Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

The Amazing Race II: For Philippine Viewers Only [No Spoilers Allowed]

MeAkoMeAko PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Siyempre grammatically limp ang topic ko, dapat: The Amazing Race II: For Philippine-*based* Viewers Only [No Spoilers Allowed]...pero...in line with my previous thread on TAR I, I would like to open up this thread for all you TAR fanatics who have still to recover from the adrenaline rush of the TAR finale.

I wonder how many share my view: The Amazing Race kicks Survivor [email protected]!!

Please post any:

1. General information about TAR II, when it starts, the general venues of the race etc...

2. Information about contestants.

3. Information on when AXN plans to show it...(sana kasabay na ng US run, ala Survivor, para patas tayo, walang lamangan...)

If AXN shows a delayed run of TAR II (or even if they show a current run), this site will not be the appropriate place to post any spoilers. NO SPOILERS ALLOWED, please. If you are a spoiler freak, please feel free to start a new thread...so, pleeease, you are welcome here, but your spoilers aren't.

Comments

• namename PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sana naman walang spoilers dito :(

Anyway, I only watched the Amazing Race during the marathon special that AXN showed. It definitely kicks @ss! It's much more "real" than Survivor. Given a choice, I'd rather join TAR than Survivor! :)

Although I'm still a big Survivor fan! :beam:
  • Oo nga, kelan kaya papalabas ng AXN ang TAR2? Dapat kuhanin na rin ng Studio 23 kasi sa Survivor, mas nauuna pa sila kaysa sa AXN. Unfortunately, hindi nga lang ganun kataas ang rating sa States ng TAR. Pero, anhow, I'm still gonna watch it.
  • Originally posted by AnGeLJoLi
    Oo nga, kelan kaya papalabas ng AXN ang TAR2? Dapat kuhanin na rin ng Studio 23 kasi sa Survivor, mas nauuna pa sila kaysa sa AXN. Unfortunately, hindi nga lang ganun kataas ang rating sa States ng TAR. Pero, anhow, I'm still gonna watch it.
    oo nga...that way, maraming makakanuod di lang yung mga may cable! for sure, people will enjoy TAR like we all did!:D
  • PandaemonaeonPandaemonaeon Moderator PEx Moderator
    1. General information about TAR II, when it starts, the general venues of the race etc...

It will air on CBS during Mondays at 9 PM starting March 13, with a "Countdown" episode to keep us TAR Addicts company on March 11 at 10 PM.
    2. Information about contestants.

Jerry Bruckheimer and the producers doesn't want to release the info this early for security purposes.
    3. Information on when AXN plans to show it...(sana kasabay na ng US run, ala Survivor, para patas tayo, walang lamangan...)

Let's start an e-mail campaign for AXN to show it either live or a few hours after it airs in the US, just like with Survivor: Africa. Don't bother asking Studio 23 to show it because the picture quality at Destiny is bad.
    oo nga...that way, maraming makakanuod di lang yung mga may cable! for sure, people will enjoy TAR like we all did!

Yeah, but this show will also be over-runned by people who doesn't have a clue about what the show is, ranting about how cute the contestants are or cheer for them based on looks alone instead of HOW WELL they play the game.

Imagine if TAR1 was aired at Studio 23, and we'll see guys posting crap like "hoy hayup talaga tong Frank na to pinatulan ang labs ko na si Rob!!!!1" *shudder*

sheep.jpg
  • sana simulan na agad...i find TAR much more challenging and entertaining than Survivor....di ko na nga inabangan Survivor 3 kse it gets tiring, not much variety. :)
  • Malapit na ba ang TAR2?

Masmaganda naman ang TAR kesa sa Survivor kasi sa TAR ay di mo parin masasabi ko sino ang matatanggal kahit na ilang oras pa ang pagitan nila sa bawat isa. Samantalang sa Survivor ay pagmay alliance o pagdehado ang kabilang team ay parang alam mo na ang team na mawawalan.
  • CBS Shows 'Survivor' Skills

By Josef Adalian

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Call it Super Sunday II: In a bid to maximize its May sweeps performance, CBS has moved the two-hour final episode of the upcoming ``Survivor: Marquesas'' from a traditional Thursday-night berth to Sunday, May 19.

