Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene

What is the Difference Between Alone and Lonely?

This is how I define them:

Alone is a choice. Forcing yourself to enjoy your own company. Lonely is when you had external relationships and became enough as a person.

Now, it's your turn.

Comments

• SerjSerj PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^

to be alone and to be lonely are both a choice.

for me, alone is a state of physical being. lonely is a mindset that reflects a state of emotional being.
  • Alone means that you don't have anyone with you. It could also mean that you feel that no one looks after you or loves you like you're unimportant that's why you'll hear some people say, "I'm alone. I have no one. No one loves me." It also means literally; physically alone. On the other hand, loneliness is the result of being alone. There are a lot of factors that makes people lonely. To be lonely is completely normal but if you're always lonely then it might be depression. To be alone for a long time can also cause depression. Hope that helps!
  • sushihunk26sushihunk26 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Serj wrote: »
    ^

to be alone and to be lonely are both a choice.

for me, alone is a state of physical being. lonely is a mindset that reflects a state of emotional being.

I value your opinion. Good definition.
  • sushihunk26sushihunk26 PEx Rookie ⭐
    capsei wrote: »
    Alone means that you don't have anyone with you. It could also mean that you feel that no one looks after you or loves you like you're unimportant that's why you'll hear some people say, "I'm alone. I have no one. No one loves me." It also means literally; physically alone. On the other hand, loneliness is the result of being alone. There are a lot of factors that makes people lonely. To be lonely is completely normal but if you're always lonely then it might be depression. To be alone for a long time can also cause depression. Hope that helps!

Yup, cognition right here. Thanks for your idea.
  • Alone is not being with someone else, physically no companion..
    Lonely is a feeling, a sad feeling caused by being alone..
    You can be alone and not lonely but you can never be lonely if you are not alone.
  • iam_aicaiam_aica PEx Rookie ⭐
    u can be alone but not lonely, u can be lonely even ure not alone.. :rotflmao:
  • iam_aica wrote: »
    u can be alone but not lonely, u can be lonely even ure not alone.. :rotflmao:

Yup *okay*

For example, ako, I'm an introvert person and I prefer to be alone pero never akong nakafeel ng loneliness, pero kapag may kasama ko or with a group of friends mas nalolonely ako at mas nabo-bore haha :lol:

So choice mo rin or depende sa personality mo.
  • DAJaviDAJavi PEx Rookie ⭐
    you can be alone without being lonely.
  • I love being ALONE sometimes but don't like feeling LONELY. Pag lonely ako, i want someone to talk to. That's how i define alone & lonely. :)
  • YnidhoroYnidhoro PEx Rookie ⭐
    Alone,nangyayari yan dipende sa uri ng sitwasyon meron ang isang tao at habang nang iisa at pakiramdam mo wala kang makapitan, malapitan man lang doon na papasok ang Loneliness (kalungktan), on my case most of the time nag iisa ako dahil na rin sa mga nakasanayang sitwasyon at sa mga nakaraang pangyayari na di ko matanggap at yun mismo ang nag tulak sa akin na maging ganito at minsanan na rin ako nakaranas ng loneliness o kalungkutan!
  • Alone mag-isa. Yung feeling mo wala kang kadamay, walang nakaka-appreciate sa'yo. Nag-iisa ka.

Lonely Hindi masaya. Malungkot. Walang ganap sa buhay. Hindi exciting. Walang pag-babago na nangyayari sa'yo. Depressing.
  • Alone is for the introvert person like me. :D:rolleyes:
    Lonely, well that one is depressed me. Either your alone because your a loner or because of your problem. :mecry::mecry:
  • When you say that you are "alone" what you are implying is that there is no other person with you. For example, right now I am sitting all alone at my computer desk and typing away — there is no one else in the room. I am neither happy nor sad about it; as far as I am concerned, the fact that there is no one around is neither good nor bad. The word "lonely" on the other hand, refers to the state of the mind of an individual.

It suggests that the person is sad, feels unwanted, and is longing for companionship. The degree of sadness that the individual feels may vary. When one sits in a crowded room, one is not "alone", but one can still feel "lonely" because loneliness has nothing to do with physical proximity with other people. When one is "alone", one needn't feel lonely. Some people prefer to be alone. I THANK YOU....
  • bigheartbigheart PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Being alone does not mean you are lonely. But if you are lonely, you feel alone even if you have friends. To some, they value quietness because it is essential for soul cleansing and life recollection.
  • Alone - Yung tipong nag-iisa ka.
    Lonely - Yung tipong feeling mo malungkot ka.

Two different words, two different meanings. Pero bakit pinagkukumpara? kasi, minsan napag-uugnay mo sila. You can be alone but not lonely. You may feel lonely even if you are not alone.

Minsan you feel Lonely kaya gusto mo munang mapag-isa. Minsan feeling mo you feel all Alone, kahit hindi naman, kasi malungkot ka lang. Nagiging magkadugtong sila kasi yun ang nafi-feel mo. Yun ang gusto mong ma-feel. Kasi yun ang "pinipili" mong maramdaman. Kahit pwede naman silang magkahiwalay. Kahit pwede naman na isa lang sa kanila ang maramdaman mo.

Ayoko man, pero, pinagsabay ko kasi maramdaman yun ngayon... kaya siguro napa-reply ako dito.
  • richmonddeerichmonddee PEx Rookie ⭐
    For me, "alone" is situational while "lonely" is emotional. Both are independent of one another. You can be alone and feel lonely, you can also be alone and not feel lonely. You can also be surrounded by people and feel not lonely, and you can also be surrounded by people but still feel lonely. It depends on your personality how "alone" and "lonely" will work on you :)