Insomnia

logo.gif

Sent to a small Alaska town to investigate the murder of a teenage girl, a veteran police officer (Al Pacino) is forced into a game of psychological cat-and-mouse by a primary suspect (Robin Williams) after his partner is killed. The stakes escalate as he contends with an idealistic detective (Hilary Swank) and finds his own stability dangerously threatened.

Insomnia stars Al Pacino, Hilary Swank, Robin Williams, Martin Donovan, Nicky Katt, Maura Tierney, Jonathan Jackson, Paul Dooley, Katherine Isabelle and Larry Holden.

Insomnia is directed by Christopher Nolan ("MEMENTO") and produced by Paul Junger Witt, Edward L. McDonnell, Andrew A. Kosove and Broderick Johnson.

Have you guys heard about this one yet? It's a remake of a 1997 Norweigen film of the same name. The new version is coming out this fall, I think. I haven't seen the original, but I have read soild reviews of the movie.

What's significant about this movie?

1.) It's being directed by Chris Nolan, director and co-writer of Memento!!!notworthy.gif

2.) It is starring Al Pacino!

3.) Hillary Swank and Robin Williams are also in the film

4.) It's supposed to be a decent film anyway, but with this cast and crew, it can only get better

5.)
Nolan has a $50 million dollar budget for this movie; he had to make due with $5 million for Memento.

Has anyone seen the original? What did you think?

photo1.jpg

Anyway,for the record I still firmly believe that Memento should have won BEST damn Screenplay and Nolan should get more recognition for his work. Thank you.

Comments

• shallowshallow Ghost of Ian Rush PExer
    what the...? Robin Williams as the bad guy? good luck selling that one.

anyway, i agree that Memento should win best screenplay (presumably for the Golden Globes?) but it's nuthin' really. i mean, i won't expect a press association to recognize a really good screenplay anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file