COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Vogue claims Britney is the NEXT MADONNA?!!

himura_kaoruhimura_kaoru trottin' d globe with BL PExer
I used to think Vogue was credible....but to make this bold but stupid statement is absurd!!!



MADONNA IS THE QUEEN! How did people even conceive the idea of comparing THE M WOMAN to that lightweight bubblegum proliferator? :shout:


Madonna has done more for feminism than any woman in recent history so pleeeezzzz.....stop comparing Madonna to....well...to....anyone!



Madonna has style while Britney has a stylist:taunt:
«1

Comments

  • mugglemuggle Aaaaaahh!!! PExer
    ..and did you read the Vogue issue for that next month? Yung feedback letters?

    I just saw the November issue and collapsed.. What you have done is not funny. Putting Britney Spears on the cover of Vogue is unfair to any thinking reader of your magazine . She has no style. She has no attitude. She is a girl!!

    Ok, these are hard times for the world, for America. And doing an issue for America and waving the flag is great. But Britney does not represent America, I am sorry. I love Vogue, but this is too much

    Wow. I'm shocked. How did you manage to get Britney Spears to actually wear clothes for the cover?

    :lol:
  • StJamesStJames pong! PExer
    there's a possibility. britney, like madonna can't sing 4 shiet.
  • delanodelano Mercy In You PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    thats fine as long as Britney do a "Sex" book type thing too as Madonna did!
  • spicesspices -=untamed heart=- PExer
    pleeeeeeezeee!
  • himura_kaoruhimura_kaoru trottin' d globe with BL PExer
    Originally posted by StJames
    there's a possibility. britney, like madonna can't sing 4 shiet.


    Malayo pa rin....as in milya milya! Britney's lucky if her career can stretch to 10years(maybe even 5).
  • pinkrosepinkrose Member PExer
    Uy, I'm a Britney fan!

    Go Britney!

    :D
  • legolasslegolass Moderator PExer
    Yikes, Britney is the classic example of how good marketing can disguise a pretty mediocre product - blecch...please.
  • goran23goran23 Member PExer
    cguro after 20 years. madonna successfully reinvented herself with the release of ray of light. that's the only album that got rave notices. i dunno with britnney. she's a mediocre singer. everytime i hear her songsand mtv's , i would have this urge to throw the remote on the tv screen.
    mtv and music bosses liked her kasi she brings cash to those execs fat bank accounts...
    ganun na ba kastupid ang vogue?
  • Eh di ba before sinabi ni Madonna na like o ina-admire niya si Britney? I'm not really very sure kasi I don't watch or read bout Britney that much.
  • indigo24indigo24 humor me PExer
    I don't think so.
  • tr|n|tytr|n|ty the queen bee PExer
    haha well i'm furious every time i read articles or watch shows that claim that Britney is the next madonna.

    first off, madonna is very intelligent. she's a straight A student and actually went to Michigan for college..didn't finish but still got in. Britney is dumb as sh|t. all she wants is to be "sparkly".

    secondly, madonna is the same ***** off and on screen. she knows what she wants and gets what she wants. her artistry lies in the fact that she re-invents herself with her own vision and not as ordered by her stylist, unlike britney. britney relies on her stylists to give her the image.

    thirdly, madonna was, is and will be on top. everybody respects the woman because she's strong, independent, very sexy, very smart and all woman. she is proud of her sexuality and she takes it upon herself to inject a lot of her personality in everything she does. britney on the other hand is a pop princess with nothing really in between, all she wants is to get married to justin.

    BUT in fairness to vogue, Britney is becoming the next big gay icon. there's cher, there's madonna and now, there's britney. she's very masa
  • AltweggAltwegg Son of the 80s PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    never
  • trent_NINtrent_NIN downward spiral PExer
    An excerpt from GQ Mag DEC 2001 "The cosmic significance of Britney Spears" by Tom Perrotta

    Funny article!

    Britney and Madonna

    I do believe in religion and eroticism are absolutely related. And I think my original feelings of sexuality and eroticism originated in going to church. - Madonna


    I don't think I could ever look at how lucky I am now and not think that God had a hand in it - Britney Spears

    ...Considering their wildly different attitudes toward stardom, it's intriguing to note how often Britney refers to Madonna as a role model. Madonna successfully navigated the treacherous transition from lightweight pop singer, caterung to preteen tastes and drag queens, to major artists with a loyal adult following. Over and over, Britney and her management invoke Madonna when trying to imagine a strategy for overcoming the built-in obsolescene of the teen pop star. "I admire the way Madonna always reinvents herself," Britney says in Heart to heart."I think that's one reason she's managed to stay a success for so long while other artists have fizzled out."

    ...But simply to notice this peculiar connection between our most famous singing virgin and our most famous singing bad girl is to confront a highly revealing irony: Britney may be more conventionally devout in her personal life, but Madonna is far and away the more religously engaged artist.

