Home PEx Campus The Academe
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Times Higher Education:World University Rankings(2016-2017), only UP makes it 801+

markfroilanmarkfroilan 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈

Comments

• johnjoseph13johnjoseph13 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    It's surprising that the talangka are not commenting...
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    LOL! a school in bangladesh and pakistan outrank UP. stupid school surveys.
  • TAMSJrTAMSJr PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    #801 of nothing to be proud of. It only reflects the horrible state of Philippine education. Definitely 3rd world, not world class.

Being the best Philippine school but not world class is shameful.
    shameful? and what does that make of someone who can't even make it to UP but goes abroad and studies in a "higher-ranked" school? :glee:
  • I remained silent because I do not want to

SAY THE UNSAYABLE
    "UNSPEAKABLE", you mean. ;)
    TAMSJr wrote: »
    #801 of nothing to be proud of. It only reflects the horrible state of Philippine education. Definitely 3rd world, not world class.

Being the best Philippine school but not world class is shameful.

Well, it depends on what "world class" means. For others, being in the list is already a validation of the school's status as world class. But for other "BITTER" people, it is not good enough, of course! :D

Nasan nga ulit school mo? :lol::lol::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • extranjeroextranjero PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well, it depends on what "world class" means. For others, being in the list is already a validation of the school's status as world class. But for other "BITTER" people, it is not good enough, of course! :D

Nasan nga ulit school mo? :lol::lol::rotflmao::rotflmao:

But why do you always benchmark UP with other schools in the Philippines? Shouldn't you use international universities instead? Obviously, ranking 801+ is not doing well... it's dismal!
    extranjero wrote: »
    Obviously, ranking 801+ is not doing well... it's dismal!
    Well, given how underfunded UP is, it's not really dismal. It is in fact punching above its weight.:bashful:
    Well, given how underfunded UP is, it's not really dismal. It is in fact punching above its weight.:bashful:

Nope. You cannot always pull out the "underfunding" card. Research policy in UP is the worst. The administration makes it difficult for scientists to work in the academe.

You'd have to believe me on this. I work in UP for research, and the regulations and policies are really one of the worst. I am not surprised while most (not even some) professors bring their projects to Ateneo and DLSU just to bypass accounting and all.

Okay... I'm not even sure if I should reply to your statement. You might be an internet troll or something. But funding is not the biggest problem of UP. It's poor management, resistance to change and arrogance... this is killing the university.
    Nope. You cannot always pull out the "underfunding" card. Research policy in UP is the worst. The administration makes it difficult for scientists to work in the academe.
    Really? So UP has no problem about its budget? You should be researching more about that. :rotflmao:
    You'd have to believe me on this. I work in UP for research, and the regulations and policies are really one of the worst. I am not surprised while most (not even some) professors bring their projects to Ateneo and DLSU just to bypass accounting and all.
    Oh yeah, such a preposterous claim! Because the "OTHERS" have more funds? :lol::rotflmao::naughty:

What can you say, DOST? :rotflmao::lol:

Okay... I'm not even sure if I should reply to your statement. You might be an internet troll or something. But funding is not the biggest problem of UP. It's poor management, resistance to change and arrogance... this is killing the university.
    Oh, really? But you cannot resist the itch to respond to my post. :lol::p

I am very sure you are NOT from UP.
    Why?
    Saying that UP is not underfunded is so much a giveaway.
    A true blooded maroon knows that.

Try harder, please!:lol::naughty::rotflmao:
    Yes, we have problem in budget. But it is not the biggest problem. There are ways to subvert that. And I don't even want to talk about that here... obviously, you don't know about those ways (and it doesn't even need selling assets, or leasing out lands, or increasing tuition fees).

No. It is not a preposterous claim. Those are valid research projects from international organizations that UP lost to other universities or other research institutions. We get our funds from international organizations (UNICEF, ADB, WHO, UNDP, etc). DOST is too partial for UP, and gives out small budget/projects anyways...

Yes. I am from UP. I've made well cited publications under UP as well. So I'm sure I'm one of the reasons why our school is in that international ranking.

Oh my goodness... Why am I even discussing this with you? You clearly don't know the problem of UP.

Sorry... this is the last of my reply in this thread. I kinda know how PEX trolls work. See my profile? I've been in here since 2004. Try harder? No. I've got better things to do... like writing international publications for UP to elevate that ranking you are so proud about.
    Yes, we have problem in budget. But it is not the biggest problem. There are ways to subvert that. And I don't even want to talk about that here... obviously, you don't know about those ways (and it doesn't even need selling assets, or leasing out lands, or increasing tuition fees).
    Again, this is a giveaway. Try harder, please!:lol::naughty::rotflmao:
    No. It is not a preposterous claim. Those are valid research projects from international organizations that UP lost to other universities or other research institutions. We get our funds from international organizations (UNICEF, ADB, WHO, UNDP, etc). DOST is too partial for UP, and gives out small budget/projects anyways...
    So you're saying that the combined (assuming that they indeed exist) contributions of UNICEF, ADB, WHO, UNDP, etc is greater than PCARI and ERDT? You say that ERDT and PCARI are small budget projects?:rotflmao::rotflmao:
    You must be high on drugs!
    Yes. I am from UP. I've made well cited publications under UP as well. So I'm sure I'm one of the reasons why our school is in that international ranking.
    Try harder, please! :rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Oh my goodness... Why am I even discussing this with you? You clearly don't know the problem of UP.
    Because you NOT from UP.
    Sorry... this is the last of my reply in this thread. I kinda know how PEX trolls work. See my profile? I've been in here since 2004. Try harder? No. I've got better things to do... like writing international publications for UP to elevate that ranking you are so proud about.
    I bet you will be responding to this post again. You cannot resist the itch to associate yourself with UP (and misrepresent it) .:lol:
    what performance of UP's is this nitwit talking about? this is about a survey, right? people giving their own dumb opinions.