Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

The Boss Baby (2017)

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
MEET DREAMWORKS ANIMATION’S “THE BOSS BABY” - TRAILER & POSTER REVEAL
via press release

14spfmb.jpg

Clad in a business suit, the youngest member in the family has arrived in “The Boss Baby.” In DreamWorks Animation’s latest trailer reveal, there’s no question who the boss is in this family – the one who wears the suit and throws an enormous fit of tantrums when things don’t go his way, ergo, “The Boss Baby.”

The titular character, “The Boss Baby” is voiced by talented veteran actor Alec Baldwin, and from the day the baby arrived, seven-year-old Tim (Miles Bakshi) knew this fast-talking, briefcase-carrying baby was trouble – after all, there’s only so much love to go around, right? But as Tim embarks on a mission to win back the sole affection of his parents, voiced by Liza Kudrow and Jimmy Kimmel, he stumbles upon a secret plot that threatens to destroy the balance of love in the world – and this brash baby executive masquerading as his new brother is at the center of it all. Now, they must come together as true brothers to stop the dastardly scheme, save their parents, restore order to the world, and prove that love is indeed an infinite force.

Based on Marla Frazee’s 2010 award-winning picture book of the same title “The Boss Baby,” the movie is directed by Tom McGrath and will open on April 15, 2017 (in Phils. cinemas) from DreamWorks Animation and 20th Century Fox to be distributed by Warner Bros.

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    DREAMWORKS ANIMATION’S “THE BOSS BABY” CELEBRATES SIBLING LOVE
    via press release

egafih.jpg

DreamWorks Animation’s latest full length feature “The Boss Baby” explores the wonders of a child’s imagination and celebrates the precious bond between siblings. Featuring the voices of award-winning Alec Baldwin, Lisa Kudrow, Jimmy Kimmel, Steve Buscemi and Miles Bakshi, “The Boss Baby” is packed with memorable and relatable characters based on the best-selling book by Marla Frazee.

Directed by Tom McGrath, “The Boss Baby” is told from the wildly imaginative perspective of seven-year-old Tim Templeton (Bakshi). Tim has the perfect life, enjoying his daily rituals and all of his parents’ attention, until one day a new baby brother (Baldwin) arrives – in a taxi, wearing a suit. Like all new babies, Tim’s brother takes over the house and quickly becomes “the boss.”

“I’ve played a lot of tough-talking, coffee-swilling business executives throughout my career, but I have to admit none of them can hold a pacifier to the diaper-wearing boss I play in “The Boss Baby.” Having been born the first of four boys and having four children of my own, I know a thing or two about what happens when a new baby arrives in a household and steals the spotlight from you. That’s why I couldn’t resist voicing the part of Boss Baby. What is truly remarkable about this movie is how it captures the reality of what it’s like to deal with a new sibling ina family, all the while providing a barrage of whimsical humor, imagination and pure heart,” says Baldwin.

McGrath tells the story of “The Boss Baby” as seen through the eyes of a seven-year old, “Our aspiration for “The Boss Baby” was no easy feat. We had to relearn the techniques from the mid-century masters of the 1940s, ‘50s, and ‘60s. Not only did we want to create an enchanting world, but we also wanted expressiveness in our characters that previously could only be hand-drawn. These goals are evolutionary to the art of computer animation.”

“The Boss Baby” opens April 15 in cinemas from 20th Century Fox to be distributed by Warner Bros.
  • Me and my girl have been looking forward to this one. Grabbing the popcorn already :)
    LOVE ALWAYS WINS IN DREAMWORKS ANIMATION’S HIGHLY-IMAGINATIVE “THE BOSS BABY”
    via press release

THE%20BOSS%20BABY%20family.jpg

DreamWorks Animation’s latest and 34th movie, “The Boss Baby” is inspired by the best-selling book of the same title by Marla Frazee - the film tags us along on a young boy’s colourful adventures as he discovers that his new baby brother is not what he seems.

