Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Are people who are serious (less sense of humor) smarter than people who joke/ laugh

FrigidFrigid PEx Rookie ⭐
Are people who are serious (less sense of humor) smarter than people who joke/ laugh a lot?

Is it true that people who are serious, those who don't laugh at jokes or laugh at fewer jokes have higher IQ and people who laugh at jokes or more jokes and not serious and see everything as funny have lower IQ?

is it because smarter people dont have time with trivial small time stuff, their brains are constantly working overtime about complicated issues in life that they dont laugh or have no sense of humor and that they find it useless to think about small things and that they see the urgency in thinking about complicated things for the improvement of their lives

whereas

dumb people cannot reach higher level thought process and cannot see the importance of thinking complex things so they settle for inferior thought so they laugh easily without even being aware that they are laughing constantly?

yes or no?

Comments

• That is non sense. I don't joke or laugh around people. I'm very serious type! but I'm not smart!
  • gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    There have been no studies that correlates those two things. Besides, they are NOT exclusive.

It sounds silly and shallow.
  • BusilakBusilak PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I've just read an article about 8 Traits That Point To Highly Intelligent People, and one of the traits is that they're really funny.

8 Personality Traits of Highly Intelligent People (Backed by Science)
    The scientific reasoning behind some of the personality traits that smart people share.

http://www.inc.com/business-insider/8-personality-traits-highly-intelligent-genius-people-share-according-to-science.html

I think quick-witted people are intelligent, also those who get the gist of a joke where the punchline is not so explicit.

Iba rin naman ang madaling matawa, kahit may natisod lang.
  • xfrn3s3.jpgdSwyrZU.jpg
    gfAxGIH.gifBc03N1D.jpg
    vz7Oyvn.jpg et cetera
  • The joke of a super billionaire USD. Only billionaires and smart people understand his joke. lol
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nope, it's not true. you need to understand a joke to laugh. Which means higher IQ is actually needed.

the greatest comics of our time have really high IQ.

Si joey de leon for example, some of his writings are brilliant as hell. Yung mga hirit nya sa kalyeserye are sometimes amazing.

ofcourse this does not count for mababaw jokes such as the ones shown on your local teleserye [email protected] or yung mga pag ookray ni horseface.
  • FrigidFrigid PEx Rookie ⭐
    OK so you are saying that all kinds of people can laugh and find jokes funny smart and dumb alike

but

it is the quality of the jokes that determine whether someone is dumb or smart. tama?

kasi diba yung mga katulad nina Jobs, Gates, Einstein, Obama only laugh at witty jokes but not laugh sa mga taong natapisod lang at mababaw jokes.

but let me expand the question.

Can frequency of laughing or joking be a factor?

So although Jobs, Gates, Obama and eisntein laugh at some jokes, they dont laugh as much or as often as dumber people?

yes or no?
  • inviinvi PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Having a great sense of humor is an indication of character and intelligence.

Intelligent people can laugh at the stupidest things and still be intelligent. IMO being able to laugh at a lot of things does not lower your IQ.

Ano ba pinaglalaban ni TS?
  • NilsNils PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kailangan mo ng IQ para maintindihan mo ang jokes. kailangan mo ng IQ and EQ para makapag deliver ka ng maayos ng jokes. kailangan mo ng mataas na IQ at EQ para bumangka sa miski anong sitwasyon, mapa jologs man ang audience mo o mga pa sosyal.

hindi sa komo hindi matalino, wala ng sense of humor. medyo limited nga lang ang jokes na maiintindihan mo at matatawanan mo (OR matatawanan mo in-real time)
  • FervorFervor PEx Rookie ⭐
    Marami dyan patawa-tawa lang sa mababaw na bagay pero malalim ang pagkatao. I do not consider knowledgeable person as smart. For me it's how you see things from different perspective.

Kahit makabisado mo pa ang buong set ng Britannica Encyclopedia at Philippine constitution at kaya mo ito i recite back and forth Kung palpak ka naman mag isip at wala kang logic edi parang useless din lahat ng nalalaman mo.
  • katze_schmusekatze_schmuse PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    2016 na di pa rin uso ang [#]SentidoCommon[/#]?:lol: