Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

The EMOJI Movie (2017)

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
JAMES CORDEN, ILANA GLAZER JOINING THE VOICE CAST OF “EMOJIMOVIE: EXPRESS YOURSELF”
Comedians lead the cast with T.J. Miller in next summer’s big screen comedy
via press release

14o5cnt.jpg

Sony Pictures Animation announced today that Emmy and Tony award winner James Corden (Into the Woods) and Emmy nominee Ilana Glazer (Broad City) would join previously announced T.J. Miller (Deadpool) to lead the cast of summer 2017’s animated comedy EMOJIMOVIE: EXPRESS YOURSELF.

EMOJIMOVIE: EXPRESS YOURSELF unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone’s user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression – except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become “normal” like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Ilana Glazer). Together, they embark on an epic “app-venture” through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it’s deleted forever.

Kristine Belson, President of Sony Pictures Animation, commented on the announcement saying, “Over six billion emojis are texted every day, and emojis have become a universal language that transcends age and culture. The power of emojis is that they allow you to express yourself in a fast and very fun way, and that is what our movie is about: self expression. We are very lucky to have some of the smartest and funniest actors today bringing their unique voices to this movie.”

Adds director Anthony Leondis, “Hi-5 is a high-five emoji who is a highly motivated, and highly dramatic, hand on a mission (sorry), and the brilliantly versatile, ebullient and always lovable James Corden fits this part like a glove (sorry again). For the rebel ‘break all the codes’ computer programmer emoji Jailbreak, Ilana Glazer is the kind of singularly free-spirited, fearless and funny actress to make girls really feel the empowered ‘nobody’s gonna keep me in a cage’ attitude this character exudes. And, of course, T.J. Miller has proven himself to be one of the most genuinely inventive comedic actors around, uniquely capable of connecting and who can convey just about any expression—and often does!”

Sony Pictures Animation’s EMOJIMOVIE: EXPRESS YOURSELF, which will take place through some of the most popular and universally recognized smartphone apps, is produced by Michelle Raimo Kouyate (Puss in Boots, Silver Linings Playbook) and will be released in theaters by Columbia Pictures on August 11, 2017.

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    “THE EMOJI MOVIE” INVADES CANNES, LAUNCHES NEW TRAILER
    via press release

s30k92.jpg

Columbia Pictures' new animated adventure The Emoji Movie saluted the 70th Cannes Film Festival, May 17, 2017 as it took over the Carlton pier and star T.J. Miller arrived via parasail in a timely publicity event to hype the film.

Miller then hosted the event – joined in by the Emoji characters on the barge – then led in the launching of the animated comedy's international trailer which may be viewed below:

In Philippine cinemas starting August 23, 2017, The Emoji Movie is the new animated adventure that unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone.

Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone's user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression – except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become "normal" like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Ilana Glazer). Together, they embark on an epic "app-venture" through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it's deleted forever.

Directed by Tony Leondis. Written by Tony Leondis & Eric Siegel and Mike White. Produced by Michelle Raimo Kouyate.
    EXPRESS YOURSELF WITH THE NEW TRAILER OF “THE EMOJI MOVIE”
    via press release

2ylpe8m.jpg

The new trailer for Columbia Pictures' highly anticipated family comedy The Emoji Movie has just been launched and may be viewed below:

In Philippine cinemas starting August 23, 2017, The Emoji Movie is the new animated adventure that unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone.

Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone's user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression – except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become "normal" like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Ilana Glazer). Together, they embark on an epic "app-venture" through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it's deleted forever.

Directed by Tony Leondis. Written by Tony Leondis & Eric Siegel and Mike White. Produced by Michelle Raimo Kouyate.

Apps featured in the film include Candy Crush Saga, Dropbox, Instagram, Just Dance®, Spotify, Twitter, and YouTube. Popular apps Crackle, Facebook, Shazam, Snapchat, and Twitch also appear in the movie.

Some apps are presented as standalone worlds of their own that come to life in thrilling ways. In the music streaming app Spotify, characters ride rushing streams made of music. In Candy Crush Saga, our heroes are trapped inside the game board and must play through the levels in order to survive.

The Emoji Movie is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.
  • schizo_meschizo_me 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Parang gusto ko panoorin because of negative reviews 😂😂
  • DAKINDAKIN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wa ha ha ha ha!!!! tawa ako nang tawa sa mga reviews nila.

The Verge: “This is a movie about how words aren’t cool, but you can still expect a girl to fall at your feet in response to mild wordplay. Please keep up. Or throw whatever device you’re reading this on into the ocean. Send me a postcard; tell me what it’s like to be free.”