    Over the years, Madonna has spoken frequently , and at times thoughtfully joking about her religous uprbringing, koing about her name but also connecting the Catholic concepts of sin and guilt with her own interest in sexual transgression. But even if Madonna had a different first name and never said a word about her background, the fact that she had grown up Catholic would be obvious to anyone familiar with her body of work in the 80's.

    On the other hand, we know Britney is religous only because she tells us (and tells us and tells us), though to be honest, her theology seems to begin and end with gratitude toward the good Lord for making her such a big friggin' star.

    ...All I really now is that Madonna always seems dealy serious about what she's doing or saying, whereas Britney always seems as if she's kidding around. Her surprisingly lame Jungle Jane-themed performance at this year's MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS is a good case in point. If Madonna performed a song called "I'm a slave 4 U" and choreographed it with sexually multicultural dancers, vaguely Egyptian overtones and a finale that included a huge yello serpent, you'd immediately know that she was trying to make some kind of allegorical statement about sex, sin and power and that these were issues she'd thought about in some sustained way and had put to the test in her private life. But when Britney does it, all you can say is, "Hey, cool, there's Britney holding a fat snake."
  • criseracrisera Member PExer
    Originally posted by goran23
    cguro after 20 years. ...

    Yes, i agree with you. Otherwise, she should be called the "next Debbie Gibson".
  • GENOME_XGENOME_X CLONE_ME PExer
    Rape and kill Shitney Spears! She's a curse in this world. The only one that can be compared to her is Satan!!!!
  • AltweggAltwegg Son of the 80s PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by crisera


    Yes, i agree with you. Otherwise, she should be called the "next Debbie Gibson".
    im just curious, why "next Debbie Gibson?"
  • delanodelano Mercy In You PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Altwegg

    im just curious, why "next Debbie Gibson?"

    Im not sure what he/she meant by that statement, but all i know
    is that Debbie Gibson and Tiffany were both popular during their bubble gum years, and went pffft after a few years...their 15 mins of fame were gone.
  • spicesspices -=untamed heart=- PExer
    spear britney
  • AltweggAltwegg Son of the 80s PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by delano


    Im not sure what he/she meant by that statement, but all i know
    is that Debbie Gibson and Tiffany were both popular during their bubble gum years, and went pffft after a few years...their 15 mins of fame were gone.
    thanks very much
  • himura_kaoruhimura_kaoru trottin' d globe with BL PExer
    Originally posted by trent_NIN
    An excerpt from GQ Mag DEC 2001 "The cosmic significance of Britney Spears" by Tom Perrotta

    Funny article!

    Britney and Madonna

    I do believe in religion and eroticism are absolutely related. And I think my original feelings of sexuality and eroticism originated in going to church. - Madonna


    I don't think I could ever look at how lucky I am now and not think that God had a hand in it - Britney Spears

    ...Considering their wildly different attitudes toward stardom, it's intriguing to note how often Britney refers to Madonna as a role model. Madonna successfully navigated the treacherous transition from lightweight pop singer, caterung to preteen tastes and drag queens, to major artists with a loyal adult following. Over and over, Britney and her management invoke Madonna when trying to imagine a strategy for overcoming the built-in obsolescene of the teen pop star. "I admire the way Madonna always reinvents herself," Britney says in Heart to heart."I think that's one reason she's managed to stay a success for so long while other artists have fizzled out."

    ...But simply to notice this peculiar connection between our most famous singing virgin and our most famous singing bad girl is to confront a highly revealing irony: Britney may be more conventionally devout in her personal life, but Madonna is far and away the more religously engaged artist.

    Over the years, Madonna has spoken frequently , and at times thoughtfully joking about her religous uprbringing, koing about her name but also connecting the Catholic concepts of sin and guilt with her own interest in sexual transgression. But even if Madonna had a different first name and never said a word about her background, the fact that she had grown up Catholic would be obvious to anyone familiar with her body of work in the 80's.

    On the other hand, we know Britney is religous only because she tells us (and tells us and tells us), though to be honest, her theology seems to begin and end with gratitude toward the good Lord for making her such a big friggin' star.

    ...All I really now is that Madonna always seems dealy serious about what she's doing or saying, whereas Britney always seems as if she's kidding around. Her surprisingly lame Jungle Jane-themed performance at this year's MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS is a good case in point. If Madonna performed a song called "I'm a slave 4 U" and choreographed it with sexually multicultural dancers, vaguely Egyptian overtones and a finale that included a huge yello serpent, you'd immediately know that she was trying to make some kind of allegorical statement about sex, sin and power and that these were issues she'd thought about in some sustained way and had put to the test in her private life. But when Britney does it, all you can say is, "Hey, cool, there's Britney holding a fat snake."

    Well, Madonna has a near genius I.Q. and Britney has....... :glee:a nice set of boobs(w/c Madonna has too). :grinroll:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file