Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

...RUkawa...

I was just passing by a few threads and saw that a lot of PeXers use the stupid "Lukawa" pronounciation the crappy subtitling of AXN spread. I dunno why, but for some reason, it annoys me like hell, so I'm gonna say it loud and clear now.

IT'S RUKAWA!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
«1

Comments

  • hear hear! *okay*
  • Originally posted by tengoku_no_ryu
    I was just passing by a few threads and saw that a lot of PeXers use the stupid "Lukawa" pronounciation the crappy subtitling of AXN spread. I dunno why, but for some reason, it annoys me like hell, so I'm gonna say it loud and clear now.

    IT'S RUKAWA!!!!!!!!!!

    Thank you.


    the translator should have learned that there is no "L" in all consonant phonetics of the Jap language moreso Japanese names!!


    now we see the effects of wrongly dubbed or even subtitled animes!! how pitiful...chirol_guu.gif



    :dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:
  • The thing is, they even try to link a page about it which says Rukawa and puts in the damn thread title Lukawa.

    Nakita na nga, gusto pa yung mali

    Pathetic.

    di na siguro mawawala to. masasama na to sa kenshee, yoshi, cori, sato, eugene, alfred, dennis, vincent, richard, etc.
  • 'fraid so... fine, some people don't really know, while some don't care...

    ignorance is one thing... being obstinate is another...

    oh well... :|
  • thehitmanthehitman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The Rukawa cheering brigade even spelled his name in their outfits. And it's spelled RU-KA-WA, divided into 3 (one for each of them ugly cheerers :lol: ). So why some people insist on calling him Lukawa is beyond me.

    :cool:
  • kartoonista please change the thread title with the lukawa name and change it to Rukawa. We cannot afford to influence other people with that pathetic stupidity.
  • Originally posted by Slasher
    the translator should have learned that there is no "L" in all consonant phonetics of the Jap language moreso Japanese names!!

    yeah! That's why when I first heard that AXN ad on tv before I was watching, when I heard the announcer say Lukawa loud and clear, I thought I heard wrong... and when I confirmed, all I could say was "do'aho"...
    Originally posted by Mygz
    'fraid so... fine, some people don't really know, while some don't care...

    Don't care?! Well I doubt THEY'D like it if we changed all the "R's" in their names to "L" (Frankly, I'd be pretty annoyed if someone typed my name in as tengoku_no_lyu) or "B's" to "V's" or something like that.
    Originally posted by thehitman

    So why some people insist on calling him Lukawa is beyond me.

    I can't think of any reason besides them being ignorant or plain stupid...
    Originally posted by neueziel
    kartoonista please change the thread title with the lukawa name and change it to Rukawa. We cannot afford to influence other people with that pathetic stupidity.

    hear hear! *okay*
  • not AXN's fault. it was pronounced as Lukawa after all.
    although they should have seen the spelling in the "Rukawa cheering squad".
    is Ryoko or Rika pronounced as Lyoko or Lika? i don't think so... but isn't Belldandy supposed to be pronounced as Verdandi?

    napapa op-topic na ako ah...

    anyways, to quote one of my teachers, ignorance is not an excuse!!
  • Originally posted by neueziel
    kartoonista please change the thread title with the lukawa name and change it to Rukawa. We cannot afford to influence other people with that pathetic stupidity.
    Already noted and done. You can all rest easy now. :jap:
  • thank you.
  • thank you, kartoonista! :handsdown:
  • No problem. :jap:
  • Originally posted by Basketball_Man
    di na siguro mawawala to. masasama na to sa kenshee, yoshi, cori, sato, eugene, alfred, dennis, vincent, richard, etc.

    I think we can forgive them (those #$%&!#$$!! translators) for the case of RK's Kenshin being spelled as Kenshee, because that's how the name was pronounced in the anime anyway (i.e. the "n" in "Kenshin" is silent).

    But as for the rest of the mistakes, here's what we'd like to do to them:

    :bash:
  • Originally posted by subaru
    not AXN's fault. it was pronounced as Lukawa after all.
    although they should have seen the spelling in the "Rukawa cheering squad".
    is Ryoko or Rika pronounced as Lyoko or Lika? i don't think so... but isn't Belldandy supposed to be pronounced as Verdandi?

    napapa op-topic na ako ah...

    anyways, to quote one of my teachers, ignorance is not an excuse!!



    it IS AXN's fault!!!

    Rukawa, Ryoko, Rika are Japanese names while Belldandy is a foreign name but even so the Japanese pronounce it as Berudandi!!

    i think those who translated it were Chinese!!
    remember this??!!---> "fLied Lice, you pLick!!!" -Uncle Benny, Lethal Weapon 4




    :dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:
  • Originally posted by subaru
    not AXN's fault. it was pronounced as Lukawa after all.
    although they should have seen the spelling in the "Rukawa cheering squad".
    is Ryoko or Rika pronounced as Lyoko or Lika? i don't think so... but isn't Belldandy supposed to be pronounced as Verdandi?

    napapa op-topic na ako ah...

    anyways, to quote one of my teachers, ignorance is not an excuse!!

    It was their fault all right, 'coz they should've known that there was no "L" in Japanese phonetics. And in the Japanese dubbing Rukawa's name sure didn't sound like "Lukawa" to me...
  • wala namn mawawala kung rukawa o lukawa ang tawag sa kanya...
  • Originally posted by bich
    wala namn mawawala kung rukawa o lukawa ang tawag sa kanya...

    are you sure!!?? anong mararamdaman mo pag ung mga characters na ginawa mo pinalitan ng pangalan dahil lamang sa [email protected] ng translator?



    :dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:
  • Originally posted by Slasher


    are you sure!!?? anong mararamdaman mo pag ung mga characters na ginawa mo pinalitan ng pangalan dahil lamang sa [email protected] ng translator?



    :dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

    no big deal.. DO U THINK DR.T will get mad just because the name of Rukawa was misspelled.. sheesh, so low..

    rukawa or lukawa is just one..

    it spells as rukawa but sounds like lukawa.. translators are translators.. they are bound to make mistakes.. or baka gusto lang talaga nila itawag na lukawa..
  • Originally posted by bich


    no big deal.. DO U THINK DR.T will get mad just because the name of Rukawa was misspelled.. sheesh, so low..

    rukawa or lukawa is just one..

    it spells as rukawa but sounds like lukawa.. translators are translators.. they are bound to make mistakes.. or baka gusto lang talaga nila itawag na lukawa..

    it's still mis-information! mraming naniniwala na un talaga ung pangalan ng star player ng Shohoku.



    :dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:
  • in any case, we fans are fortunate to know the truth, and it's not bad for us to defend what we know is correct. :)

    and i guess we all know how annoying it can be if someone doesn't get our name right.
Sign In or Register to comment.