Thyroidectomy 2016

Hi! I'm a newbie here. i will be having Thyroidectomy 2 weeks from now.. I have 4.2cm none toxic colloid nodular goitre. Been to different doctors... 2 of them adviced me to undergo surgery. My other doctor said it's up to me. He said benign cases like mine are just 85 percent sure not 100% so it could also be malignant (cancer)... The doctor said that if they find it cancerous they might remove the whole thyroid gland and I might develop hypothyroidism after if I dont take the meds on time everyday.

I just want to know if it's eligible for a PWD card before and after surgery. I am not rich. Check up is very expensive. I know some of those who are experiencing the "symptoms" would understand me some wouldn't. I have been depressed for several years and i just feel useless. I just feel so messed up :(

Comments

• RedparkRedpark Implementing Compliance PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hi gyups, I'm not very familiar with Pwd card but based on what I have read it seems that the benefits of the card as per healthcare needs of the card holder are more on the outpatient needs. Meaning to say after surgery meds or discharge meds, whatever medication you need to get after surgery most likely pain meds will be covered. Best way to find out the full coverage and limitation of the card is to call them.
  • gyupsgyups Member PExer
    Redpark wrote: »
    Hi gyups, I'm not very familiar with Pwd card but based on what I have read it seems that the benefits of the card as per healthcare needs of the card holder are more on the outpatient needs. Meaning to say after surgery meds or discharge meds, whatever medication you need to get after surgery most likely pain meds will be covered. Best way to find out the full coverage and limitation of the card is to call them.

Hi! Thank you Redpark! Well, i think being honest with your doctor is very important as well. I have been quite shy to talk about my symptoms because.... my parents go with me all the time during check ups! They might not believe me and just mock me. I will need to find the "moment" to talk to my do tor alone. Hehe :)
  • RedparkRedpark Implementing Compliance PEx Rookie ⭐
    Btw, the survival rate of thyroid cancer is very high while mortality rate is very low. A lot of folks who have been diagnosed to have that type of cancer even on their late stage were able to survive and pronounce to be cancer free after series of treatment. I personally knew some individuals even a family member of mine who was diagnosed with toxic goiter then had a surgery. During the surgery they took a sample for biopsy. It was a wrong finding that surprised the surgeon because they found out that she had a cancer. The physician did his best to removed all the cancer cells then put an order for radiation therapy which is I131. She is now cancer free.
    Redpark wrote: »
    Btw, the survival rate of thyroid cancer is very high while mortality rate is very low. A lot of folks who have been diagnosed to have that type of cancer even on their late stage were able to survive and pronounce to be cancer free after series of treatment. I personally knew some individuals even a family member of mine who was diagnosed with toxic goiter then had a surgery. During the surgery they took a sample for biopsy. It was a wrong finding that surprised the surgeon because they found out that she had a cancer. The physician did his best to removed all the cancer cells then put an order for radiation therapy which is I131. She is now cancer free.

My doctor said I don't have hypo or hyper thyroid... But I am experiencing some hypo or hyper symptoms... Confused. I am not taking any meds however my thyroid is getting bigger and bigger... Thats why i'll undergo surgery.

But after surgery, he said i might experience hypothyroidism. And you're correct, the doctor said I will not know for sure if my thyroid is benign or malignant even with FNAB thats why he adviced me to undergo the operation, if they'll discover that it's cancer they'll remove the whole thyroid and will have a lifetime medicine.

I think this illness is invisible, cause you may look okay but deep inside it's frustrating :(
    Thank you for that info but i've read in some other countries..they're eligible!:) But thanks anyway :)
  • latundanlatundan Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi advice lang kita. Thyroid is our body's MASTER Hormone. Its one of the most important organ of our body.

Please back out of surgery. Pag natanggal na thyroid mo lifelong medication and complication ka.

Thyroid-heart-gallbladder-liver- connectado yan.

Try the traditional chinese medicine doctor at ongpin st. He is one of the best in treating hormonal disorder. cancer and other disease. Pero hindi instant healing it will take months to years but months pa lang makikita mo improvement. Its boiling of herbs.

