Date: August 19-31, 2017
Host City: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Theme: "Rising Together"

about_35png

Rimau, the official mascot

Comments

• quasar74quasar74 Idol Philippines Game Runner-Up 🏅🎤
    FINAL LIST OF SPORTS FOR KUALA LUMPUR 2017:

Aquatics (Diving, Swimming, Open Water, Synchronised Swimming, Water Polo)
    Athletics
    Archery
    Badminton
    Basketball
    Billiards & Snooker
    Boxing
    Cricket
    Cycling (Road, Track & BMX)
    Equestrian
    Fencing
    Football
    Golf
    Gymnastics (Artistic & Rhythmic)
    Hockey
    Ice Hockey (Figure Skating)
    Ice Skating
    Judo
    Karate
    Lawn Bowls
    Muay
    Netball
    Pencak Silat
    Petanque
    Rugby 7s
    Sailing
    Sepaktakraw
    Shooting
    Squash
    Table Tennis
    Taekwondo
    Tennis
    Tenpin Bowling
    Triathlon
    Volleyball
    Water Ski
    Weightlifting
    Wushu

www.kualalumpur2017.com.my/newscontentau.asp
    Among the sports which were missing in the last Games in Singapore but will make its appearance in Kuala Lumpur 2017 are Cricket (T20 & T50), Track Cycling, Futsal, Ice Hockey, Ice Skating, Karate (Kumite and Kata), Lawn Bowl, Muay and Men’s Weightlifting.
    Sports which were featured in Singapore but omitted from the Kuala Lumpur 2017 Games list are Canoeing, Floorball, Rowing, Softball and Traditional Boat Race.

Damn! No Baseball/Softball :grrr: :grrr: Bawas agad sa gold medals natin.:bop:
  • boytoy143boytoy143 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Applied as a volunteer for SEA Games. Sana matanggap.
  • Kuala Lumpur 2017 was once in the past affirmed in a meeting by the SEAGF Myanmar in 2012. The Games are held each 2years and the latest was held in Singapore Help with assignment and the following organizing of the Games after Kuala Lumpur 2017 is proposed for Brunei.The amusement is a Multi-Sport occasion uniting all South East Countries for the sixth time in Malaysia for the Sea Games.
    The Philippines is planning to send a full army of athletes from all 38 sports in the 29th Southeast Asian Games.

Based on the initial list of the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC), a total of 493 athletes and 149 coaches will comprise the national delegation, with medal-rich athletics, swimming and team sports such as basketball and volleyball, bringing the most number of participants.

Read more: http://sports.inquirer.net/250444/sea-games-team-ph-field-bets-events
  • eycharboieycharboi Smile lang lagi :) PEx Expert 🎖️
    quasar74 wrote: »
    The Philippines is planning to send a full army of athletes from all 38 sports in the 29th Southeast Asian Games.

Based on the initial list of the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC), a total of 493 athletes and 149 coaches will comprise the national delegation, with medal-rich athletics, swimming and team sports such as basketball and volleyball, bringing the most number of participants.

Read more: http://sports.inquirer.net/250444/sea-games-team-ph-field-bets-events

This is good news. Exposure of our quality athletes.
    Meanwhile, we have good chances of stepping into a higher finish this time as Indonesia will only max of 250 players this August.

"We will send only a maximum of 250 athletes to the SEA Games 2017 in Malaysia, unlike in SEA Games 2015 when we sent 500 athletes," the minister said

https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2017/01/05/068832788/Indonesia-Sets-No-Target-in-SEA-Games-2017
    Do we have updates ba about our Men's Diving team? If it is the same team na pinadala last time, I hope nakapagprepare na sila ng bonggang bongga.
    ABS-CBN, TV5, PTV in three-way fight for rights to broadcast SEA Games
    Read more http://www.spin.ph/sea-games/news/tv5-abs-cbn-ptv-eyeing-sea-games-broadcast-kuala-lumpur-philippines

Pwede ang joint coverage para mas malawak at mas madaming makapanood. Pero kung iisa lang, I'd go for TV5. Daming commercials kasi pag ABS haha
    SEA Games chef de mission Carrion predicts 50 golds for PH

http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/other-sports/172375-chef-de-mission-carrion-predicts-50-golds-seag

Here's the PH medal output in the last 3 editions.

G-S-B Output
    Palembang 37 55 77 6th place
    Nay Pyi Taw 29 35 37 7th place
    Singapore 29 36 66 6th place

My Prediction for 2017

1. Thailand
    2. Malaysia
    3. Vietnam
    4. Philippines
    5/6 Indonesia or Singapore

Thailand always sends their best teams in the biennial meet so I expect that they will still rule the 2017 edition. Malaysia could pull off a second place finish , as they are the hosts and home advantage is a plus. Lamang lang ng 11 gold medals ang Vietnam 2 years ago so kayang kaya maabutan ito ng Malaysia. Vietnam will come in third and Philippines at 4th. Indonesia will only send maximum of 250 athletes and that could mean lower medal output. Focus kasi nila ang Asian Games. Singapore could finish either 5th or 6th. Last edition kasi napakafavorable sa Singapore yung drawing of lots sa ibang team sports kaya nanalo sila. Plus may mga sports na wala nang bronze medal match. Kung pumasok ka sa semis, automatic bronze medal na agad
  • bootsguybootsguy PEx Rookie ⭐
    Excited for this!
    eycharboi wrote: »
    ABS-CBN, TV5, PTV in three-way fight for rights to broadcast SEA Games
    Read more http://www.spin.ph/sea-games/news/tv5-abs-cbn-ptv-eyeing-sea-games-broadcast-kuala-lumpur-philippines

Pwede ang joint coverage para mas malawak at mas madaming makapanood. Pero kung iisa lang, I'd go for TV5. Daming commercials kasi pag ABS haha

Much better in PTV my first witness of SEA Games was in 1997 SEA Games in Indonesia and was broadcasted by PTV and they have an extensive coverage of the games from 11 am in the morning until late night sometimes. They also broadcasted SEA Games in 1999, 2001 and 2003.

2017 Southeast Asian Games List of Filipino Athletes in Athletics, click on the link below:

http://hamsternice.blogspot.com/2017/06/southeast-asian-games-2017-list-of.html

Here is the partial list of Filipino athletes who will be competing at the 2017 Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from August 19 - 30, 2017. Click on the link below:

http://hamsternice.blogspot.com/2017/06/2017-southeast-asian-games-partial-list.html

thank you for the list!

Ayan, unti unti nang nabubuhay ang thread haha.

Too bad walang women's weightlifting, that means hindi makakalaban si Hidilyn Diaz, sure gold sana siya.

Kristie Elaine Alora of Taekwondo will be the flag bearer for Team Philippines :)
    Buti naman isang olympian ang flag bearer natin ngayon. Valdez being the one last edition was cringeworthy. Pa-showbiz lang.
  • They different other purpose. In 2016 WhatsApp came to be the What is Whatsapp Messenger quickly and there are numerous other things.
    Ayun, almost lahat kasi ng players e galing sa PSL. may conference pa kasi ang PSL matatapos sia in 2 wks. Mukang ang totoong practice nila e sa July 17 pa pagpunta nila sa Japan for 2 wks. Tapos pagbalik nila Pinas they have another 1 wk to practice for Asian Seniors tuloy tuloy n yun hanggang Sea games
    SEA Games: Singapore will not compete in sepak takraw, volleyball, weightlifting

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sea-games-singapore-will-not-compete-in-sepak-takraw-volleyball-8982268

2 years ago, nakabronze ang SG women's vball team, ka tie nila ang Indonesia. E ngayon alam na nilang wala silang ibubuga kasi di na sila ang host at wala na silang chance to manipulate the grouping format.
  • work_placework_place Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Here are my projections:

1. Malaysia - 100-125 golds
    Sila ang host. Maniplated din ang number of events at sports na lalaruin to favor them. You may check the official website for the list sports. They top contenders sa Archery, Diving, Bowling, Karate, Squash (9 events lang naman), Winter sports events, Wushu. They can do well sa Swimmig, cricket, cycling, pencak silat, sailing, lawn bowls at equestrian, where they can win 3-5 golds per sport.

2. Thailand - 75-90 golds
    I don't feel Thailand will get the overall championships. Marami ding na-cut na sports na magaling sila just like the fewer events sa mga Martial Arts/Combat sports, Shooting, Weightlifting. Strongest nila ang Athletics, Sepak Takraw. Can do really great in swimming, gymnastics, cycling, shhoting, TWDo, Skiing etc. Well they can win at least 1-2 golds per sports naman kaya mataas sila lagi sa rankings.

3. Vietnam - 60-80 golds
    I always find it difficult to predict Vietnam's output. Pero andyan pa rin ang Gymnastics, Athletics, Swimming (yung girl na sobrang galing), other Martial Arts/Combat sports, Fencing, pencak Silat, Wushu, TWdo.

4. Singapore - 35-50 golds
    There are 40 events sa swimming. May Sailing pa, table tennis at shooting. Baka masilatan pa sila ng PH sa 4th spot haha

5. Philippines - 35-45 golds
    Can be top 4, just like in 2003, or the games prior to hosting. Lahat ng kase ng 'next hosts' sa Sea Games, nagiging successful sa preceding games. I am very optimistic, just by seeing the line up. I am happy na di na si Valdez ang flag-bearer. Wala pa namang napapatunayan tapos naging flag bearer. Ewwwww lang. Strongest: I hope Athletics, Boxing, TWDo, can deliver. I am pretty sure we can win 1-3 golds in tennis, judo, karate, triathlon, basketball, archery, wushu. Sana rin magkaron na ng golds uli sa swimming.

6. Indonesia
    Well, 250 athletes lang ipapadala nila... just like PH in 2013. I don't think they can win 40golds. 30-40 ang target ko for them. They might still be strong sa archery, cycling, pencak silat at water sports at ilang combat sports.

7. Myanmar
    Looking at their political landscape, mukhang 5-12 golds lang ang kaya nila. Chos!

8-9. Laos and Cambodia

10-11. Brunei and Timor.

I don't care much sa mga dwellers na ito.