Bay / Taxi to St. John's Building for Peak Tram / Bus 15 going down
    20 - MTR to Sheung Wan / Ding Ding Tram to Causeway Bay (Toys r Us then buy Pasalubong in Prizemart & Bestmart)

21 - Ocean Park
    22 - MTR to Central / Star Ferry to TST / Bus 5 or 5C to Science Museum / MTR to Snoopyworld
    (From Science Museum walk to TST East Station then MTR to Hung Hom then to Shatin)
    23 - Disneyland
    24 - Macau

Do you still want to visit Senado Square in Macau? Or just do hotel hopping? Since you have kids with you, I suggest you stick with Venetian, Parisian, Galaxy and Studio City. This way you just have to ride the free shuttles. 8AM Ferry to Taipa then shuttle to Venetian then sunod sunod na. Probably by 4PM tapos na kayo or lowbat na mga bata, take the 5PM back to Sheung Wan.
  • triszia1216triszia1216 Member PExer

Sun Ying Hostel in Sincere House, Mongkok is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Compared sa ibang hostels, malaki space ng room nila and may windows pa lahat. Mabait din yung may-ari. :)

Sa TST naman, try checking Mira Inn (Pinay caretaker) or Kung Fu Garden Hostel.
  • sayen026sayen026 twisted sunshine PExer
    Sing lamig po ba ng Baguio yung weather pag end of November?
  • april0310april0310 Member PExer
    Sir Commoner, question po. Ilan minutes po consume ang ding ding tram from Sheung Wan to Central? Thank you!
    sayen026 wrote: »
    Sing lamig po ba ng Baguio yung weather pag end of November?

Based on current weather forecasts, there will be a significant drop in temperature towards the end of November.

Baguio at its coldest, can see temperatures go down to around 10-13 degrees pero normally nasa 16-23 degrees lang which is the forecasted temperature for Hong Kong. Like what I wrote in Page 1, you don't need a jacket kung 20 and above but you need thicker clothes kung 15-18 nalang at lamigin kayo.

http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/fnd.htm
    april0310 wrote: »
    Sir Commoner, question po. Ilan minutes po consume ang ding ding tram from Sheung Wan to Central? Thank you!

Err Sheung Wan and Central are right beside each other so it depends which part of Sheung Wan and which part of Central you are referring to. At the very most, maybe 10-15mins depending on traffic, kung makabilang dulo ng 2 district ang starting at ending point niyo.

The best views are from Sheung Wan or Central to Causeway Bay. Hindi niyo maappreciate yung tram kung Sheung Wan to Central lang.
  • april0310april0310 Member PExer
    commoner wrote: »
    Based on current weather forecasts, there will be a significant drop in temperature towards the end of November.

Baguio at its coldest, can see temperatures go down to around 10-13 degrees pero normally nasa 16-23 degrees lang which is the forecasted temperature for Hong Kong. Like what I wrote in Page 1, you don't need a jacket kung 20 and above but you need thicker clothes kung 15-18 nalang at lamigin kayo.

http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/fnd.htm

Err Sheung Wan and Central are right beside each other so it depends which part of Sheung Wan and which part of Central you are referring to. At the very most, maybe 10-15mins depending on traffic, kung makabilang dulo ng 2 district ang starting at ending point niyo.

The best views are from Sheung Wan or Central to Causeway Bay. Hindi niyo maappreciate yung tram kung Sheung Wan to Central lang.

Maraming salamat po sa tip Sir! great help sa planning ng trip namin next week. God Bless po
  • ryanjamesygryanjamesyg Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hi everyone. Lapit na trip namin sa Macau/HK. 30Nov-07Dec! :)) Ask ko lang sulit ba yung Buffet Breaky with Disney Characters sa DL? Hows the experience? Also magkano ba siya talaga? Kasi sa website nakalagay parang estimate lang pero walang actual price.. Salamat!
    :alarm:ULTIMATE DING DING TRAM GUIDE :alarm:

Kung meron pa magtanong ulit tungkol dito babatukan ko na talaga.... :rotflmao:

1. Central to Causeway Bay

Take the MTR to Central then go out from Exit B, Worldwide House. On the street you will immediately see the tram stop. The label on the stop should say Pedder Street 27E. Ride any tram that says Shau Kei Wan or North Point.

2mgw6ch.jpg

When you see a giant Sogo on your left, that means you've reached Causeway Bay, get off at the next stop. OR use your Google Maps with GPS and data to find out if you have reach CWB or not. The photo right below is more or less your guide to know when to get off.

2. Causeway Bay to Central

Take the MTR to Causeway Bay then go out from Exit E or F1 then make your way to the tram stop that is labelled Patterson Street 48W. Ride any tram that says Kennedy Town or Sheung Wan.