In addition, CBS will bulk up its midseason schedule with a pair of reality hours, bringing back ``The Amazing Race'' earlier than expected and bowing the Tony Scott/Ridley Scott-produced ''AFP: American Fighter Pilot'' at the end of March.

As for ``Survivor,'' the Sunday scheduling means CBS will have no fewer than four hours of ``Survivor''-related programming during the last full week of the May ratings book. The penultimate episode of season four of Mark Burnett's reality hit will air as planned on Thursday, May 16; a two-hour finale follows from 8-10 p.m. on May 19; and an hour-long post-show is set for 10 p.m.

CBS also avoids pitting the ``Survivor'' finale night opposite the May 16 denouements of NBC's Thursday sitcoms and Anthony Edwards' ``ER'' swan song. On the down side, ``Survivor'' will now likely sign off against the series finale of Fox's ''The X-Files (news - Y! TV).''

Whatever the pros and cons of the move, CBS execs call the Sunday scheduling a simple matter of arithmetic. In order to cram in 14 hours of the show between the show's Feb. 28 season premiere and the end of May sweeps, the network needed to double-pump the franchise for a week.

``Getting more episodes in sweeps is a plus, but if you do the math, and count the weeks, this is the way the numbers dripped out,'' said Kelly Kahl, executive VP of scheduling and program planning for CBS.

Once CBS decided to double up during sweeps, it had to figure out on which night to schedule the extra episode.

``Putting it on a Sunday seemed like a logical choice,'' Kahl said. ``It's a night where the networks have traditionally put some of their biggest events, and nothing's bigger than a 'Survivor' finale.''

Indeed, the number of homes using TV is generally higher on Sunday than most nights of the week, giving CBS more potential viewers for the ``Survivor'' wrap. What's more, CBS' Sunday ratings track record has been spotty this season, ensuring the network will substantially improve its average for the night by putting the ``Survivor'' finale on May 19.

While ``The X-Files'' finale figures to do big numbers for Fox, CBS executives said their ``Survivor'' scheduling was based more on maximizing its value to CBS and less on avoiding other networks' big guns.

``It's such a competitive month, at some point, you're going to have a hard time finding a night where you're not going to go up against something else,'' Kahl said.

Meanwhile, CBS is hoping to use ``Survivor'' to boost ``The Amazing Race 2.''

``Race'' will premiere with a preview episode on March 11 at 10 p.m., following CBS' successful Monday comedy block. It will then settle into its regular 9 p.m. time slot March 13, boosted on that evening and on March 20 by special Wednesday-night editions of ``Survivor.''

As previously announced, ``Survivor'' will air on Wednesdays for two weeks because of CBS' commitments to NCAA (news - web sites) basketball on Thursday nights.

``AFP: American Fighter Pilots'' will premiere at 8 p.m. March 29, replacing the on-hiatus ``Ellen'' and the canceled ''Danny.'' It follows U.S. Air Force pilots as they train for combat.

CBS has had success airing ``JAG'' repeats at 8 p.m. Fridays as a lead-in to the modestly successful midseason legal drama ''First Monday.'' Network executives think the same audience will tune in for ``AFP.''

