Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

AirBNB and Security Deposit refunds?

yuushihk12yuushihk12 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Hello, everyone!

In the coming days, I was thinking of booking a room thru airbnb for my travels to save on accommodation expenses. I was wondering if meron sainyo familiar with the security deposit process of airbnb? I have some questions:

1). Will they bill your credit card immediately for this? let's say the total cost for the room rent is 10,000 pesos and the security deposit is 12,000- Automatic 22k na ba yung deducted from your credit limit?

2). I understand that an airbnb host as a 48-hour window for any claim on the security deposit. In your experience, hassle ba to get this amount back and reflect on your credit limit?

Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• honeybeahoneybea PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^
    * Yes they will bill you the total 22k right away
    * No, since you need not do anything to claim back your security deposit. Airbnb will automatically credit it back to your cc if your host didn't file any claim, but if your host did file one and you knew you left the place intact as in exactly how it was when it was turned over... you can dispute it. Airbnb has a resolution center wherein sila mag-mediate between you two.

I've used airbnb several times already and I didn't encounter any difficult host but I read stories of others who did so just to be on the safe side...document / take pics or video of the flat when you check out para you have proofs.

Usual problema ko sa security deposit yung exchange rate as in laging lugi ako :( .
  • yuushihk12yuushihk12 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    honeybea wrote: »
    ^
    * Yes they will bill you the total 22k right away
    * No, since you need not do anything to claim back your security deposit. Airbnb will automatically credit it back to your cc if your host didn't file any claim, but if your host did file one and you knew you left the place intact as in exactly how it was when it was turned over... you can dispute it. Airbnb has a resolution center wherein sila mag-mediate between you two.

I've used airbnb several times already and I didn't encounter any difficult host but I read stories of others who did so just to be on the safe side...document / take pics or video of the flat when you check out para you have proofs.

Usual problema ko sa security deposit yung exchange rate as in laging lugi ako :( .

Hi, @honeybea ! I recently inquired via Airbnb's twitter page, sabi nila they're not going to bill/ authorize the credit card unless there's a claim done by the host 48 hours after check-out time. So in effect you just pay for the booking fee talaga. Is this true? or nalito lang kaya sila sa question ko?
  • honeybeahoneybea PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yuushihk12 wrote: »
    Hi, @honeybea ! I recently inquired via Airbnb's twitter page, sabi nila they're not going to bill/ authorize the credit card unless there's a claim done by the host 48 hours after check-out time. So in effect you just pay for the booking fee talaga. Is this true? or nalito lang kaya sila sa question ko?
    Ay sorry ako ang nalito, I checked our stay na may security deposit (not all hosts kasi require deposit) 2x kasi yung billing pero charges for additional pax pala yun pumasok and not for deposit.

Ang icharge sa credit card agad yung total price for the entire stay di lang siya booking fee (sila agoda/booking.com/ hotel.com may offers na "book now pay until certain date" o kaya i-charge lang muna yung 10% booking fee) pero si airbnb charge agad yung full amount.

Use ccs na okay ang conversion gaya ni bdo and bpi since kahit gumamit ka ng dual currency cc eh di guaranee na US$ ka ibill, most hosts use euro at medyo malaki din nagiging difference sa price .

Pag kay Security Bank ang na-experience ko yung nag-iiba yung conversion rate, explanation ng csr iba daw yung rate if floating pa lang yung transaction as in estimate lang daw yun, kapag mag-generate na daw ang statement saka lang malalaman yung real total amount sa billing statement. Si bdo at bpi kung ano ang mag-appear pag check ko online yun na yung rate talaga.
  • yuushihk12yuushihk12 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    honeybea wrote: »
    Ay sorry ako ang nalito, I checked our stay na may security deposit (not all hosts kasi require deposit) 2x kasi yung billing pero charges for additional pax pala yun pumasok and not for deposit.

Ang icharge sa credit card agad yung total price for the entire stay di lang siya booking fee (sila agoda/booking.com/ hotel.com may offers na "book now pay until certain date" o kaya i-charge lang muna yung 10% booking fee) pero si airbnb charge agad yung full amount.

Use ccs na okay ang conversion gaya ni bdo and bpi since kahit gumamit ka ng dual currency cc eh di guaranee na US$ ka ibill, most hosts use euro at medyo malaki din nagiging difference sa price .

Pag kay Security Bank ang na-experience ko yung nag-iiba yung conversion rate, explanation ng csr iba daw yung rate if floating pa lang yung transaction as in estimate lang daw yun, kapag mag-generate na daw ang statement saka lang malalaman yung real total amount sa billing statement. Si bdo at bpi kung ano ang mag-appear pag check ko online yun na yung rate talaga.

Thank you for these tips! I booked using Metrobank, bahala na sa rates. Sana hindi ganun kalaki ang maging difference on the statement. It's such a relief to know na hindi bawas agad sa credit yung security deposit. Ang laki din eh :(
  • para sa mga new users and first time na magbook sa airbnb, use this link for up to P1100 discount!

www.airbnb.com/c/ysabellegraceg
  • samui_bksamui_bk PEx Rookie ⭐
    para sa mga new users and first time na magbook sa airbnb, use this link for up to P1100 discount!

www.airbnb.com/c/ysabellegraceg

paulit ulit ka.. Stay away from this