Miss International 2016: Kylie Verzosa (Philippines)

fattyacidfattyacid Aim 2014 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
14581489_1483111315038461_5662103809885889825_n.png?oh=48c21db95462e276c54b77876e098a0c&oe=589C689F

credit: Missosology

Kylie Verzosa's winning speech:

CONGRATULATIONS! :love:

Comments

• JeSuisBillyJeSuisBilly A Better Me! PEx Legend ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    audreyjane wrote: »

Congratulations, Kylie! :amidala:
  • steelbardancersteelbardancer Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    PH bet Kylie Verzosa crowned 2016 Miss International
    ABS-CBN News
    Posted at Oct 27 2016 06:09 PM | Updated as of Oct 27 2016 07:51 PM

20161027-kylie-verzosa-rtr3.jpg
    The winner of the Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa representing Philippines
    walks on a stage during the 56th Miss International Beauty Pageant in Tokyo, Japan
    October 27, 2016. Kim Kyung-Hoon, Reuters

MANILA – (UPDATED) Philippine bet Kylie Verzosa was named 2016 Miss International in the coronation held at Tokyo Dome City Hall in Tokyo, Japan on Thursday.

Contestants from Australia, Indonesia, Nicaragua and United States finished first, second, third and fourth runners-up, respectively.

In her speech after the announcement of the top 15 finalists, Verzosa said that should she win the title, she wants to focus on cultural and international understanding.

"If I become Miss International 2016, I will devote myself to cultural understanding and international understanding because I believe that it is in developing in each of us sensitivity to other cultures that we expand our horizons, tolerate difference and appreciate diversity," she said.

In her speech after she was announced as winner, Verzosa thanked all those who joined her in her journey.

"I cannot believe this moment right now, and I am ecstatic and happy. Thank you so much to my family, to the Philippines, to everyone who supported me. I did not go through this journey alone, but I had a lot of help from the people who love me. I deeply appreciate this.

This moment has only happened in my dreams. Thank you so much, Japan. Thank you, Miss International," she said.

Aside from the big winners, other contestants also received special awards:
    Miss International ASIA - Hong Kong
    Miss International EUROPE - Netherlands
    Miss International AMERICA - Ecuador
    Miss International AFRICA - Sierra Leone
    Miss International OCEANIA - Hawaii

Meanwhile, the candidates who made the Top 15 were: Finland, Mexico, Japan, El Salvador, Canada, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Russia, Thailand and Poland.

Miss Nicaragua also won for her national costume, while Miss Indonesia got the Miss Best Dresser award. The Miss Perfect Body award went to the contestant from Moldova.

Meanwhile, Binibining Pilipinas took to Facebook to congratulate Verzosa.

Designer Rajo Laurel also congratuled Versoza for winning the title.

BRAVO! @KylieVerzosa we're all so very proud of you!!! MABUHAY!!! pic.twitter.com/LHp0xuYq1Y
    — Rajo Laurel (@rajolaurel) October 27, 2016

Verzosa is the sixth Filipina to bring home the Miss International crown for the Philippines.

Gemma Cruz was the country's first Miss International winner when she took the crown back in 1964, followed by Aurora Pijuan in 1970. Model-actress Melanie Marquez won the title in 1979.

After a long wait, Precious Lara Quigaman won in 2005, while Bea Rose Santiago won in 2013.

Last year’s representative to the pageant, Janicel Lubina, made it to the Top 10 and was given the Best Dresser special award.

:bounce2::alien:
  • allaine1001allaine1001 Member PExer
    Congratulations. *okay*
  • pavyelpavyel UIOGD PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Congrats Kylie! Napanganga mo ang mga bashers mo. So proud of you! Napag-isipan talaga ng mabuti ang sagot..