So there! It's confirmed that in US, the preview episode will start on March 11 (Monday) at 10 PM and will be shown regularly starting at March 13 (Wednesday). *okay*
  • tequilapjtequilapj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    thanks everyone, especially yuck_fou, for all the info on TAR2!
    Let's start an e-mail campaign for AXN to show it either live or a few hours after it airs in the US, just like with Survivor: Africa. Don't bother asking Studio 23 to show it because the picture quality at Destiny is bad.

i'm with you here pandaemonaeon. not that i don't want those who don't have cable to see TAR, but for some reason, studio 23 on destiny is really bad. buti na lang ok ang AXN. what's AXN's email? sulat nako kagad!

hey why don't we speculate on the places contestants will go to in TAR 2...since we haven't heard of any (non-tourist) americans visiting the country (well, except for the thousands of soldiers already here for the balikatan exercises ;)) i think it's safe to say we won't be seeing any part of the philippines in TAR2...

i'm pretty certain they'll visit at least one country in south america this time. brazil probably, i dunno, i just have a feeling. siguro australia din; one of the big cities, like sydney or canberra.

what do you think? :)
  • Yes! We should email AXN! Here's the email address:

[email protected]

Please mag-drop kayo ng email para naman up-to-date tayo sa TAR 2!
  • I truly love this show......
    I just catched the marathons on AXN and it was just amazing.....
    Survivor was good but its nothing compared to this show.....

This is Reality TV at its finest.......
    To those who thought Survivor was great - check this show out - its not just one of those shows riding the reality TV bandwagon - this show delivers

one of my new quests in life is to someday, somehow get on this show....*LOL*
  • i like the show a lot. i wish ulitin muna nila uli (hindi ko napanood yung marathon, dami schoolwork e) yung season one. :)
  • :wave: this is kinda redundant na pero...i have here an organized sked for both s4 and amazing race 2...since I happen to notice din na many people are fans of both shows...:D

U.S. TIME:

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28
    8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS (Premiere)

MONDAY, MARCH 11
    10:00-11:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE 2 (Special Preview)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13
    8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS (Special Night)
    9:00-10:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE 2 (Time Period Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20
    8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS (Special Night)
    9:00-10:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE 2

SUNDAY, MAY 19
    8:00-10:00 PM SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS (Two-hour Finale)
    10:00-11:00 PM SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS REUNION

There will be a segment featuring the Amazing Race 2 contestants at the February 13th episode of The Early Show at CBS. Drew also said that he's going to play a small part in the show, probably to interview the contestants or something.

sheep.jpg
    The commercial for The Amazing Race 2 just aired at CBS. Some highlights:

• All members of the 12 two-person teams run off to get their backpacks with the travel package attached to it (reminscent of episode 1) in what seems to be a desert location with all the sand blowing around.

• A shot of the Statue Of Christ, so Brazil is confirmed as a possible pitstop.

• They have another bungee jump, an elephant ride, and more dog-sledding.

sheep.jpg
  • pranZpranZ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    excited na rin ako..
    :bounce: :bounce2:
    for sure..TAR2 cannot top the first one..
    i mean the first one was perfect..
    the guidos being the "antagonists" to spice things up, there was the lovely Emily :love:
    and the neck to neck finish between frank/margarita and ron/brennan..
  • tequilapjtequilapj PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    A shot of the Statue Of Christ, so Brazil is confirmed as a possible pitstop.

hey whaddya know! i guessed right! :)
  • Contestants for The Amazing Race 2 Unveiled.Read the article
  • main_pic.jpg

I don't know but as of now, I think I like this tandem (basing on initial reaction lang)...

Blake / Paige (Brother / Sister)
    mainpic_blake.jpg

pero gusto ko rin yung ibang groups...

Mary / Peach (Sisters)
    mainpic_mary.jpg

Shola / Doyin (Twin Brothers... cool!)
    mainpic_shola.jpg

Marami pa... tignan nyo na lang dito:

The Amazing Race 2 Official Site

Mukhang maganda rin naman yung mga relasyon ng mga napiling groups ngayong season. Sana lang talaga eh ipalabas dito on time! ;)
  • And these 2 guys are goofballs! Read their bio on the official site!

Gary / Dave (Former Roommates)
    mainpic_gary.jpg
  • hey, i went to the site and i think chris and alex are kinda cute... but not like Shola and Doyin!!!! :wink:

:p :belat: :p