Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Long Distance Relationships

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask girls in this site what are your different reasons why you would not enter in a long distance relationship. What reasons do you have that it does not work?

Comments

• As witnessed, contradicting to what I've experienced and I'm experiencing, some girls do not want to be in a long distance relationship because they're AFRAID they might do something stupid (or should I say behave WRONGLY) while in a relationship--
    Reality is sometimes when our life turns upside down, of course we want our significant others to be there to comfort us, unfortunately for those in LDRs this seem to be not that simple-- because well a hug or physical gesture of comfort can't be done through email, mobile communication and stuff.
    And then some girls tend to look for this physical comfort to others. Good if you look for comfort from families or girl friend of yours but if somehow you find yourself looking for this comfort from a person on the opposite sex, thus making the relationship complicated, good luck; either ways it's a matter of choice.
    And one relationship rule I know is that, you should never seek comfort from a person on the opposite sex, especially ALONE when you're troubled and down-- you tell your partner or family/friends (even if they're the reason why you're down). What are relationships for, right? :)
    Well.. i said a lot haha, technically, some girls wouldn't want to be in LDR because they're not strong enough as individual themselves, thus seeking comfort to others which they expect to be their partner (all the time).

PS
    I'm a girl who wanted to answer this question despite being one to be in LDR :)
  • xaidesoyo wrote: »
    As witnessed, contradicting to what I've experienced and I'm experiencing, some girls do not want to be in a long distance relationship because they're AFRAID they might do something stupid (or should I say behave WRONGLY) while in a relationship--
    Reality is sometimes when our life turns upside down, of course we want our significant others to be there to comfort us, unfortunately for those in LDRs this seem to be not that simple-- because well a hug or physical gesture of comfort can't be done through email, mobile communication and stuff.
    And then some girls tend to look for this physical comfort to others. Good if you look for comfort from families or girl friend of yours but if somehow you find yourself looking for this comfort from a person on the opposite sex, thus making the relationship complicated, good luck; either ways it's a matter of choice.
    And one relationship rule I know is that, you should never seek comfort from a person on the opposite sex, especially ALONE when you're troubled and down-- you tell your partner or family/friends (even if they're the reason why you're down). What are relationships for, right? :)
    Well.. i said a lot haha, technically, some girls wouldn't want to be in LDR because they're not strong enough as individual themselves, thus seeking comfort to others which they expect to be their partner (all the time).

PS
    I'm a girl who wanted to answer this question despite being one to be in LDR :)

Hi there! nI feel you... I'm in a LDR too for 2 years... If love is true on both sides then distance will never be an issue... Even how hurtful it is to be in a LDR but still its the most happiest feeling too,, right?... Cause that's exactly how i feel...
    Having the thought that someday you will be together...
  • I can not be in a long distance relationship.

It takes a lot of trust and maturity just to keep a normal relationship working, how much more if you're in a relationship with someone you can't even hold hands with?
  • SerjSerj PEx Rookie ⭐
    Long distance relationship is very superficial. Not really a relationship. One puts his/her ideals on the person to meet his/her expectations. And when the two get together in person, they just make up for the time loss that they were apart from each other but not really living in reality on how they face life together. Every thing is being made up based on each one's ideals and expectations.
  • kleenexlambotkleenexlambot PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My hubby and I were in an LDR for about 3 years, were still bf/gf at that time. Not very easy but doable.

If I were to go back in time I would prefer not to enter into a relationship with someone thousands of miles away. It was difficult emotionally -- the only connection was through phone calls and webcam -- for us it was about 30 minutes everyday and sometimes only a few times/week.

Good enough, he came home at least 2-3 times every year for about 2 weeks each and that served as chance to be physically together and know each other more. And then iyakan na naman pag paalis na ulit siya.

What I think held us together during the LDR period was the the trust we had for each other. Medyo may mga selosan but we made sure we agree to trust each other and not to entertain any negative thoughts.

Not an ideal relationship, not very easy but possible. Nakakapraning pag na mi miss mo. You just need to emotionally strong.
  • valerie_hatesyouvalerie_hatesyou PEx Rookie ⭐
    I guess I'm mature enough to handle ldr. Well I don't even consider him far from me since same country lang. I'm currently here in Cebu and Manila siya ngayon - madali tumawag and pwede mag video call.

Okay naman, hindi ako emotional and siya madalas magtampo because I don't have enough time. Sobrang busy lang kasi talaga and paguwi ko from work tulog na agad ako.

Factor din siguro place, sa hotel ako stay so it's comfortable and I'm near Ayala kaya malling during rds.
  • ladyinpeach888ladyinpeach888 PEx Rookie ⭐
    hi! i'm in LDR too, 3 months pa lang kami. i agree na super hirap, this is my first LDR pa. siguro lang we need to stay strong and faithful. lagi lang me assurance na maririnig from both partners. i always think na di naman permanent yung ganitong set up, though talagang nakakaiyak.

hey, kaya natin to. :)
  • littlegurllittlegurl PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    A real deal when you've succeeded this kind of arrangement. One will never understand unless they've tried. A great test of maturity and how you look into the different aspects of how this ldr will work.

It's not all about trust I have to say. It's not about communication either.

Fidelity, vow and a goal you both have to be together asap.