All the best for Kylie's reign!
    [instagram]

Ganda ni Kylie dito! :amidala:
    [instagram]

Her crowning moment! :beauty:
    [instagram]

Proud talaga ang buong sambayanan sa 'yo Kylie! :beauty:
  • PaulLee3PaulLee3 Member PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Congrats. She reminds me of Arci Munoz.
    [center-hidden]Miss International Kylie Verzosa shares 9 notable moments post-pageant

Kylie is having fun with her girls as Miss International

Miss%20International%20Kylie%20Verzosa%20shares%209%20notable%20moments%20post-pageant-940x280.jpg

By Netchai Moldes

Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa is one happy beauty queen who is visibly loved by everyone.

Kylie shared on Instagram what transpired after her winning moment in the Miss International pageant:

1. She transferred rooms.

"Goodnight Just transferred rooms thanks to Tokyo Dome hotel, @pattiiiya it's so lonely without you! Still overemotional. Will be heading to bed for another day with the girls. [#]Missinternational2016[/#] [#]Philippines[/#]!!! 🇵🇭🇯🇵️"

[instagram]

2. She got her own copies of the Philippine newspapers where she made it to the headlines.

[instagram]

3. She remembered the people who helped her along the way and the people who have always been there.

"🇵🇭 I dedicate this victory to everyone who has helped me get here. To my family; my rock, my friends and my Angels; my support system. My mentors, mama Rom, Aces and queens, Binibini, Francis, Harry, Ryuji, Ian, and to everyone who's helped and believed in me. To the Filipino fans, thank you so much for all your love, support and prayers. I felt it during finals night. You were the reason i shined. Thank you, this is for you. [#]missinternational2016q[/#]"

[instagram]

4. She visited three beauty schools with the runners-up of Miss International.

"2nd order of business: visited the students of 3 of Miss Paris' beauty schools today. With my girls! We adored your hospitality, i hope you've learned for us too. Thank you! [#]Spotthecrown[/#] @missparis_tokyo [#]missinternational2016h[/#]"

[instagram]

5. She shared an artwork of her with the Miss International crown.

"Good morning! Artwork by @chevinvillaflor. I love seeing everyones art! Thank you! ️[#]missinternational2016[/#]"

[instagram]

6. She shared a video of a viewing party in the Philippines showing a group of gay friends and their epic reactions the moment the Philippines was announced as the winner.

"This is what happens back home, Philippines - Viewing party, my Angels 🏼[#]missinternational2016[/#] [#]waitforit[/#] [#]thebest[/#] [#]iloveit[/#]"

[instagram]

7. She had her first official photo shoot with the Miss International runners-up.

"My girls and I at the 1st official shoot [#]missinternational2016[/#] [#]nicaragua[/#] [#]australia[/#] [#]indonesia[/#] [#]usa[/#] @briannychamorro @alexandra.britton @felicehwang @kaitryanaleinbach";

[instagram]

8. She had dinner with power couple Korina Sanchez and Mar Roxas.

"I just had dinner with Korina and Mar, for an interview with Rated K, such a nice couple. Vision your future and there is so much work that can be done for your country. Thank you for being an inspiration! 🇵🇭 It was also, my first time out in the streets of Japan, i was amazed. [#]intotherealworld[/#] [#]korinasanchez[/#] [#]marroxas[/#] [#]missinternational[/#]"

[instagram]

9. She shared a heartwarming message to a fellow contestant who became her friend, Miss Poland Magdalena Bieńkowska.

"@magdalenabienkowska I'm going to miss you dearly. Thank you for all your help and encouragement, the stage was so much better with you. To the girls, i will miss you. Thank you for all your kindness, hold your heads up high, focus on the positive, stay appreciative and keep on going, the best is yet to come. Your country and family are proud of you. Use this as an opportunity to do more, for your country, others, and yourself. [#]missinternational2016[/#] [#]poland[/#] [#]philippines[/#]"

[instagram]

Kylie is the sixth Filipina to win the crown in Miss International, following Bea Santiago in 2013.

https://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/2016/10/31/miss-international-kylie-verzosa-shares-9-notable-moments-post-pageant[/center-hidden]
  • sweetnsourgrap3zsweetnsourgrap3z two sides PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
  • sweetnsourgrap3zsweetnsourgrap3z two sides PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file