COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Best Movie?

Hey guys, i just want a poll or something on what for each of you is the best movie. Whether it be comedy action or whatever, just list it down. I just wanna hear from ya all!!!

Comments

• The RockThe Rock Old school smackdown layer PExer
    The Rock says that the best movies of all time were named by the American Film Institute last year. Out of that poll, "Citizen Kane" written, starring, and directed by Orson Welles, was ranked the best ever. Unfortunately, The Rock hasn't seen that flick. For movies that The Rock has seen, a few come to mind.

"Ben Hur" starring Charlton Heston was pure majesty, had a fantastic chariot race, and won 11 out of a possible 12 Oscars (take that Titanic).

"The Ten Commandments" is a true classic in every sense of the word. Heston vs. the great Yul Brynner, how do you beat that? So let it be written, so let it be done!

"Braveheart" by Mel Gibson proved that epics can still be made in the 90s. It was inspirational, moving, dramatic, and had Sophie Marceau!!!

"Cinema Paradiso" is an Italian movie that transcends language. Beautiful language, scenery, and at its core, a great story. The Rock can't begin to thank his teachers for making him watch this movie in college.

The whole "Star Wars" series. Yes, the Rock knows that's the easy way out, and it's supposed to be just one movie, but hey, it's "Star Wars"! It's more than a movie, it's an event!

"Face/Off" directed by John Woo and starring Nicolas Cage and John Travolta was probably the best action movie. Camera angles, sound, trenchcoats, shades. Enough said! The storyline may be paperthin, but who gives a damn!? The point was to blow everything up instyle, and that was accomplished.
  • batang uliranbatang uliran Administrator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The Rock is correct in that the AFI named the 100 best movies but they were American movies and did not include many great foreign films. I'm a big Akira Kurosawa fan and if I had to pick one it would be his film Seven Samurai though others like Ran were great as well.

BTW, I agree that Face Off is a great action film but a lot of John Woo's technique had been watered down for Western consumption in that film. His HK classics like The Killer, Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow and others (all three of these starring Chow Yun Fat) really defined "slaughter with style."
  • stanchstanch Member PExer
    i like basic instinct, devil's advocate, cruel intentions, and american pie...
  • iwisiwis Member PExer
    Casablanca and Gone with Wind :)
  • cutting edge, dead poets society, cruel intentions...hmmm...
  • AngeliAngeli Member PExer
    hmmm... ever after, that's the only movie that i like drew barrymore in, cruel intentions, deep impact, schindler's list...
  • aRCangelaRCangel Member PExer
    Among the commercial films, my favorites are Pretty Woman, Ghost, Titanic, and Cruel Intentions (mainly because Ryan Phillippe's there),

I've seen Citizen Kane and i really appreciate the movie. Godfather I and II are also great films.

Among foreign films, i like Il Postino, Kolya, Scent of Green Papaya, and Life is Beautiful the best

But the topic's BEST MOVIE..so i guess i've to pick one lang...Titanic's "it" for me! I mean, it's a real nice movie..overhyped lang kaya parang naging baduy na.
  • KRA_PENNKRA_PENN Member PExer
    sa mga recent oscar films: english patient, il postino, life is beautiful, shine, central station

sa mga old movies: midnight express (the one about the detained american in turkey ..that's why sobra ang anticipation ko for the claire danes movie [the stories are alike]),gone w/the wind, cat on a hot tin roof (elizabeth taylor was beautiful!!), ninotchka

teen flicks: cruel intentions

filipino films: the gamu-gamo film w/ nora aunor (the one where she says that her brother isn't a pig), itim (w/ charo santos), the movie w/ a psycho vilma santos...that was really powerful
  • bayawbayaw Member PExer
    Forrest Gump
    Spartacus
    The Untouchables
    Good Fellas
    Scarface
    The Godfather II
    The Exorcist
    Braveheart
    Kapit sa Patalim - Bayan Ko
  • lavintadorlavintador Member PExer
    i agree. "Gone with the Wind" is the best ever.
  • Mark Renton96Mark Renton96 Choose life... PExer
    -Trainspotting
    -Godfather 1 and 2 (forget about Godfather 3)
    -Forrest Gump
    -Cinema Paradiso
    -Chasing Amy
    -A Clockwork Orange
    -Wag the Dog
    -Il Postino
  • bugsbunnybugsbunny ONE BIG FIGHT! PExer
    Ten Commandments
    Braveheart
    Gladiator
    Eat Drink Man Woman
    Xiu Xiu (compelling drama if you can watch it, watch it!)
    Pi
    Little Mermaid
  • tito_tibotito_tibo Member PExer
    TITANIC: because of the details (story and the TItanic ship itself), the effects, and its power of reminding us that we are not ready for God's challenges... wow serious!!!

SPEED 1: because of its uniqueness as an action film. Walang patayan masyado pero action na action.

INDIANA JONES Series: Exciting!!! hehehe

EXTINCT: (Starring Anthony Hopkins and Cuba Gooding Jr) effective yung story niya... this is about a researcher who stayed in the forest to study the lives of the gorillas... and eventually acted like one of them.

Hindi ko pa napapanood ang Casablanca at Gone with the Wind.... siguro nga maganda kasi madami kayo eh

• tito_tibotito_tibo Member PExer
    INSTINCT yung title hindi Extinct hehehe sorry
  • xtxxtx Member PExer
    ARIZONA DREAM --- all time favorite. surreal... eccentric... weird... quite funny... basta kakaiba talaga sha.
    Emir Kusturica, you really kept me wondering and dreaming!!!

The Secret Garden din. Agnieszka Holland really did a GREAT job.
    The cinematography, acting and the music were captivating. ang galeng ni agnieszka!! na stuck sa utak ko yung music for a long time. and yung part nung nasa swing si mary and dicken while si colin pinipicturan sila, wow! ang ganda ng pagkagawa
  • starfish826starfish826 Member PExer
    Shakespeare in Love, Moulin Rouge, Bridget Jones's Diary, Life is Beautiful, Casablanca
  • alym1217alym1217 Member PExer
    cutting edge
    hearts and souls
    gladiator
    pretty woman
    braveheart
  • rainwaterrainwater hope springs eternal PExer

BRAVEHEART
    DEAD POETS SOCIETY
    THE TRUTH ABOUT CATS & DOGS
    PRETTY WOMAN :D

Leave a Comment