FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Foreign Student Planning to Study Medicine in Ph

pencilcuppencilcup Member PExer
Hello to all med students and others too! :)

Yung isa kung ka-opisina/friend nagtanong sa akin kung ano raw magandang school for medicine para sa kanyang anak nagbabalak na maging doktor. He's an Indian and mahal daw kasi sa India compared sa Pinas at mahirap rin makapasok sa med schools nila unless mayaman na mayaman ka raw or isa ka sa mga top students.

Wala ako maisagot, lol! Hindi ko alam na marami na palang Indians na nag-aaral sa Pinas, sya lang rin nagsabi sa akin.

Sa palagay nyo, yung mga pexers na nagme-med , anong school ok for foreign students (i.e. from India) and ano basic requirements? Sila kasi nakapag- grade 12 na. Mali yata nasabi ko na kelangan pa mg-premed anak nya ng 4 years then another 4-5 for med. Matagal raw pala. lol!

Please feel free to add any info (expenses, dorm fees, donation(?), length of study, etc.) and kahit ano pang info na meron kayo.

TIA.

Comments

• nikkilovenikkilove Member ✭✭✭
    So his expenses and effort would be worth it, he should just limit his pick to the top 3 choices,

UST, FEU, UERM

His priority should be to get into UST,

If not, at least one of the two above.

FEU has a strong alumni circuit,

It produced

4 Sec of the Dept of Health
    8 Pres of the Phil Medical Assoc
    6 Pres of the Phil College of Surgeons
    1 Pres of the World Medical Assoc
    and several Directors/Heads of various American medical organizations and societies

Ive also seen several foreigners study Medicine in FEU, from Americans to Iranians, Taiwanese, Koreans and Africans.

So like what i said, if he can, just choose one of the 3 schools ive mentioned, hed be good.
  • pencilcuppencilcup Member PExer
    Thanks nikkilove. Noted.

How about med schools in Cebu? From what I read, magaganda rin med school don..

As per my friend, mga medical agents sa India generally promote Perpetual Help Dalta, AMA, Fatima, Cagayan State U and one from Bicol. Kumusta naman daw mga schools na ito, sabi ko hindi sikat sa Pinas yan. lol! Or maybe I'm wrong, baka hindi nga sikat katulad ng UST, UP pero magagaling naman mga grads..

Enewei, sabi ko try nila directly to contact mga schools especially UST at yung sa Cebu and not to deal with agents. Now I will add UERM & FEU sa irerekomenda ko..
    Im not sure with the Med schools outside Metro Manila....but of course they have their own benefits or advantages...i just dont know much about them.

What i know is many students, all over the country flock to these Manila schools, for their medical degree.

For me, with the high cost of medical education, lalo na sya, babyahe from amother counrry,

might as well get it from the producers of doctors who excel in their field.

Good luck to your friend.
  • Doctor of Medicine - Top schools by board exam passing rates
    1 Cebu Institute of Medicine Cebu City 100% 241 of 241
    - St. Luke’s College of Medicine- William H. Quasha Memorial Quezon City 100% 92 of 92
    - Angeles University Foundation Angeles City 100% 48 of 48
    4 University of the Philippines Manila Manila 99% 315 of 316
    5 University of Santo Tomas Manila 98% 908 of 925
    - Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila Manila 98% 286 of 289
    - Ateneo de Manila University Quezon City 98% 111 of 113
    8 University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Quezon City 97% 468 of 478
    - Silliman University Dumaguete City 97% 46 of 47
    10 Davao Medical School Foundation Davao City 96% 199 of 207
    - Xavier University Cagayan de Oro 96% 108 of 112

http://www.finduniversity.ph/top-schools-by-exams-results/physician-licensure-exam-31/

CHED Center of Excellence

Cebu Institute of Medicine
    University of the Philippines Manila
    University of Santo Tomas
  • meteorcatchermeteorcatcher UE FIGHT! ✭✭✭
    Per CHED Memorandum Order (CMO) No. 38 series of 2015

Center of Excellence (NCR)

UERM
    UP Manila
    UST

?type=3&theater
  • benjievicbenjievic Member PExer
    Per CHED Memorandum Order (CMO) No. 38 series of 2015

Center of Excellence (NCR)

UERM
    UP Manila
    UST

https://www.facebook.com/ueredtribe/photos/a.124366726457.130827.118938306457/10154054685281458/?type=3&theater

Walang FEU?
    What's the CHED basis?

While in recent years, UE medyo angat sa FEU in terms of board exams (and/or perhaps admissions);

but

historically, mas may track records ang FEU.

So, sa tingin ko almost equal lang sila sa reputation ...

with FEU enjoying an edge by name recall or track records.

My cousin both passed UE and FEU. While a lot of friends say go UE, I adviced him to go FEU and he did.
  • meteorcatchermeteorcatcher UE FIGHT! ✭✭✭
    ^
    Sayo na mismo nanggaling, a lot of your friends says go to UE.

Anyway, I respect your opinion. Kahit saan ka naman mapunta dyan sa mga nabanggit na schools, lahat may maayos na reputation pagdating sa field ng medicine. Kung saan ka nalang siguro mas komportable tsaka feeling at home yun ang piliin mo.
    To TS, i didnt recommend UP, kasi very limited naman slots nila and almost exclusive ang admission to UP grads.

Anyway, i wont sacrifice school and alumni reputation for board exam performance, lalo na a few % lang namn ang difference and with FEU and UERM sending more board exam takers.

Good luck sa friend mo.
  • Sorry, nakalimutan ko ang UERM COE din pala. :)

CHED's criteria for COE/COD.

1. Instructional Quality (45 pts)
    * Program Administration
    * Faculty
    * Curriculum
    * Facilities and Equipment
    * Library and ICT Capability
    * Student Support System
    * Graduate profile

2. Research and publication (30 pts)
    3. Extension and linkages (20 pts)
    4. Institutional qualification (5 pts)