COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here

Park Bo Gum - Love in the Moonlight (ABS-CBN coming soon!)

park-bo-gum_1453310686_af_org.jpg

Park Bo-gum (born June 16, 1993) is a South Korean actor and host. He gained acclaim with his diverse range of roles in television dramas: playing a cello prodigy in Cantabile Tomorrow (2014), a psychopathic lawyer in Hello Monster (2015), a genius Baduk player in Reply 1988 (2015) and the real-life Crown Prince Lee Yeong in the historical drama Love in the Moonlight (2016). From May 2015 to June 2016, he hosted Music Bank on KBS2.

Biography

Born in Seoul on 16 June 1993, Park is the youngest of three siblings. His mother passed away when he was in fourth grade. His name means "precious sword" (寶劍). He started learning to play piano when he was five and initially wanted to be a singer-songwriter.

Park was in the swimming varsity team of Seoul Mokdong Middle School. During his sophomore year of high school, he sent a video of himself singing and playing the piano to prominent talent management agencies which led to several offers. Consequently, he chose Sidus HQ and became a vocal trainee of the company. Park, who have never thought of becoming an actor, later changed his career path after a suggestion that he would do well acting. After graduating from Shinmok High School, he enrolled at Myongji University's Film and Musical Studies Department. In 2015, he represented his university's cultural overseas exchange program where he traveled to cities in England, France, Italy and Switzerland.

Considered a "New Generation Hallyu Star," Park is also known for his upstanding persona. He is a Christian and volunteers to play piano for his church. Advertisers often cite his "boyishness and manliness", "easygoing and high-class image" and "bright and positive vibe". Colleagues describe Park as kind and polite with Blind co-star Kim Ha-neul saying, "his personality is really good, and he’s also very good at acting."

Comments

• putotsputots Member PExer
    14689876991234.jpg

ABS-CBN new drama 'Love in the Moonlight,' airing next year. As seen from the poster, Prince Lee Yeong is lying on Hong Raon's thighs.

146898753120160719155216800.jpg
    Interview with Cast of "Love in the Moonlight" [Entertainment Weekly / 2016.08.29]
    Love in the Moonlight | 구르미 그린 달빛 - Press Conference
    8 Fun Facts about Park Bo Gum you may not know
    FA-TopList
    Park Bo Gum Reveals His Past Financial Woes
    Top Korean News
    Park Bo-geom Effect
    “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” Co-Stars Say Park Bo Gum Goes Beyond His Role

September 21, 2016

On a recent episode of MBC’s “Radio Star,” “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” stars Park Chul Min and Lee Joon Hyuk appear as guests on the show, where they talk about the amazing qualities of Park Bo Gum.

During the episode, the MCs comment, “We heard that both of you love Park Bo Gum. And that even when he’s not filming, he’ll come and do errands for the wardrobe staff.”

Park Chul Min describes Park Bo Gum’s good deeds, saying, “One time he didn’t have filming, but he was in the wardrobe staff car. Usually when actors don’t have filming, they don’t come on set. Even if they do, they sit next to the director.”

Lee Joon Hyuk also praises the actor, saying, “Park Bo Gum is integrity itself. He’s transparent like water. And his eyes are like a black hole that you can’t get out of. He doesn’t drink or smoke. He thoroughly maintains himself and is really kind.”
    Park Bo Gum carries traditional Korean outfit best, says costume designer [PHOTOS]

By Gungeet Kaur

imgkim-yoo-jung-park-bo-gum.jpg

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds airs every Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. KST on KBS TV. Facebook
    Hanbok designer Lee Jin Hee could not stop gushing about her latest muse from the period drama, Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. The fabricator is seemingly awestruck by Park Bo Gum's aura and the poise he reflects in the traditional Korean dress. The 23-year-old apparently plays the 19th century Crown Prince and is seen donning the vibrant coloured ethnic attire.

Through her social media account, the dress designer relayed: "I worked on a lot of projects, and I've met a lot of actors. There have been many actors who have great bodies and a great figure for clothes, but I think this is a first for an actor who can perfectly portray the feeling and message that I intended, as if he is one with the clothes."