By the way i went there just to investigate if the doctor is for real and nakipag-usap sa mga patients. Meron ako nakausap na ooperahan na sa thyroid 6-7years ago, protruding na eyes nya before, napakapayat daw nya according to her . Ilan days bago mag surgery nag backout sa surgery pero meron na kaltas sa hospital. She tried dr tan and months daw bago sya nagimprove and lumiit daw growth sa thyroid nya. Magaling na daw sya ngayon. Pero i asked her bakit sya bumabalik. Yearly maintenance checkup.

Way back year 2012 meron na other forum talking about this traditional chinese doctor

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,261844.0.html
    latundan wrote: »
    Hi advice lang kita. Thyroid is our body's MASTER Hormone. Its one of the most important organ of our body.

Please back out of surgery. Pag natanggal na thyroid mo lifelong medication and complication ka.

Thyroid-heart-gallbladder-liver- connectado yan.

Try the traditional chinese medicine doctor at ongpin st. He is one of the best in treating hormonal disorder. cancer and other disease. Pero hindi instant healing it will take months to years but months pa lang makikita mo improvement. Its boiling of herbs.

By the way i went there just to investigate if the doctor is for real and nakipag-usap sa mga patients. Meron ako nakausap na ooperahan na sa thyroid 6-7years ago, protruding na eyes nya before, napakapayat daw nya according to her . Ilan days bago mag surgery nag backout sa surgery pero meron na kaltas sa hospital. She tried dr tan and months daw bago sya nagimprove and lumiit daw growth sa thyroid nya. Magaling na daw sya ngayon. Pero i asked her bakit sya bumabalik. Yearly maintenance checkup.

Way back year 2012 meron na other forum talking about this traditional chinese doctor

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,261844.0.html

Hi... Partial lang naman ang tatanggalin if ever wala akong cancer...ang problema kasi medyo na cconscious na ako kasi parang palaki na ng palaki yung tumor sa leeg ko and marami na nakakapansin!:( But will try to research about what you said. Thanks so much!!
    gyups wrote: »
    Hi... Partial lang naman ang tatanggalin if ever wala akong cancer...ang problema kasi medyo na cconscious na ako kasi parang palaki na ng palaki yung tumor sa leeg ko and marami na nakakapansin!:( But will try to research about what you said. Thanks so much!!

Ang mahirap kasi sa western medicine puro antibiotics, operation, chemotherapy, radiation. Puro "gera" inaatupag.

Even yung sinasabi "partial lang" darating time pababalikin ka at tanggalin na lahat.

Naniwala ako effective si dr tan nung nakausap ko one of the top doctor sa st lukes na sya mismo nagpapacheckup kay dr tan. Usually kontra ang isang conventional western trained doctor pero nagulat ako open yung doctor.
    Ang mahirap kasi sa western medicine puro antibiotics, operation, chemotherapy, radiation. Puro "gera" inaatupag.

Even yung sinasabi "partial lang" darating time pababalikin ka at tanggalin na lahat.

Naniwala ako effective si dr tan nung nakausap ko one of the top doctor sa st lukes na sya mismo nagpapacheckup kay dr tan. Usually kontra ang isang conventional western trained doctor pero nagulat ako open yung doctor.

Napapaisip nga ako e.. Ang hirap talaga magkasakt! Try ko din kausapin dad ko about this kasi mahilig din sa mga her al herbal yun e :) pero ang mahal ata ng consultation fee and baka di ko makaya lasa nung herbs hahaha
    Ano symptoms nararamdaman mo?

Sa Traditional Chinese Medicine kasi ibang level ang pag heherbal. Hindi lahat ng pagkain pwede mo kainin kahit organic pa.

Hindi sya mahal kasi ang check up 400pesos. Yung herbs depende pero sa mga nakausap ko around 300 to 700 pesos good for 5days.

Titiisin mo lang talaga yung lasa ng herbs at matrabaho mag-laga pero eventually makakasanayan mo na.