Vox: “It’s amazing that we can put a man on the moon but movies like this still somehow get made.”
    The A.V. Club: “The ‘plot’ is really an excuse to hop from one app to another; there are stops in the lands of Candy Crush, WeChat, Just Dance, Instagram, Spotify, and (for the kids!) Dropbox.”

Entertainment Weekly: “There is an awareness pulsing through this movie, as it pulses through our own lives, that so much of what once seemed like progress was the opposite of progress, that our dreams of a better tomorrow were always leading us to a miserable today.”

The New York Times: “For a long time, Hollywood has been propagating the idea that the panderingly, trendily idiotic can be made to seem less so, by polishing it up with bright shiny gloss and enlisting engaging talented performers and writers. I can’t be entirely certain of this, but I would say ‘The Emoji Movie’ takes this notion to the outer limits of credibility.”

Vulture: “Not once does this film rise above the level of humor of literally any real-world use of a simple upside-down-face emoji (whose meaning I tend to translate as ‘Wheeee, life is a horrible hall of mirrors and I am powerless to do anything but smile about it.’) If only my review of this film could be an upside-down-face emoji.”

RogerEbert.com: “A work so completely devoid of wit, style, intelligence or basic entertainment value that it makes that movie based on the Angry Birds app seem like a pure artistic statement by comparison.”

Village Voice: “We’re lying if we grown-ups try to pretend that this one’s not on us ... kids didn’t create the pixelated and thoroughly dumbed-down society this movie has been introduced into, like some sort of trippy, multicolored cinematic virus.”

No wonder 6% lang sa RT as of today.

1.4/10 sa IMDB :eek:

[tweet]
  • MilliardoMilliardo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wonder how this movie will do here in the Philippines, considering it will come out on Aug. 23 and the reviews have been, well, meh...
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Milliardo wrote: »
    Wonder how this movie will do here in the Philippines, considering it will come out on Aug. 23 and the reviews have been, well, meh...

Do Filipino moviegoers care about the opinions of a bunch of pasty-faced white guys/girls? Do they even know what Rotten Tomatoes is????
    BE PART OF AN ADVENTURE BEYOND WORDS IN “THE EMOJI MOVIE”
    via press release

image.jpg

Human beings have never been more connected. With the smartphone, we are never out of touch from each other – and constantly in touch with people around the world. And with a simple invention, we are now able to communicate with people who are separated from us by language, borders, oceans…

…after all, everyone knows what :) means.

Now, Sony Pictures Animation takes you into the secret world inside your phone for a rollicking adventure in The Emoji Movie (in Philippine cinemas August 23, 2017).

The Emoji Movie unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone’s user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression – except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become “normal” like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Anna Faris). Together, they embark on an epic “app-venture” through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it’s deleted forever.

“Emojis help us express ourselves in ways we don’t have time to express, or don’t have the forethought to express, or are afraid to express,” says Tony Leondis, one of the writers and the director of The Emoji Movie. “When I get a heart-eyes emoji from my mom, it actually means something – it makes me smile. In this world of technology, the human heart has found a way to connect.”

“Everybody’s using emojis – they’re part of our everyday life,” says producer Michelle Raimo Kouyate. “I always enjoy animated movies that go inside a world that you deal with every day, but never gave a thought to.”

And for T.J. Miller, who voices the lead role of an emoji named Gene in the film, that’s the perfect jumping off point for a movie. “Parents use emojis with kids and kids use emojis with parents, so everyone is in on the joke from the get-go. From the first scene, you think, ‘Oh, I use that emoji all the time, my friend uses the dancing woman emoji,’” he says. “And when you add the fun of having Sir Pooptrick Stewart playing Poop, Sofia Vergara playing Flamenca, Anna Faris playing Jailbreak – she’s so dynamic – Maya Rudolph is so funny, Steven Wright, one of my icons in the standup world, Jennifer Coolidge and James Corden are never not funny… I was excited to join them because it seemed like the project had the elements to be a great and very surprising movie.”

The Emoji Movie is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.
    JAMES CORDEN LENDS VOICE TO HI-5 IN “THE EMOJI MOVIE”
    via press release

JCorden-_High5.jpg

British comedian James Corden (Into the Woods) lends his voice to Hi-5, an open-face palm Emoji ready to give you a Hi-5 at any time, in Sony Pictures Animation’s new comedy The Emoji Movie.

His favorite catchphrase? “Hi-Five!”

