Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Bodybuilding/Working Out For Graveyard Workers

Hi guys! Di ko sure kung meron na nagawang thread for this, pero based sa paghahalungkat ko parang wala pa naman. :lol:

Anyway, in two weeks from now, magkakaroon ako ng graveyard shift sa schedule ko (10pm-6am). This will go on for 6 months until end of December. I'm worried lang how much will this affect my weightlifting. I wouldn't consider myself as an expert bodybuilder. More than one year pa lang ako nagbubuhat and saktong buhat lang ginagawa ko. Hindi pa batak na batak. Not yet. :)

Of course I will try to get at least 6 hours of sleep everyday, stick to my healthy and whole foods diet, pero I'd like to hear from those who have actually worked (and still working) in graveyard or night shifts and still managed to stay fit and on track with their body fitness goals. TIA!

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    What do you mean by tamang buhat lang??

Just do everything you do (and plan to do) to stay on track.

The first week or two will definitely be an adjustment period
  • It should be the exact same thing....except at a different time. Although really that should work out perfect. You get off at 6am, the gym should be open and empty actually by that time. I'm assuming you'd work out after you get off anyways.
  • rapidpunchrapidpunch PEx Rookie ⭐
    Takoyucky wrote: »
    Hi guys! Di ko sure kung meron na nagawang thread for this, pero based sa paghahalungkat ko parang wala pa naman. :lol:

Anyway, in two weeks from now, magkakaroon ako ng graveyard shift sa schedule ko (10pm-6am). This will go on for 6 months until end of December. I'm worried lang how much will this affect my weightlifting. I wouldn't consider myself as an expert bodybuilder. More than one year pa lang ako nagbubuhat and saktong buhat lang ginagawa ko. Hindi pa batak na batak. Not yet. :)

Of course I will try to get at least 6 hours of sleep everyday, stick to my healthy and whole foods diet, pero I'd like to hear from those who have actually worked (and still working) in graveyard or night shifts and still managed to stay fit and on track with their body fitness goals. TIA!

i have been on a rotating 247 shift years back. . siyempre no choice. though ang favorite shift ko is 2pm to 10pm since sa umaga buhat, then saka papasok

worst ko is GY which is 10pm to 6am kasi ang buhat ko na ay yung hapon pag gising ko na minsan nakakatamad at gusto ko na lang matulog pa ulit pero no choice dahil needed. . .

nung 6am to 2pm naman, nakaka gym na ako pag uwi from work which is 5pm at most. .

suggest ko adjust ka muna sa sleeping pattern mo, then try mo mag gym ng pag gising OR pwede din after work (para ma gauge mo kung ano yung mas ok sa iyo na oras)
  • pit bullpit bull PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    GY ako for 11 years na. I work out/exercise after shift. I arrive at home at around 5:30am, workout from 6:30-8AM... sleep at 11AM. Mas comfortable lang ako ng ganito since I always sleep late. Kapag paggising kase, may tendency na ma-extend yung tulog so hindi na makakapag-exercise dahil need mo na pumasok sa work.
  • vincexvincex PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    People working the graveyard shift will be the worst hit healthwise. Makes it even more crucial that you gym.
  • go for bodyweight exercise or loop band exercise, gather the workout plan that fit and optimize to the target muscle you want.

just like the conventional gym, the big question is your dedication and commitment to workout as you plan.
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    For the past year, I was rotating between afternoon and late night shifts when I used to work in QC so by the time I hit the one-year mark, I just know that this set-up has taken a toll on my body. Good thing though that with the nature of my job at the time, I had more than enough time to go to the nearest neighborhood gym and spend the days in between to do some running on a regular basis.

Iyun lang, hindi pa rin healthy sa katawan ang frequent adjustments dala ng pabagu-bagong shifts kada linggo.

But now, I have since been reassigned to Makati with a regular 9am-6pm shift and considering the traffic situation there recently, bagong pagpaplano ulit on how I could find myself a good gym nearby (Eclipse is of course in the cards).