Directed by Dreamworks veteran Tom McGrath (“Megamind,” “Madagascar”), “The Boss Baby” is a family comedy featuring the voices of Alec Baldwin, Steve Buscemi, Lisa Kudrow and Jimmy Kimmel and Miles Bakshi. Exploring the wonders of a child’s imagination and celebrating the precious bond that can form between siblings in a family, “The Boss Baby” (Baldwin) and his older brother Tim (Bakshi) discover that love isn’t finite after all.

The heartfelt nature of the story and the remarkable charm of the main characters were immediately appealing to producer Ramsey Naito. “The story mirrored my life. My oldest son was seven years old when my youngest arrived, and he was really jealous, just like our main character, Tim. I related to the brother’s story instantly,” says Naito. “I love that we celebrate the power of children’s fantasy and imagination in this film.”

Tim’s parents are voiced by Lisa Kudrow (“Friends”) and funny television host (also 2017’s Oscars host) Jimmy Kimmel. Tim’s parents are simply oblivious to the chaos unleashed by Boss Baby in their household. Barely hanging on to the slightest resemblance of domestic order at home, they have no clue about the strange machinations of Baby Corp. and Puppy Co. where they work.

“The parents have a new baby in the house and are both working full time. They are sleep-deprived and barely holding it together, and this needed to be captured in their design,” says Naito. “We wanted to get away from an idealized version of parents,” says production designer David James. “Mom, especially needed to be a very real person, at the same time, she had to exude this warmth. Her beauty and her maternal nature go hand in hand.”

Meanwhile, Tim’s dad is just trying to keep up. “Like many new fathers, he has this slight deer-in-headlights look,” notes James. “He tries his best to keep everything under control, but he is a bit overwhelmed by all the changes. They are both loving parents – and the lesson of the movie is that there is love enough going around for everybody. They do have unconditional love for both of their kids, and that’s something that Tim learns by the end of the movie.”

Baldwin, who voices the titular character, Boss Baby is immensely impressed by the work and devotion of the DreamWorks animators in the movie. “I was so impressed by the meticulous world created by the film’s director Tom McGrath and the rest of their talented team. When we experience the movie as a whole, we are immersed in a parallel world that looks vaguely familiar but unlike any we’ve seen before on the big screen. Packed with memorable characters and insightful revelations, “The Boss Baby” celebrates human experiences and foibles, and delivers its final message tenderly – with pure, genuine emotion.”

An Easter weekend movie for the entire family, “The Boss Baby” opens April 15 (Saturday) from 20th Century Fox to be distributed by Warner Bros.
    EASTER WEEKEND FAMILY MOVIE “THE BOSS BABY” OPENS APRIL 15
    via press release

From the studio that brought you Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar, comes DreamWorks Animation’s “The Boss Baby,” a hilarious family comedy about how a new baby's arrival impacts a family, told from the point of view of a delightfully unreliable narrator -- a wildly imaginative 7-year old named Tim. The most unusual Boss Baby arrives to Tim's home in a taxi, wearing a suit, carrying a brief case and speaking with the voice and wit of Alec Baldwin. The sibling rivalry between the two brothers is reluctantly cast aside when Tim discovers that Boss Baby is actually a spy on a secret undercover mission, and only he can help. An outrageous adventure ensues as the pint-sized partners prepare to thwart a dastardly plot involving an epic battle between puppies and babies.

Inspired by the best-selling picture book by Marla Frazee, this riotous comedy for all ages features the voices of Alec Baldwin as Boss Baby, Steve Buscemi as the villainous Francis E. Francis, Jimmy Kimmel and Lisa Kudrow as Tim and Boss Baby's unsuspecting parents, Miles Bakshi as Tim, and Tobey Maguire as the film’s narrator.