She states that Bo Gum has a natural talent which enhances his ability to complement various attires. Jin Hee also uploaded a series of Bo Gum's pictures wearing Hanbok on her social media and captioned it: "Crown Prince Bo Gum never fails to surprise me".

"These are clothes with which I thought a lot about the presence and class. [Park Bo Gum] wore the clothes almost exactly the way I had first imagined," she further wrote.

Jin Hee, who is a professional period dressing designer, previously revealed that a Hanbok takes at least 4-months to get ready. She told Soompi: "Making a single hanbok costume takes about four months to complete. A lot of care goes into making an outfit that matches an actor's image."

Talk about her favorite actor yet again, the costume designer added: "Park Bo Gum fundamentally really liked the outfits that I designed. When I would be on set, he'd often grab my hand and tell me, 'The outfits are so beautiful.'"
    Jung Yoo Min says Park Bo Gum is like 'an angel'

By Simi John

imgpark-bo-gum.jpg
    Park Bo Gum plays the male lead in period drama, Moonlight Drawn by Clouds Facebook
    South Korean actress Jung Yoo Min has opened up about Hallyu star, Park Bo Gum. The duo are seen together in historical drama, Moonlight Drawn By Clouds.

During an interview with TV Report, the 32-year-old actress gushed about the 23-year-old actor. She said: "Everyone thinks of him as an angel. In real life, he's way more angelic [than people think]. He takes good care of the people around him, tries to do things for others first no matter what it is, and is really cool. Even though he's younger than me, I want to call him oppa."

Yoo Min added: "Even my manager said he was so engrossed in the monitor [when Park Bo Gum was filming]."

Previously, Song Joong Ki praised Bo Gum while he attended the 2016 Seoul Drama Awards. He said: "I knew 'Moonlight Drawn By Clouds' would do well, but I didn't know that it would do this well. I'm sincerely thankful, and want to thank everyone for loving Bo Gum."

The 31-year-old actor added: "It would be great to play brothers some time, or even two guys that fight over the same girl. Regardless, I would like to work with [Park Bo Gum] in a project."
    'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ employee open up on Park Bo-gum

2016_09_14_11889_1473837456._large.jpg

Park Bo-gum is arguably one of the fastest rising stars in Korea, but it‘s not just his charming looks and charismatic on-screen roles that have brought him into the limelight.

Park is also known for his upstanding persona and his squeaky clean image. The production staff of his current drama, “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” reveals how the actor is on-set.

According to a member of the production crew, the actor is “incredibly diligent and well-prepared on set” and, “It’s quite shocking how much [Park] studies and practices his role and character.”

He added, “Filming for hours on end in a traditional hanbok in the middle of the heat wave is not an easy thing to do, but [Park] would always be smiling and giving out positive energy.”

The staff member even went as far as saying, “Park has the power to move people.”

Park has been receiving a lot of compliments from fellow actors and entertainers and is also recognized as a devout Christian that plays the piano for his church.
  • JeSuisBillyJeSuisBilly A Better Me! 👁 PBB Loyalist
    14925749_1430707260280641_4976608621533098345_n.jpg?oh=d4e7661ade80b17e18196d024ce6b70c&oe=5886D513
    14947673_1434085096616574_6348227995064518590_n.jpg?oh=4ee1a19c1a27768f1251633f0127bf41&oe=58D4F590

Nakaka-miss ang MOONday. :)
    -Kapamilyanovelas (Official)
  • innocentlyhoney12innocentlyhoney12 I'm cool and calm ✭✭✭
    Ganda ng trailer ng Love in the Moonlight na pinakita sa ABS-CBN Trade Launch :D
    17103458_1357339100972064_1847186497897865554_n.png?oh=308a6ac95ff9144acf882ca4bcc18862&oe=5969D400
    17155877_1357342594305048_2317901660073318833_n.png?oh=164dfe507c32b2f4e9bf54df57a31f0c&oe=596C53C3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file