FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Passbook savings account or debit card?

I will be called the "new bayani" of our country soon. Before I leave, I am setting up bank accounts to ensure that I will still stay on track with my finances, while having the opportunity to save and invest for my future. With this, I am torn between having a passbook and a debit card. I can have a family member here in the Philippines to deposit on my behalf, and update my passbook, as needed. My thoughts include the security of having a debit card (considering that most of the debit cards can be opened, manage online).

Your thoughts PEX peeps, glad to hear some. :)

Comments

• dzeemmdzeemm Man In The Mirror ✭✭
    I prefer both....
    Actually I prefer an account that offers multiple functions so I opened an all access account with security bank.

If you plan to remit on your account, why not open a remittance account instead. It has no maintaining requirements as long as you remit to your account once a year.
  • Strong7PowerStrong7Power Member ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer BOTH.

Same with @dzeemm, I prefer an account that offers multiple functions.

BDO: Passbook + ATM
    BDO: Passbook + ATM + Checkbook (Account Transfer Facility, ATF)
    SB: Passbook + ATM
    SB: Passbook + ATM + Checkbook
    PSBANK: Passbook + ATM
    ChinaBank: Passbook + ATM + Checkbook
    EastWest: Passbook + ATM + Checkbook
    EastWest: Passbook + ATM
    Maybank: Passbook + ATM
    AUB: Passbook + ATM + Checkbook
    AUB: Passbook + ATM
  • FullForceFullForce Member PExer
    What banks offer Passbook+ATM here in the Philippines? BDO lang alam ko meron at exclusive pa ata sa OFWs.

In Japan, they have that offering.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file