I saw a facebook post recommending dr tan of ongpin st. and meron nagcomment na nakita daw nya with her own eyes si luchi cruz valdez nagpapacheck-up.

Ito yung post at comment

Just last month, Claudine Barretto spent a week at the hospital and had to celebrate Mother's Day there. Now, she has to undergo surgery.

Comments

Aimee P. Bongalonta to Ms. Claudine i know u will think that this is just a stupid comment but i just wanted to help... i am going to this chinese doctor in ongpin his name is Dr. Tan he is well knon doctor there in binondo and some of his client is well known people from entertainment industry like Maritoni Fernandez and just last week i saw Luichi Cruz Valdez with my onw eyes having a consultation... just try his herbs..

Jariedyl Plaza Rojo I heard this doctor here in bohol I was in the salon we had a light conversation sa kasama kung costumer , I was asking her kasi may dala2x syang bottle it contains lemon, cocumber , and luyang dilaw ...I'm asking her what is that for ,she said meyron daw sya liver cancer 8 years ago it was stage 4 and then hindi sya ngpa chemo so one of her frnd recommended Dr ongpin she is healed now and gladly she is still alive and healthy...she continously use the detox recipe to cleanse her liver everyday.

Cath Carlos My friend also visit there for almost 2 yrs now shes recovering from her kidney prob. NKTI doctors told her to wait until she will undergo dialysis but because of her faith to God she chek for an alternative medicine and found dr. Tan. right now shes still doing the same routine but it made her feel good and shes still working normally it breaks your pocket but its worth it.
    Ano symptoms nararamdaman mo?

Sa Traditional Chinese Medicine kasi ibang level ang pag heherbal. Hindi lahat ng pagkain pwede mo kainin kahit organic pa.

Hindi sya mahal kasi ang check up 400pesos. Yung herbs depende pero sa mga nakausap ko around 300 to 700 pesos good for 5days.

Titiisin mo lang talaga yung lasa ng herbs at matrabaho mag-laga pero eventually makakasanayan mo na.

I saw a facebook post recommending dr tan of ongpin st. and meron nagcomment na nakita daw nya with her own eyes si luchi cruz valdez nagpapacheck-up.

Ito yung post at comment

Just last month, Claudine Barretto spent a week at the hospital and had to celebrate Mother's Day there. Now, she has to undergo surgery.

Comments

Aimee P. Bongalonta to Ms. Claudine i know u will think that this is just a stupid comment but i just wanted to help... i am going to this chinese doctor in ongpin his name is Dr. Tan he is well knon doctor there in binondo and some of his client is well known people from entertainment industry like Maritoni Fernandez and just last week i saw Luichi Cruz Valdez with my onw eyes having a consultation... just try his herbs..

Jariedyl Plaza Rojo I heard this doctor here in bohol I was in the salon we had a light conversation sa kasama kung costumer , I was asking her kasi may dala2x syang bottle it contains lemon, cocumber , and luyang dilaw ...I'm asking her what is that for ,she said meyron daw sya liver cancer 8 years ago it was stage 4 and then hindi sya ngpa chemo so one of her frnd recommended Dr ongpin she is healed now and gladly she is still alive and healthy...she continously use the detox recipe to cleanse her liver everyday.

Cath Carlos My friend also visit there for almost 2 yrs now shes recovering from her kidney prob. NKTI doctors told her to wait until she will undergo dialysis but because of her faith to God she chek for an alternative medicine and found dr. Tan. right now shes still doing the same routine but it made her feel good and shes still working normally it breaks your pocket but its worth it.

Hi I have no symptoms except mine is getting bigger and bigger. From 3.2 to 3.9 to 4..... Meaning.. I can still swallow, not having a hard time to breath...Well personally, i think i am gaining weight though i'm chubby, it's very hard to lose weight, I get tired easily and sleepy all the time but I couldnt sleep... Getting really bad heartburns lately.. But just 2 wks ago.. I had a very bad heartburn which made me uneasy cause I had a hard time breathing...

I came from a family of doctors and ayaw nila ako pumunta sa ongpin.. Pa surgery na daw :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file