Actor Tobey Maguire (Spider-Man trilogy, The Cider House Rules) narrates the movie. “Tim is a happy seven-year-old with two loving parents, who is initially an only child, but when he gets the news that he is getting a little brother, he is not too pleased that he has to share the love and time of his parents,” explains Maguire. “He is struggling with the transition, so he has kind of created all these things about Boss Baby because he has a very strong imagination.”

Maguire points out that Tim’s relationship with his brother is very contentious. “Tim is very suspicious of his new baby brother because he’s like a little man who’s got an agenda, and he would like to expose him so he can get the attention of his parents back. But then they have to join forces and help each other fight Francis and stop his plot to destroy Baby Co.”

When the baby’s mission is accomplished, and he has to go away, Tim thinks he’s happy, but he’s grown really fond of his little brother, and he ultimately doesn’t want him to go away.” The talented actor says he finds the movie quite funny and very relatable. “The movie’s themes are demonstrated through fantasy—through this really fun idea of essentially Alec Baldwin being a Boss Baby, which is a blast. But it’s also relatable because if you’ve been in any of these roles, as a sibling or a parent, it’s certainly something you have probably experienced.”

Maguire is also quick to point that he has had a great time working with Tom McGrath and the rest of his creative team. He notes, “He has been great and very easy to work with, but I really admire his creativity. He’s really imaginative, and very funny. I just think he has found such a charming and unique tone for this movie.”

An ideal Easter weekend movie for the whole family, “The Boss Baby” opens April 15 (Saturday) in cinemas nationwide from 20th Century Fox to be distributed by Warner Bros.
    FAMILIAR VOICES IN FAMILY COMEDY “THE BOSS BABY”
    via press release

2nm3c3m.jpg

The baby is boss in the hilarious family comedy “The Boss Baby” where award-winning Alec Baldwin voices the titular role – a baby who wears a suit, carries a briefcase and barks orders at everyone. “The Boss Baby” features an impressive voice cast of talented comedic actors led by Alec Baldwin along with Lisa Kudrow, Jimmy Kimmel, Steve Buscemi and Tobey Maguire as the film’s narrator.

“The Boss Baby” sees Baldwin’s character who works for Baby Corp. and is sent to spy on people to find out what babies and parents want. Part of his job is to belong to a family where seven-year old Tim (voiced by Miles Bakshi) is having all the attention and time to himself, but as soon as Boss Baby arrives, his life suddenly changed and becomes determined to reveal the real Boss Baby. As Tim and his new brother, Boss Baby come to terms that they must work together to save both the company and Tim’s parents against an evil plot, they come to realize that they make a great team.

Baldwin points out that although the central idea of the film is outrageous and silly, it’s executed with lots of finesse, wit and imagination. “Our director Tom McGrath and producer Ramsey Naito are so clever, in terms of how exactly they pull it all off and drive the film. On top of it all, the movie has a wonderful heart inside it, too, as Boss Baby is eventually won over by the idea of being part of the family. Plus, there are a lot of crazy scenes and wild action, because in animation, you can do anything.”

The actor says his own family went through similar moments of sibling rival when his son was born. “My wife and I have a daughter who is three, and before my son was born, she was the princess and was just adored and catered to by everybody. Then my son came along —and he was first son, so I just flipped out. At this time, she was two years old. She would stare at him thinking ‘Something’s got to change around here. You know we have to fix this!’ So for my daughter, there was a process to be able to accept her little brother. When she finally gave him a kiss, we all cried. We thought this day would never come.”

Baldwin says in the movie, Tim goes through a very similar experience. “He has all this time with his parents. And then in comes Boss Baby who’s not only a baby, he’s like your worst nightmare of a baby. He’s, uh, he’s a clever baby. He’s a conniving baby. He’s a Machiavellian baby, but it wouldn’t work if Tim wasn’t smart too. So we have to make the Tim character pretty clever too—but, he’s a little devil with a heart of gold.”

