PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

HELP.... Planning to drop my second course...

cruz.nikkacruz.nikka Member PExer
Hi! I just wanna ask... I'm currently enrolled in the BSA program of San Beda - Mendiola. It wasn't my choice to pursue my second degree (pinilit lang ako). I first graduated Marketing Management from DLSU. Now, I want to drop my second degree as I really can't bring myself to love and enjoy this program, not to mention, I really want to work. I've already told my parents about this.

I asked the registrar's office (San Beda) about my TOR and she said that my DLSU TOR will just be a xerox copy of the TOR I submitted previously when I was admitted to this school (San Beda) where it says "FOR ENROLLMENT PURPOSES" and there'll be a label saying: "CANCELLED". Moreover, if I decided to drop now, my San Beda TOR will show that I have dropped my subjects..

My questions are: will my DLSU TOR be accepted by the companies I wish to apply for??? Should I request my DLSU TOR from DLSU (for employment purposes)???

Comments

• nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    hi nikka, ill answer your question cos we almost have the same name. joke lang.:D.

anyway, seriously.

yes, once you transferred your credentials, like when you get a 2nd degree in a new school, your old tor will always be attached to the new one.

pero theyd still be two separate TORs. kasi of course the headings are different, your new school can not print your old schools tor, like as if you took your first degree from their school.

ang bait namn ng parents mo, why not just fimish the new course. tutal nasimulan mo na. pero if di mo talaga feel, of course you can always submit your first tor, on its own. di mo namn kelangan pakita yung sa San Beda, unless hingin sayo ng employer mo.

di ka ba ever humingi ng original TOR sa first school mo?

if youre asking would it be a big deal in your future applications, hindi naman. yun lang, you can never hide that you dropped from San Beda, kasi parang may comments na sa ibaba ng old TOR mo, na parang may cont sa new TOR.

kung di mo na talaga feel ituloy, dont let this petty issue stop or worry you from doing what you feel right. kesa magsayang ka mg ilang taon tapos baka ma kickout ka pa dahil ayaw mo naman yung new course mo.

go ahead. important naman yung first course mo sa aaplyan mo.
  • nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    as to your 2nd question pala. all you can do is try, (to ask La Salle) if theyd give you a copy of your originial TOR.

kasi nag transfer of credentials ka na. so medy malabo.

try mo na lang, baka pumwede.
  • cruz.nikkacruz.nikka Member PExer
    nikkilove wrote: »
    hi nikka, ill answer your question cos we almost have the same name. joke lang.:D.

anyway, seriously.

yes, once you transferred your credentials, like when you get a 2nd degree in a new school, your old tor will always be attached to the new one.

pero theyd still be two separate TORs. kasi of course the headings are different, your new school can not print your old schools tor, like as if you took your first degree from their school.

ang bait namn ng parents mo, why not just fimish the new course. tutal nasimulan mo na. pero if di mo talaga feel, of course you can always submit your first tor, on its own. di mo namn kelangan pakita yung sa San Beda, unless hingin sayo ng employer mo.

di ka ba ever humingi ng original TOR sa first school mo?

if youre asking would it be a big deal in your future applications, hindi naman. yun lang, you can never hide that you dropped from San Beda, kasi parang may comments na sa ibaba ng old TOR mo, na parang may cont sa new TOR.

kung di mo na talaga feel ituloy, dont let this petty issue stop or worry you from doing what you feel right. kesa magsayang ka mg ilang taon tapos baka ma kickout ka pa dahil ayaw mo naman yung new course mo.

go ahead. important naman yung first course mo sa aaplyan mo.

Hi. Thank you so much. :) At first, ayaw din ng parents ko na payagan ako mag drop, pero dahil hindi talaga kaya, emotionally stressed talaga.. so yun. Pero dahil nasabi mo yung about nga sa hindi matatago yung dropped na status sa second school, I think kailangan pa ulit pag isipan to. Or kahit man lang siguro hanggang matapos ang sem na to...

Ang worry ko is baka di sila nagbibigay ng original copy ng TOR ko from my previous school na may nakasulat na "for employment purposes"... But as you've suggested, I will ask my previous school if they could still give me one.

Once lang ako (ever) nag request ng TOR and that was for my admission in my second school. :)

Thank you ulit for answering. :)
  • LabuyoXVIIILabuyoXVIII Member ✭✭✭
    cruz.nikka wrote: »
    Hi. Thank you so much. :) At first, ayaw din ng parents ko na payagan ako mag drop, pero dahil hindi talaga kaya, emotionally stressed talaga.. so yun. Pero dahil nasabi mo yung about nga sa hindi matatago yung dropped na status sa second school, I think kailangan pa ulit pag isipan to. Or kahit man lang siguro hanggang matapos ang sem na to...

Ang worry ko is baka di sila nagbibigay ng original copy ng TOR ko from my previous school na may nakasulat na "for employment purposes"... But as you've suggested, I will ask my previous school if they could still give me one.

Once lang ako (ever) nag request ng TOR and that was for my admission in my second school. :)

Thank you ulit for answering. :)

Ganito kasi sa UST 0
    Students/ graduates who have already been issued their Transcript Credentials (Honorable Dismissal) may not apply for records online. They may apply in person provided they submit a letter of no- objection from the Office of the Registrar of the school which admitted them.

Check with ESH sa DLSU. After getting into the MBA program of DLSU, my TOR from UST is a certified true copy of the original, with a stamp, school seal, and signature of the Registrar in La Salle.
  • cruz.nikkacruz.nikka Member PExer
    Ganito kasi sa UST 0

Check with ESH sa DLSU. After getting into the MBA program of DLSU, my TOR from UST is a certified true copy of the original, with a stamp, school seal, and signature of the Registrar in La Salle.

Thank you for this. I will ask DLSU if they're also allowing that one. :)
  • gordonbluegordonblue Member PExer
    Hi. I'm having the same problem. Were you able to get your TOR in DLSU?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file