PUT A STRESS ON STRESS

PUGSLEYPUGSLEY Banned by Admin PExer
Hello Doctors!!!

I and my friends and about 3 PExers fate will be determine 213 days from now and we'd like to believe we're under stress, though i know its not for us to say if we really are.

1. What is stress?
2. What causes stress?
3. How would one know if one is in stress?
4. What are possible alternatives of relieving stress, I hope you won't suggest relaxation :D because time really is of the essence now.
5. What are the manifestations of stress?
6. I use to sleep at 2 am everyday but now I can't get to sleep till after an hour or two , is this a connotation of stress?
6. Can stress lead to insanity?

Thanks

Comments

• walachuwalachu Member PExer
    these are great questions, but don't you think the doctors here could help you a little bit more if you told them the cause of your stress? class cards ba?

kasi diba one way of reducing stress is to find out what's causing it. acknowldeging that source of problem and try to find ways to solve it?

in any case, i think everyone experiences stress in different ways. like me for example, i get stomach aches while i have a friend who gets headaches. but we both become irritable and crabby and short-tempered, hehehe.
  • PUGSLEYPUGSLEY Banned by Admin PExer
    Originally posted by walachu
    these are great questions, but don't you think the doctors here could help you a little bit more if you told them the cause of your stress? class cards ba?

kasi diba one way of reducing stress is to find out what's causing it. acknowldeging that source of problem and try to find ways to solve it?

in any case, i think everyone experiences stress in different ways. like me for example, i get stomach aches while i have a friend who gets headaches. but we both become irritable and crabby and short-tempered, hehehe.

hmmmmm. class cards? nope. :D

213 days from now is September 1, start for bar exams.
  • PUGSLEYPUGSLEY Banned by Admin PExer
    I forgot to ask

6. Can stress be self-inflicted?

I'm asking this because September 1, 2002 is a few months away and fact is I've already counted the actual days before such date. :D
  • walachuwalachu Member PExer
    stress is caused by a lot of things. but in the end, it's how you deal with it that counts i suppose.

there are people who make mountains out of molehills. while some people treat problems like water off a duck's back.

so i guess, yes, in that sense, stress can be self inflicted. =)
  • JeFF1119JeFF1119 PExologist PExer
    STRESS-the physical, emotional and mental rection of a person to something like change of events; most often a negative or adverse event but it can also be positive; depends on the person dealing with stress.

Recognizing stress is the first step in coping up with stress to prevent adverse effect.

Managing stress: Learn to control stress level, Express feelings to others, Cry to release tension, Exercise, Relaxation skills

Manifestations of stress:
    -increase heart rate, blood pressure, rate of breathing, perspiration, dilation of pupils, decreased digestion and feeling of strength...& because of sympathetic & cortisone effects, these are the "ALARM REACTION"--> tenses & alert the body ready for reaction.

When one is not able to cope up with constant stress, it may result to mental illness.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file