The actor also believes that “The Boss Baby,” like two of his previous collaborations with DreamWorks—Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa and Rise of the Guardians—offers the perfect mix of family entertainment, kid-friendly jokes and things for grown-ups to enjoy and laugh at as well. “You know, it’s like that Bugs Bunny cartoon where he would whip out the candelabra and imitate Liberace with all the nuttiness he had. The kids didn’t understand what he was doing, but the parents did. And it was all very funny and worked on different levels. That’s why I think The Boss Baby will appeal to everyone as well.”

“The Boss Baby” opens April 15 (Black Saturday) in cinemas nationwide from 20th Century Fox.
  • carlhirocarlhiro PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    [CENTER-HIDDEN]

33175771943_69e330fc93.jpg

Philippine Release Date: April 15, 2017
    Director: Tom McGrath
    Voice Cast: Alec Baldwin, Miles Bakshi, Steve Buscemi, Jimmy Kimmel, Lisa Kudrow, Tobey Maguire

[/CENTER-HIDDEN]

[JUSTIFY]Alec Baldwin already established himself as a boss in TV pop culture as 30 Rock’s Jack Donaghy, so it is no wonder he is voicing one in the Dreamworks Animation film The Boss Baby.[/JUSTIFY]

[CENTER-HIDDEN]33988704605_5802f399f1.jpg[/CENTER-HIDDEN]

[JUSTIFY]As the title suggests, Baldwin plays a corporate executive who is also a baby, as with his thousands of colleagues who work for the company called BabyCorp – a company aimed to make babies as the most loved by adult humans. Seems like a very wild idea conceived out of a drunken night of writer friends, and it probably is. However, as drunken ideas can be unstable, it would probably be a great hit, or a huge miss. This one places itself in the middle, so it feels like it could be very funny when you imagine it, its execution feels like its half-baked and its story is too dependent on the novelty of the idea. With that said, I feel like this would be a hit or miss for the audience.[/JUSTIFY]

[CENTER-HIDDEN]33603402100_b4a374bf9c.jpg[/CENTER-HIDDEN]

[JUSTIFY]Why it would be a hit? I would describe the film similar to what I have described The Secret Life of Pets – if you loved The Secret Life of Pets because you love pet animals, you would love The Boss Baby if you love babies. As a 90’s kid, I woke up to marathons of The Rugrats, and Tommy Pickles is the Boss Baby in our minds. It has accurately depicted the how the imaginative mind of little kids work and also what we really felt about our younger siblings when they were newborn (as I can attest as the first born of the family).[/JUSTIFY]

[CENTER-HIDDEN]33988699885_2b4aaa7c30.jpg[/CENTER-HIDDEN]

[JUSTIFY]A miss? The film feels like it already settled for mediocrity, defeated with the Disneys and Pixars of the world. The movie is still plagued with a lot of clichéd ideas and jokes, despite showing potential that they can make witty jokes from time to time. It also feels dragging in most parts, and I may have snoozed a bit in between. The end was no help; it was predictable as it can be – it was all a bedtime story to teach a lesson. Moreover, it irks me a bit that Tobey Maguire is “older” than Alec Baldwin is as per their adult counterparts.[/JUSTIFY]

[CENTER-HIDDEN]33175777373_07984c9d37.jpg[/CENTER-HIDDEN]

[JUSTIFY]To be honest, I am still up in the air on how to feel about this film. It is a tug of war of feelings involving loving the novelty of babies in a corporate setting, and hating the script that was cut-and-pasted from all the generic scripts out there. Guess it really waters down to how you love babies in general. And as a single man who is still enjoying a childless life, I am conflicted as well.[/JUSTIFY]

[CENTER-HIDDEN]Rating: 5/10

5756494783_13ef5406da_m.jpg

The Boss Baby is now showing in theaters nationwide.

Discuss the movie here: The Boss Baby
    More movie reviews here: Official PEx Movie Reviews

[/CENTER-HIDDEN]
  • loved this movie! :)

_______
    licenser