2nak006.jpg
    Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/AabTy31mwFT2

Get off at Worldwide House, here:

oan1g2.jpg
    Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/DjWWCuMSpsM2

For those going to the Star Ferry pier afterward, this is the rough walking directions:
    https://goo.gl/maps/m42MF3KN1rP2

3. Causeway Bay to the Peak Terminus (St. John's Building)

Same instructions as above but instead of getting off at Worldwide House, you need to get off before Bank of China Tower or outside HSBC Tower then walk for around 7 minutes going to St. John's Building for the Peak Tram terminus. Use Google Maps as guide for your walking directions.

You have 2 options, either get off here (Bank of China):

30idf5w.jpg
    Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/RV6xr1CuX7m

Use this foot bridge to get to St. John's Building:
    ih5uvl.jpg

Or get off here (HSBC Tower):

10gy6q1.jpg
    Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/wS5qrUa7WGQ2
  • hug.yahhug.yah Member PExer
    Salamat po uli Sir commoner for your informative and fast response... I haven't been to Macau this will be our first time so I guess we will just do some hotel hopping with free shuttle rides *** di po nkka pagod... we are planning to go to Disney on the 23rd and Oceanpark on the 24th un po kasi request ni bday boy s oceanpark daw kme... but then again sale po entrance ni Disney until January 22 that's why torn po ako if avail k *** sale pero weekends un malamang madami tao or the 2days pass po... Thank you po uli and God bless
    Salamat po uli Sir commoner for your informative and fast response... I haven't been to Macau this will be our first time so I guess we will just do some hotel hopping with free shuttle rides *** di po nkka pagod... we are planning to go to Disney on the 23rd and Oceanpark on the 24th un po kasi request ni bday boy s oceanpark daw kme... but then again sale po entrance ni Disney until January 22 that's why torn po ako if avail k *** sale pero weekends un malamang madami tao or the 2days pass po... Thank you po uli and God bless

Kung hotel hopping lang sa Taipa like I suggested, it shouldn't be that tiring. Pero maraming tao sa Macau during weekends kaya nilagay ko siya sa weekday. Ocean Park nalang yung sacrifice kasi pwede niyo naman agahan pumunta doon tapos stay the whole day until closing. Ang Macau maalon na sa gabi.

Well kung maliliit pa mga anak mo, I guess you can settle for 2 day pass from 21-22.

If this is the case, ganito mangyayari:

20 - MTR to TST / Science Museum / Bus to Star Ferry Pier / Star Ferry to Central / Ding Ding Tram to Hotel
    21 - Disneyland
    22 - Disneyland
    23 - Ocean Park
    24 - Macau

Kung ayaw niyo mastress just skip the Science Museum tapos Ding Ding Tram nalang from Central to Causeway Bay then free time to window shop in Toys R Us.
    I think best scenario po yan itinerary n yan sir... thank you for your advice... God bless you always
    I think best scenario po yan itinerary n yan sir... thank you for your advice... God bless you always

Sorry sir pero d k *** gets why may star ferry po ng 20th then Macau on the 24th.. heheheh
    Sorry sir pero d k *** gets why may star ferry po ng 20th then Macau on the 24th.. heheheh

Those are 2 different things. Google mo.
  • blue_tracerblue_tracer soundscapes PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    commoner:

sa tagal ko nawala, lumagpas na ba ng 20 threads itong hk thread? :eek:

dapat bigyan ka na ng pex ng award dahil sa pag maintain mo sa thread. hahaha

naipon na pictures hindi ko ma-post. too busy.

floreno:

kumusta?

walang bago maliban sa malapit nang ma invade ng chow sang sang, broadway, at fortress ang buong mongkok. para na silang 7-11 bawat kanto merong shop. :rotflmao:

kwun tong line (green) hanggang whampoa na siya.

mga set lunch nagmahal na. 45-55 hkd sa fast food, 60-80 hkd naman sa restos.

ewan kung magsasara na ba itong page one. panay sale nila. ang mumura na ng books at mags.

noboss:

good choice. mas okay at safer ang ang mirador.

xyrwyn:

swim at kowloon park? indoor na 'yun by that time lamig na.

missbebz:

mas okay pag bus.

sayen026:

parang baguio lang. naka shorts pa nga ibang girls eh. :lol:

rm94:

dec 1-3.. malamig pero di pa masyado. i think lite jacket will do.

pmslia:

walang problema 'yan. basta may return ticket, accommodation. :)

1st timers:

maglagay kayo ng 30 minutes allowance sa macau trip. mahaba lagi ang pila sa immigration baka maipit kayo at maiwan ng turbojet.

puwede kayo mag chance passenger sa earlier sail. basta maluwag.

'yung mga gusto manood ng pink dolphins sa tai o.. tsambahan lang. madalas hindi siya nagpapakita. libot-libot lang doon ang boat ng ilang minutes. pag wala 'yung dolphins eh 'di uwi na. :rotfl:

padaan lang muna, folks. enjoy your trips. :wave:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file