In the film, Hi-5’s a big ham, brimming over with exuberant confidence. He used to be a Favorite, a highly respected celebrity. But recently Hi-5 has been usurped by a new Favorite… Fist Bump Emoji. Hi-5 can’t stand the rejection and just wants to be popular again. But his adventure with Gene – an Emoji which has EVERY expression instead of just one -- makes Hi-5 realize that it’s more important to have one true friend than it is to be popular.

“Hi-5 is a fading rock star who wants to get back on top,” says director-writer Tony Leondis. “He hopes that by going on this journey with Gene he can be popular again. What he learns along the way is that having one real friend is more important than having ten thousand likes.”

James Corden gave the filmmakers a hand in bringing the character to life. “He’s such a talent. A brilliant actor and writer. When I saw the play ‘One Man, Two Guvnors,’ I was blown away and really wanted to work with him someday,” Leondis says. “Hi-5 is the wild card – you never know what he’s going to do or say. He’s always throwing curveballs into the equation. And no one is better at that than James.”

“Hi-5 used to be one of the favorites, but as time has gone by, Alex has forgotten about Hi-5, and he started using Fist Bump,” says Corden. “He feels like he’s been forgotten, and he’s convinced that if Alex could just see him again on the Favorites board, Alex would remember how great Hi-5 is and start using him again.”

Corden was drawn to the story and the way it created a hidden world behind the popular icons. “You can punctuate any moment with a great emoji,” he says. “In the film these are characters with spirits, and souls, and hearts, and minds with something very, very real at stake for all of them.”

“I thought it sounded quite charming – these things that you use in your life all the time have a personality, something to lose, and real friendships,” concludes Corden. “That felt very fun to me.”

Opening across the Philippines on August 23, The Emoji Movie is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.
    T.J. MILLER, VOICE OF EMOJI WITH EVERY EXPRESSION IN “THE EMOJI MOVIE”
    via press release

TEM-_TJMiller.jpg

In Textopolis, every face emoji has one expression and one expression only. But Gene doesn’t have just one expression, he has EVERY expression! He has no filter for his emotions – if he feels it, he shows it, in Sony Pictures Animation’s new comedy The Emoji Movie.

Funny, charming, awkward, and optimistic, Gene wishes he wasn’t so different. Determined to fit in and make his parents proud, he sets off on a dangerous trek through the world of the phone to change himself into a single-expression emoji. But what Gene discovers on the journey is that embracing his self-expression is the more powerful option…

The role is played by T.J. Miller (Big Hero 6, Deadpool). “This character was created with T.J. Miller in mind,” says director Tony Leondis. “He’s so ebullient, so expressive, so full of life – he can’t be held back. He’s a time bomb of energy, excitement, laughter and emotions. He wears his heart on his sleeve – he’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. He enjoys life and people – and that’s how I see Gene, a kind and expressive person.”

“Gene is a ‘meh’ emoji, which means he’s supposed to be disinterested and always have that ‘meh, who cares, I’m over it’ expression on his face all the time,” Miller explains. “But Gene doesn’t always feel meh, so he ends up with the wrong expression on his face pretty often, and this is quite scandalous in Textopolis.”

That scandal has made Gene an outsider – and worse, when a text is sent with Gene making the wrong expression, the powers that be set in motion a plan to delete him. Desperate, he joins with his friend Hi-5 – a once-popular emoji whose fame has waned – to find the notorious codebreaker Jailbreak. “Gene and Hi-5 make a deal with her,” says Miller. “She’ll help reprogram Gene and get Hi-5 into the favorite section, if they help her get past a firewall that will let her leave the phone.”

The stakes are huge for Gene, Hi-5 and Jailbreak. “On Gene’s first day of work, he chokes badly – he freaks out, he doesn’t know what to do, he sends the wrong facial expression out to the phone, and the phone’s owner, Alex, thinks that his phone is broken,” says Miller. “When they leave the Textopolis app and go into other apps, they activate those apps – Just Dance and Candy Crush start without him playing them. And that creates embarrassing situations for Alex, so he’s starts thinking he needs to get the phone wiped, and that would mean that Textopolis would be erased from existence.”

Opening across the Philippines on August 23, The Emoji Movie is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.
  • grabe score nito sa rotten tomatoes sobrang baba
  • MilliardoMilliardo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    So we'll see how this movie will be here today...
  • DAKINDAKIN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    As predicted hakot talaga RAZZIE AWARDS

Worst Film of the Year
    Worst Screenplay
    Worst Director
    Worst Screen Combo

OMG. :glee: